Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Ah, yes.

Ejgqilsb o

It begins.

@lightcosmo I think we can both agree the blood geysers are the best part of this game, right?

6 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

the one and only

Daru Super Hacker

Lab Mem #003

Lab meme #003, you mean. These guys are all memes.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Should I make Hana into a shrine maiden or would that be actually the worst decision of my entire life?

Capture a generic shrine maiden instead.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

lololololololol I forgot, we actually spare that guy.

So you know the guy who literally got the entirety of his blood shot up into the sky? He lived to beg for mercy and have it conceded to him.

This game is so silly. I'd forgotten how good it looked, too, for a PS1 game. These sprites are beautiful, and the animations are so over-the-top fun.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Man it's so edgy.

It's fucking wonderful, that's what it is.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

for sure! Too bad magic doesnt have that effect though, would be a lake instead of a geyser! 

Well, magic does have magic's inherent flashiness. But I love that they found a way to make melee flashy as well.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Where'd Diego go Ruben?

To the top of a cliff so he could get a clearer shot on Zoot. It left him at 1 HP! C'mon I'm not bad enough to lose someone in the first map lol

Just now, GuardianSing said:

Walked right into that one, didn't I?

Not only walked - you strutted into it.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Fate do you want to pick from Shrine Maiden anyway? Miracle?

In my previous playthrough I remember Hana being able to deal a lot of damage and dodge a lot of attacks but was pretty feeble and easy to kill if unlucky enough so I'm thinking Miracle would be good, Luck Rally ain't bad either.

Course I could also try and have Hana use a friendship seal or partner seal to a more offensive class but that might take a little while.

"You're right. There are lots of things wrong with this government..."

"Corrupt politicians, oppressive taxes and not enough police."

"The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer."

Well. This game's going places.

"An elite fighting force formed by the well known right winger, Hel Spites."

Oh, shit--

The elite force is currently massacring defenseless rioters

O H ,   S H I T--

8 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Pfff.

I'm gonna do it and pray that Hana remains a good samurai when I change her back.

Very well, then.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's fucking wonderful, that's what it is.

I was being joking, pretty sure I've seen the same video as you after all so I realise it's part of VH's style.

Looking at it's sequel, it does the weird thing where player and enemy move at once and it's art's more muted, bit of a shame.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

In my previous playthrough I remember Hana being able to deal a lot of damage and dodge a lot of attacks but was pretty feeble and easy to kill if unlucky enough so I'm thinking Miracle would be good, Luck Rally ain't bad either.

Honestly Miracle won't activate enough for it to be helpful imo.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, shit--

O H ,   S H I T--

Gaming being apolitical in the past is a lie.

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

eh...

Her Luck won't be high enough for it matter until really late tbh.

Waste of money & Seals imo

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Fie's CS III design is amazing, easily number 1.

Clearly you haven't seen her Kuro outfit.

She wears a lil' hat.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I just noticed this but... Fie's Master quartz is "Zephyr" and Crow's was "Cypher" am I correct in assuming Cypher was a mistranslation of Zephyr? They have the exact same effect so im pretty sure hers is Crow's old one.

Cypher and Zephyr are two different words.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

eh...

Her Luck won't be high enough for it matter until really late tbh.

Waste of money & Seals imo

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Honestly Miracle won't activate enough for it to be helpful imo.

Ah right, I forgot it's luck that activates Miracle.

Luckily I haven't done it yet so I'll work towards changing her to a more offensive class.

Maybe Hayato would fit the Miracle skill better, he has his luck maxed out at the moment in his base class.

Actually why is Hana's alternate class a shrine maiden? If the heart seal changes class based on personality why does the eager to fight warrior woman turn into a delicate healer who stays behind the front lines?

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Actually why is Hana's alternate class a shrine maiden? If the heart seal changes class based on personality why does the eager to fight warrior woman turn into a delicate healer who stays behind the front lines?

probably because Sakura's retainer or something

11 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

c30.png

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, shit--

O H ,   S H I T--

Games were totally apolitcal back in my day. /s

Just now, Armagon said:

c30.png

Same with Effie.

26 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I was being joking, pretty sure I've seen the same video as you after all so I realise it's part of VH's style.

Probably the one video that got me to try VH in the first place.

Looking at it's sequel, it does the weird thing where player and enemy move at once and it's art's more muted, bit of a shame.

Yeah, I cannot speak for its quality, but it doesn't look quite as... memorable as Blood Geysers: The Game.

25 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Gaming being apolitical in the past is a lie.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Games were totally apolitcal back in my day. /s

I like how you felt the need to make the same point twice

I love how blunt they were about it. Not only is he literally called Hel fuckin' Spites, he's also a "well known right winger." His son is also a sociopathic murderer who massacres unarmed rioters even after they surrender. Jesus Christ, guys, slow down.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Same with Effie.

That one kinda make sense when you consider her original personality. Japanese!Effie would switch to being a Troubadour, I can see it.

I like how you felt the need to make the same point twice

I thought I didn't post the first one for a second.

But no, I do feel the need to raise that one because protest is still given real short shrift in many places to this day, I still note that some Insulate Britain lads got arrested while the person who drove at them got invited to some openings- Alright, that's enough politics for now.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I love how blunt they were about it. Not only is he literally called Hel fuckin' Spites, he's also a "well known right winger." His son is also a sociopathic murderer who massacres unarmed rioters even after they surrender. Jesus Christ, guys, slow down.

There are people who would side with Hel Spites.

That's fucked up.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

That one kinda make sense when you consider her original personality. Japanese!Effie would switch to being a Troubadour, I can see it.

And even Eng!Effie does dedicate herself to Elise to the point I could believe her being willing to do so.

16 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

probably because Sakura's retainer or something

That would make sense if the other retainers did the same thing. Saizo is the only other that changes into the class of his master at the top of my head.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

c30.png

Hah! Good meme.

Fuck, I suck. I lost in the third map. Stupid miscalculation led to Ash eating two hits. I love that this game has gore portraits when characters die, it's a nice touch FE should've adopted a long time ago.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I thought I didn't post the first one for a second.

But no, I do feel the need to raise that one because protest is still given real short shrift in many places to this day, I still note that some Insulate Britain lads got arrested while the person who drove at them got invited to some openings- Alright, that's enough politics for now.

Game's from 1996. It's older than me. Think about that for a moment.

There are people who would side with Hel Spites.

I visited the tavern again before leaving town. There was a young guy there who did side with Hel Spites. This game is too relevant.

That's fucked up.

In fairness, he probably has a catchy slogan. "Vote for Hel, or there'll be hell to pay." See?

And with that, school is over until next year. (I mean, there’s a virtual today tomorrow, but lol, virtual days).

Hooray, a break to remind me of how alone I am! Now what to do with it…

In fairness, he probably has a catchy slogan. "Vote for Hel, or there'll be hell to pay." See?

I would expect "Let's give 'em Hel!" and the fans eat it up.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Game's from 1996. It's older than me. Think about that for a moment.

It's amazing the progress of 4 years.

Gaiden's older than me. It's impressive what strides were made in that time no matter how many difficulties arose for the devs going to 3D (much as Vandal Hearts wasn't going that way, they'd still have to make everything work at the angles they'd allow the player to rotate)).

(Okay fine the original FF4's also older, but that is a version I've never touched. Ask me which versions and I'll probably say mostly stuff from the 2000's)