• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Can you believe this was my first FF game? I didn't knew the whole context behind it but I still felt it having to fight Bahamut... and remained stuck for a LONG while...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

🐔

Well now that you’ve said chickens I can’t unhear it.

The song was actually good in the first 30 seconds (when the chickens were), but the problem was that all that buildup went nowhere and it was just kinda meh after that.

And then at 1 minute 20 seconds I didn’t even know what I was listening to lol

I’m not becoming a Trails boomer after only playing the first two games am I?

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I didn’t even know what I was listening to lol

And that's not even the worst track in modern Trails. There're alooooooot worse.

Modern Falcom music is a mistake

anyway, let me forget Trails in peace

Edited by Shrimperor

41 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

As for bees there are too many bees to count and i don't wanna go through the hellhole of Trails again. I am happier when i leave it behind tyvm

Obscure and rather bleh 64 game with horrible distance fog. It came to mind.

For better stuff, I've posted this once before:

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Can you believe this was my first FF game?

Yeeeeesh. Mine was FFTA. 

If only changing dresspheres didn't take so long, I'd consider going back to it. Instead, I have to write Reformation: Final Fantasy X-2, but I can't, because that'd require there be actual countries in Spira for all the politics that made the Reformation dynamic IRL.

40 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Can you believe this was my first FF game? I didn't knew the whole context behind it but I still felt it having to fight Bahamut... and remained stuck for a LONG while...

Original version or international?

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Original version or international?

Original.

This was after having tried out Kingdom Hearts. So I was curious about FF. At the time the best I could do was going to the local Walmart (but well, the US border is right next door), and Mexican Walmarts are much more lacking in the Video Games department. FF X-2 happened to be there one time, and my parents bought it for me.

I wanted to play X first, but well, it was not to be. Funnily enough at that time, thanks to kid Tidus and Wakka in KH, I thought Destiny Islands was in Spira, and KH was a spin-off prequel to FFX.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Isnt there an option to turn that off?

It shortens the animations IIRC, I don't think was fast enough even then. XIII's Paradigms nailed the same idea but better in terms of flow in battle, if lacking for as many options to swap between.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Original.

This was after having tried out Kingdom Hearts. So I was curious about FF. At the time the best I could do was going to the local Walmart (but well, the US border is right next door), and Mexican Walmarts are much more lacking in the Video Games department. FF X-2 happened to be there one time, and my parents bought it for me.

I wanted to play X first, but well, it was not to be. Funnily enough at that time, thanks to kid Tidus and Wakka in KH, I thought Destiny Islands was in Spira, and KH was a spin-off prequel to FFX.

Original is much more player friendly since international made enemies much more difficult and adjusted the A.I a bit. 

Ofc Psychic dressphere makes the game a total joke.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It shortens the animations IIRC, I don't think was fast enough even then. XIII's Paradigms nailed the same idea but better in terms of flow in battle, if lacking for as many options to swap between.

Yeah, other than the first time you switch in a battle, it has to show the entire party, which can get you killed. Other than that minor issue, I agree.

I also remember the box for FFXII was also in that same Walmart for a long time and finally could buy it.

And when I said the box, I mean really the box. Somehow, a CD-less box got placed in there. At least I was refunded, and used the money to buy something else. And that something else happened to be Samurai Warriors 3. The rest is history. Literally.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Are we sure Seymour isn't Xehanort's son or fourth-twice-removed Heartless Nobody's Nobody Replica 'Norted Data Possessed By Someone From Another Dimension Working For A Third Party? I get the hunch from what I read of KH's Big Bad, that Seymour and Xehanort could possibly get strike a compromise and work together for a while.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ofc Psychic dressphere makes the game a total joke.

I never witnessed this, I lost all my data after Chapter 2, but I will say I did like the design of the class. It's not the usual for FF in style or powers, and for Paine at least, it's sleek.

Okay, I'm almost at Red Racer. I think I'll stop for now.

Hmm... got Yuri and Milla to level 79. Maybe that's enough. Alright, I'll do it! I'll beat Teyul Menas and finish the Zerebiya Mythos tonight!

Fun fact: this tweet took ten years to show up on Twitter after I hit upload on the PS4.

I swear, sharing things on PS4 just feels way worse than on Switch.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Keep in mind Sooks is talking about the game that has this.

You know, if you showed the pic of the thumbnail with no context, I would've just said it's from Gumball or some shit.

3 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Music is always the least important factor. You can always turn off the volume and/or listen other things while playing.

Hard, hard disagree. Music can enhance or degrade the experience of basically anything.

Fucking hell, I actually am kinda less productive if I'm not listening to music. Not in an addiction sort of way, I just hate silence unless I'm trying to sleep.

Basically music good. Always have good music. Only times in games when I'd listen to something else is if it's an online multiplayer game. Like Mario Kart.

And here I thought they could never surpass some of the old songs (X-treme Fight matched some of them, though).
Welp, I've officially been proven wrong. This one's gone to be up there with my favorite songs of all time.

Also, just so you have an idea as to what goes on in my brain: imagine... just for a second, the scene in Megadimension Neptunia VII, where the CPUs achiever their Next Forms for the first time, and this plays in the background while they transform, and during the boss fight afterwards...
I'm feeling the hype just imagining it!
Someone, make a mod with that! NOW!

Also, as much as the Digimon reboot can be rightfully criticized for being almost all action, and little else...
Goddamnit, this scene gave me goosebumps!

Also, the pipes on WarGreymon's voice actress (yes, actress)... damn!