Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Niles did this. I’m pretty sure this Niles has leveled more strength than all of my previous Nileses combined. I just might keep him around after I get his S-support, at least for a little while. I mean, 3 strength levels! Niles!

All you had to do was believe in him.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The other standout of this chapter was Camilla. I had forgotten just how OP she was.

I have never seen it and I never will.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Maybe I didn’t like the gimmick because I used to use the dragon vein like an idiot which only left pots to deal with in the bottom half of the map, but even those were helpful because they completely blocked off Saizo and Kagero’s squad

That thing is just a noob trap. Very Kaga.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

As someone who wears their heart on their sleeve, sad scenes in movies/games get me really emotional. Like, a family member of the protag losing their life flr example, it strikes my heart emotionally alot more than it should. I know its supposed to get better for them, but its still sad to me.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All you had to do was believe in him.

Well, it is Fates. How did I not know that the power of friendship was the key!?

I have never seen it and I never will.

Imagine being boring.

That thing is just a noob trap.

Yeah, I suspect I liked it because I thought the pots slowed down the map and most of the pots near the enemies were poison. But then it just turns the upper half of the map into a completely open map, which I hate and is my least favorite kind of map. No wonder I didn’t like the map. Well, now I’m enlightened.

25 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

now imagine if they acually had Kaga on Conquest...

Actually, are we sure they don't?

I’m pretty sure Garon is just Kaga while designing his games.

Edited by Sooks

>Looks at HC Bailey out of curiosity

>Sees he's done both Radiant Historia versions

>Even more of a fan than me

Someone gets it.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I feel like that's not enough of a descriptor of the monster he can be. 😛

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, you're telling me every time Kaga comes up with one of his evil schemes, he stands up on his chair and T-poses for no good reason?

Damn, and here I thought Kaga couldn't get any more epic.

...seriously, I just can't get over that. Why haven't I seen more people talk about that scene?, It was the funniest shit in the whole damn game.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...seriously, I just can't get over that. Why haven't I seen more people talk about that scene?, It was the funniest shit in the whole damn game.

Probably because Revelation just has a very generic and forgettable plot. Like I have no clue what you’re talking about, don’t remember it at all (I think I saw footage of it in a YouTube video on Fates the other day, though). Not that I don’t believe you, it’s just that I remember like three scenes in Revelation.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

>Looks at HC Bailey out of curiosity

>Sees he's done both Radiant Historia versions

>Even more of a fan than me

Someone gets it.

He definitely has a preference for JRPG's, heh, though he does play/LP other genres. Been watching his videos myself since like... 2008 or so. Man, time flies.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Probably because Revelation just has a very generic and forgettable plot. Like I have no clue what you’re talking about, don’t remember it at all (I think I saw footage of it in a YouTube video on Fates the other day, though). Not that I don’t believe you, it’s just that I remember like three scenes in Revelation.

Scene starts at 2:00. The funny happens at 2:32.  Sorry, I'm on mobile so I can only link the video, no timestamps included.

...also, I just realized that Leo's dialogue implies he had been doing it for a while and eventually Leo just accepted it as fact, and apparently Xander just didn't notice the entire time they were standing there. Amazing.

Also also, watching the video I just laughed out loud again, at 1:20 AM. Sorry mom and dad.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Scene starts at 2:00. The funny happens at 2:32.  Sorry, I'm on mobile so I can only link the video, no timestamps included.

Okay, that’s pretty funny. I also like how Leo and Xander are standing right in front of him and are acting like they can’t see him until the camera pans over to him. They’re talking about him like he’s not there and he’s only several feet in front of them, but even Garon doesn’t say anything.

Xander’s dialogue at the end doesn’t make a lot of sense, though, he acts like helping Corrin would be betraying Nohr and Garon, but then says he and Leo should gather their most trusted soldiers and go where Corrin told them to. So is he planning an attack? Why just the trusted soldiers then? If he’s planning to join Corrin, then by his own logic he’s betraying Nohr and his duty and honor. That is quite the funny scene.

Hahaha, I forgot this game sometimes has characters hold their equipped weapons in story scenes. The dual club just clips through all of Camilla.

PJstOiT.png
It made it impossible to take that scene seriously. Wonderful.

Oh and I just noticed that the Cheve army’s description when you tap on their little icon on the bottom screen calls them “courageous and loyal”. You know, the army who’s only ever featured when they’re actively rebelling against their home country and feeding intel to the country they’re at war with. Good job, game.

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

her death was always written...

Well, R.I.P. . I'll grail her in order to honor.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Chapter 12 completed! That was actually wonderful. I used to remember the pots as a hassle that slowed down the battle, but they were incredibly helpfully positioned and made the battle really strategic. Maybe I didn’t like the gimmick because I used to use the dragon vein like an idiot which only left pots to deal with in the bottom half of the map, but even those were helpful because they completely blocked off Saizo and Kagero’s squad. I followed the emperor of Shrimp himself’s advice and didn’t use it this time, and the chapter was very enjoyable. The chapter went wonderfully, I got both chests and killed Ryoma. I only made one “mistake” (placing Niles in range of an apothecary with lunge on the other side of a wall of pots), which at first I thought might have killed my attempt, but actually ended up helping me tremendously in the long run because I didn’t have to deal with them later when I would already be dealing with a large-ish group of enemies. So I was accidentally a master tactician.

Congrats on beating the best chapter in the game, Sooks! It's only downhill from there.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I used to remember the pots as a hassle that slowed down the battle, but they were incredibly helpfully positioned and made the battle really strategic. Maybe I didn’t like the gimmick because I used to use the dragon vein like an idiot which only left pots to deal with in the bottom half of the map, but even those were helpful because they completely blocked off Saizo and Kagero’s squad.

Yup, the dragon vein is trap. That's why I like this map so much: its strategic value does not depend on whether you activate the vein or how many DV users you have, making it feasible to tackle it in various ways.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Niles is already taken. Well, they’re only at A-support, but I want my shining bow Nina. But maybe he won’t need it, see the level above.

R.I.P. GODiles.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...also, I just realized that Leo's dialogue implies he had been doing it for a while and eventually Leo just accepted it as fact, and apparently Xander just didn't notice the entire time they were standing there. Amazing.

I forgot how ridiculous this moment is. My sides.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay, that’s pretty funny. I also like how Leo and Xander are standing right in front of him and are acting like they can’t see him until the camera pans over to him. They’re talking about him like he’s not there and he’s only several feet in front of them, but even Garon doesn’t say anything.

Xander’s dialogue at the end doesn’t make a lot of sense, though, he acts like helping Corrin would be betraying Nohr and Garon, but then says he and Leo should gather their most trusted soldiers and go where Corrin told them to. So is he planning an attack? Why just the trusted soldiers then? If he’s planning to join Corrin, then by his own logic he’s betraying Nohr and his duty and honor. That is quite the funny scene.

S U B V E R T         E X P E C T A T I O N S.

This scene exists in order to make the player think Xander is going to help Iago in a future map, so when he appears and betrays him the player is supposed to be surprised.

12 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

S U B V E R T         E X P E C T A T I O N S.

This scene exists in order to make the player think Xander is going to help Iago in a future map, so when he appears and betrays him the player is supposed to be surprised.

I don’t need to say this because Fates, but they failed.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_5307.png

Screenshot_5308.png

Screenshot_5309.png

Screenshot_5310.png

Screenshot_5311.png

Screenshot_5312.png

Screenshot_5313.png

I want to see.

On Vashyron's presence here, Resonance of Fate had costumes, but swimsuits...

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Metal Face is legitimately confused, this is hilarious.

I think I have to agree.😆 Less with Machine Whose Wreckage Would In A Touch of Irony, Be Located On The Beach Where The Conversation Is Being Held, and more Mr. Notice Me Super Sentai!. A villain so pathetic that it can't get the heroes to notice them, I like it! And knocking a "s*** & giggles" type villain off kilter is another achievement, since I'd expect them to smoothly roll with almost anything. 

I finished chapter 13. I forgot that the outlaw who goes for the villages exists, so I panicked a little when he spawned, but I did manage (I did use a save state to get him but I didn’t go back to before he spawned). He’s such a great anti-turtling incentive, I eliminated half of Reina’s squad in one turn because of him. I got all the villages and Corrin and Mozu are both really close to level 20, they’re level 18 and 17 respectively, so I’m going to try to see if I can get them to 20 in the next chapter. I think I’m at the part of the game where I start getting new units but no new deployment slots, so I might have to do some team shuffling. Also, I will admit, I did end up using that armor slayer from the last chapter quite a lot. I forgot that this chapter had 8 armor knights, so thanks Fates.

59 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On Vashyron's presence here, Resonance of Fate had costumes, but swimsuits...

It took me a moment to realize that the "swimsuits" were just designs painted onto the clothes.

56 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, still got to visit the hot springs... unless that already happened.

I know one of the maps takes place in Awakening's hot spring DLC but i haven't gotten there yet.

Screenshot_5363.png

Hmmmmmmmmm i wonder why that is.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So the Fates train continues on, i see! Every time I look, two or three more people are now playing Fates. 

@Saint Rubenio ...what have you done?

He has corrected the great error. 

Now all that's left is for me to play Other M and be like "this game is good actually".