• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

*Reads about a Tales gatcha shutting down.*

*Sees someone mention a totally unrelated gatcha game called "Tokyo Afterschool Summoners"*

*Looks up said peculiar gatcha game*

E_character.jpg

Yeaaaaaah, from what little I've read, I can tell just looking at this that it is bara, not yaoi. Actual gay Japanese dudes had to have drawn this stuff, not women and straight guys. The amount of belly tells you everything.

...And why must it also be 50% furry bestiality!?!🤮 Reallllllly ruins any praise I want to give it for being a Japanese rainbow game, even if it's gatcha trash. At least a look at the reddit shows no horizontal hula is in the game, else I would presently be too mentally anguished to type about it.

The commenter that led me to this said this game has amazingly lasted for five years and is still alive, no small achievement in the gatcha world. Though the commentary leaves me wondering why the whalers are launching their harpoons- for bears, or for literal bears. I fear it is the latter.

The unexpected on the Internet is sometimes both a blessing and a curse.😮

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wow, so I got an ending, and according to the internet this ending means I did not activate a single flag for the true ending! I impress even myself sometimes.

Ü

Spoiler

So the Mayushii ending huh

Flag guid: https://pastebin.com/czwikKAM

Edited by Father Shrimpas

55 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Ü

Hide contents

So the Mayushii ending huh

Spoiler

Yes.

It fell a little flat because it absolutely required me to care about Kurisu and I just… didn’t.

F

Spoiler

Honestly, i expected maybe Ruben to not care for Kurisu, but not you as well

Well, maybe the last bit will make you change your mind?

Say, Sooks, since you will probably finish it tomorrow or after, will you be interested in S;G0 or other ; titles later on?

Also how do you like VNs as a medium? Would you be interested in other VNs as well?

You gained +50 Christmas spirit

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The commenter that led me to this said this game has amazingly lasted for five years and is still alive, no small achievement in the gatcha world. Though the commentary leaves me wondering why the whalers are launching their harpoons- for bears, or for literal bears. I fear it is the latter.

Fear the latter?

I expect some are going head first for both.

Funny how it's about as long living as FEH. And this one probably doesn't have half the international whaling to work off of.

11 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

A female main character being bullied by everyone? This is just like Xenoblade.

Ah yes, good call to tell me this immediately after I was done whining about how this ruined Trails for me.

Now it's going to be 0.01% more difficult to force me to say good things about Xenoblade

I just see it as Joshua being the straight man to Estelle's Estelleness, since most of what he says is at least somewhat founded. But he probably has a tragic backstory of some kind, so that might have something to do with how he perceives Estelle's attitude. How far did you get in your playthrough? Presumably farther than I've gotten, since I haven't met Olivier yet.

Not very far, just the second town. And hey, I'll fully admit I probably overreacted, but... Well, see, my problem is that even when Estelle was doing good things, all Joshua and anybody else could think of was "wow Estelle you're so reckless, I'm not even gonna thank you, instead I'll thank Joshua, it's a good thing Joshua was there to save you from yourself, wow you're so cool Joshua". 10 consecutive hours of this, over and over, even after Estelle risked her life to save a little boy, got tiring fast. Add to that my personal distaste for the gameplay (generic JRPGs and me don't mix very well), and well... I just wasn't finding any enjoyment in the game at all.

...That, and I believe I played this game not long after Omori. Which was a bit unfair on Trails, because Omori is on a different league entirely and did more to ruin JRPGs for me than Berwick ever managed with SRPGs.

10 hours ago, Benice said:

@Saint Rubenio, do feel free to take my last pick for the FE12 PMU! I don't know any units in FE12, so you'd make a better pick than I could.

I suggested Wrys, but timezones and shit probably means I'm too late. Someone else said Marisha before me. Goddamnit, I really hope Jones decides to take Wrys instead. Marisha is so not fun.

9 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Single mummy, ain't that lucky.

Oh yeah, I was ready to sit down and grind for a bit, but the first mummy dropped it.

Not as lucky was my fishing session over the next two blood moons. All I ever got was sharks, not a single eel to be seen. I don't believe I'll get the bloody flail. Will probably have to skip it until I get the flowery one.

Plantera is easy to underestimate. Do not be fooled by it's easy to break down first half, the second half of Plantera is where the real difficulty comes in.

Oh yeah, Plantera is super deceptive. I'm going to have to think about what to do for the second phase.

Incidentally, I made a few attempts against Queen Slime. I could not beat it. Probably because I'm bad, but... sheesh, the amount of projectiles. Bullet hell much?

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Today on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure without context

Screenshot_6027.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_6030.png?width=769&height=432

Unrelated, but I keep seeing completely common phrases used as "Juju's references" in Steins;Gate. Is that accurate to reality? Do Jojo's fans really think that the simplest phrases are suitable Jojo references just because they're said in Jojo?

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Reads about a Tales gatcha shutting down.*

Ahhh, the shut-down of a gacha. Always a tragic event to behold.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Sees someone mention a totally unrelated gatcha game called "Tokyo Afterschool Summoners"*

*Looks up said peculiar gatcha game*

E_character.jpg

Yeaaaaaah, from what little I've read, I can tell just looking at this that it is bara, not yaoi. Actual gay Japanese dudes had to have drawn this stuff, not women and straight guys. The amount of belly tells you everything.

This looks rather standard until you look a bit closer. Then you start noticing the more, uh... Risqué designs.

Lol I think I just spotted the same guy twice, just one has white hair and the other brown... Yeah it's totally the same guy at different ages, they even have the same pose and clothing. I wonder what's up with that.

Anyway... I mean, at least there's more variety in this than in something like Heroes. Characters look distinct. This game would add Arran. I'd rather have this game than Heroes.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Wow, so I got an ending, and according to the internet this ending means I did not activate a single flag for the true ending! I impress even myself sometimes.

Hahahahaha

You suck, Sooks.

I totally won't fail as hard.

I mean knowing me I'll get the true ending and be mad that everyone survived

14 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

This will be fun Ü

He's monetising his power. Gotta admit, that's some cunning there.

(Watch someone immediately kill Ryoma now)

I am bored, so it's time for S;G. Looks like it's time for Luka to finally exist in the story.

...But first, phone call from Worst Character. What riveting pieces of writing shall you regale me with today, Femrean?

Why does Okarin think everyone's a pervert? What's this idiot's problem? I guess being around Daru has led him to see perverts everywhere...

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Ouch man, that hurts

I mean, I do see why it hurts you, but surely you must realize, this is the fellow I'm referencing here.

h5QzBNu.png

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why does Okarin think everyone's a pervert

Tbf Kurisu is a pervert. Even if a closest one lol

Also he lives in Akihabata Ü

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

mean, I do see why it hurts you, but surely you must realize, this is the fellow I'm referencing here.

h5QzBNu.png

Oh lol

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

mean, I do see why it hurts you, but surely you must realize, this is the fellow I'm referencing here.

h5QzBNu.png

Putting Rean anything to Shrimpy never ends well, I thought that was obvious by now.

I still miss him being called Elerean.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why does Okarin think everyone's a pervert? What's this idiot's problem? I guess being around Daru has led him to see perverts everywhere...

I thought you had already learned from Teehee that everyone's secretly a pervert.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

I mean

Fire - Elfire

Thunder - Elthunder

Wind - Elwind

Rean - elrean

What is the effect or Arcrean? Or RexRean?

And what would we call the level above that? StuRean?

Ahh, so that's why Femrean is here. She's here so that she can react weirdly to Luka's dad being a good dad, so that I can surmise that her dad was not good to her, probably for some time-machine related reason, which later lead to her Doof-tier backstory.

Anyway, we got the MacGuffin computer. That was easy. And now--

Oh, for fuck's sake... Why is everyone in this universe like that!? Why can't someone compliment someone else's father for being a kind and giving man without everyone else going "AAAA SHE WANTS TO FUCK MY DAD, ADULTERY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"?

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Putting Rean anything to Shrimpy never ends well, I thought that was obvious by now.

I mean, yes, but it's not like Rean has a monopoly on the name Rean, right?

I still miss him being called Elerean.

I miss all the old names. Except Robert and Maris, I do feel Roberto and Malice work better. But the rest are all worse. I can never get used to Jubelo and Yuliya, never.

I thought you had already learned from Teehee that everyone's secretly a pervert.

Pffft. Touche, I suppose.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

I mean

Fire - elfire

Thunder - elthunder

Rean - elrean

Oh fuck

No wonder you hate New Mystery. It all makes sense now! Your Rean senses were tingling as you perceived the presence of Rean's evolution!

Wait, but I like Elrean! A lot, in fact! Does that mean... No...

Maybe I would like Cold Steel after all...

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

What is the effect or Arcrean? Or RexRean?

Tsunami on Falcom HQ influenced by the anger of the Ruler of the seas

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And what would we call the level above that?

Ogrean as a refernce to some of his mary sue powers

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No wonder you hate New Mystery. It all makes sense now! Your Rean senses were tingling as you perceived the presence of Rean's evolution!

He cracked the matrix!

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Maybe I would like Cold Steel after all...

I will be like, Ultra surprised if you do. I would've dropped it in it's cliched prologue ass if it didn't have Trails name on it

Pdrecwmd o

Okay, you know what?

Fine. You win this round, S;G.

Okarin continues to be the best character.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

He cracked the matrix!

Hmm... So then, if Elrean's bane is Merric... Clearly what we need is...

Quick! Is there a Trails character called Rick? He could be the key to all of this...!

Oh boy. Pigtails continues to be extremely suspicious. It's like she's carrying a neon sign around that says "I'M A RED HERRING. PLEASE SUSPECT ME OF THINGS."

I still think Moeka is more subtly suspicious. But whatever. For all I know, Faris will be the twist villain. I hope she is, actually. It would turn this story into the best tale mankind has written since Garonquest.

My money's still on Moeka, though. And Pigtails is John Titor. I am 63.7% sure of these statements, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Does Ricky count?

Uhh... I guess kinda? Yeah, sure, let's go with that.