Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

From the sounds of it, it was definitely Episode I, as that game would have the longest total length of cutscenes....or at least it did until it was dethroned by Xenoblade 2.

I can definitely do a write-up of the series if you're interested though not right now as i leave for work soon.

Haha, would make sense too, starting with the first game. The first cutscenes pretty much felt like we were watching a movie from what I recall XD

For sure! I'd be interested in reading your thoughts on it when you get the time 😃

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

America Chavez?

They called her America Chavez?

I hope I'm misunderstanding something here.

Yes that is in fact her actual name because comic books.

1 minute ago, Lorneus said:

Haha, would make sense too, starting with the first game. The first cutscenes pretty much felt like we were watching a movie from what I recall XD

I think one of them straight-up just had a save screen show up as an intermission.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

America Chavez?

They called her America Chavez?

I hope I'm misunderstanding something here.

I think she's also supposed to get the monicker "Miss America" so maybe something like a stand-in for captain America? I've just barely skimmed through context for her so I don't know much. 

1 minute ago, Lorneus said:

I think she's also supposed to get the monicker "Miss America" so maybe something like a stand-in for captain America? I've just barely skimmed through context for her so I don't know much. 

Don't know about the stand-in for Captain America part (much like Ms. Marvel has no relation to Captain Marvel i think) but yeah, Miss America is her superhero name.

44 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I will possibly play through CS again with mods to make the game interesting, though. Maybe my opinion on some things can be made better when it comes from people with actual intelligence. 

Or, play good games with mods instead Ü

Well, there're no music mods afaik (or there weren't when i was still in the fanbase) for CS, but you can mod them yourself pretty easily

Example CS3

Trails of Cold Steel 3\data\bgm\opus

There the ost is stored

you just gotta replace the files with the files you want, and have them in opus format, and either loop them yourself or have an extended version.

The battle tracks are at around ed8451 

Story is unfixable, gamplay has some balance mods that make it much better, but it never reaches Sky/Crossbell levels imo

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m in the Nord field study

let me remember...The spider? You are having trouble with the spider, really?

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hmm…

you can also stack same type stat quartz btw

10 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

let me remember...The spider? You are having trouble with the spider, really?

No, I haven’t fought a spider. I’m stuck on the stone golem/humanoid thing, the second quest monster (the one for the northern highlands).

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is a ProZD skit

But Shrimpy wouldn’t say any part of Cold Steel is challenging.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

except Sooks ain't a Newbie, he shouldn't need my advice 😛

I am new to however stay resistances/effectiveness is calculated, being able to stack whatever quartz, and impede causing delay and having no money. This one is pretty different from the games that came before it.

In precious trails games, when something would completely destroy my party it would be time for lichtkreis/aura rain, but I don’t have anything like that here.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

am new to however stay resistances/effectiveness is calculated, being able to stack whatever quartz, and impede causing delay and having no money. This one is pretty different from the games that came before it.

You playing Cold Steel

7r81xql9xfs41.jpg

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m stuck on the stone golem/humanoid thing, the second quest monster (the one for the northern highlands)

...i don't remember him, but weren' Golems really weak to certain elements?

Like really really weak?

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

In precious trails games, when something would completely destroy my party it would be time for lichtkreis/aura rain, but I don’t have anything like that here.

You have more powerful healing abilities, crafts and Arts now. You don't need Lichtkreis or Aura rain.

Also Elliot has a Lichtkreis iirc

Edited by Shrimpresident

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

You playing Cold Steel

7r81xql9xfs41.jpg

I actually have power, the problem is that the bosses have more. Way more.

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

...i don't remember him, but weren' Golems really weak to certain elements?

Like really really weak?

Nope, wind is normal effectiveness and every other element is below 100.

He deals tons of damage and likes to spam an attack that hits the entire field btw.

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

You have more powerful healing abilities, crafts and Arts now. You don't need Lichtkreis or Aura rain

More powerful healing abilities that I can’t use when everyone is K.O.’d because they don’t cure K.O., except the stuff that does doesn’t heal that much other than items that I should save, and oh, I’m already dead.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He deals tons of damage and likes to spam an attack that hits the entire field btw

You have Millium

She starts with Guard

She also has Admantine Guard iirc. Earth Guard that boss

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

More powerful healing abilities that I can’t use when everyone is K.O.’d

I honestly really have a hard time believing that. Also Eliot has a Lichtkreis, if you have him

5 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

You have Millium

She starts with Guard

She also has Admantine Guard iirc. Earth Guard that boss

So if he would attack her that would be great, instead of attacking everyone else.

She’s got a craft that lets her give herself craft guard, but no adamantine guard, I think. If adamantine guard has a different name in this game she might, I don’t remember seeing it though.

if you have him

:’)

You get Rean (duh), Alisa, Emma, Gaius, Jusis, and Millium.

Edited by Sooks

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

She’s got a craft that lets her give herself craft guard, but no adamantine guard, I think. If adamantine guard has a different name in this game she might, I don’t remember seeing it though

Admantine Shield.

You should be able to synth it. I never used it tho lol, except when i was 40 levels underlvld in CS2.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Worst MC, Alisa, Emma, Gaius, Jusis, and Millium.

Bolded have Delay. Unless one didn't get it yet

Put Millium in the front to aggro the boss. Jusis should be on Noble command duty, Emma/Alisa on healing/Magic, 2 should delay lock it. It shouldn't be immune. Resist yes, but not immune.

Emma even has a revival craft ala Ries iirc. Alisa can give your whole Team insight for 50% Evasion.

Alternatively: Double buff STR, Burst with S-crafts

Edited by Shrimpresident

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yes that is in fact her actual name because comic books.

Miss America, Captain America, Miss Marvel, Captain Marvel, Superman, Superwoman, Supergirl, Spiderman, Batman, Aquaman, literallyfuckingwhateverman... You know what they don't have, though? Creativeman.

12 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

Geofront already exists. NISA just bought the fantl

I'd rather wait for the Switch version to release, and it's not like I won't have anything to play beforehand. Heck, even Breath of the Wild 2 and Chris Pratt Mario will probably be released by then.

12 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

You can technically play CS1 and 2 before Crossbell, since they happen around the same time.

I was considering that, if the mood struck me, but that's still a ways off. I happened to watch a getting into Trails video before getting FC, so I know CSI and II are largely self contained. I still cannot finish Cold Steel until after Azure however.

I was smart enough to get into the series after it was announced that every game will get an English release, truly my wisdom knows no bounds. Or maybe I should've waited until after Reverie released...

12 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Erwin would definitely be on Eren's side : r/titanfolk

"Cause at the end of the day, long as there's two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead." -the Sniper

9 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Bolded have Delay. Unless one didn't get it yet

Gaius doesn’t yet.

Put Millium in the front to aggro the boss. Jusis should be on Noble command duty, Emma/Alisa on healing/Magic, 2 should delay lock it. It shouldn't be immune. Resist yes, but not immune.

What’s noble command again?

Emma even has a revival craft ala Ries iirc. Alisa can give your whole Team insight for 50% Evasion.

I don’t think Alisa has unlocked that ability either.

Alternatively: Double buff STR, Burst with S-crafts

I would get wrecked immediately after doing that.

What’s noble command again?

...that explains everything

everything

+25% STR/SPD/ATS

Also check your Alisa craft list again

I would get wrecked immediately after doing that.

doubt.

Unless your Team is like really slow

Edited by Shrimpresident

Just now, Shrimpresident said:

...that explains everything

everything

+25% STR/SPD/ATS

I'm wondering. In that game, does ATS stand for the speed at which your delayed commands are activated? With there being a speed stat, that's the only conclusion I could come up with, but I'm translating it to attack speed and it just sounds wrong in my brain for magic and stuff XD

Also, being able to stack haste does seem pretty ridiculous (especially since Rean seems to have a high enough damage output to not fall behind in damage compared to the other characters WHILE using haste spells), except if the bosses do so as well, though I haven't seen it in the video you posted, and by your general opinion of the game's difficulty, I imagine they don't tend to do so that much? Or just don't have the time to do it because you get fifteen million turns before they can act in general. It's kinda weird they did that, tbh. Haste is a very good mechanic that can sometimes cheese fights in JRPGs in general. Extending its power seems a bit ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

In that game, does ATS stand for the speed at which your delayed commands are activated?

Nope. ATS is magic (or Arts strength)

3 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

except if the bosses do so as well, though I haven't seen it in the video you posted, and by your general opinion of the game's difficulty, I imagine they don't tend to do so that much?

they could stack if they cast buffs...

they usually don't, or don't get the chance to

As you saw in the video, the boss didn't get to attack even once

Edited by Shrimpresident