Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Make it come out now, Spara! Do it! Where's the magical microwave? I could use a magical microwave right about now...

If only. Plus, my microwave's unplugged. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy shit, Kaga. Slow down.

Gotta go fast!

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Spara said:

If only. Plus, my microwave's unplugged. 

Damnit.

5 minutes ago, Spara said:

Gotta go fast!

I really cannot wait. Especially with the story properly translated and all. I still have one spoiler I've been carrying from all the way back to clicking on a Zephgarus video, but I didn't stick around, so I don't know much, thankfully.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

Steins Gate? The space between attractor fields that Suzuha and future Okabe think could be a good wordline.

At least, I’m assuming that’s what you’re asking.

no no...

you will see

Edited by Father Shrimpas

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hey, Skyclad Observer! This scene is so cool.

Why are you looking at me naked?😳

You realize "skyclad" means "nude", right?

Although my computer's spellcheck dictionary indicates it's a mid-1800s translation of a Sanskrit word. Sanskrit being the ancient religious language of India, natively spoken by none, but used in the philosophical texts of the subcontinent and some of the religious texts of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism, all three faiths originating in the subcontinent.

The specific Sanskrit word "skyclad" is a translation of -the spellcheck dictionary says- is digambara. "Digambara" itself can refer to the most austere and smaller of the two sects of Jain monks, and one of the most distinctive features of the Digambaras as opposed to the other Jain monastic sect, is that they go around completely naked (Jain nuns are always clothed).

I'll spare you the sight of images of old and unattractive naked Indian men with shaved heads, look them up if you so desire. But, the nudity of the Digambaras is not sexual whatsoever. Their complete lack of clothing indicates a detachment from worldly possessions, and a willingness to do without the luxury of clothing's protection from the natural elements such as cold and rain. All Digambaras own is a hollowed gourd for carrying water, and a small hand-broom to gently sweep away insects to avoid harming them- because Jains are very nonviolent.

Hinduism's sadhus can go around complete naked or very close to it, and often apply ashes to themselves (not sure why- a reminder of the inevitably of death?), but they aren't remarked upon for their nudity as much as Jainism's digambaras are. I don't think full nudity is strictly mandatory for Hindu ascetics either. Shiva the Hindu god-ascetic is almost always shown clothed, while the Jainism's Tirthankaras (roughly equivalent to Buddhism's Buddhas) are always depicted naked.

India having a warm and humid climate I would suppose could explain why the subcontinent has all-natural holy men in the first place. They would freezing their lingams off in jolly cold England.

-South Asian lesson of the day!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why are you looking at me naked?😳

It’s the name of the opening song in Steins;Gate.

And thanks for the history lesson, not only was it interesting, but that gives the song’s title so much more meaning in the context of the game.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

can play and hate it. Then we can fight about it. That works?

That'd be par for the course tho. I hate your games, you hate mine, a never ending cycle.

Sooks is the one in real danger. If he calls it bad and boring while at the same time unironically liking Detroit: Become Human, then I have every right to upload him to God's Onedrive.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For instance, "Three Houses" doesn't reference any of the seasons stuff in the Japanese subtitle. Which might be an actual loss of meaning. Not that important for enjoying the story, but still, a loss of intended meaning.

True but I'm talking about people who not only use the Japanese name but even say the way i's spelled.

Like take Blazing Blade for example. Everyone called it Blazing Blade for years before that became the official English name and still do. If I hear a non-Japanese call it "Rekka no Ken", I'm commiting a war crime.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

can feel "the loneliness from being trapped in a world where nobody can understand my opinions on matters beyond their comprehension" here.😜

Haha.

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

fiRBkQ4.png

Man, i wish this VN had some gameplay for the upcoming super amazing mecha fight

Well I've got the VN just for you.....next year.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Isn't it one of those animes that's a dumb harem romcom for most of its run, until it becomes edgy and sad completely out of nowhere? That's what I've heard, at least.

Yes. I watched six episodes and the best part was when the generic MC went out to the field and confessed his love to the entire school.....during exams.......and when I say the best part, I meant it was cringe but it's the only part that woke me up from the coma that was that show.

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahhh

Hah, yeah, you're right. Neither of them looks like a legal prosecutor. Then again, the Mitsurugi Reiji I brought up looks more like an aristocrat than a prosecutor, himself.

The legal prosecutor does show up in the same game as the Reiji tho.

Project X Zone 2 moment.

Thank you, Fates, for allowing the enemy to hit me at below 20% twice in a row. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.

Also I saved Kaze this time around, because the power of friendship...gave him the ability to see glowing exploding crystals?

Anyways, on to Leo.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, Plantera is super deceptive. I'm going to have to think about what to do for the second phase.

Incidentally, I made a few attempts against Queen Slime. I could not beat it. Probably because I'm bad, but... sheesh, the amount of projectiles. Bullet hell much?

Lots of bullet hell sections in the new bosses of Terraria. The bosses where items and equipment do matter but ultimately its your quick reaction timing that keeps you alive.

For potions I'd suggest building a garden if you haven't already. Buy some planter boxes from the Dryad and plant all the seeds you have in them. For other potion materials I'd just suggest taking a day where you do nothing but fish and gather non-plant materials for potions while listening to an audio book, or a podcast or something.

I'd also suggest making flasks for melee weapons as they can inflict debuffs on enemies and bosses. You're in a Crimson world so you can make ichor flasks which'll drop the defense of any enemy greatly. Flasks are also much easier to make but only one type can be used at a time, so choose wisely.

Also experiment with all different types of weapons, I know you have a melee build going on but that doesn't mean other types of weapons wont prove useful.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yes. I watched six episodes and the best part was when the generic MC went out to the field and confessed his love to the entire school.....during exams.......and when I say the best part, I meant it was cringe but it's the only part that woke me up from the coma that was that show.

shutup.png

/s

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I never did.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although my computer's spellcheck dictionary indicates it's a mid-1800s translation of a Sanskrit word. Sanskrit being the ancient religious language of India, natively spoken by none, but used in the philosophical texts of the subcontinent and some of the religious texts of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism, all three faiths originating in the subcontinent.

The specific Sanskrit word "skyclad" is a translation of -the spellcheck dictionary says- is digambara. "Digambara" itself can refer to the most austere and smaller of the two sects of Jain monks, and one of the most distinctive features of the Digambaras as opposed to the other Jain monastic sect, is that they go around completely naked (Jain nuns are always clothed).

I'll spare you the sight of images of old and unattractive naked Indian men with shaved heads, look them up if you so desire. But, the nudity of the Digambaras is not sexual whatsoever. Their complete lack of clothing indicates a detachment from worldly possessions, and a willingness to do without the luxury of clothing's protection from the natural elements such as cold and rain. All Digambaras own is a hollowed gourd for carrying water, and a small hand-broom to gently sweep away insects to avoid harming them- because Jains are very nonviolent.

Hinduism's sadhus can go around complete naked or very close to it, and often apply ashes to themselves (not sure why- a reminder of the inevitably of death?), but they aren't remarked upon for their nudity as much as Jainism's digambaras are. I don't think full nudity is strictly mandatory for Hindu ascetics either. Shiva the Hindu god-ascetic is almost always shown clothed, while the Jainism's Tirthankaras (roughly equivalent to Buddhism's Buddhas) are always depicted naked.

India having a warm and humid climate I would suppose could explain why the subcontinent has all-natural holy men in the first place. They would freezing their lingams off in jolly cold England.

-South Asian lesson of the day!

Today I learned I suppose.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Also I saved Kaze this time around, because the power of friendship...gave him the ability to see glowing exploding crystals?

Yes.

1 minute ago, twilit of Christmas Past said:

shutup.png

Sociopath Reese returns I see.

Just now, GuardianSing said:

I like how he says himself that he had no idea what that thing was, he just decided to throw a shuriken at it before dying.

Well, it's that or die I suppose.

Which makes the alternate scene seem even dumber because he chooses to not be saved when it looks like he could be?

33 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well, it's that or die I suppose.

Which makes the alternate scene seem even dumber because he chooses to not be saved when it looks like he could be?

Indeed. I was expecting Corrin to save him because they had a stronger bond this time but what actually happened just came out of nowhere.

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That'd be par for the course tho. I hate your games, you hate mine, a never ending cycle.

Sooks is the one in real danger. If he calls it bad and boring while at the same time unironically liking Detroit: Become Human, then I have every right to upload him to God's Onedrive.

Pffft

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well. Nice.

...Then again, our tastes are literally opposite, so chances are I'd find my new favorite anime in this thing.

The legal prosecutor does show up in the same game as the Reiji tho.

Project X Zone 2 moment.

Oh, he does? Neat. Reiji meets Reiji.

47 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Lots of bullet hell sections in the new bosses of Terraria. The bosses where items and equipment do matter but ultimately its your quick reaction timing that keeps you alive.

Yeah, I should probably expand the arena. It's smaller than a screen now.

For potions I'd suggest building a garden if you haven't already. Buy some planter boxes from the Dryad and plant all the seeds you have in them.

I've built a small one. Probably should get a bigger one. Also, I made a mistake and planted my one moonglow seed in the wrong place. And now I don't remember where moonglow grows, and I'm too lazy to check.

For other potion materials I'd just suggest taking a day where you do nothing but fish and gather non-plant materials for potions while listening to an audio book, or a podcast or something.

That... does not sound great, not gonna lie. But eh, we'll see.

I'd also suggest making flasks for melee weapons as they can inflict debuffs on enemies and bosses. You're in a Crimson world so you can make ichor flasks which'll drop the defense of any enemy greatly. Flasks are also much easier to make but only one type can be used at a time, so choose wisely.

Been making ichor flasks since the first mechanical boss, yeah.

Also experiment with all different types of weapons, I know you have a melee build going on but that doesn't mean other types of weapons wont prove useful.

Okay. But I tend to find it hard to let go when I find a weapon type I like in a game.

46 minutes ago, twilit of Christmas Past said:

shutup.png

/s

OOOOOOOO

You hit him with the Berwick Saga!

That's gotta hurt. He's literally allergic to that.

By the way, I'm stealing this. I can't believe I didn't come up with the idea to use this sooner.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Indeed. I was expecting Corrin to save him because they had a stronger bond this time but what actually happened just came out of nowhere.

You forgot the game you were playing? Shura's battle convo with Kotaro in Conquest is literally the only piece of good writing in the entirety of Fates.

Hey @Sooks since you've taken on the appearance of our favorite mad scientist, would you be interested in clicking on the link within the spoiler box? I promise I am not trying to steal your bank account or anything. Just do as Okarin would and click on the box without hesitation.

Spoiler

Now give me your home address like Okarin gave his to the shady blonde.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've built a small one. Probably should get a bigger one. Also, I made a mistake and planted my one moonglow seed in the wrong place. And now I don't remember where moonglow grows, and I'm too lazy to check.

Moonglow grows in the jungle.

Also the planter boxes are purely cosmetic in their differences so unless you want to make something that looks pretty, you can use just one type.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That... does not sound great, not gonna lie. But eh, we'll see.

It's better to do one slow and tedious task to stack up than stopping your progress to a halt after every boss just to collect one or two of each potion.

I'm not a huge fan of it myself but it lifts such a heavy load off your back in the long road, making the later game far more enjoyable.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay. But I tend to find it hard to let go when I find a weapon type I like in a game.

I get that but a good variety of weapons can be extremely helpful. Focusing on just one can take you far but it's like Pokemon types. You could have the most powerful Pikachu strategy but as soon as you're up against a good ground type, you're fucked.

...I've barely played Pokemon, I don't know why I used that analogy.

The point is certain weapons are good and bad in certain situations, even in boss fights it's good to switch weapons frequently.

On the topic of boss fights I'd try focusing on dodging more than on hitting but that's just me.

Also make sure to get the Flower pow from Plantera as I believe it's the best flail in the game.