Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just use Latin then

Some people use Latine which......still doesn't work but at least that one's actually pronounceable.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

The last one i faced had a whole mini dungeon before it without checkpoint ugh

Jesus Christ.

Hearing that makes me just want to ignore it and play other Metroidvanias instead. 

3 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

yup

What timeline is this where I'm agreeing with you that Sooks shouldn't be having that much trouble?

• Replies 177.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FIh4ZXBXMAE1RON?format=jpg&name=large

$15 at GameStop, that's pretty neat. @Benice i think you like this type of game.

Yup. My main complaint with it is that the loading screens after deaths were very long. Other than that, pretty fun. I didn't get that far into it because there are a lot of gamepass games I wanted to get into, but I indeed enjoyed it a fair bit.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

image0.jpg?width=399&height=432

If I'm being honest, I have no problem with the attempt to kind of de-gender languages, if only so that I don't have to deal with learning what nouns are feminine or masculine in french, because I do think that languages adapting to suit times isn't a problem-I don't think it's a crisis if instead of using il/elle in french it becomes just "iel"*, the language functions the same. It'll certainly cause headaches at first, but languages certainly change over time naturally. We don't often see people using þ in english anymore, alþough it used to make a "th" sound instead of, well, "th".. I really should use þ more often, it's fun to use. (With that being said... I don't think "Latinx" is a good choice for a nongendered name. It just doesn't sound like Spanish at all. And saying hello to your Amigxs would be really hard.)

Not excusing these people, they are being extremely toxic. I don't think the language being called "German" in English should be a cause for conflict.

*I think this is still the accepted neutral pronoun, but I could be wrong.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, wait, no. Hispanic is a no-go because it's Hispanic and Herpanic. So they'll censor it to Hxspanic.

Good thing Panic is universal, we can just call it "panic" and it includes everyone.

AAAAAAAAAAAA

This game is so fucking good.

I'm feeling the Berwick craze all over again.

Okay so last time, I made both women into tanks with axes and broadswords because I'm that kinda guy. This time, I'll make the old man into my tank and have the first woman fire a bow from the skies. Pike will shoot spells, so I can make use of the hidden mechanic where his shiny bald head reflects the light of the sun for added power. Not sure about the rest yet.

Sounds nifty. Of course, the equipment system being what it is, I can just change my mind later on.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Senno sounds like ceno, which is the Spanish word for breast. And you said have two Sennos.

Have two breasts.

Not ceno. Seno. Senno is literally just "breast" in Spanish with an added n.

35 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

As Shrimpy said, well said. The thought process removal in a game just invalidates any creativity in the end, because as much creativity as you want to infuse in the game, you know it was never intended to be useful in any way.

Thanks! ❤️

I know i might be a bit more "extreme" than some, but i think these should be a no brainer!

Ofc fun should be first and foremost.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Hmm

say, did the quest had a long time where it's available? Trails has alot of quests where it's available at the beginning of the section but you can do it the end of it (the ones with LONG)

I don’t remember, but literally all that was left after you could do the request was the end of the chapter dungeon, so you pretty much had to do it.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What timeline is this where I'm agreeing with you that Sooks shouldn't be having that much trouble?

The timeline where we couldn’t agree more on Trails music.

Edited by Sooks

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

because I do think that languages adapting to suit times isn't a problem

The problem is that people want it to happen overnight when that shit takes centuries. Also

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

We don't often see people using þ in english anymore, alþough it used to make a "th" sound instead of, well, "th".. I really should use þ more often, it's fun to use.

English is also not a gendered language so the comparison falls flat.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not ceno. Seno. Senno is literally just "breast" in Spanish with an added n

Imma be honest, I always thought it was spelled with a C.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Jesus Christ.

Hearing that makes me just want to ignore it and play other Metroidvanias instead

it's fun when battles are going on, but stuff likes that just makes me want to stop playing

Especially with the games's death mechanic

To explain, if you die you lose all your money and part of your energy bar. To regain them you need to go to the last place you died and attack your ghost...

It's just a pain

Especially when a boss is involved

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The same timeline where we both like XB2 over XB1 and actually think Origami King is good xD

Just now, Armagon said:

Imma be honest, I always thought it was spelled with a C.

Well, you were wrong. You could say we disagree. Except I'm 100% objectively right this time. Like every other time. Meaning nothing has changed, and all is as it always is.

...No but jokes aside, it's seno. "Ceno" is the first person, present singular form of the verb "cenar", which means "to dine." For an example, "ceno un seno" translates to a predictable joke.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

The problem is that people want it to happen overnight when that shit takes centuries.

It took centuries when countries were months away from each other and communication was largely through mail, but more organized change is certainly possible now. Heck, as an example, look at the very topic we're discussing: Gender identity. Just ten years ago, it was barely even a discussion. It's a decently big deal now.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

English is also not a gendered language so the comparison falls flat.

It's not about gender, it's about adapting to fit the world. English changed because of printing-presses from France not having þ. It's somewhat of a similar situation here. This time, it's english people changing a language that they don't understand, though.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Especially with the games's death mechanic

To explain, if you die you lose all your money and part of your energy bar. To regain them you need to go to the last place you died and attack your ghost...

It's just a pain

Especially when a boss is involved

Oh for fuck's sake, that reminds me of a kinda mid Metroidvania called Ghost 1.0. When you die, you lose all your money and items you got before saving, the latter of which can maybe be regained if you reach the spot where you died.

This sounds like a worse version of that.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

The same timeline where we both like XB2 over XB1 and actually think Origami King is good xD

The good timeline.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For an example, "ceno un seno" translates to a predictable joke.

Heehee.

Anyways tbf, cenar is probably the reason why I thought seno was spelled with a c.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

It took centuries when countries were months away from each other and communication was largely through mail, but more organized change is certainly possible now.

Actually I'd argue it takes even longer now because it's so easy to read about a language's general structure,  even if you don't speak it yourself.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

It's not about gender, it's about adapting to fit the world.

Is it really fitting the world when Latinos would actually rather be called a slur than Latinx?

GKz4WnG.jpg
Oh, here it is.

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

But you know that i love Witches and don't like her, right?

How can she be a witch then?

She has the scariest dark magic of all: being a member of Rean’s harem.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

She has the scariest dark magic of all: being a member of Rean’s harem.

damn you got me

You Joke but she's the one i shipped the most with Rean, lol

Until CS3/4 just threw out all her potential...well, and being part of Rean's blackhole made me hate her more

wether she's a witch or not i won'T answer 😛

Edited by Shrimpresident

9 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

wether she's a witch or not i won'T answer 😛

She has magic and a black cat, she is one whether she wants to admit it or not.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways tbf, cenar is probably the reason why I thought seno was spelled with a c.

Well, in Spain the c sound is either "th" or "kh" depending on its placement ("th" in cenar) - completely different from the s sound either way.

I know it works a bit differently in Latin America, though. Overthere it's probably an understandable confusion, there are a lot more letters that use the "s" sound.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is it really fitting the world when Latinos would actually rather be called a slur than Latinx?

Oh no, Latinx is horrible. Replacing noun endings with "x" just makes pronunciation terrible. "Oh yeah, I'm popping down to Lxs Angelxs". Saying that aloud would be dreadful. I think reforms as a whole aren't bad, but that doesn't excuse the sheer ignorance of inserting "latinx" and the like into Spanish.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Actually I'd argue it takes even longer now because it's so easy to read about a language's general structure,  even if you don't speak it yourself.

Try saying "sus" to someone from 2019, they'll have no clue what you're talking about.