Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

m not going to give S;G props for being as shitty as everyone else just because it was a while ago.

All S;G did was just show how the society at the time did think (and still does to a big extent). It didn't itself promote the shitty stuff as seen by how Okabe thinks.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Luka not Ruka, that is a crime against humanity is the one who read the vegetable thing and also the one who suggests it, and everyone else is kinda like “weeeeell if it’ll make you feel better”, which makes literally no sense because Luka won’t remember having sent it, but I guess it didn’t make sense in the first place, and this is more believable than this being the “genius girl’s” idea.

yup, just like i remember

see the anime literally removed/changed every Ruben complaint so far lol

Edited by Father Shrimpas

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dude, what's the problem here? It's an old game. It even has an emperor. He's named Hel Spites and he looks like Trump with a wig, but I'm sure you'd like him anyway.

There is no problem here, Rubenio. I’m just fascinated that while Rome burns you’re busy playing your lyre.

10 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

All S;G did was just show how the society at the time did think (and still does to a big extent). It didn't itself promote the shitty stuff as seen by how Okabe thinks.

Well... fair point, but the scene is still dumb.

9 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

see the anime literally removed/changed every Ruben complaint so far lol

Yes, well.

I'll get to enjoy the bad ending.

That, and scouring the internet for a good site to watch anime, then being arsed to watch anime would've been... Well, less than ideal.

7 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

There is no problem here, Rubenio. I’m just fascinated that while Rome burns you’re busy playing your lyre.

Oh, I see. A very Wraith problem indeed.

I made a mistake at the very end of the map and Clint died. So now I have to start from my latest map save, which is almost at the beginning.

How do I manage to do these things to myself in a game that can only be played on casual mode...

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How do I manage to do these things to myself in a game that can only be played on casual mode...

So you're trying to keep him alive for more than money?

Funny how this game punishes for Casual mode at all, but not so much as to be debatable if it is worth being called casual (see: the pseudo-casual mode of Dark Deity)

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

time to post anime?

ia18xlvlx0s71.gif

Posting this only because Fate has shipping:

Spoiler

I mean, it's the first one that actually felt halfway accurate in a while.

I don't even mean it about Fate specifically, please understand

Eh, that didn't take too long.

I can confirm that Ash does not, in fact, get a different death quote in the map where he's not the game over unit. He still goes "AAAAAAAAAAARGH" and then proceeds to perform a tactical retreat. It's weird, because Clint does get a different, more "deathy" quote for the two maps where his death game overs... But Dolan didn't way back when he also game overed in his join map. He just retreated and the game went with him.

So yeah, these have been your Vandal Hearts facts of the day. And now to bloodgeyser Dumas before he can write the Count of Montecristo and leave this stinky prison behind. I now have... almost the entire team. We've still got to get archer girl back. I do remember the circumstances in which she rejoins, but not the exact timing. Hope she doesn't take too long.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

time to post anime?

ia18xlvlx0s71.gif

I've already won, damn you.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Hah your tricks don't work on me, I like anime music even if I don't like anime.

...If you weren't playing along with the joke and were just posting this for the heck of it, still thank you. Cool moosics.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Animeposting for Ruben?

9CDBG8F.png

Staph!

Oh hey, it's Team Rocket from Trails.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So you're trying to keep him alive for more than money?

No, this just happens to be one of the two maps where Clint is a game over unit.

So, uh yeah. Oof.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Funny how this game punishes for Casual mode at all, but not so much as to be debatable if it is worth being called casual (see: the pseudo-casual mode of Dark Deity)

Vandal Hearts showers you in so much money and the penalties are so negligible that there's honestly little incentive to play perfectly. If anything, it just serves as a way to balance Ash. Sure, he's more powerful and well-rounded than the rest, but if you get too carried away with him, you lose, which isn't neat.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Do I make Darius into a bowman because I like archers better than fliers in this game, or do I make him a flier for the funnier sprite?

You like archers.

You have multiple funni.

Archer is my rec.

Just now, Dayni said:

You like archers.

You have multiple funni.

Archer is my rec.

I'm leaning archer too. Fliers just aren't that great in Vandal Hearts, they can't even fly over walls or steep slopes, they can only hover over water. Also, they're pretty squishy and their damage is very average. Diego would suffice as a flier, I'd say. Three archers would be pretty wonderful.

Still, I'll sleep on it and choose tomorrow.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Damnit, now I have to decide. Do I make Darius into a bowman because I like archers better than fliers in this game, or do I make him a flier for the funnier sprite?

@lightcosmo help me decide. I'll do it tomorrow.

The funny one.

5 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Infact he is worse than Avatars in some cases as i don't remember any of the Avatars having to save Damsels so many times like Alm did.

Tbf, the avatars were written after Kaga's time.

I've said this before but i kinda let some of Echoes' writing issues slide because, despite any expansions it might've done, it's still tied to a 1992 story written by a guy with a DID fetish. I would not be making the same excuses if it was in fact a brand-new game.

4 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

LBezigf.png

I am honored to be a commander haha.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Come on game, stop taunting me with Rixia’s goodness! Just get to that part already!

Don't worry Sooks, you'll get to the really detailed Rixia sex scene soon enough.

3 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

t. Hatsuho fan

I see you are a man of culture as well 06.

Honestly, if SW6 didn't railroad you so much into picking Sakura, i would've gone with Hatsuho or Anastasia.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Are we comparing to Sky or a standalone rating here? That matters... Alot.

Bro you ranted on CS1 like half the time and you still gave it an 8/10.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Oh, something for the Sylvester McCoy boys, there's a beta for VSII in Japanese right now.

I am very glad my nickname for the game has caught on.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I am very glad my nickname for the game has caught on.

Or worse: Vestaria II Sylvester McBoogaloo

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Don't worry Sooks, you'll get to the really detailed Rixia sex scene soon enough.

Okay, so I may have worded that slightly problematically, but there’s absolutely no indication that— 

4 hours ago, Sooks said:
4 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

so who did you cream?

I picked Rixia.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

've said this before but i kinda let some of Echoes' writing issues slide because, despite any expansions it might've done, it's still tied to a 1992 story written by a guy with a DID fetish. I would not be making the same excuses if it was in fact a brand-new game

Maybe it's because my stance on remakes are different than most, but i'd prefer it if remakes didn't carry over every falt from the OG. I'd prefer it if remakes weren't even faithful. Just faithful to the spirit of the game and not just the game HQ'fied with minor changes.

Also Kaga didn't write Conrad Ex Machina

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Thors vice prinicipal Sooks self insert confirmed?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay, so I may have worded that slightly problematically, but there’s absolutely no indication that— 

Congratulations Sooks, you played yourself.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Maybe it's because my stance on remakes are different than most, but i'd prefer it if remakes didn't carry over every falt from the OG. I'd prefer it if remakes weren't even faithful. Just faithful to the spirit of the game and not just the game HQ'fied with minor changes.

I agree to an extent. Cause if you go to far, might as well just make a brand new game instead.

Just now, Sooks said:

So, if I was supposed to recognize the seventh anguis’ voice I didn’t, because every voice actor or actress gets two lines in this game.

Tbf, this is the first Trails game with voice acting that isn't just limited to S-Crafts.

Also, it's JP only so that would be harder to recognize.

The irony that even with all that Kaga still wrote Celica better than the remake did. Even if admittedly it was barebones.

Not to mention, he also had her rescue several guys in distress (Valbar, Leon, Kamui, Jesse, Atlas' brothers, etc.) even if not as many as Alm was saving girls.

Edited by Acacia Sgt