• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

My household has been fostering a dog for almost two weeks now. I've mostly kept out of the management of the cute pup b/c I didn't ask for this, so it's only today that I discovered her teeth are sharp.😵 She's cute though. As a golden retriever mix with no health problems, she ought to get an owner fast, but so far, no hits. There's the chance we'll have to put up with her for Xmas, which some householders are finding entirely surprising. It wouldn't be a problem, were it not for a grumpy pint-sized codger who, while harmless to them, is nonetheless very unwelcoming it turns out, and is more likely to get himself hurt by the innocent and very playful puppy than the other way around.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't believe so, no. I could be remembering wrong but you have to destroy them in a certain order based on color.

Oh, so that's the trick. Thankies!😀

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yes, those reset chips you get at the end of each dungeon can be used in the central building of Rookie Harbor iirc.

Also keep in mind that each element has it's own CP to use, as each elemental form has it's own stats.

Shoulda realized this sooner.😅 Every game with finite-resource investment systems should have a reset feature. Alleviates fears of a wrongful allocation.

And yes, I noticed the stats & CP thing. The elemental Circuits looked a lot bigger and hence more difficult to determine best choices for.

8 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I have...no idea what I just watched.

The best character to ever grace your screen, Olivier Lenheim, eternal seeker of love and peace.

Stop, everyone!

Okarin time.

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Man, as i remember from watching it yeaaaaaaaaaaaaars ago, the woshipping Alm get's is almost Corn levels

No but it's fine because he's not an avatar. Though if you recall my impressions, I don't mind the Alm worshipping as much as the butchering of Celica. Fucking Conrad, I swear...

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

I like that lute he's holding.

I like it too. I like that lute better than Lute. That lute wouldn't shoot fireballs at a deeply depressed man because it fears he "threatens its superiority" or some bullshit like that, unlike Lute.

13 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Man, Echoes Story and writing truely a Masterpiece. TRUELY

"Sure Echoes's gameplay could be better but it's got a great story!"

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The best character to ever grace your screen, Olivier Lenheim, eternal seeker of love and peace.

Eh.

Not Garon/10.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ash: Ash is Ash
- Clint: Guardsman
- Diego: Airman
- Huxley: Wolverine
- Eleni: Also wolverine
- Kira: Bow(wo)man
- Grog: Swordsman
- Amon: Bowman
- Sara: Bishop

As for the two remaining characters, I intend to make them airman and sorcerer, respectively.

Now tell me how wrong my choices are.

I actually think your choices are fine, Clint being guardsman was the best choice though. If he isnt one, good luck in the prison chapter.

If anything, i would have made Eleni a mage class, but other than that, your fine!

Edit: what happened to Dolan?

Edited by lightcosmo

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I actually think your choices are fine, Clint being guardsman was the best choice though. If he isnt one, good luck in the prison chapter.

Huh, this is a bit surprising. From what I gather, people seem to consider guardsman to be plain worse than swordsman.

If anything, i would have made Eleni a mage class, but other than that, your fine!

In my last run I made them both sorcerers. It's probably the optimal choice, but I liked her ninja outfit too much not to make her go monk. Plus, her claw animations are hilarious. She just turns her arms into a whirlwind and then loses her balance after hitting the enemy. If I remember, I'll record a gif at some point, it's adorable.

Edit: what happened to Dolan?

I knew I was forgetting someone! Dolan's a guardsman too.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

If Echoes Story was as good as Fates gameplay, then maybe the gameplay would be acceptable...

Too bad it isn't.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like it too. I like that lute better than Lute. That lute wouldn't shoot fireballs at a deeply depressed man because it fears he "threatens its superiority" or some bullshit like that, unlike Lute.

As sharp as a mandolin slicer this.

-Not really. That is one of the weirdest dud supports I've seen. Although limitations of the GBA era made me envision her just randomly charging at him, she and her 3 Con. And a reminder that support quantity and quality have no inherent relationship, and that has never ever been a "golden age of supports" in FE.

20 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Man, Echoes Story and writing truely a Masterpiece. TRUELY

Maybe you should quit trying to like Echoes and admit it doesn't reverberate with you. At all.

Try finding something else to play. If not another FE, throw a list of genres/games in a randomizer and go with what the algorithm chooses.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe you should quit trying to like Echoes and admit it doesn't reverberate with you. At all.

honestly, the reason i didn't bounce off this time like i usually do with Echoes is because i am in a rpg mode (rather than srpg)

And in that regard Echoes does kinda scrath the itch, ya know? Everytime i tried it before i went in with the mindset that i want a FE, this time that isn't the case. That's probably the reason why i didn't bounce off like i usually do

That + boredom lol

Let's see how much i will play this time

You know, if I had to rank the characters in S;G, it would look something like this:

S tier: Mr Laughs Dumbly And Clicks Phishing Links And Spills The Secrets Of His Criminal Activity To Random Passersby

A tier:

B tier: Faris I guess

C tier: Mayuri Lukako Moeka and the one I'm forgetting, not necessarily in this order

D tier: Zombie

E tier: Daru "please don't really be a pedophile" Itaru

F tier:

We'll see how this changes after The Funny.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As sharp as a mandolin slicer this.

-Not really. That is one of the weirdest dud supports I've seen. Although limitations of the GBA era made me envision her just randomly charging at him, she and her 3 Con. And a reminder that support quantity and quality have no inherent relationship, and that has never ever been a "golden age of supports" in FE.

It's pretty hilarious how Knoll simultaneously has the best support in the game and one of the worst.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe you should quit trying to like Three Houses and admit it doesn't reverberate with you. At all.

If only I could send these words to myself from the past...

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

honestly, the reason i didn't bounce off this time like i usually do with Echoes is because i am in a rpg mode (rather than srpg)

And in that regard Echoes does kinda scrath the itch, ya know? Everytime i tried it before i went in with the mindset that i want a FE, this time that isn't the case. That's probably the reason why i didn't bounce off like i usually do

That + boredom lol

Let's see how much i will play this time

Remind me to try Trails again if ever I find myself in a RPG mood.

https://images2.imgbox.com/87/5d/aerldNvH_o.jpg

You know, I'd love to make some blood geysers right about now.

Not sure out of whose carcass.

They all kinda deserve it right now.

Wow this scene is bad-

70XU3E1B_o.jpg

Steins;Gate final impressions

0/10 awful game, I wish I had quit in time for a refund.

Next I will do my 7th run of Berwick Saga, in which I unlock the secret character Volcens and solo the game with him. Look forward to that.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I getcha. SRPG has it right in its name what it consists of Strategy (although technically, FE deals in Tactics, not Strategy) and Role-Playing-Game. The two components can differ in their balance from game to game.

Most SRPGs tend to approach from the RPG side of the equation IMO. For Fire Emblem, I do think the RPG side has grown relatively recently with the rise of reclassing and skill set shenanigans. Yet it in its origins, and to some extent to this day, it remains on the whole closer to an balance of S and RPG than some other games in the genre. Valkyria Chronicles for the sake of mentioning leans towards the S in my opinion.

Coming in with a certain mindset can possibly improve the mood, namely excusing poor/nonexistent map design in an SRPG. Because maps don't exist in an RPG, they're a requirement for the shift to SRPG, but sometimes something of an afterthought.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Steins;Gate final impressions

0/10 awful game, I wish I had quit in time for a refund.

I could try laughing at your suffering. But I'll be honest, I don't think I can. I absolutely can't say that wouldn't have been extreme cringe for me.

The only part of this scene I've enjoyed is Okarin desperately trying to lie to himself and avoid accepting the fact that he's gay. And even that's spoiled a bit by the knowledge that the writers are almost certainly not going to have the balls to stick to their guns and actually make him gay.

Everything else has made me regret choosing to close the day with this game rather than some blood geysers.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I could try laughing at your suffering. But I'll be honest, I don't think I can. I absolutely can't say that wouldn't have been extreme cringe for me.

Hey, if you laugh at my suffering, I can employ empathy to raise my own spirits. So please, do go ahead and give it your best shot.

Oh, okay, so Luka straight up suffers from gender dysphoria.

That was not the development I was expecting from this "haha the trap is wearing female clothes and he's making protag-kun sexually confused" animu gag.

...And why the fuck is Okarin the only one taking this seriously and actually trying to comfort Luka by telling them they're just fine the way they are and that he thinks no less of them regardless of gender? Okarin has the brain of a raccoon fetus! How is he the only one who's handling this like a decent person? What even is happening anymore? And when will the "funny moment" music stop!?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, okay, so Luka straight up suffers from gender dysphoria.

That was not the development I was expecting from this "haha the trap is wearing female clothes and he's making protag-kun sexually confused" animu gag.

...And why the fuck is Okarin the only one taking this seriously and actually trying to comfort Luka by telling them they're just fine the way they are and that he thinks no less of them regardless of gender? Okarin has the brain of a raccoon fetus! How is he the only one who's handling this like a decent person? What even is happening anymore? And when will the "funny moment" music stop!?

....So you're not done?

Well I fell for the review then.