• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

In not quite certain I understand what your getting at here. Perhaps im slow right now, but I dont get it.

Garon has two scenes in Revelation. In the first one, Xander and Leo are discussing Garon's change and reconsidering their allegiances. Xander claims that his father is just sick and that he is sure he will recover after the war Is won. Leo then says he isn't sure Xander will think that anymore after he sees "this."

"This", as revealed by a camera cut, is Garon randomly T-posing on top of his throne for no reason at all and ranting about how he wants to destroy both Nohr and Hoshido. This scene serves no purpose other than to make the royal brats defect. It is also Garon's sole meaningful contribution to the plot of that route.

I love it. It's fucking brilliant.

3 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

https://i.redd.it/n60cqcvz4mo11.jpg

Oh my fucking God what.

No fucking way.

There's no way someone out there is insane enough to have come up with such a...

Oh, I just noticed the crown. Yeah, of course...

Jesus, Ohsix. Where do you even find these...?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah the GG didnt add alot, but I liked the sequence with him and Spidey where Gwen dies. The whole bit with the clock was awesome, not to mention the reference to the comic episode where she does die.

Yeah but the thing with that tho is that it doesn't have the same impact (heh) as the comic. Mainly because it's hard to get remotely invested in Amazing Spdier-Man 2 in the first place.

And the funny part is that Gwen's death in the movie could've been avoided entirely if Peter wasn't a dickhead and gave Harry his blood for a potential cure to the "Osborne Curse". Green Goblin literally had no reason to be in this movie but Sony wanted to set-up the Sinister Six and a bunch of other characters.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Probably has a whole folder of them.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but the thing with that tho is that it doesn't have the same impact (heh) as the comic. Mainly because it's hard to get remotely invested in Amazing Spdier-Man 2 in the first place.

And the funny part is that Gwen's death in the movie could've been avoided entirely if Peter wasn't a dickhead and gave Harry his blood for a potential cure to the "Osborne Curse". Green Goblin literally had no reason to be in this movie but Sony wanted to set-up the Sinister Six and a bunch of other characters.

Well thats true, but I was really mentioning one of the parts that stood out to me.

They for sure had a messy plotline, I agree. Electro wasnt the most interesting villain either. 

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

06, I’ve got to know, how does it feel to have the worse Spider-Man takes on the internet, factoring in your opinions on the Raimi films as well?

I'd rather stay true to myself than selling myself out, thank you.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Probably has a whole folder of them.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh my fucking God what.

No fucking way.

There's no way someone out there is insane enough to have come up with such a...

Oh, I just noticed the crown. Yeah, of course...

I just googled "Garon fanart".

13 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

ASM good

Also, Spiderverse is good, but not the best

I mean, dayum there's not liking the handling of Spiderman in the MCU and then you're here going full Rhino against the stream. I'll tip my invisible hat (as I don't wear one most of the time)

But I will ultimately stay in my lane with Into the Spiderverse.

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Electro wasnt the most interesting villain either. 

An issue with the Amazing movies as a whole.

On the subject of Spider-Man movie villains, this is how i'd rank them

my-image_2.png?width=616&height=432

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I mean, dayum there's not liking the handling of Spiderman in the MCU and then you're here going full Rhino against the stream. I'll tip my invisible hat (as I don't wear one most of the time)

I'd say that not liking MCU Spider-Man while also saying the ASM movies are good is contrarian but then what would that say about me, who loves Metroid Other M and thinks Metroid Prime 1 and 2 is just alright at best?

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not if you're playing CK2.

ooAHhEs.png

Minor oddities aside, that's actually looks fairly historical for the empire of the Romaios. They better expand their toehold on Egypt real soon . And why is Cilicia still unconquered? Better abolish that patch of green in southern Italy too.

I'm been told Paradox 4Xs are extraordinarily obtuse, and that the AI is no real threat, making it more of sandbox experience. But honestly, I don't think I mind being left to a world of my own creation. I think I'll jump ahead a few centuries for my first try at the company's works however, Stellaris methinks, I've that sci-fi inkling. -When Asus finally has more than two of its laptops in stock on its online store.

55 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Here I am asking myself how relevant they were in the european conflicts of the 1800s

I don't know much at that point in time. Mercenaries seem to have reached their death knell as a significant military force with the French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars, for the French proved that an army drafted from the native masses could fight to very great success.

Prussia and Sweden under the House of Vasa did have powerful drafted forces accompanied by mercenaries. But the book which spoke of Gustavus Adolphus's Sweden said that 1600s Sweden and late 1600s-pre-1789 Prussia had to make the best of conscription, because they were backwater who couldn't afford more mercenaries. And according to a different author, Frederick the Great of Prussia was very lucky to die when he did, 1786, because two decades after his death, the overall military system which had won him a place in European history, was proven to be antiquated and smashed to bits.

55 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It'd be interesting seeing the rise of mercenaries in terms of the composition of armed forces, but I am not going to pretend I'm familiar myself.

I'd like to find a good general text on the topic, if such a thing exists.

From what I've been told in general in bits and pieces from different sources...

Mercenaries start springing up in Medieval Europe when the inadequacies of the feudalism become apparent. Feudal levies bring many troops, but their quality is poor, and their usability is limited by the need to let them return to their farms before harvest time. Paying people in so much land they can become absentee landlords and dedicate themselves to the arts of war -aristocrats- begins to reach its systemic limits. Force and payment in land grants can't get you the army you want, so payment in money becomes the solution- mercenaries. 

Medieval-Renaissance Italy, comprised of disunited city-states with little land and not too many people, is very wealthy, and uses that money for the condotterri, mercenaries. The Swiss also develop good mercenaries early on. The Swiss are armed with pikes, because these pointy sticks, although a commoner's weapon, are good for shish kebabing knights and their horses charging at them. Heavy cavalry had become the dominant force in earlier in the Middle Ages and the pike was an effective countermeasure. Germans later copied the Swiss with the landsknechts, and the Holy Roman Empire became a fine recruiting ground of mercenaries for any army.

Matthis Corvinus King of Hungary living in the later 1400s made one of the first professional armies- the Black Army, consisting of mercenaries, and armed with a high percentage of gunpowder weapons. -But then the charismatic leader died, his heavy taxes to pay for the Black Army were repealed, and the Magyars kissed the barrels of the Janissaries at Mohacs.

The Early Modern state couldn't afford to train a massive professional army, so self-trained professionals would have to suffice. Mercenaries were expensive and could always expect payment to be in arrears, but reliance on conscripts and aristocrats in the Early Modern seems to have been something nobody entertained.

It seems the Thirty Years' War marked the gradual beginning of the mercenary's decline, presumably the growth of the state's capacities allowed increasingly more military burdens to be taken up. But again, the mercenary dies its definitive end against France.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

An issue with the Amazing movies as a whole.

On the subject of Spider-Man movie villains, this is how i'd rank them

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

You have Spiderman-2 only at A, im dissapointed, Armagon!

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You have Spiderman-2 only at A, im dissapointed, Armagon!

This is just the villains specifically. Spider-Man 2 is like top 3. Or 4. Sometimes I put Far from Home over it.

It depends on how I feel.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Spider-Verse is like the one Spider-Man movie where I'd legitimately like to sit down with someone who doesn't like it and talk about why.

Hello.

OK, to be fair, it's the only Spider-Man film I've watched, but I found that it was...Well, fine, but not as groundbreaking or amazing as what is was hyped up to be.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hello.

OK, to be fair, it's the only Spider-Man film I've watched, but I found that it was...Well, fine, but not as groundbreaking or amazing as what is was hyped up to be.

You found it fine, which is different than finding it bad.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You found it fine, which is different than finding it bad.

Yeah, disappointment=/= thinking it's bad, but I genuinely don't get the hype around it, I guess.

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Minor oddities aside, that's actually looks fairly historical for the empire of the Romaios. They better expand their toehold on Egypt real soon . And why is Cilicia still unconquered? Better abolish that patch of green in southern Italy too.

I'm been told Paradox 4Xs are extraordinarily obtuse, and that the AI is no real threat, making it more of sandbox experience. But honestly, I don't think I mind being left to a world of my own creation. I think I'll jump ahead a few centuries for my first try at the company's works however, Stellaris methinks, I've that sci-fi inkling. -When Asus finally has more than two of its laptops in stock on its online store.

France holding the entire of Scandinavia sans Iceland is a minor oddity?

Not expand, more like that's what they still hold after being pushed out. They also reached the Baltic Sea, but I ensured that didn't last. Cicilia also broke off, they weren't reconquered in time before the game ended. (Jan. 1, 1453 is the end date of CK2)

Also... I wouldn't worry too much about the green.

Fboc10w.png

Not worry at all...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

46 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I don't even find them "bad". It's just that they're overall... useless. They don't serve to further the MCU nor the Spider-Man mythos. Homecoming is just shitty teenager movie with a guise of Spider-Man movie.

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/007/839/f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg

Personally I think the original Spider-Man movie is the best, because I watched it for my birthday last year and it gave us this: 

My interest in the MCU is nonexistent at this point, but I'll see Home Alone Far From Home because nostalgia and I promised my sister I would. Even if Tobey only has five minutes of screentime, I'm sure they'll fit in at least one joke about his symbiote-fueled antics in SM3 like Into the Spider-Verse did.

If I have to make one complaint about Spider-Verse, they turned Peni from an Evangelion homage to a generic anime reference. Though I suppose having a scene of her doing absolutely nothing for a whole minute would have been excessive...

Edited by Lightchao42

@Saint Rubenio you said things would become more complicated if I tried to install more than one mod. So if I wanted to install a mod to let me save in the prep screen for all three endgames + Revelation chapter 17 while keeping the shaders mod, would I need to do anything special?

Edited by Sooks

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

@Saint Rubenio you said things would become more complicated if I tried to install more than one mod. So if I wanted to install a mod to let me save in the prep screen for all three endgames + Revelation chapter 17 while keeping the shaders mod, would I need to do anything special?

really depends on mod. If files will need to be replaced/overwritten, then you need to go the complicated way

Edited by Shrimperor

21 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

don't even find them "bad". It's just that they're overall... useless. They don't serve to further the MCU nor the Spider-Man mythos.

Meanwhile I have the opposite perspective. I'm totally fine with the MCU Spider-Man movies being "useless" in the grand scheme of things because not everything has to connect to the bigger saga. It's like how in Clone Wars, some of the best episodes are the ones that don't have anything to do with, well, the Clone Wars.

The MCU Spider-Man movies give us a glimpse of the everyday life in that universe which is something that's lacking in all the other movies. Aside from like, Ant-Man, I guess. But the Ant-Man movies are kinda lame.

And now that we're in a post-Endgame world, I really don't care what Phase 4 has to offer so MCU Spider-Man being "useless" is perfectly fine because the only movies from this Phase that I plan on seeing at all are No Way Home, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 and Thor: Love and Thunder. Anything else is gonna have to prove to me that it's worth watching and so far.....nothing. 

And as for furthering the Spider-Man mythos, that's too broad a thing for a franchise with half a century's worth of history.

23 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

If I have to make one complaint about Spider-Verse, they turned Peni from an Evangelion homage to a generic anime reference

Tbf, her, Spider-Noir and Spider-Ham felt more like cameos.

But there is that all female Spider-Verse spin-off planned. Maybe Peni would have a bigger presence there.

And speaking of spin-offs, a potential Spider-Noir movie would be sick.

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

really depends on mod. If files will need to be replaced/overwritten, then you need to go the complicated way

So… how will I know if files need to be replaced/overwritten?

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Copy paste and see if files will be overwritten or not

Do it in a test folder first if you don't wanna mess stuff up

Ehhh it would be cool to have a save at endgame just to have it, but I could just save state.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is just the villains specifically. Spider-Man 2 is like top 3. Or 4. Sometimes I put Far from Home over it.

It depends on how I feel.

Oh, right. Reading comprehension/10.

Edit: that was directed at myself, btw.

Edited by lightcosmo

Ah, done another mini session of Fallout 3. Did went to Agatha's House to start her quest, and also went to the Wheaton Armory and Regulator HQ. Next time I'll head over to Vault-Tec Headquarters at Vernon Square.