Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Good, hopefully i can assist if needed!

Sure thing! Perhaps this will be the return of us agreeing on things, the end of the dark age and the Trailnoblade war.

Huxley? Haha that will be interesting!

If I recall correctly, I originally made him into a regular archbishop because I liked the attire. Priestly hats are always cool.

But no. Wolverine old guy is hilarious. I'm going for that this time. The rest... eh I'll decide in time.

Yeah total field range with all around amazing stats and every class type in one, and he has inheret infinite items haha. It's pretty funny how crazy that is though.

One of my first exposures to the game was a video detailing the process to get the class and then showcasing it. I remember the only thing that could even damage him was the final boss, from the back, with a height advantage. It dealt a grand 30 damage or something like that. Sheesh.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sure thing! Perhaps this will be the return of us agreeing on things, the end of the dark age and the Trailnoblade war.

If I recall correctly, I originally made him into a regular archbishop because I liked the attire. Priestly hats are always cool.

But no. Wolverine old guy is hilarious. I'm going for that this time. The rest... eh I'll decide in time.

One of my first exposures to the game was a video detailing the process to get the class and then showcasing it. I remember the only thing that could even damage him was the final boss, from the back, with a height advantage. It dealt a grand 30 damage or something like that. Sheesh.

It better be! XD

Yeah he does look pretty spiffy!

He will still look spiffy, just ripping opponents to shreds style instead!

As long as you keep up with equipment, yeah.

Edited by lightcosmo

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've played a whole 10 minutes. I have no idea how to bring up the map, but otherwise... Ehh, it's as I thought. It's Bloodstained but old. The game's age shows. But it's not bad by any means.

Not to mention Igarashi actually said during one semi-casual interview where people were playing the game that the pause menu is directly taken from the beta. There were plans to replace it with a stained glass aesthetic, but they weren't able to make that in time or something. -Just a fun fact.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Yeah although in my case, it didn't feel like it was the "final area". Gebelt or whatever being there, I thought this was gonna be a midgame boss and then you rematch him in the end.

Castlevania tradition says the final area has to be a throne room, or at least the fake final area. In the old games, Dracula himself always awaited there.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not to mention Igarashi actually said during one semi-casual interview where people were playing the game that the pause menu is directly taken from the beta. There were plans to replace it with a stained glass aesthetic, but they weren't able to make that in time or something. -Just a fun fact.

Ah so that's why it looks so oddly plain.

...No but seriously, is there a map? I think I pressed every single button and I couldn't find a map.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Castlevania tradition says the final area has to be a throne room, or at least the fake final area. In the old games, Dracula himself always awaited there.

Meanwhile Ecclesia: Random mine.

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah so that's why it looks so oddly plain.

...No but seriously, is there a map? I think I pressed every single button and I couldn't find a map.

There definitely is one. If you want to get the good ending+, you need to get a very high percentage of map completion even. And there's a powerful armor called Walk Armor that gets stronger as your map completion % goes up.

IIRC, it's the select button that brings it up.

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Meanwhile Ecclesia: Random mine.

Forgot that was an exception, with regards to the fake part. I think Harmony of Dissonance was another exception.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Ran into some unexpected emulator trouble. Not even big trouble, there's just this tiny graphical glitch that's noticeable enough to bother me. I tried switching emulators and it persists, so perhaps it's an issue with the rom.

...and then my parents decided we must leave to visit the family an hour earlier than intended, so I'll have to sit on this issue for a while. Oof.

Unbenannt.PNGVuucPL1.png

Odin Status:

Not Dank []

Dank [x]

A Myrmidon with cap'd Skill and Speed is normal. One with capped STR happens from time to time

But also with High HP and Def? Oh boi. Truely dank.

Not to mention Heartseeker from Dark Mage ensures he usually hits everything

Edited by Father Shrimpas

55 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Morning! I missed it, but how did your music go!?

It went pretty good, surprisingly! Thanks for asking.

I'm a bit sad, since I won't see anyone until next year, but it's knly a month or so.

57 minutes ago, Benice said:

It went pretty good, surprisingly! Thanks for asking.

I'm a bit sad, since I won't see anyone until next year, but it's knly a month or so.

Awesome! I think music is such an awesome passion, and its great that you enjoy it!

7bDPs8P.png

aGpQRuq.png

How fiting for the chill Conquest Lunatic run ™️ to be finished by one of the Dank chosen ones!

Especially since they were without equal the MVPs of the run then again Ophelia is the MVP of every run i use her in.

Odin dank, do the honors. It's your run

C4B456y.png

Edited by Father Shrimpas

I just noticed this but... Fie's Master quartz is "Zephyr" and Crow's was "Cypher" am I correct in assuming Cypher was a mistranslation of Zephyr? They have the exact same effect so im pretty sure hers is Crow's old one.

Back home, I am. It was my uncle's birthday, so he treated himself, and the rest of us, to some of his world-famous churros. I mean, not really world-famous, but they sure feel like they should be.

Anyway, back to working on the Vandal Hearts issue. I got a new emulator, Duckstation, which... honestly, from the few tests I've ran, it seems to work exactly the same as mednafen, only with a better UI. Mednafen doesn't have one to begin with, and Medlaunch, the external one I added, is a bit clunky still. Not only that, I could swear TRS worked just a tiny bit better in this one. I think I'll keep Duckstation even after I fix the Vandal Hearts issue.

Which... I'm still inclined to believe was my legal copy. Must've been a bad copy somehow. Duckstation handily includes a compatibility display in the game list. While Symphony's kind of a given for perfect compatibility (it's like, the most popular game on the console lol), TearRing Saga is also perfect even with the translation patch meddling with it, while Vandal Hearts had straight up zero compatibility. This strikes me as odd. So I called my uncle at Nintendo so he could call his cousin at Sony to forward me a new legit copy. It's coming now. Hopefully it works and I can start the game today. Won't play much, though, I want to get some Okarin time in.

3 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Unbenannt.PNGVuucPL1.png

Odin Status:

Not Dank []

Dank [x]

Still less impressive than my Sig's Haitaka

53 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

7bDPs8P.png

aGpQRuq.png

How fiting for the chill Conquest Lunatic run ™️ to be finished by one of the Dank chosen ones!

Especially since they were without equal the MVPs of the run then again Ophelia is the MVP of every run i use her in.

My Haitaka would not have needed the help.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Well, no, it wasn't my copy that was the problem after all. But I eventually found a way to fix it. I think this is the first time I've actually had to use emulator upscaling to fix an odd glitch with the native resolution... How strange.

Well, I'm glad that's over, at least, and I got a shiny new emulator with a better UI out of the deal. Now let's see some blood geysers.

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Time to return to the favourite right arm of the mad scientist!

You mean the pervert fatass who is usually standing to the right of the biggest idiot the world has ever seen?

I'd say that's a more apt description. Even if it's longer.