Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

19 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Tobey is not that skilled actor.

Ehhh, he plays a fine average Joe. His screams are priceless though.

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I am not a fan of it, but i understand the intent:

No juggernaut/EP tanking. You gotta finish em off in pp.

But... These enemies are all so far away lol. I can't position myself properly to kill them in peepee, and if I try to lure them closer I die. Nobody lives. Even Benny just crumbles under the weight of all the stat reductions. It's so goddamned annoying...

Bragging rights

They're really starting to not feel worth the trouble.

Well, and only Ryoma is really that bad. Iago is fine, if a bit long, and Slime Garon is ez.

Well... I'll give it another shot tomorrow, and if it doesn't work out, I'll just roll with the save where I killed Ryoma. No 10k sucks, but... Eh, what can you do.

Finale is hell tho, but you really should experience it for yourself tbh

I've heard the horror stories.

Which is kind of a shame, to be honest. The hard version of the finale is excellent. Damn near perfect, it's really difficult but quite fair and you can get through without deaths or rescue skipping. I'm afraid to see how badly they might've ruined it in this difficulty...

• Replies 177.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

These enemies are all so far away lol. I can't position myself properly to kill them in peepee, and if I try to lure them closer I die

Freeze, Entrap and Shelter-Dance Combo are your friends on that map

it's really difficult but quite fair and you can get through without deaths or rescue skipping.

I mean, i was able to do it.

Is a bit much yeah, but doable xD

And Without dance-Shelter combo, Shuriken Breaker Bow Knight, Rescue (without rescue skipping you still need it) and Silence it's probably impossible

No 10k sucks

yeah...

you really need every cent in Conquest. It's why i don't skip Ryoma no matter how attractive it seems

Edited by Shrimperor

4 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

I hope you like crippling #TeamPlayer Swampert with just HM moves! 

Oh don't remind my of my monograss playthrough of Emerald, where I ended up splitting Surf and Dive/Waterfall between the two Ludicolos I had. Losing one would have been very concerning.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Oh don't remind my of my monograss playthrough of Emerald, where I ended up splitting Surf and Dive/Waterfall between the two Ludicolos I had. Losing one would have been very concerning.

Two Ludicolos?

Are you Miror B.?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Two Ludicolors?

Are you Mirror B?

No, as someone who's never played Colloseum.

Also Water/Grass is solid defensive typing.

Holy shit, the emulator lagged for a solid 6 seconds when entering the first giant battle. For a moment I thought my run ended here... Thankfully, it was just loading. In a positively terrifying way, but it was just loading. Phew.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Boi

Watched it.

Whut.

Just, 1/10 chance of instant fail with 0% control on it.

Man, Maddening really missed their shot there /s

32 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ayy Conquest ending

@DragonFlames post the pic! Ya know, the one!

Just finished, actually. Loved it. The tension, the emotion, knowing what had to come, no matter the cost. Amazing work. Is the perfect ending as deep as this one?

Idk how common it is in VNs but it's very based that 13 Sentinels not only tells you how to view the alternative paths but let's you jump to the branches themselves so you don't have to replay everything.

I do know the game has just one ending (I asked a friend because I like knowing if a game has multiple endings ahead of time) so I'm very curious to see how everything ties together.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

94a25e676d9aee380593bfcb11b918fe.jpg

nah

Just being the reader and imaging Nepgear not only having to end her sisters life, but all of her dearest friends? That's a big tug on the heart honestly.

Ah. That's too bad. I suppose that it would be hard to compete with.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Idk how common it is in VNs but it's very based that 13 Sentinels not only tells you how to view the alternative paths but let's you jump to the branches themselves so you don't have to replay everything.

I do know the game has just one ending (I asked a friend because I like knowing if a game has multiple endings ahead of time) so I'm very curious to see how everything ties together.

So it's one of those endings like Genealogy style endings where it's the one ending but then tons of conditionals and varying mini scenes?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I think the Nonary Games version of 999 and Virtue's Last Reward does this.

On the one hand PC probably would be easier to get. On the other hand, playing it on the DS seems like the right way.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So it's one of those endings like Genealogy style endings where it's the one ending but then tons of conditionals and varying mini scenes?

I literally have no clue.

Just now, Armagon said:

I literally have no clue.

Branching paths with the one ending makes me think of SRW, where the branching paths is just, "events are happening at the same time, so pick the ones you want to witness in person instead of being told about, with maybe a secret or two that only happens if the player goes down the path". Though SRW has done multiple endings before, though also and lately it's more "standard ending and then the true final ending" approach.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Man what Mina says to Nepgear is cold... 

"Do you have no remorse for killing children?" What a crummy thing to say to someone who already feels awful enough!

tbf, Mina is correct. Geargear just killed her charges to ''save the world''

I will say tho, 13 Sentinels' battle presentation is actually very disappointing. The little gifs of each attack on the select screen are neat but I wish the player and enemy units weren't represented by fucking Galaga sprites that all look the same.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Branching paths with the one ending makes me think of SRW, where the branching paths is just, "events are happening at the same time, so pick the ones you want to witness in person instead of being told about, with maybe a secret or two that only happens if the player goes down the path".

That seems to be the case here as well so it's probably something like that.

I will find out tho.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah...

you really need every cent in Conquest. It's why i don't skip Ryoma no matter how attractive it seems

I'm thinking I might have to skip Ryoma though. Just to be able to beat the game. Not gonna lie, Ryoma looks like the kind of map that I'd spend a week on, and by the end, even if I were to beat it, I'd be so utterly sick of the game that I'd just drop it right there. Happened with Nuibaba in Echoes, I don't want it to happen here.

Good thing the game gave me an out, huh? I might redo it, though. I want to get Senno and Haitaka levels so they get their level 15 skills. But beyond that... Yeah, I haven't much reason to stick around.

43 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

l love that theme tbh

Ahh, yes. The theme of character development.

...Yes, I'm aware the name Mario is on the title.

Great theme, I agree. Not as amazing as Never Let Up, but excellent nonetheless. Honestly, this game just generally had a kickass soundtrack. Best in the series, I feel. Yeah, BiS had In The Final, but... honestly, what did it have beyond that? Not Never Let Up, that much I can assure you. That game's regular boss theme sucked. And honestly I think Adventure's End beats In The Final, but I know I have weird tastes.

Anyway, this game is awesome. People complain too much, the tutorials aren't as annoying as they say. Heck, if anything I got a kick out of how annoyed some of characters got when I refused to listen to the tutorial. Starlow is more of an issue than the tutorials, that dickhead really needs to stop being mean to Luigi before I sentence her to being in my army.

47 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

94a25e676d9aee380593bfcb11b918fe.jpg

What's with these colorful loli animes being hilariously over-the-top gory for no reason at all?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I want to get Senno and Haitaka levels so they get their level 15 skills

Do some kids paralogue for kids you don't want for that

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

People complain too much

afaik people complain more about the paper crossover.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What's with these colorful loli animes being hilariously over-the-top gory for no reason at all?

well, there's a reason xD