Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

"Demo showed me it has at least better gameplay than half the series".

well yeah, how the characters play and how responsive the game is

honestly if bosses are well designed it could beat Ys 8 gameplay wise. It already does from the Mechanics and responsiveness side

1 is Bump and most bosses aren't well designed

2 is bump and cool, but i prefer Napish and Party Ys over it

4 is pretty damn weak

6 is super jank

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's you right after:

Screenshot_4288.png

Screenshot_4289.png

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

well yeah, how the characters play and how responsive the game is

Haha fair enough. It's just the phrasing of what you said kinda made it look like you were putting down the other games.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

no i didn't 

*resets*

What a weird unit

loogs good tho

and cheap

They're lowkey amazing. That 1-3 high crit spell is busted.

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

That's you right after:

C'mon, that's not true. I'm not called Johnny!

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Haha fair enough. It's just the phrasing of what you said kinda made it look like you were putting down the other games.

haha

Well, 6,4 aand 1 are my least fav. games in the series, so kinda? xD

oNjGm7l.png

Edited by Shrimperor

Okay, then. I suppose dark magic is just a lost cause, with two shamans who are better than me. But I still got anima, and no other mages to outclass me there. I suppose I'll just--

Foopy4rr o

GOD

FUCKING

DAMNIT

He's better than me, too... Why is everyone better than me!?

Screenshot_4295.png

"I only pick fights i can win"

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

haha

Well, 6,4 aand 1 are my least fav. games in the series, so kinda? xD

oNjGm7l.png

Low how all the numbers are roman numerals and then there's SEVEN.

Giving Ys 6 (Ark is 6 right?) a lower gamplay score than Ys 7 does not bode well......

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, then. I suppose dark magic is just a lost cause, with two shamans who are better than me. But I still got anima, and no other mages to outclass me there. I suppose I'll just--

Foopy4rr o

GOD

FUCKING

DAMNIT

He's better than me, too... Why is everyone better than me!?

This game will leave Ruben humbled. Mark my words.

Giving Ys 6 (Ark is 6 right?) a lower gamplay score than Ys 7 does not bode well......

Problem with Ys 6:

• it's jank
  • it's slow
  • teleport comes too late  and the game has quite a bit of backtracking (i was about to drop the game just before i got teleport that made me continue). Teleport was an addition on a later version btw, og Ys 6 didn't have it
  • i played it after Origin, which has none of these problems

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

teleport comes too late  and the game has quite a bit of backtracking (i was about to drop the game just before i got teleport that made me continue).

Metroid games that aren't Samus Returns

IMG_20200122_203744.jpg?width=653&height

Then again the areas aren't actually that big unless it's Super.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This game will leave Ruben humbled. Mark my words.

I'm more worried about the fact that I've got too many units I want to use and no room whatsoever for them. It's so annoying when that happens. I might have to bench me. But I don't wanna bench me, I've got an A support with the female bow armor and Lyon's animations upon promotion!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_4289.png

If you're unfamiliar with why Shenmue would get thrown into PxZ, I've picked up a little knowledge of the game secondhand.

Back in 1999, the game was considered very innovative in a few regards, such as having a very detailed ordinary world to go about doing ordinary things when you aren't fighting people with martial arts, and maybe a day/night cycle and NPCs on their own schedules as well. The first Shenmue was also hugely expensive to create, making it the most expensive game ever made at the time. $47 million spent, including marketing (inflation raises this to $76 million).  These things resulted in the two games gaining a lot of notoriety at the time.

The cost combined with the failure of the Sega Dreamcast console as a whole, meant Shenmue and its sequel were unable to create a lasting franchise, despite the second game ending on a cliffhanger.

A few years ago, crowdfunding resulted in the cult-classicists finally getting their messianic dream of Shenmue 3. Except IIRC, the game was stuck hopelessly in the past according to reviewers, as if the year was still 2001, not 2019. Faithfulness to a fault one could say. Outside of the crowdfunded copies, the game had low sales. And worse, the director and other returning development team opted to leave the game ending on a cliffhanger again -as if there is any economic viability to a fourth title now.

There is very likely little reason for a modern gamer to ever return to Shenmue in the present day, save for historical curiosity. The industry has come a long way in terms of explorable, interactive, and peaceful worlds.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_4295.png

"I only pick fights i can win"

Actually, Reiji does say in EF once that if he has to gamble, it's never on the long odds, he plays it safe.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A few years ago, crowdfunding resulted in the cult-classicists finally getting their messianic dream of Shenmue 3. Except IIRC, the game was stuck hopelessly in the past according to reviewers, as if the year was still 2001, not 2019. Faithfulness to a fault one could say. Outside of the crowdfunded copies, the game had low sales. And worse, the director and other returning development team opted to leave the game ending on a cliffhanger again -as if there is any economic viability to a fourth title now.

I did hear about that. I remember seeing some hype for Shenmue 3 and then it just went away when it came out bad.

And speaking of the storyline, i have heard that the main villain has yet to actually be defeated at any point, which is why Shenmue has no bosses in PxZ2. 

Bmv6lzhl o

Kinda regretting giving me such a smug face. Every time I smile like that at my shitty-ass levels I dislike me a bit more.

6 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I told Gunnulf that he looks like a frog.

Y E S

...Wait, you're not seriously starting all over from the start, are you!?

Dude, if you just want to undo the one choice, you can go back a couple saves. The game keeps a save at the start of every chapter. Better redo that than the whole fucking game!

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bmv6lzhl o

Kinda regretting giving me such a smug face. Every time I smile like that at my shitty-ass levels I dislike me a bit more.

Alternatively, you're just hiding the pain at this point.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOT A FEMALE BRIGAND

ANYTHING BUT A FEMALE BRIGAND

I DON'T HAVE ANY ROOM IN THE TEAM!!!

Just now, Armagon said:

Alternatively, you're just hiding the pain at this point.

I think every single mage in the team is better than me. Even the healer only needs a promotion and he'll be better than me.

I'm level 15 and I've grown 3 points of magic and 4 points of speed.

This is ridiculous. I'm gonna have to give me statboosters just to keep up.

...later, though. I'm in the mood for some Bloodstained now.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Wait, you're not seriously starting all over from the start, are you!?

Yes.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dude, if you just want to undo the one choice, you can go back a couple saves. The game keeps a save at the start of every chapter. Better redo that than the whole fucking game!

I'm trying to get some achievements. There are some I con only get in a new game.

Screenshot_4297.png

Screenshot_4298.png

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOT A FEMALE BRIGAND

ANYTHING BUT A FEMALE BRIGAND

I DON'T HAVE ANY ROOM IN THE TEAM!!!

So now it's like Conquest unit deploys but with units you actually like.

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I'm trying to get some achievements. There are some I con only get in a new game.

Your 06% puts the Sooks% to shame. Beating a game multiple times in a row just for achievements? Wow... Well, you do what you gotta do.

So now it's like Conquest unit deploys but with units you actually like.

Kinda. I do have a couple that I can bench, but... damn.