Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I am done with Awakening, too, for that matter.

7f36elP.png

Update to the FE list.

Only remaining ones now to add are FE11, TRS and Birthright. All of which i bounced hard off, but didn't give a ''real'' try yet it like those on the list. Maybe one day

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, at least Camilla doesn't need to be rescued from jail like Zofia's so-called finest female knight.

The fact that there is a defense to be made for Camilla of all people compared to Echoes really says it all, doesn't it.

Yup. That's a thought i had in the last few days as well. For all the shit people give Fates writing, and for all the dumb fanservice it has...

it doesn't have any annoying damsels, and in supports the female characters do stand fine on their own.

Edited by Father Shrimpas

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Goddamnit! I fucking misclicked and ended turn instead of checking conditions! Ahh, crap.

In other news.

https://images2.imgbox.com/f5/13/dBwhmvWe_o.png

Why do spirits bleed...? This game is so silly.

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I know that people consider them meek compared to the mage line, but i don't think that they are unable to function, quite the opposite, really.

Well, the game's balanced well enough that anything works, even if mages are definitely better due to their broken spells.

10 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I am done with Awakening, too, for that matter.

7f36elP.png

Update to the FE list.

Wow, it's almost the worst FE now.

...Understandable.

Yup. That's a thought i had in the last few days as well. For all the shit people give Fates writing, and for all the dumb fanservice it has...

it doesn't have any annoying damsels, and in supports the female characters do stand fine on their own.

Camilla may be Camilla, but you know what? When the game establishes her as one of the continent's most powerful warriors, it actually sticks to its guns. She is an excellent asset when she's on your side and a terrifying foe when she isn't.

Then there's Echoes, where they try to tell you that Mathilda is kind of a big deal, but then she's introduced in the most disgraceful conditions possible, never does anything notable and then quits to be a housewife at the end of the game. What a waste.

Again, pretty sad that this is a comparison you can make where Fates comes out on top.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wow, it's almost the worst FE now.

...Understandable

I mean, that it fails at gameplay i could somehow accept if the Story/Characters/uniqueness somehow make up for it (like FE4). 

It doesn't even do it's suppossed story/characters strength well (not that i didn't know from watching it a few years back, but i didn't have it that bad in memory)

It's straight up nonsense that's ampilified even more by it's lack of gameplay.

• Everyone and their mother worships Alm just the same like they do Avatars in other games, or even more so. Only difference he isn't an avatar so people kinda overlook it?
  • Alm suppossed liberation of Zofia is nonsense. He somehow fights a bunch of bandits and a small outpost with a handful of Soldiers and that somehow made him the amazing leader of Rebellion that everyone looks up to? Hello? Am i the only one feeling a big dissonance between what you do in game and what the game tells you happened? In most other FE games, retaking the country will be a big part of the game (usually halfway through) with alot of events and atleast some hype maps to make it feel like a war, and not a gathering of bandits. Let's not look that far even, even Celica's part with Pirates had more happening in it that Alm's suppossed retaking of Zofia....
  • Speaking about Celica, our dear Priestess/Princess, the one who kicked down a pirate kingdom down without batting an eye and eats Dragons for breakfast, suddenly becomes a naive ''war bad'' girl when meeting Alm, and then had to be a damsel 10k times to be Conrad ex Machina'd and one up'd by Alm. 
  • Alm x Celica is Yikes. No chemistry, no interaction, only ''Childhood friends'' and ''Chosen ones'', which makes people pog or something
  • Purple people. PURPLE PEOPLE. Not even Garon was that funny lol.
  • Ah also Alm was a royal all along. Ya know, all that shit about being commoner and all yet Fernand was right all along 😄
  • Supports might as well not exist with how short and how not telling they are. 

Ü

Camilla may be Camilla, but you know what? When the game establishes her as one of the continent's most powerful warriors, it actually sticks to its guns. She is an excellent asset when she's on your side and a terrifying foe when she isn't.

Camilla could walk naked and nobody would leer at her without her permission if they didn't want an Axe in the head. She's strong enough to pack that up both gameplay and lore wise

6 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Oh god i am becoming a Camilla apologist. Look what Echoes is doing to me

Just do me one little favor-

Do not engage! Do not enrage! Restart no tired wars, else I'll send you through the floor.😃

Being an FE fan sucks when people bring out the same old polemics that have absolutely no chance whatsoever of persuading the other side.

Do something more productive with your time instead, like paying a good artist to draw a gender-swapped Camilla. I'd like to know if Camilo would appeal to me.😛

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do something more productive with your time instead, like paying a good artist to draw a gender-swapped Camilla. I'd like to know if Camilo would appeal to me.😛

I am pretty sure i saw one a few years back on the subreddit. maybe search there?

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Being an FE fan sucks when people bring out the same old polemics that have absolutely no chance whatsoever of persuading the other side.

*Edel/Rhea/Dimi intensifies*

Yeah dw i am not that passionate about Fates' characters to go in full war mode

46 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Hey, I wasn't expecting I'd find myself making an argument for Camilla either. Shit happens. Such is the choice of Stain's Door. El Piss Kagaroro and shit.

27 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Yeah dw i am not that passionate about Fates' characters to go in full war mode

You say that, and yet...

49 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Purple people. PURPLE PEOPLE. Not even Garon was that funny lol.

These words invite war, Shrimpers. Have you forgotten where you stand? This is the Garon apologist thread. I will not stand by this treasonous talk.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just do me one little favor-

Do not engage! Do not enrage! Restart no tired wars, else I'll send you through the floor.😃

The problem with such a long running series that is only becoming more relevant with time is that we have people discovering their least favorite FEs all the time. The conflicts never end.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

5AX13d1CnIzTSZvOxYcUhgJhY7j5tw2NkqaIfPoi

Second image I found on google.

The sauce.

Oh, I just got the CP charger for the SSS’s car.

…

The game is over now, isn’t it?

Also, it looks like Tio has higher ATS than Elie in this one! Hurray! Now she has a reason to exist! Yet Tio is the one who comes with the healing art master quartz, I need to give that to Elie and give Elie’s ATS master quartz to her.

Actually, I can just give Elie the speed master quartz and send the healing art one to the bench with Noel.

Edited by Sooks

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not bad, if looking unexpectedly less like armor, and more like ninja garb. Clearly, Garan tasked her elder son Camilo with leaving home as a child to join a ninja clan so as to learn Hoshido's secret arts, and then he helped kidnap Corrin. Afterwards, he continued to secretly work in Hoshido, waiting as a sleeper agent for the arrival of a new war against the country, paying the occasional visit to their homeland to see their beloved adopted sibling that they helped steal.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The problem with such a long running series that is only becoming more relevant with time is that we have people discovering their least favorite FEs all the time. The conflicts never end.

And this is why Nintendo is right to keep to keeps aspects of its long and storied catalogue inaccessible. If Path of Radiance continues requiring people to sell their organs to afford, then fewer people will be able hate on it, or hate other games for not being more like it. The tranquility of the cosmos will be preserved, and it must, at any cost.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, the game's balanced well enough that anything works, even if mages are definitely better due to their broken spells

Besides Ash, yeah I agree, it isnt too bad.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not bad, if looking unexpectedly less like armor, and more like ninja garb. Clearly, Garan tasked her elder son Camilo with leaving home as a child to join a ninja clan so as to learn Hoshido's secret arts, and then he helped kidnap Corrin. Afterwards, he continued to secretly work in Hoshido, waiting as a sleeper agent for the arrival of a new war against the country, paying the occasional visit to their homeland to see their beloved adopted sibling that they helped steal.

Unfortuantely, Garan is not a thing anyone's made if Google is to be believed. Plenty of young Garons, but no Garan.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And this is why Nintendo is right to keep to keeps aspects of its long and storied catalogue inaccessible. If Path of Radiance continues requiring people to sell their organs to afford, then fewer people will be able hate on it, or hate other games for not being more like it. The tranquility of the cosmos will be preserved, and it must, at any cost.

Hot take if I ever saw one.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Besides Ash, yeah I agree, it isnt too bad.

Vandalier Ash doesn't count because it's a reward for getting an obscure series of challenges that nobody is going to get in a regular run. As for regular Ash, while he is quite strong, it's only fair as he is the protagonist, and he's balanced in that if he dies, you lose, so you have to be more careful with him than the rest.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I’d be careful going in said gate, Ruben. Have you watered the flowers? Make absolutely certain you’ve watered the flowers. And make sure there aren’t any gardening shears lying around.

47 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is the Garon apologist thread

Teehee next generation: Jedah apologist thread

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Based Ninty working towards world peace

https://images2.imgbox.com/5f/cb/PM8br1Ys_o.png

I miss my archers. Both of them. Why did I have to go and make Diego a hawknight?

If you're wondering what the problem here is, that healer (who was the last enemy on the map, by the way) hopped on a tile that's too high for my melee units to attack him. Only ranged units can reach him... And since I've no archers, I had to plink away at his high-res butt with mages until he ran out of mana from healing himself and decided to charge Diego like an idiot. I was hoping he'd try to run away and leave the safety of the block, but the AI was actually smart and made him bunker down there to make me waste more time. Dangit...

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’d be careful going in said gate, Ruben. Have you watered the flowers? Make absolutely certain you’ve watered the flowers. And make sure there aren’t any gardening shears lying around.

Well, just beat the map. Aside from the healer mishap and a couple casualties on my side, it was mostly blood geysers for the enemy.

13 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Teehee next generation: Jedah apologist thread

Oh my God does that make me an elitist? The Garon elitist!? This is going too far...

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Vandalier Ash doesn't count because it's a reward for getting an obscure series of challenges that nobody is going to get in a regular run. As for regular Ash, while he is quite strong, it's only fair as he is the protagonist, and he's balanced in that if he dies, you lose, so you have to be more careful with him than the rest

How tf do you get Ash killed? Also, in the chapter where you gotta rescue Clint, Ash can die with no consequence.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's better the way Terraria does it, for example. Inventory menus don't pause the game (not by default at least), but the settings menu does pause the game. So you don't get the possibly unfair advantage of rearranging your inventory in the middle of a fight, but you also have a last resort in case real life interferes with the fight.

Not gonna lie, I just want a suspend feature, even if it takes, like, five seconds to activate.

Still, it's not a crisis. I can adapt to the differences.

3 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

you know what? I am done Ü

Like a Dragon time?

'Morning, all!

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

Currently don't have access to my xbox game pass account. Once i do it will be Like a Dragon time 😉 

Nice.

I would like to simply caution you that the game's really easy aside from a couple of areas, so perhaps brace yourself for a story-based experience.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The sauce.

I'm sorry, this just looks like what I'd imagine a son of Kaze and Camila would look like.

I've seen artistry of Camila looking about the same but with the simple difference of having all of her "parts" covered. A simple difference that makes her character design look 10 times better.

3 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

She had potential to be a really deep character with mommy issues and signs of depression but due to Fate's bad habits we got...well you know.