Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Took a week off from my Nuzlocke, but I am back at it with another update. Tragically this is the first Gym that Zelda the Dunsparce didn't sweep on her own, as Chuck the fighting gym leader is a bit too scary to face with a normal type...at least now that Midna the gastley is dead. If Midna were still around I would have tried using spite to pp stall the fighting moves on the Primeape (which is unable to hit her with any of its moves), then defense curl to max and rage with Dunsparce, but instead it was a stalling sweep with Mido the Jumpluff. Mido just leech seeded and poisoned both his mons, and used his resists and synthesis to stall his mons till their death.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, you aren't a Xenoblade fan, so I can't tell you that AE's gacha is more like Xenoblade 2's in terms of functionality.

As it is, game is totally doable with the free units it gives you. Heck, all the bosses I've beaten in recent days has been with free units. Game is playable without using the gacha, and you still receive enough free pulls anyway.

Right. Well, we'll see.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

What is that an easter egg of? Why does the random grave have a sound effect attached to it, I mean. It is referencing something isn’t it?

How do you miss the grave with the obvious and circular, concentrated sun beam shining directly on it? Did you find the easter egg grave immediately and decide to not look any further?

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure it's a reference, yes, but I don't know what.

And yeah, I found the easter egg immediately and just... sort of had a brain fart and noped outta there. When I saw the scene online, well... let's just say I felt really dumb, having missed the super obvious grave.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No memes about the Amazon?

dragons-crown-walking-animation.gif

The middle one.

Well.

One of these is not like the others.

...From past experience, I probably would prefer archer lady anyway. Archer ladies are lowkey the best.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

So Muspell is one of them new FEH OCs and

E-po4YTXMAA0y22?format=png&name=small

This is the worst character design to ever come out of Fire Emblem by a long shot

Oh, but is there a FEH OC that has a good design? That is news to me...

Seriously though, yeah, that's on another level. I thought the fanservice fairies were dumb enough, but lo and behold. Gacha Emblem continues to be the worst thing to have come out of the series.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

And

Yes I went from saying the music is annoying to shilling it. I am pleased too.

…that last one is seriously so good though, like oh my god.

Sweetheart's Castle has the best damn music in the game. Even that area's overworld theme kicks major ass.

As for World's End Valentine, that's just an outstanding boss theme among outstanding boss themes. There isn't a boss theme in this game that isn't amazing. Not one.

WAIT WHAT ARE YOU DOING SEARCHING FOR MUSIC, YOU DOLT YOU'RE GOING TO GET SPOILED--

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Omori spoilers (but that should be obvious at this point, shouldn’t it?)

Reveal hidden contents

@Saint Rubenio

2 things

1. What am I supposed to do in the secret piano room in the library at the end of the imagination part of the third day? After you read all the shiny books a door opens up in the bottom left, and once you go in you see a lone piano in the middle of the room with a human-shaped shadow sitting at it. It even gets a dialogue box of “…”, where you get to see that its face is quite Basil shaped. Then it disappears and you’re free to walk around, the piano has the name Omori inscribed on it and there are three holes in the wall in front of it. When you interact with any of them, the game just says the wall feels hollow there. There’s also a picnic basket to save at (which is called Mari’s picnic basket according to the game, which I’m sure has absolutely nothing to do with the humanoid female looking ghost with long hair you see as you go down the stairs that vanishes almost immediately, absolutely nothing at all) and some fruit you can use to heal. All of that screams “something important happens here” but I could not for the life of me trigger any sort of event or encounter.

Also that library is totally the underground library Mari mentions at her picnic spot just in front of the entrance to the sprout mole colony/town place. Just saying. Not sure how important that is.

2. Can you actually have Sunny pick out what he wants to keep from the closest in his house? In the voice message he gets at the beginning of the second day his mom says something like “make sure to go through the closest and pick out what you want to keep, anything else will probably be thrown away”, but walking through the house I wasn’t presented with that option at any closet or wardrobe looking thing. It’s probably just to add to the mood or feeling of “wow, Sunny really is moving, huh?” but I just want to double check because I do not trust this game. At all. Not even a little bit. Game good, but I don’t trust it.

Spoiler

1. From what I've gathered, you can do more with the piano in the Hikikomori route. In the main route it just exists to tease you. But really, that applies to a lot of places. The two routes are really different.

2. There is no closet.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

WAIT WHAT ARE YOU DOING SEARCHING FOR MUSIC, YOU DOLT YOU'RE GOING TO GET SPOILED--

Incognito browser.

Reveal hidden contents

1. From what I've gathered, you can do more with the piano in the Hikikomori route. In the main route it just exists to tease you. But really, that applies to a lot of places. The two routes are really different.

2. There is no closet.

Spoiler

So will things I can’t do anything with on this route become more prevalent? Should I expect more of this? Well, in not real life anyway.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm pretty sure it's a reference, yes, but I don't know what.

And yeah, I found the easter egg immediately and just... sort of had a brain fart and noped outta there. When I saw the scene online, well... let's just say I felt really dumb, having missed the super obvious grave.

It’s okay, it happens.

Other M&Ls: Ez pz

Dream Team hard mode: I make one mistake and the generic random encounter enemy stunlocks me until I die.

That was really nice, thanks Miyamoto for that.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Incognito browser.

Hmph... be very, very careful man. I know from experience, there is no spoiler deliverer like Youtube.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

So will things I can’t do anything with on this route become more prevalent? Should I expect more of this? Well, in not real life anyway.

Spoiler

Yeah, more or less. You may already have seen some of it, in fact. I don't know if you were ever there, but do you remember a snow area next to the space area that was just one room and an igloo with not much to do? That's expanded into a fully fledged area in the Hikikomori route.

The differences between the two routes are fascinating. The problem is that you have to refuse to open the door for Kel, and Kel is the best, so it feels too bad to go down that route.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s okay, it happens.

Heh, well I suppose it does, doesn't it.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

Yeah, more or less. You may already have seen some of it, in fact. I don't know if you were ever there, but do you remember a snow area next to the space area that was just one room and an igloo with not much to do? That's expanded into a fully fledged area in the Hikikomori route.

The differences between the two routes are fascinating. The problem is that you have to refuse to open the door for Kel, and Kel is the best, so it feels too bad to go down that route.

Spoiler

Yeah, I do remember that, I think I just assumed I was missing something or was supposed to do something later and left.

Going the other route is made easier by the fact that, when you’re supposed to open the door, Kel is not yet the best 😛

Edited by Sooks

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Touma-Carnage.jpg

Touma going through some horrific middle aging.😜

The midlife crisis hit him really hard, ya hate to see it.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, but is there a FEH OC that has a good design? That is news to me...

Most of them range from alright to pretty neat.

Dream Team hard mode: I make one mistake and the generic random encounter enemy stunlocks me until I die.

That was really nice, thanks Miyamoto for that.

Just don't get hit bro.

35 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

As far as that goes, no one will ever top Fiora (FE7) from heroes if you ask me. just... wow.

Eh, she does sound like the oldest sister. A little bit deep tho.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, I do remember that, I think I just assumed I was missing something or was supposed to do something later and left.

Going the other route is made easier by the fact that, when you’re supposed to open the door, Kel is not yet the best 😛

Spoiler

I mean, sure, Kel is not yet the best, but there's other downsides than just hurting Kel's feelings.

But, well, it doesn't matter. You opened that door. Now we're set on this path.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Just don't get hit bro.

What do you think I try to do, Armagon? It's not that easy!

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

what... her deep voice makes even Hector weep in woe! I expected a gentle softspoken voice from her, and well... yeah.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What do you think I try to do, Armagon? It's not that easy!

I wouldn't have gotten hit.

(Also your quote didn't show up on my notifs)

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

what... her deep voice makes even Hector weep in woe! I expected a gentle softspoken voice from her, and well... yeah.

I mean yeah, a softer voice would've fit better.

Looks like one low-budget action RPG I had an eye on will be leaving Japan after all.😀 Now, I'll have to wait for the reviews and see if it's worth nabbing on the side.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well.

One of these is not like the others.

...From past experience, I probably would prefer archer lady anyway. Archer ladies are lowkey the best.

dwelf.jpg?resize=400,400

Maybe the dude to the left would be your thing. Although the 360 beard & hair looks rather ragged and lacking for style if you ask me.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No hay ninguna descripción de la foto disponible.

This was my playthrough but to Poland and Persia, pretty much.

Definitively the eastern Roman Empire. With not an ounce of the historical lands, did the Paleologus decide "the Turks can't conquer you, if you're not in their way"? Or given I'd think that's a lot of Central Eurasian steppe, maybe the Byzantines thought "A few generations here, and we'll gain the same highly successful bellicosity as our archenemies".

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I mean, sure, Kel is not yet the best, but there's other downsides than just hurting Kel's feelings.

But, well, it doesn't matter. You opened that door. Now we're set on this path.

Spoiler

I mean, yeah, I’m 99% sure opening that door was the right choice. It’s probably better for Sunny and Kel, not to mention I think I’ll get a more interesting plot. The story and characters in the real world are way, way more interesting than the stuff going on in dreamland/imagination land/Sunny’s grief filled delusions/whatever the plot of this game even is.

I mean, it feels like it’s going somewhere interesting, especially with the 3 days stuff (even if that too applies more to the real life stuff), but the real life stuff is already interesting.

Edited by Sooks

22 minutes ago, Benice said:

'Morning!

Time for the first day of school.

Good luck! I think it will be good, I thought it would be worse than it actually was, although I was going to a completely new school.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Roy got his deep voice from her.

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No hay ninguna descripción de la foto disponible.

This was my playthrough but to Poland and Persia, pretty much.

Bloody iconoclasts!
29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm amazed it's still the same page as last night.

Maybe it's time for me to start ranting about the new Spiderman movies, huh?

1 minute ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Bloody iconoclasts!

Ha! Joke's on them, in my playthrough the Empire became Catholic.

Tough but doable. Invite a family with children and are claimants, convert them through child tutoring, press their claims. Naturally, like 85% of the Empire will be revolting against the Catholic Emperor (but then it's CK2!Byzantium, so nothing out of the ordinary), but so long you can ensure the revolts are taken care of (like say, find a reason to attack them to weaken them), the Empire will slowly convert.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I wouldn't have gotten hit.

It's always so simple with you, isn't it...

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

dwelf.jpg?resize=400,400

Maybe the dude to the left would be your thing. Although the 360 beard & hair looks rather ragged and lacking for style if you ask me.

Eh, I dunno. I mean, sure, beard, but the guy's barely wearing anything other than the beard and his muscles look super ugly. Like, why are his veins green? Ew.

Still think archer girl's more my style, frankly. Archer girls are badass.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

I mean, yeah, I’m 99% sure opening that door was the right choice. It’s probably better for Sunny and Kel, not to mention I think I’ll get a more interesting plot. The story and characters in the real world are way, way more interesting than the stuff going on in dreamland/imagination land/Sunny’s grief filled delusions/whatever the plot of this game even is.

I mean, it feels like it’s going somewhere interesting, especially with the 3 days stuff (even if that too applies more to the real life stuff), but the real life stuff is already interesting.

Spoiler

Well, we'll see what happens. Keep at it.

1 hour ago, DodgeDusk said:

Poor Eir.

Whomst?

...Ah. Well, fine. I'll concede she looks cool. Just a shame she exists in the worst game to ever sully the name Fire Emblem. I have little care for characters who only exist in that one.

31 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Maybe it's time for me to start ranting about the new Spiderman movies, huh?

You promised you would rant, but so far I've received none of the promised rants.

Then again, if promises were crackers, my daughter would be fat.

Hey look on the bright side, if you rant for long enough I'm bound to run out of memes