Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Death number 2. Oops.

Hide contents

I had the choice to save Emily or jump to safety. I had Matt try to save Emily and when he leaned over, the entire thing tipped and he said “I don’t want to tip it” and got back up. Then I was presented with the same choice again, save Emily or jump to safety, and since the game literally just said that leaning over to save Emily tipped the tower over, I picked jump to safety instead, and the tower collapsed immediately. What? That makes no sense. So… I was dishonorable. I reset. I had Matt try to save Emily the second time and… Emily died and Matt jumped off the tower. Again. It looks like that choice didn’t actually matter. The butterfly effect screen says Emily was aggressive here because I had Matt side with Jessica in the fight at the cabin. Because Matt made it very clearly that Emily needed to calm down and learn to shut up for once in her life in order to get to safety, I’m guessing that was the real choice that mattered and not this one. I’ll just roll with this choice then because I’d rather Emily die with Matt trying to save her then with him jumping to safety and the tower falling for no reason and it seems like it was Emily’s fault she died anyway. Plus I let this scene play about a lot longer since I was curious if Matt would still live, and it looks like he did, so the game probably saved and I probably can’t reset anyway. Deal with it.

Such a shame. Oh well.

Oh boy! I could have had a developed character with actual motivations, or I could get teen drama! Well, I clearly made the right choice.

You can get them an S support and unlock their paralogue. Can't do the same with Josh.

...or can you?

You are the worst person to have comment on someone’s playthrough of a choice based game.

Hahahahahaha.

Probably.

Probable as Mike dying from a nasty infection from cutting off his fingers with a rusty machete--

I’m such an idiot. Why did I do that. Why did I do that. Why did I do that. He could have lived.

This is what I get for being dishonorable. I should have just assumed the choices were different. Why did I do that.

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Good thing he's not playing Until TeeHee.

Where your choice of teehee matters.

I'm still peeved that doing it wrong leads to a bad end without warning where it leads to a TeeHee civil war. Also the ending where I actually got sent to horny jail because of how contradictory it was.

I mean, should I reset? I don’t know. I reset originally, that wasn’t my choice, but I just assumed the game was dumb instead of giving it the benefit of the doubt, or am I just making excuses?

Btw @Saint Rubenio about the flare gun, according to the butterfly effect menu, 

Spoiler

If Matt hadn’t fired it when I had given it to him, he could have used it against the monster thing he encounters (after he tries to save Emily a second time when the tower is falling and he falls deeper into the mine) and he would have lived. Because I had him support the plan to go to the fire tower and get help, however, he chose to fire it earlier, so he died here.

Because I assumed a choice was dumb instead of letting it play out. Why did I have to sift through all the bad choice games before this one. I mean, I got a character killed because of my own arrogance, I’m pretty sure not many people can claim to have done that.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Full bad end: Mods close down the thread after banning almost everybody. GAME OVER

Golden ending: Everyone lives and they manage to appeal to Intelligent Systems themselves who, despite the odds, manage to create a Fire Emblem that all of teeehee can love, and teehee continues in harmony.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I mean, should I reset? I don’t know. I reset originally, that wasn’t my choice, but I just assumed the game was dumb instead of giving it the benefit of the doubt, or am I just making excuses?

I'd say get all the way to the end. Let's see how bittersweet you can make this for a first playthrough.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say get all the way to the end. Let's see how bittersweet you can make this for a first playthrough.

I mean, I guess, but I had the right choice! I had it!

This is what always happens to me in these games. If I look at two options, think about it for a sec and go “yeah it’s definitely this option, no contest, what an easy choice” and that choice ends up getting half the cast killed and locking me out of the best ending, I don’t bat an eye (relatively). But if I’m really torn between them and second guess my choice at the last second and get the wrong one, I beat myself up over it for the whole game. I mean, that last one isn’t exactly what happened here, but it’s the same effect.

Edited by Sooks

I still say you can leave that to a second playthrough, now that you know better. If you reset now, you might do better up to the point you reset... but you still have the rest of the game. Do you want to go through this all over again and reset a second time?

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If you reset now, you might do better up to the point you reset...

I’ll make the same choices. But if you mean quick time events, I haven’t failed any of those yet, so that’s not a worry.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

but you still have the rest of the game. Do you want to go through this all over again and reset a second time?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Until he finds himself hanging from a cliff and the loss of fingers prevents him from getting a solid grip.

I highly doubt he could get a solid grip with two mutilated fingers anyway.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I can’t reset now. Why did I do that. He could have lived. I made the right choice! Guh…

You should've jumped to safety. Emily's a bitch and she was cheating.

1 minute ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I highly doubt he could get a solid grip with two mutilated fingers anyway.

I'm pretty sure that's what he's saying, actually.

Of course, ignoring the bear trap means keeping both fingers and machete... but is it the right decision to do!?

5 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

You should've jumped to safety. Emily's a bitch and she was cheating.

I did! That’s the problem here. If I hadn’t originally I would just keep going, but the fact that I did and then reset is what bothers me. Enough to redo the past sixish hours of the game.

Also, I’m not sure she was cheating… right now, anyway.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Of course, ignoring the bear trap means keeping both fingers and machete... but is it the right decision to do!?

But a guidance totem showed him getting his fingers trapped…

On 8/10/2021 at 10:46 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, as I watch HCBailly's LP of SDatSoL, I got reminded that Gordin with a bowgun is pretty much Bobba Fett. XD

Oh jeez now you've done it.

GTMIhOH.png

I kinda see it?

(Fun fact, I had to edit Gordin's face by hand to remove the bow and touch up his obscured face. Wait, that wasn't fun! I also gave up on using Clarisse's Heroes art because it would take more effort than Gordin's did.)

Edited by Dayni

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The guide to not touch the trap because it will force you to lose something?

Literally all the guidance totem showed was the dismembered hand thing pulling away for like one frame and then him getting his fingers trapped. That’s all you get.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Oh jeez now you've done it.

I kinda see it?

(Fun fact, I had to edit Gordin's face by hand to remove the bow and touch up his obscured face. Wait, that wasn't fun! I also gave up on using Clarisse's Heroes art because it would take more effort than Gordin's did.)

I meant more the battle sprite. Thanks to SDatSoL archers being armored (with hunters being the more traditional looking archers FE would have), and weapons like the bowgun having a different sprite than other bows.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Literally all the guidance totem showed was the dismembered hand thing pulling away for like one frame and then him getting his fingers trapped. That’s all you get.

If you don't mind...

Spoiler

That Totem could might as well be a Danger one for all the bear trap thing does. Nothing comes out of having to choose between Mike losing his fingers or the machete. So best ignore the bear trap, which is what the Totem is actually trying to tell you.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If you don't mind...

Reveal hidden contents

That Totem could might as well be a Danger one for all the bear trap thing does. Nothing comes out of having to choose between Mike losing his fingers of the machete. So best ignore the bear trap, which is what the Totem is actually trying to tell you.

But why would there be a guidance totem for a choice that doesn’t matter? Or any totem for  that matter.

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I meant more the battle sprite. Thanks to SDatSoL archers being armored (with hunters being the more traditional looking archers FE would have), and weapons like the bowgun having a different sprite than other bows.

My whole point was to meme on Gordin as Young Boba as that came to mind for me.

Gordin Fett might as well be memed on though.