Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What's with these colorful loli animes being hilariously over-the-top gory for no reason at all?

As Shrimpy said, its actually has a good reason. 

You could always... Give it a chance? Xd

• Replies 177.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Do some kids paralogue for kids you don't want for that

Ah yes, good idea. I will spend chapters 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 and 30 grinding up Silas's or Keaton's supports with Elise and then I can unlock a paralogue and give Haitaka and Senno their level 15 skills. Brilliant.

...Honestly though, I have no paralogues. But that's okay. Each of them only needs one kill. Senno might not get it, but Haitaka one-rounds the masters of arms with his brave lance. Easy. I was gonna do it last time, but then Elfuigi procced Dragon Fang at the worst possible time.

afaik people complain more about the paper crossover.

Oh yeah, that one's widely considered the worst. I wonder if its poor reception is what led AlphaDream to resort to releasing remakes to make a profit.

It... evidently did not work, so now we're stuck with the inferior Mario RPG franchise. Why couldn't that company go bankrupt instead?

Oh wait IntSys makes Paper Mario don't they

well, there's a reason xD

Yeah, I don't doubt it, but c'mon, you gotta admit, if you don't know the context it looks kinda funny.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

As Shrimpy said, its actually has a good reason. 

You could always... Give it a chance? Xd

I apologize if I sounded overly negative there. I wasn't being serious. I do not doubt it's probably good in context. It just looks goofy at first glance, is all.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Tfw you want to play FE but don't want to play FE

Basically i want something new.

Hey, I've heard of this nice series of strategy games, it's called B. Saga but it doesn't have anything to do with wicked berries.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Lmao xD

Ruben will refund the game after the first CG haha

Do I dare ask for a screenshot?

...I don't dare, do I?

Well fuck it, I dare. Give me your best shot. Y'know, of the thing.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will spend chapters 25, 26, 27, 28, 29

ermm

you can grind supports in DLC. Just pick up any easy dlc with no rewards and grind supports there. Should take you like 15-20 Minutes until S-support

On legit devices grinding Supports in My castle battles was a legit thing, and there were my caste codes around just for that. We can't do that however.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh wait IntSys makes Paper Mario don't they

that isn't an RPG anymore, or in this weird ''RPG but not state''

Origami King was ultimately fun, but Toads and no RPG mechanics were a definitve negative point

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do I dare ask for a screenshot?

...I don't dare, do I?

Well fuck it, I dare. Give me your best shot. Y'know, of the thing.

Spoiler

CJe4yGZ.png

38 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Man what Mina says to Nepgear is cold... 

"Do you have no remorse for killing children?" What a crummy thing to say to someone who already feels awful enough!

You know, I thought these Neptune games were lighthearted by the very little I know about them, but I become increasingly confused by each post here.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I will say tho, 13 Sentinels' battle presentation is actually very disappointing. The little gifs of each attack on the select screen are neat but I wish the player and enemy units weren't represented by fucking Galaga sprites that all look the same.

There are battles? I thought it was a visual novel?

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ermm

you can grind supports in DLC. Just pick up any easy dlc with no rewards and grind supports there. Should take you like 15-20 Minutes until S-support

No.

I dun wanna.

that isn't an RPG anymore, or in this weird ''RPG but not state''

Origami King was ultimately fun, but Toads and no RPG mechanics were a definitve negative point

Damnable IntSys, ruins everything they touch. They should've given Paper Mario to Kaga!

Reveal hidden contents

CJe4yGZ.png

Ahhhh.

Good.

Great. Very anime, yeah.

There's also a reason for this, I'm assuming?

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The reaction would be worth it alone, though!

If you want to know, I made basically this face

BrbmtfUCYAATCJM.jpg

and then transitioned into a sort of half-facepalm half-forehead scratch. Then I sat there for a couple seconds contemplating life before chuckling weakly and moving on.

It's the reaction I tend to have to obnoxious sexual fanservice these days. I've come to expect it, but it disappoints me every time it happens.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You know, I thought these Neptune games were lighthearted by the very little I know about them, but I become increasingly confused by each post here.

Not to worry, you're not alone.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

FE-style ones, to be more exact.

Which aren't that common.

Just in the mood for it for some reason

Well... Check out B. Saga and see if it qualifies!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Damnable IntSys, ruins everything they touch

Fates tho?

If you want to know, I made basically this face

BrbmtfUCYAATCJM.jpg

and then transitioned into a sort of half-facepalm half-forehead scratch. Then I sat there for a couple seconds contemplating life before chuckling weakly and moving on.

It's the reaction I tend to have to obnoxious sexual fanservice these days. I've come to expect it, but it disappoints me every time it happens.

Lmao

Well... Check out B. Saga and see if it qualifies!

No Sale.

That and i might get ToArise soon. Which will be a bit costly.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I thought these Neptune games were lighthearted by the very little I know about them, but I become increasingly confused by each post here

Neps are wild

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Idk how common it is in VNs but it's very based that 13 Sentinels not only tells you how to view the alternative paths but let's you jump to the branches themselves so you don't have to replay everything.

I think this is becoming standard in modern story-branching VNs from reviews I've seen. That, and being able to rapidly scroll through text so just in case you have to see any that you've already seen before.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That seems to be the case here as well so it's probably something like that.

Speaking of story events happening simultaneously and Vanillaware, I think you could trust the company not to muck that up.

Odin Sphere is five stories happening at roughly the same time. The ingame cutscene viewer not only lists every event that happens in five separate columns, one for each protagonist, it staggers the cutscene icons vertically to define them chronologically (but no listing of calendrical dates or anything). If you see a gap in one character's story column, yet stuff filling that gap in another character's column, then the character with the gap wasn't doing anything important enough to been shown ingame during that time that the other protagonist was doing seen stuff.

Perhaps I didn't think it through enough, but looking at how the events were staggered, I didn't think there was anything contradictory. Everything happened in a logical order, no "wait, weren't they supposed to be on the other side of the world, confronting that other person at this very same time?" moments.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well... They are very... Imaginative. They always find ways to make the player laugh and smile, for sure. Albeit, for some in can see their jokes being taken "too far" 

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Missed this, but there is more to the game than just that, although that is alot of it, lmao. 

Hey, speaking of VNs, I've been eyeing the Great Ace Attorney for a few days. Anyone here who's played it, can you tell me (without spoilers) how it holds up to the rest of the series? For reference, I've played the OG trilogy, the two investigations games and Apollo Justice, and I find Investigations 2 to be the best of the bunch. I've heard great things about Great Ace Attorney, but I'd like a first-hand opinion, if you don't mind.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Fates tho?

Damnit, foiled again! Stupid Fates, why won't it let me hate IntSys in peace like the rest of the cool people?

No Sale.

Cock.

That and i might get ToArise soon. Which will be a bit costly.

What is ToArise?

...Ahhh, I see, more anime.

Neps are wild

Yes, I can... I can see that.

By the way, I'm assuming you didn't notice my edit, so... What exactly is the reason for... whatever the hell was happening in that CG you sent me? Please, I am curious. Let's see how good this story is. What riveting plot threads led to such a turn of events? Do enlighten me.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ngl, I'd be interested to see that happen.

Paper Saga. Where Mario has even less personality, QoL is gone, Luigi suffers a tragic death and you still spend half the game dealing with Toad's shit. But it's still good because gameplay-story integration.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Missed this, but there is more to the game than just that, although that is alot of it, lmao. 

I mean, I am not incapable of looking past the fanservice if a story is good enough to warrant it, but... It's definitely going to annoy me lol.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Paper Saga. Where Mario has even less personality, QoL is gone, Luigi suffers a tragic death and you still spend half the game dealing with Toad's shit. But it's still good because gameplay-story integration.

On the plus side, no longer held down by the "No original characters" policy thing... or something like that.

Kensuke Tanabe: Since Paper Mario: Sticker Star, it’s no longer possible to modify Mario characters or to create original characters that touch on the Mario universe. That means that if we aren’t using Mario characters for bosses, we need to create original characters with designs that don’t involve the Mario universe at all, like we’ve done with Olly and the stationery bosses.

Whether a character becomes an all-time hit or not isn’t up to us on the development side; I think it’s more the case that characters that fans truly accept naturally end up that way. I hope that the origami siblings in Paper Mario: The Origami King will stay in players’ memories, even if they do only end up appearing in this title.

Sticking it in a spoiler in case I get called out for it.

Spoiler

Oh you forgot the endgame, I don't blame you after Luigi's tragic end.

Toad was giving orders to the bitter end, when it turned out Kamek had been there all along, then betrayed him and imprisoned Peach and you as Waluigi with Daisy have to stop him while Bowser and Mario fight the larger battle elsewhere. Yoshi of course slayed the church of Pirahna Pete's pope.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On the plus side, no longer held down by the "No original characters" policy thing... or something like that.

One can only hope that sticks (Dammit Miyamoto)

@Armagon I know this is only one review, but maybe you'd be interested?

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/doctor_who_the_lonely_assassins

It's short, and the Steam/mobile versions are about half the price of the Switch version. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

a Medic healing in an anime way 😛

Ahhh, that's, that's healing, huh. Mm.

...fucking anime, I swear...

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Main character got ganged upon by other 3 and she fell from the Heavens

This though, this sounds even more anime. Are we sure this Nep Nep thing isn't actually Hen Hen? As in, Tai?

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If Kaga were behind Paper Mario he'd branch out and make his own company if Ninty tried to push such a policy on him.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh yeah, I heard about that. I don't think I quoted it properly, phone Serenes do be like that. Anyway, I wonder why they did this to Paper Mario in particular. M&L seemed to remain undisturbed... Though M&L's creator company died, so joke's on them I suppose.

It's just... Such a shame, what has happened to Mario RPGs in general. They were so good, and now, such a sorry state they are in.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Sticking it in a spoiler in case I get called out for it.

Hide contents

Oh you forgot the endgame, I don't blame you after Luigi's tragic end.

Toad was giving orders to the bitter end, when it turned out Kamek had been there all along, then betrayed him and imprisoned Peach and you as Waluigi with Daisy have to stop him while Bowser and Mario fight the larger battle elsewhere. Yoshi of course slayed the church of Pirahna Pete's pope.

I'd just like to say that Toad as Volcens is fucking perfect. I want to hear all of his dialogue in Toad's voice now.

Also Waluigi as Reese. Goodness, you did the poor guy so wrong... Ahahaha!

Who's Ward tho? Wario? Somehow I see it, it's a weird fit but a fit nonetheless...

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

One can only hope that sticks (Dammit Miyamoto)

Made some mistakes there, Miyamotobike San. You created Mario, but that doesn't mean you're above criticism! Now make Luigi relevant in Paper Mario. Like in Super. That's all I ask.

If Kaga were behind Paper Mario he'd branch out and make his own company if Ninty tried to push such a policy on him.

To think Kaga left IS just before or when Paper Mario 64 was in development. Can you imagine if he had stuck around a little longer and actually got involved with the first one at least?

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This though, this sounds even more anime. Are we sure this Nep Nep thing isn't actually Hen Hen? As in, Tai?

You should really look up some of the events sometime. Xd