Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Hey, this is the Karagol Sea theme!

I mean, same Composer, yes, but Golden Sun and Tales of Destiny 2 are barely one year apart. That early Sakuraba was already reusing the notes?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay, so I don't know how this is... Scientifically possible, but after a night of lying feverishly staring at the darkness and groaning in pain, I feel a bit better now. I mean, I still feel I'm gonna topple over if I walk faster than geriatric speed, but at least I can walk lol. It's not even the worst fever I've ever had.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Royal blood is simply a construct.

Fire Emblem Fates 2: Haitaka rewrites history so his bloodline has always been the royal family.

It's actually good in this game 👍

If Kaga said not to jump off a bridge, would you do it?

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Then he wouldn't be called Yukimura. No one there would let someone with that name be such a character, I'd bet. lol

Hahaha... Oh, you fools, royal little princelings... It was I all along, pulling the strings! I was the one leading Hoshido astray!

"Oh my, finally, a Hoshidan villain! Maybe this story isn't so bad after all--"

The royal spymaster of Nohr, Alberto! I imprisoned the real Yukimura when he tried to heroically stop me from ruining his country! Mwahahahaha! King Garon good!

"......"

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

@Saint Rubenio

Congraaaaaaaats!

Big McThankies from McSpankies!

And i've seen the video!

So now you know. I have no more arguments I could possibly make. The decision is yours now.

Use Niles.

should've let him have some levels as a Sniper and get Bowfaire

Although he has certain blow so you did have him as Sniper a bit, should've given him more levels there

Could've reclassed to sniper when he got to 15 but... Eh.

I think you should've went Bow Knight

9 Mov 9 mov

Needed healer.

ermm

25 is speed isn't really slow xD

Sure not doubling any time soon, but will only get doubled by the likes of Sword Masters, Falcon Knights and paired up Spear Masters

True, hence why I said "kinda" and not "hopelessly" slow.

Family time xD

Can't be on pc 24/7

Damn you, Shrimpy! I demand instantaneous validation!

take care!

I'm doing what I can.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Hey, you already have a comment.

Yeah, clearly I am but one step away from 1 million subscribers.

I don’t have much to add, it was a cool team. I’ll use Haitaka one day.

And do consider the rest! They weren't Haitaka but they were plenty epic as well.

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

https://c.tenor.com/Ikd4DkiwRCEAAAAC/cyanide-and-happiness-clapping.gif

Bwahahaha... I caught it before the edit. Would've questioned it if I didn't want to jump onto my bed and sleep.

...which I ended up not being able to do, but I digress.

Anyway, yeah, my team very much is worthy of royal clappers.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

finished chapter 26. All that’s left is Endgame, but 26 took me way, way longer than expected, so I’ll do Endgame tomorrow, unless I can’t sleep. But I know I should do homework.

Homework is temporary. FE is eternal.

...ok but no, please do your homework lol.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

The Endgame save mod didn’t work, it looks like. Oh well, that’s what save states are for. I am going to try to complete the chapter without save states though, because it’s the only Conquest chapter I haven’t beaten without save states on hard (unless you count paralogues and dlc).

Weird, worked well for me. You must not have installed it correctly.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Checks* Actually, it looks like he is viable. And supposedly he flashed "Jumbo" in a rare few instances; if he wanted his way in politics, he'd invade your personal space and lean right over you. -But I can't be too harsh on the guy who expanded voting rights for a little while, and who tried to expand on social welfare, if only Vietnam hadn't gotten in the way.

Then again I can't pretend his escalation of the Vietnam war was all that beneficial. Partly because of the impact the war would have on combatants and the people of Vietman, partly because this period would lead to the US going full covert on it's proxy conflicts (an action that tended to deliver better dividends for the end goal of pushing against communism much as the people who would suffer under the regimes they supported were treated as acceptable deaths too)

Aaaaaand shortly after I get off the computer and start sitting outside in silence on this nice late summer day taking the husks off corn, the fear of mortality surges again. I feel my appetite decline, and my body grows heated.😔

Not really. I still refuse to list my gender and birthday here. I never said specifically which US state I live in either. Which is odd given the other things I've said which are more individual-specific. Like welding with a darkened face shield and gloves on, but not having anything covering your groin.

Although, provided you're not an activist/dissent in one of many countries, or belong to a discriminated-against/vulnerable group, or perhaps very wealthy, famous, or politically connected, who would really want to look you up?

Yeah, it's always a risk when head empty that your mind gets to thinking like that.

I can't remove my gender from my profile, it won't let me. As for the welding metaphor, at times it can feel like I'm just using the torch at full blast with nothing protecting me.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not to mention, anyone wanting your information can just look at stuff publicly stored. Your local government already knows enough details about your life. Same for your internet provider.

See, that's the kind of reason the paranoia is just that, with no reasoning behind it.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bwahahaha... I caught it before the edit. Would've questioned it if I didn't want to jump onto my bed and sleep.

I still don't understand the overwrite, but I couldn't then put the spoiler in the post because it was too big.

7 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Well in the case of any game past Sky, they do the math for you so its easier to understand. 

yeah, but it works the same way!

There's a mod out there that shows the numbers in Sky. Dunno where to get it however

9 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Honestly, I don't believe you, it can't be that bad.

Imagine something worse than Fates story but with shit pacing in the span of 5 games.

And shit gameplay, too, unlike Fates

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, so I don't know how this is... Scientifically possible, but after a night of lying feverishly staring at the darkness and groaning in pain, I feel a bit better now. I mean, I still feel I'm gonna topple over if I walk faster than geriatric speed, but at least I can walk lol. It's not even the worst fever I've ever had.

Here's some anime to make you feel better

4gIaloV.png

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Imagine something worse than Fates story but with shit pacing in the span of 5 games.

X.

Okay, so I'm feeling a lot better now.

However, I now have a moral dilemma. I kinda want to put Charlotte in my sig instead of Senno, but on the other hand I checked and turns out capping strength and speed at max level is actually average Charlotte. However, she did more in the lunatic run than Senno did in the hard run, those 60% crits of hers were super valuable. On the other other hand, however however, while Charlotte is super underappreciated, Senno just has no appreciation at all, so...

Ahhh, I can't decide. I'll do it later.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I still don't understand the overwrite, but I couldn't then put the spoiler in the post because it was too big.

Serenes being wonky, it's nothing new.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Heeey that sounds like it could be really fun--

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And shit gameplay, too, unlike Fates

Okay, maybe not.

7 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Here's some anime to make you feel better

4gIaloV.png

How can you do this, 06. I am in enough pain as it is.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

However, I now have a moral dilemma. I kinda want to put Charlotte in my sig instead of Senno, but on the other hand I checked and turns out capping strength and speed at max level is actually average Charlotte. However, she did more in the lunatic run than Senno did in the hard run, those 60% crits of hers were super valuable. On the other other hand, however however, while Charlotte is super underappreciated, Senno just has no appreciation at all, so...

Ahhh, I can't decide. I'll do it later.

Juust remove Matthis, bro.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Says the one who likes the FE where in one of the routes the main character tells everyone to jump off a bridge and they actually do it.

Yeah, clearly I am but one step away from 1 million subscribers.

For that you’re gonna have to put Camilla in the thumbnail.

Weird, worked well for me. You must not have installed it correctly.

I made a folder called romfs in the location of the mods and threw the folder I downloaded in there.

I almost ran into Great Ace Attorney spoilers by clicking on a spoilered text in the Serenes discord.

Thankfully, I stopped myself when I realized what they were talking about.

I need to start this game immediately. I have a talent for spoiling myself with this series, more than any other. I cannot let it happen again.

47 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

1edb5ec4528b64922097bc8b9b58ffc3.jpg

For 06

Ew.

Boi you already thought Sky had too much Story.

Well, to be precise, I thought it had too much story that was boring to me, but I digress.

It only get's worse after with quality going down xD

Just ask Cosmo, Crossbell already annoyed him, and it get's even worse in worst game saga

Don't forget you're speaking to the guy who calls Garon his favorite character because he finds him super funny.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Says the one who likes the FE where in one of the routes the main character tells everyone to jump off a bridge and they actually do it.

I mean, yeah, but on the other hand, at least it's Corrin and not Obviously Evil Garon giving the order.

...Though let's not kid ourselves, if Garon ordered his children to jump off a bridge they'd do it too.

For that you’re gonna have to put Camilla in the thumbnail.

Never.

I made a folder called romfs in the location of the mods and threw the folder I downloaded in there.

Hmmm... Did you create the folder called "romfs" inside "exefs", or next to it? This is important, it has to be next to it, in the same location. If it's inside exefs, it doesn't work.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

doesn't the save mode have a code.ips file? That should be put in exefs folder or something like that

check readme

No, actually. The endgame save mod is just a scripts folder, no code.ips file involved.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I almost ran into Great Ace Attorney spoilers by clicking on a spoilered text in the Serenes discord.

Thankfully, I stopped myself when I realized what they were talking about.

I need to start this game immediately. I have a talent for spoiling myself with this series, more than any other. I cannot let it happen again.

I always wanted to play an Ace Attorney, but I never got around to it or decided which one.

...Though let's not kid ourselves, if Garon ordered his children to jump off a bridge they'd to it too.

Xander would do it in 2 milliseconds.

Hmmm... Did you create the folder called "romfs" inside "exefs", or next to it? This is important, it has to be next to it, in the same location. If it's inside exefs, it doesn't work.

Next to it.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I always wanted to play an Ace Attorney, but I never got around to it or decided which one.

I mean, it would make sense to start with the first one lol.

Xander would do it in 2 milliseconds.

As soon as he found his way to the bridge through his furrowed brow.

Next to it.

Hm. Weird.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

tumblr_o06ofuYCUM1slo4r9o1_1280.jpg

classic

Fates marriages are beyond fucked up. It's a good thing it's a fun system in the gameplay, because otherwise...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, it would make sense to start with the first one lol.

Maybe, when I say I never decided I mean didn’t look into any of them at all.

I played a demo on the 3DS and found it enjoyable. That’s the extent of my experience.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Just ask Cosmo, Crossbell already annoyed him, and it get's even worse in worst game saga

Weeeeeeeell, this is mostly true. I just can't appreciate the atmosphere they created in most scenes when they couldn't take them seriously most the time.

Gameplay was their highlight, and i still think 3rd's is much better.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Maybe, when I say I never decided I mean didn’t look into any of them at all.

I played a demo on the 3DS and found it enjoyable. That’s the extent of my experience.

Well, I would recommend it. Yeah, I know, I'm the gameplay guy 'round here, but sometimes I do indulge in some story-based experiences. Ace Attorney is pretty nice. The fanservice gets way weird at times, but that goes without saying, it's a Japanese game.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fates marriages are beyond fucked up. It's a good thing it's a fun system in the gameplay, because otherwise...

C4d-sXKVYAAXxaP?format=jpg

Tl:

Birthright route

''We are not related let's marry!''

''Yes!''

Conquest:

''Call me darling''

''Darling!''

Revelation:

*Cousins banging*

Well, I would recommend it. Yeah, I know, I'm the gameplay guy 'round here, but sometimes I do indulge in some story-based experiences. Ace Attorney is pretty nice. The fanservice gets way weird at times, but that goes without saying, it's a Japanese game.

Well, you did recommend me Omori while kinda saying that the gameplay isn’t good.

Hey, maybe that’s what I should play after Conquest. It has been sitting in my steam library for a while.

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

C4d-sXKVYAAXxaP?format=jpg

At least Azura isn't a minor

Well, you did recommend me Omori while kinda saying that the gameplay isn’t good.

Well, I don't think Omori's gameplay is bad. Omori is... slightly above average for a RPG, I'd say. It's not the most fun RPG out there, but it's not completely boring like the average Square Enix production. It has a couple neat things going for it. And if worse comes to worst, it's not absurdly long for no good reason like so many other RPGs.

That being said, the story and characters are pure gold, the visuals are wonderful and the soundtrack kicks major amounts of ass, so... yeah. I cannot give it any less than first place among all I have played, as far as RPGs go.

Hey, maybe that’s what I should play after Conquest. It has been sitting in my steam library for a while.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At least Azura isn't a minor

I am pretty sure Corrin and Azura are. And most of the cast.

And most of FE characters in general. And most characters in fiction in general, not just anime or anime like media. Even murican movies/series have younglings going at it

craing about character ages in fiction is something no one should do really. It's fiction for a reason, and it's ok for fiction to be problematic.

Just my 2 cents on the topic

Edited by Shrimperor

I'd want to say convolution is... an accusation too easy to make?

I don't know, but if you wrote down a start-to-end step-by-step summary of a story in moderate detail for a great majority of stories that attempt something more than simplistic, wouldn't it look convoluted if you tried reading it? Does one have to -excluding books obviously- see the story in action to make a judgement call as it to whether or not it's convoluted? Hearing people discuss topics of a story with its jargon on full display isn't a good arbiter of convolution.

A lot of what you say is true here. But i think in 13 Sentinels' case, it's a fair call to make. Without talking about the plot itself, the story is told non-linearly, but not in an anthology way like say, The Clone Wars. That's actually probably why fans keep such a tight lid on the discussion of the story, because it can be done in any order and you can't really know what story events someone has or hasn't seen.

Perhaps once i have the full picture in chronological order, it actually won't be as convoluted as it looks. But until then, i've already has several "the plot thickens" moments in a row.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fire Emblem Fates 2: Haitaka rewrites history so his bloodline has always been the royal family.

Well they do say history is written by the victors.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Knowing Kaga, there'd just be a hidden switch on the bridge that opens up a trapdoor, plummeting me to my death. He wouldn't tell me anything about it because he likes causing problems on purpose.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

craing about character ages in fiction is something no one should do really. It's fiction for a reason, and it's ok for fiction to be problematic.

Also because most people don't create characters with an age in mind in the first place. It's literally just a number they add after the fact.