Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, what? What boss fight?

So

uh

Apparently what I thought was a boss fight was a random encounter that just so happened to trigger the second I dug in the hole, but I thought it was a boss because it one shot my entire party, but that was actually because I was massively underleveled, and I could have just ran instead of wasting all my items on this random encounter.

Fun times, fun times.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So

uh

Apparently what I thought was a boss fight was a random encounter that just so happened to trigger the second I dug in the hole, but I thought it was a boss because it one shot my entire party, but that was actually because I was massively underleveled, and I could have just ran instead of wasting all my items on this random encounter.

Fun times, fun times.

Hahahahaha... Ahhh, well, it happens. Don't sweat it, Sooks.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahaha... Ahhh, well, it happens. Don't sweat it, Sooks.

I mean, I had to reload anyway, so I got to keep all my items and I dug up better loot that second time anyway (a side-quest item and a sno-cone ticket). I lost the two levels everyone got from that encounter but eh, worth it.

Edited by Sooks

Man, that Volke thread was quite eye-opening. Legit last I ever checked something like that was like... 2010? 2011? Either way, back then that was something prevalent to find, so it was a common general mistake anyway.

Wisdom teeth...

Only one has showed up for me so far. The upper-right one. It's half-way out... and seems to have stopped. A couple years back it was only barely poking out... and also seemed to not want to come out. To the point the gum re-enveloped it pretty much. Same for the upper-left one. It's only barely poking out and is almost fully re-enveloped again by the gum. Both lower ones... no sign of them.

At this point I wager I'll be like 50 when the upper-right tooth is finally fully out and the upper-left one half-way out, pft.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wisdom teeth...

Only one has showed up for me so far. The upper-right one. It's half-way out... and seems to have stopped. A couple years back it was only barely poking out... and also seemed to not want to come out. To the point the gum re-enveloped it pretty much. Same for the upper-left one. It's only barely poking out and is almost fully re-enveloped again by the gum. Both lower ones... no sign of them.

At this point I wager I'll be like 50 when the upper-right tooth is finally fully out and the upper-left one half-way out, pft.

Truly it shall be wise when it finally descends.

I also still have a baby tooth, on the lower row.

I had two more despite past the age of them falling off. They were removed when I was 17. 17 and still three baby teeth. 28 and I still have one. I guess it happens?

13 Sentinels review:

Where do i even begin with this? This game is absolutely fantastic but there's not much i can actually say about it, not because there isn't a lot to say but because there's a lot i shouldn't say. This review will be brief because as much as i want to say "this game is good, just trust me bro", i do want this review to have a little bit more substance.

The biggest draw of this game is the story. How? I won't tell you, you just gotta experience it for yourself. But i will say i haven't been this intrigued in a game's story in a long time. While i won't go into specific details, i will say this game's story absolutely nailed In Medias Res, a method of writing that most people get wrong whenever they try it. I also ended up liking pretty much all of the protagonists here, with the exception of one and even that one had less to do with the writing and more of i just don't like that type of character.

The gameplay is pretty sweet too. It's a fun RTS even if it's braindead on anything lower than Intense. While i can criticize the fact that the map layouts are all basically the same, i was able to gain enough satisfaction from the battles that it never really got old for me. On Intense, the battles can get pretty hectic and the framerate can actually take a hit because of how much going on. All the stuff that was going on is exactly why i liked it though, seeing a bunch of damage numbers pop up made my monkey brain light up.

The music is also very good even if i'm listening to it more as i'm writing this because it kinda got drowned out a bit when i actually played. The composers of this game also composed the music for Valkyria Chronicles, which is weird honestly because i can't really remember a single track from Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 4.

Honestly, this game doesn't really have any big flaws i can think of. I mean, i can say something specific about the plot but that'd be spoilers and you really wouldn't want. Anything else is just minor. Like i could say that the character designs are a little bit bland (even if the artstyle itself is really nice) and i don't like the mech designs because i don't like bulky mechs in general. But this doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Honestly, this game is a 10/10 masterpiece imo. The "it's good bro, trust me" folks were right.

Play 13 Sentinels.

Screenshot_5939.png?width=774&height=432

I'm telling you guys. Kaijus are the key to success as shown by the fact that all the games here have that in common.

(13 Sentinels and Zero Mission might switch places depending on how i'm feeling).

Here's the link to my "games i played in 2021" rankings.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A small company is always vulnerable to collapse, but maybe being smaller makes relatively small sales more profitable?

Seems like it. A smaller company means a smaller budget and thus, they can afford to make not as much.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fates is not an RPG.

Bruh

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bruh

Don't "bruh" me. SRPG is vastly different from RPG. SRPGs are fun, for one thing.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm telling you guys. Kaijus are the key to success as shown by the fact that all the games here have that in common.

Friendly reminder Banner Saga has a kaiju sorta

Spoiler

“Who told you that, Mari?”

“Just some shadows here and there. If you concentrated, you could see them too!”

Hmm… Mari sees them too…? Hmmm…..

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

“Who told you that, Mari?”

“Just some shadows here and there. If you concentrated, you could see them too!”

Hmm… Mari sees them too…? But, they don’t talk to Omori… or at least, we don’t see them do so. Hmmm…..

Spoiler

Hector is the shadows confirmed

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Hey Ruben, please read what the bolded letters say.

Don't "bruh" me. S is vastly different from RPG. Ss are fun, for one thing.

I... fail to see your point, Armagon, my dear friend.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't "bruh" me. S is vastly different from RPG. Ss are fun, for one thing.

Kinda like hating fingers but liking thumbs?

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Kaijus are the key to success as shown

Metroid_Dread_Samus_and_Kraid.gif

Thinking_Face_Emoji-Emoji-Island.png

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

An SRPG is simply an RPG on a grid.

Okay, took the prescribed meds and the pain is subsiding. Thank goodness. Now I just hope it doesn't worsen again during the night, I'd hate to be awake all night with aching gums. Vaccine day was enough.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Kinda like hating fingers but liking thumbs?

Oddly specific example, but yes, I suppose.

...Wait, no, that's not true at all! SRPGs don't play anything like traditional RPGs!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

An SRPG is simply an RPG on a grid.

'Twas a joke but okay, it was a terrible one anyway

Yeah, and that alone makes SRPGs so much more fun. In my humble opinion, of course. The grid makes them far more engaging and dynamic than just pressing through menus selecting the best attack and healing occassionally. It may be one difference, but it's a huge and vital one in my eyes. So no, you can't really compare Fates to Xenoblade.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Oddly specific example, but yes, I suppose.

...Wait, no, that's not true at all! SRPGs don't play anything like traditional RPGs!

And thumbs are not like the other eight fingers in your hands. XD

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And thumbs are not like the other eight fingers in your hands. XD

Ahh. Yes, I see your point now. Indeed, thumbs are the best fingers. Without them you can't grab! And everyone knows how important it is to grab!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, and that alone makes SRPGs so much more fun. In my humble opinion, of course. The grid makes them far more engaging and dynamic than just pressing through menus selecting the best attack and healing occassionally. It may be one difference, but it's a huge and vital one in my eyes. So no, you can't really compare Fates to Xenoblade.

....Maybe Radiant Historia would work for you after all? Though to be fair the combat's very much not SRPG, the enemies are on a grid and that is a central part of it.

It is fairly anime with the 3DS artstyle though (less so with the original), so maybe do what I did at the time and play the DS version with a "legitimate" cart because it wasn't released here.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The grid makes them far more engaging and dynamic than just pressing through menus selecting the best attack and healing occassionally.

What is a grid but simply a menu?

🤔🤔🤔🤔

I wonder what he'll think of Bahamut Lagoon.

It's a SRPG... but you deploy squads up to four characters, and when you attack an enemy squad, the battle round plays like a regular RPG.

Edited by Acacia Sgt