Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Speaking of looking at starry skies, looks like the night of 12th into the 13th of this month is the peak of the Perseid meteor showers, maybe I'll head out and try to look for one.

> Perseid Meteor Shower peaks on Friday

> Friday the 13th

Meteors May Have Brought Vitamin B To Earth

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

> Perseid Meteor Shower peaks on Friday

> Friday the 13th

Meteors May Have Brought Vitamin B To Earth

Is it too late to start up the Kin of the Falling Stars? I might be in the mood to try "cult leader" as a profession, the whole "sign a contract surrendering all your possessions to me" is a cool benefit.

Seems like the Perseids might've moved their peak slightly over time, but it's been the 11/12/13th for more than a century. We've nothing to fear unless it's been intended to trick us into a false sense of security

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

56 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

You actually did good, Sooks. The righteous will be vindicated!

I’m actually highly doubtful of that because you have an interesting definition of good, but yeah, go me!

54 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Might as well go all the way Sooks, finish the game with everyone dead.

All characters dead blind let’s gooo.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

..Speaking of looking at starry skies, looks like the night of 12th into the 13th of this month is the peak of the Perseid meteor showers, maybe I'll head out and try to look for one.

Don't know if i can catch them here (Florida always misses out on the cool celestial events) but i'll see.

Where I live it's not hard to drive out of town into the desert just before the mountain range where you can get gorgeous views of the night sky. Although, just yesterday we got a thunderstorm, and most of today was still partially cloudy, so who knows if the skies will be clear by tomorrow or Friday.

Guys, guys.

End of all best final map theme.

That's your hot take of the day, stay tuned for more tomorrow, when I release my "why The Last Promise's story is actually okay" essay.

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

This looks hella cool

Oh yeah, I caught sight of it a while back. It looks great. I have fond memories of Metal Slug from my childhood. My favorite used to be Tarma. Now it's Eri, I think.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

@Saint Rubenio I finished Until Dawn chapter 6 and made some… not good choices. You said you wanted me to keep you updated.

Reveal hidden contents

The first thing that came up on the butterfly effect menu was Ashley taking the scissors.

I later used them to stab the evil guy, which caused him to giver her a black eye, but more importantly, the specific moment of him giving her a black eye was the exact same as in a danger totem… oh no.

But they found Sam, alive! Great! So getting her captured didn’t get get her killed (at least, not yet, if it does).

I also had the choice to have Ashley follow Chris, who was following blood that he thought was Sam’s, or have them split up and have her follow someone she saw in the hallway for a second. The latter was very, very tempting, but this is a, as Ruben put it, half love letter to, half parody of Slasher movies, so there was no way splitting up was the right thing to do. Or at least, so I thought, but then Ashley and Chris both got captured when they found Sam, which might not have happened if Ashley wasn’t there? That didn’t show up as a consequence of that on the butterfly effect menu though, what showed up was Chris and Ashley finding the dummy in Sam’s clothes which seems… completely pointless, honestly. And the potential of Ashley not being captured leads me to the next choice, the big one, the elephant in the room…

*sigh*

Having Chris shoot himself or shoot Ashley. So, that’s a thing. Two bad choices (again). But I had a ray of hope. There is a guidance totem that shows Chris sitting at the same table he was sitting at for that choice with a gun in his hand. He brings it up to his head for half a second and then puts it down on the table with a pained expression. That was what I had to work with. On the very first frame of that clip from the totem, Chris is holding the gun pointing up in a neutral position. When you have him poised to shoot himself, he has the gun to his head, and if you navigate over to the choice for Ashley, he points it at her. However, when you’re first prompted with the choice, before moving it. Chris is pointing the gun up, in the same way as in the totem. Considering my prior choice in a similar situation it’s probably obvious where I’m going with this, but yeah, I did nothing again. I mean, I can’t see any other way Chris would put the gun down on the table like that, since my only options were shoot him, shoot Emily or nothing. If he shot himself, he wouldn’t be able to put the gun down on the table for obvious reasons, and if he shot Emily he would have no reason to hold the gun to his own head for a second, unless he felt that guilty but that doesn’t make a ton of sense since he could have just done that originally and spared Ashley if we would have felt that bad . So I was sure I was right! But no, alas, I can’t have nice things. After I let the timer run out, Ashley just started saying no over and over as the screen faded to black, then the butterfly effect menu updated to say “Chris didn’t shoot Ashley”. Oh no. If I’m being honest, there’s a tiiiny little part of me that hopes Chris is still alive because it feels odd that in a game that’s as gory as this one it didn’t show Chris shooting himself, but that’s probably just me being overly optimistic. Of course when I let the choice time out the game would kill Chris, why do these choices always kill my favorite of the two when I don’t pick anything? I know there had to have been a way out of that because of the totem though… hm. Plus, I have a fortune totem that shows Ashley opening the door to a smaller looking wooden building for Chris while he holds a rifle, and nothing remotely close to that has happened yet, so I’m guessing it could have come after. I can’t help but feel like it has something to do with either Ashley NOT stabbing the evil guy, because his retaliation was in a danger totem, or Ashley and Chris splitting up, because she might not have been there (but that’s kind of unlikely since the killer is watching the entire cabin).

And after all that, I don’t even get a fun quiz from the Analyst. Come on, game! I liked those.

This is completely unrelated but Ashley’s actress is actually really good, I didn’t realize it before because lol

>Ashley

>screen time

but it’s true, that was a pleasant surprise. Too bad I probably killed her character’s lover.

This didn’t show up in the butterfly effect menu, but I had Ashley insist there was a “ghost” instead of dismissing it when Chris said there probably wasn’t one. She then didn’t shut up about it for the rest of the chapter, which feels important somehow, and also like those two things are related.

I guess that makes my death counter 3. Probably, there’s about a 99% chance.

Well, could be worse. I believe you could have a couple more deaths by now, so hey, it's not horrible! It's just kinda bad. Nothing to worry about, carry on!

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

I mean I already spoiled myself that of my two previous deaths, one was unavoidable and maybe not a permanent death and the other isn’t actually dead, but that’s not important, is it?

O O F

Well, we'll see if it is important in due time, won't we?

5 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

https://i.redd.it/bqy9yfa7h5d71.jpg

Hahahahahaha...

Yeah, I cannot deny it. It really is a great excuse not to go outside.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hah! Unfortunately, I don't think so. She was a woman, for one.

7 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

You actually did good, Sooks. The righteous will be vindicated!

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, could be worse. I believe you could have a couple more deaths by now, so hey, it's not horrible! It's just kinda bad.

Hmm…

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Speaking of looking at starry skies, looks like the night of 12th into the 13th of this month is the peak of the Perseid meteor showers, maybe I'll head out and try to look for one.

Sounds like a perfect way to spend a few days to relax!

I still think fast light mage dancer lord who promotes super early to get staves and innate renewal is like, the best lord concept in the history of FE and FE fangames both. Nothing compares.

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But 06 thinks I actually did good here. Hmm…

C'mon, there doesn't need to be an ulterior motive to every one of my reactions...

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Thanks, though.

You're welcome!

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

fNRv5oF.png

One can never escape boat maps

On a scale from "cantor on a boat" to Shura, how enjoyable is this boat map?

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On a scale from "cantor on a boat" to Shura, how enjoyable is this boat map?

average? Like it's not Cantor bad at all, but it also isn't Shura good

Also one lane makes for one hell of a checkpoint...

except check point in this game don't work all that well becaue ATK stats are through the roof while def stats are generally really low. Which is not a bad thing, mind you, but in a boat map with one lane...

jfWitpA.png

example for difference between atk and def. And she's like, my tankiest unit, but also the strongest (only elephant is tankier). Calculations are pretty similiar to FE from what i noticed, with some variations due to skills and stuff

She's the ''Female lord'' of the game

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

average? Like it's not Cantor bad at all, but it also isn't Shura good

Right... Well, to be fair, being as good as Shura isn't easy. Good effort on the game's part. I'm afraid I missed the name of it.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

She's the ''Female lord'' of the game

I like how her class is straight up "goddess." Vain much?

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm afraid I missed the name of it

Tears to Tiara 2.

I can't recommend it to you due to it being Half VN, and you aren''t into that stuff at all, so...

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

well, lore wise she is, so...

Edited by Shrimperor

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Really wanted to call herself Lord of Lords, but it was too long.