Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! Wait, there's such a thing as a not loud class? I never believed it possible.

Eh, with this teacher, kinda. The only problem is that I think I'll be the only student invested in the course. It'll still be interesting regardless, I hope!

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There is nothing suspicious.

mP2tqPZ.jpg

Have you any idea how long it's been since I last played a game in Spanish?

Why?

I’m pretty sure that western localizations in non-English languages are based off the English translation and not the original Japanese, right? So is it because there’s even less accuracy and more lost in translation to the original? Or do Spanish translations still tend to be bad?

Not to mention, the most Final Fantasy I've played was like, 30 minutes of VI.

I can’t imagine you playing even one minute of a Final Fantasy lol.

36 minutes ago, Benice said:

'Morning, all!

Time for my first day of real classes. I'm a tad worried about how loud my social studies class is, but I guess that's out of my control!

I hope everything goes well!

Edited by Sooks

24 minutes ago, Benice said:

The only problem is that I think I'll be the only student invested in the course. It'll still be interesting regardless, I hope!

Yes, that happens quite commonly as well. Nothing really to be done about it. Just ignore the rest. Well, until you have to do a group project, that is.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

mP2tqPZ.jpg

Hey, now, when have I ever lied to you?

Why?

I’m pretty sure that western localizations in non-English languages are based off the English translation and not the original Japanese, right? So is it because there’s even less accuracy and more lost in translation to the original? Or do Spanish translations still tend to be bad?

The former. I'd rather not have to go through two layers of translation (or any at all, for games developed in English) if I can help it. Not to mention, it helps to improve one's English. Also, Spanish translations existing at all aren't always a guarantee. And Spanish fanslations? Extremely scarce.

The few Spanish games I play, though, those I do play in Spanish. It's only right. If only my country made more games.

I can’t imagine you playing even one minute of a Final Fantasy lol.

Well, when I was younger I had a higher tolerance for RPGs. Not high enough to beat a Final Fantasy, but enough to entertain the idea of playing one, I suppose.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, now, when have I ever lied to you?

On 9/4/2021 at 11:19 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, it is quite the cute game. Expect nothing but increading cuteness as it goes.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's not that hard to believe tbh. Anguirus's name was localized as Angilas in the English dub of Godzilla Raids Again but no, it really is supposed to be Anguirus.

But Godzilla Raids Again came out in 1955 and the standards for a faithful localization were even lower back then, i'd imagine.

Sure but how do you get it right once and not the other time? Its literally the same word!

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's a much more reasonable mistake, though. R and L confusions is a classic in translation from Japanese. But turning a guy into his own older brother for no reason is just... so fucking weird.

See the above: getting it wrong once is understandable, but not when its already correct!

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

On 9/4/2021 at 5:19 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, it is quite the cute game. Expect nothing but increading cuteness as it goes.

Increading.

Ahhhh, it hurts so much to see your past typos on display like that...

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

that would make it hotter?

Ah yes, Shrimp "I read hentais for the plot" Eror at it again.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Sure but how do you get it right once and not the other time? Its literally the same word!

See the above: getting it wrong once is understandable, but not when its already correct!

...Oh.

Well, it could just be a typo. You can't expect me to feel much about such a blunder when the colossal catastrophe mentioned earlier is standing in front of it.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

YES! FE heroes is releasing another Tailtyu form! 

Gonna be one of the only times i actually pay for that game, lmao. I gotta have Tailtyu!

Oof. Fallen for the trap, I see... oh, well, long as you have the money to spare. And understand that there's no guarantee the game will hand her to you...

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oof. Fallen for the trap, I see... oh, well, long as you have the money to spare. And understand that there's no guarantee the game will hand her to you...

Actually its 100%, lmao. I mean, I got a gift card from a family member so why not? Not like im gonna use it otherwise.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Actually its 100%, lmao.

Ah.

Well, lucky for you, then. I'm still bitter from the time I tried to play the game and they gave me five Saizos and Serras but no Wrys. Pah...

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I mean, I got a gift card from a family member so why not? Not like im gonna use it otherwise.

Hey, don't let me stop you! Thunder girl to your heart's content.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah.

Well, lucky for you, then. I'm still bitter from the time I tried to play the game and they gave me five Saizos and Serras but no Wrys. Pah...

Hey, don't let me stop you! Thunder girl to your heart's content.

You do pay $10(?) For 3 free characters, which is better than what paying for summoning gets you!

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, you only found just now? Since this was announced half a month ago.

I usually dont pay attention to it as I dont wanna get tempted to pay extra. For Tailtyu though? Im gonna pay up, lmao.

Yeah i dont follow their content that closely though as a general. 

Edited by lightcosmo

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Increading.

Ahhhh, it hurts so much to see your past typos on display like that...

Don’t worry about it, it happens to everyone. And then you bully me about it.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thunder Girls 💓

Still not enough to make me gacha

❤️ I cant resist, alright!?

I dont ever pay except now and when Lucina had an alt to pay for. That's... All, really.