Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But you have to combo to get that in the first place.

But you aren't.

At least I never felt like was being restricted in my choices anyway.

Against generic enemies, nuking them with boost strikes pretty much charges it all the way up.

Well... how often do you not finish an enemy with a boost break?

12 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Kino

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't think Cosmo was complimenting FFX there.

XD

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Against generic enemies, nuking them with boost strikes pretty much charges it all the way up.

Wait..... Are you talking about the Boosts or Boost Strikes (a.k.a the finishers)?

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well... how often do you not finish an enemy with a boost break?

A few times. The finishers are just so flashy tho.

10 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Isn't that literally what made FF7 so famous, killing off the Waifu for dramatic effect...

And they're gonna undo that in FF7R Part 2 hahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahhahahaha

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait..... Are you talking about the Boosts or Boost Strikes (a.k.a the finishers)?

A few times. The finishers are just so flashy tho.

Erm... wait, i mean using the character specific ones charges the finisher versions, lmao.

I mean... that's great and all, but i think i'd prefer much more "open" options. 

I mean, if something is broken, then it is. But this feels like it totally controls the flow of gameplay, and imo that's not a good thing.

I fired up Tales of Xillia 2 just to compare gameplay between it and Arise: and Xillia 2 flows MUCH quicker. The characters artes are actually well thought out (as in, Arise alot of them don't string well at all)

Teamwork in Xillia feels much more... exsistent? Dunno how to explain this, but Arise i feel like i'm on my own most the time.

AI isn't trash. This is really dumb: "hey my enemy is using their most deadly attack! Lets run in there and see if we can survive it!"

And i think that the character gimmicks are much more interesting overall. That is, if you like character gimmicks, which Tales of games adopted since Xillia anyways, so you better get used to em.

thing about Arise's boost gauges is how limited they are, in practice

you can use them once and have to wait forever for it to fill back up just to do effective damage again

sometimes the enemy doesn't even hit hard, it's just defending so you can't do much

it's still doing that now, even with all the upgrades to the boost gauge I've gotten so far

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You don't say

X

Ruben, you need to read Tsukihime in order to truly understand the power of the maids.

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't think Cosmo was complimenting FFX there.

50 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

XD

I know and I don't care, I was just stating a fact

https://imageproxy.ifunny.co/crop:x-20,resize:640x,quality:90x75/images/a147d512ee5a0b7cfa51f404b96fd6f49aa9ffd41ace4aa4fd9be39d2f736a21_1.jpg

Oh my fucking God.

I've been on turn 1 of Exile Island like deadass 20 minutes now.

I must've hit Morrow with the bolt knife like 30 times and Thaddy just refuses to injure him.

What the fuck is happening? With all the times I've attempted this, there must be a like 0.00001% chance of this happening at this point and it just keeps happening. What is my luck?

Okay, eventually I gave up and changed my strategy. But I don't understand, I did it twice and it worked without much trouble, I just screwed up later and had to reset. It was only when I finally had a strat for after Thaddy injured Morrow that the game went "nope, fuck you, you no longer have the ability to injure enemies." Why do you do this to me, Berwick Saga...?

4 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I can't wait to see MCU fanboys seething

I don't get it. Would you please explain?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

And they're gonna undo that in FF7R Part 2 hahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahhahahaha

Oh.

You think they'll get that far in Part 2.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

don't get it. Would you please explain?

MCU movies good

Sony movies bad

Venom is now in the MCU.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

They already covered half of disk 1 in the first game. I don't think this is too far-fetched.

Just now, Ghost_06_ said:

They already covered half of disk 1 in the first game. I don't think this is too far-fetched.

Wait, I thought they just left Midgar in Part 1.

There's a lot between it and the end of Disc 1. Literally three continents. I don't see it happening due to the amount of time that ends up taking.

Just now, Ghost_06_ said:

Venom is now in the MCU.

>Me, a supposed Marvel fanboy.

https://c.tenor.com/SUDO7IOS80QAAAAM/whatever-its-cool-whatever-yang.gif

So, definitely watch both now?

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

Losing this track in B2W2 was sad.

It wasn't removed, but now you had to talk to an NPC that was only available during Winter months, pretty much.

Funnily enough, after all the headaches with Morrow, Vadrius got injured and crippled without a single reset. Handy.

Aaaanyway, chapter 11 done. Izerna, Perceval, Esteban, Christine and Kramer all promote at the same time. With this, the only characters I haven't managed to promote are Adel, Leon, Daoud and Aegina. Not bad. I thought I wouldn't be able to get anything done due to the whole "deploy as many units as possible" challenge, but it has turned out to be quite the opposite.

...Maybe if I make enough of an effort I can actually get Aegina there in the remaining 3 maps. Not much of a real reason to do it, but...

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Boy I look forward to seeing the remade ending of Final Fantasy 7 in 2078

11 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

MCU movies good

Sony movies bad

Venom is now in the MCU.

Right. Well, that's neat, I guess.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Boy I look forward to seeing the remade ending of Final Fantasy 7 in 2078

I'm disappointed you didn't go 7777, but you couldn't know.

Wait, is that removed from the remakes? That'd suck, it's a hilarious option to break the game if you know what you're doing.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It wasn't removed, but now you had to talk to an NPC that was only available during Winter months, pretty much.

10 was also one of my favourite Unova routes as well, damm Team Plasma.

Edited by Dayni

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

A Part 2 is is more likely to end like at Junon, I'd say.

Just after the boat or entering Junon?

Or possibly right before Cosmo Canyon if they manage to put that much in it.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

thing about Arise's boost gauges is how limited they are, in practice

you can use them once and have to wait forever for it to fill back up just to do effective damage again

sometimes the enemy doesn't even hit hard, it's just defending so you can't do much

it's still doing that now, even with all the upgrades to the boost gauge I've gotten so far

Well... It just makes battles always play out the same way. 

Step 1: fill boost gauge.

Step 2: activate boost strike.

Step 3: activate boost finish.

Step 4: go back to step 1.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Plot twist, it ends with a mandatory battle against the Midgard Zolom. Part 3 is thus Mythril Caves to Junon.

Guess I'll drown in the swamp then.

That would be terrifying if true, but I don't think that'd be viable for full price. Or even as far as Junon arguably.

I do realise the problem of ending a disc at Cosmo Canyon though: it's not about Sephiroth at all, how could they do that?