Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ah, yeah, that was fun. I guess that means it never comes back? That sucks, I thought it was a nice tool to have.

Yeah it doesn't although like Robert said, some characters do have long-range stun.

After a certain point, you can just kill enemies on the field without engaging in battle, provided you're high enough level.

16 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Variety and balance

You know me Shrimpy. I see lotsa numbers and the numbers are big and the little energy balls called neurons start lighting up in the hollow structure I call a brain.

11 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

JoJo isn't quite the same thing because it's divided into self-contained parts, so it's easier to take breaks between them. Other mangas don't have that mercy.

And that's why JoJo is great.

Not saying One Piece isn't but I have to wonder if half the length is justified. I refuse to believe Oda planned this all out 20 years in advance.

How do we know he ain't just writing it because Shounen Jump keeps holding his family hostage?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Having anyone other than the main character in the party lead is a crime against humanity.

TRUE

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh hey, you're back!

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Welcome back @Awakened_06_! Nice to see you again!

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Welcome back.

3 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

06 Is BACKKKKKKKKKKK!

Welcome back!

Jojos Bizarre Adventures Yes I Am GIF - Jojos Bizarre Adventures Yes I Am  Muhammed Avdol - Discover & Share GIFs

Thank you guys. Also

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Welcome back @Awakened_06_! Nice to see you again!

YOOOOOO BENICE YAKUZA KIWAMI IS GOOD

I am so glad for Spiderman.

Truly kino. The very defition of kino.

Clearly it was the conversation about women without pants that summoned you.

C'mon man, not like this...

I don't wanna be horny anymore... I wanna be happy (GTA Vice City Version)  - YouTube

@Awakened_06_ Welcome back! You missed quite a bit of Imouto supremacy^^

I saw the message you last ping'd me. Keep up with the good work👍

I have to read so much pages to catch up

I really gotta watch it huh. Everyone's singing it praises

If you are a Spider-Man fan and/or watched all of the previous movies, then it's a must-see. If you're not, then I don't think you'll be that thrilled.

31 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So you're saying watch it?

Well, if there's not a lockdown.

Which is likely here.

See above.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And there is a silver lining that the conflicts never end for FE.

It's the normal fandom discourse. Happened with Final Fantasy, happened with Resident Evil, and now FE. The problem is when the fanbase is small, so you'll be forced to engage with those people eventually. If the game or series in particular is obscure, the fandom develops some sort of "secret club" mentality where they think they're experiencing the best thing ever and thus have better taste than the others. It gets even worse when they call every other series shit because their own stuff isn't popular but when their stuff has gotten decent popularity, it's actually shit. Happened with Fire Emblem, happened with Jojo, happened with Trails.

22 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I wonder what exciting things I have to look forward to in the following games.

The very best girl in all of fiction once you get to 3rd.

...I haven't finished FC or even looked at SC yet, though.

2 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

If you are a Spider-Man fan and/or watched all of the previous movies, then it's a must-see. If you're not, then I don't think you'll be that thrilled

I watched the old ones, if that counts. The very old ones kek

I will watch the prequel to this tho if i decide to watch this

4 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YjaQ5j3uVNw

It's happening

If you are a Spider-Man fan and/or watched all of the previous movies, then it's a must-see. If you're not, then I don't think you'll be that thrilled.

You could enjoy it on it's own but it's definitely a "for the fans" kind of thing.

On the other hand, Into the Spider-Verse can be perfectly enjoyed with just the rudimentary knowledge of Spider-Man that everybody knows even if they aren't a fan so watch that instead of you don't feel like doing "homework" on seven movies @Father Shrimpas.

5 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

It gets even worse when they call every other series shit because their own stuff isn't popular but when their stuff has gotten decent popularity, it's actually shit. Happened with Fire Emblem, happened with Jojo, happened with Trails.

I haven't seen Fire Emblem fans call other series shit but I can definitely agree with you on JoJo.

Like it's my favorite animanga but the fanbase can get extremely cringe sometimes.

7 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

YOOOOOO BENICE YAKUZA KIWAMI IS GOOD

LET'S GOOOOOO

Glad you liked it!

I am 1/3 for people liking my game recommendations! You see, Sooks?! I am very good at game suggestions!

11 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

happened with Trails.

So Shrimpy says. Remember, I haven’t gotten to Cold Steel yet so the correct opinion on those games hasn’t been established.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

I am 1/3 for people liking my game recommendations! You see, Sooks?! I am very good at game suggestions!

I still want to get to Yakuza eventually ish!

Tfw you want to post the chest puns but they’re all minor spoilers.

Let’s just say the fanslators decided to turn the events of this chapter into chest puns for the chest messages. And it’s working.

23 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I watched the old ones, if that counts. The very old ones kek

I will watch the prequel to this tho if i decide to watch this

I recommend you to watch the Amazing Spider-Man duology, not only because Andrew is the best Spidey but because you need to know the events in order to understand some stuff.

I think the only movie you can safely skip is Homecoming, since is just a filler movie that they released to say "Hey, Spider-Man is in the MCU now!". There's almost nothing important there that carries over to Far from home or No way home.

30 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

It's happening

It's a shame that even my new notebook can't run it

At least I hope there's a Chad Shiki scene like this

rbOUFcl.jpg

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I haven't seen Fire Emblem fans call other series shit but I can definitely agree with you on JoJo.

I've seen FE fans shit on FF Tactics for example.

38 minutes ago, Benice said:

Glad you liked it!

Loved the setting and the Majima Everywhere system! I plan to buy Yakuza 0 when it gets on sale even though I already pirated it on my new note.

I just wanted the story to be told in a better way. Important events only happen at the end and I thought the villain was weak. Kiryu carried the game.

Also, @Saint Rubenio if you thought 0 was easy, maybe you should give Kiwami a try, as enemies are far more aggressive, evasive, and do more damage. Kiryu was also nerfed.

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So Shrimpy says. Remember, I haven’t gotten to Cold Steel yet so the correct opinion on those games hasn’t been established.

CS1 and 2 unironically good. Can't speak about the other 2.

33 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm pretty sure mine sit at zero.

Hey, I did play Another Eden! I just thought it wasn't that fun

Say a game, any game, and I download it right now as long as it runs on HD Graphics 4600

1 minute ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Hey, I did play Another Eden! I just thought it wasn't that fun

Say a game, any game, and I download it right now as long as it runs on HD Graphics 4600

Hence why it's at zero, it was a failure.

Well, it failed with Rubenio, so let's see how you fare with a SRW game.

1 minute ago, Awakened_06_ said:

just wanted the story to be told in a better way. Important events only happen at the end and I thought the villain was weak. Kiryu carried the game.

Ayup, it becomes much better with having played 0 first in my opinion, though Kiwami is just generally straightforward. And I can relate to the villain because he also never gets the ladies

Glad you liked the setting, though! The worlds of Yakuza tend to feel really alive because of how dense they are, at least to me.

I am interested to see what you'll think of 0's equivalent of the Majima everywhere system, though, and I really hope you enjoy it! 0's probably my favorite game ever, so I hope it blows you out of the water.

Also, @Saint Rubenio if you thought 0 was easy, maybe you should give Kiwami a try, as enemies are far more aggressive, evasive, and do more damage. Kiryu was also nerfed.

See, Ruben?! I told you so!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Don’t worry, you still have stuff to look forward to in your game.

It's nice to know that the purple-haired girl I just met will end up becoming playable. Probably soon, I would expect. I wonder if each chapter will have two party members in addition to Estelle and Joshua, since Scherazard and Olivier left at the end of Chapter 1.

56 minutes ago, Benice said:

The very best girl in all of fiction once you get to 3rd.

...I haven't finished FC or even looked at SC yet, though.

But how do you know that best girl is in 3rd if you (presumably) haven't played it? I may have declared Rixia best girl already, but I'm somewhat familiar with the games she's in.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

But how do you know that best girl is in 3rd if you (presumably) haven't played it? I may have declared Rixia best girl already, but I'm somewhat familiar with the games she's in.

She is such a bad unit that she is alone in a tier far below everyone else.

Truly, the perfect waifu.

24 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

CS1 and 2 unironically good. Can't speak about the other 2.

Oh, have you played them?

15 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It's nice to know that the purple-haired girl I just met will end up becoming playable. Probably soon, I would expect. I wonder if each chapter will have two party members in addition to Estelle and Joshua, since Scherazard and Olivier left at the end of Chapter 1.

Well, you’ll never have more than four party members at a time, but if you mean does every chapter have two party members… sorta kinda. You’ll see.

15 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Benice really likes using characters/units that are suboptimal, so when he heard you get a joke character in Sky 3rd (and the end of SC) he was over the moon.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

EZ4MaSE.png
My most OP item just got even more OP.

In the words of Shrimpy:

Ü

WHY DO ALL OF THE GREAT PUNS HAVE TO BE SPOILERS

Wow, you think those are insane? Just wait till CS, those dont compare at all. Not even close.

Pure, old fashioned goodliness.

Spoiler

ZFWhYvi.png

Chapter 2 of Azure is very good. A lot of climactic and action-y stuff happens. I’m excited to see where the story goes next.