Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

13 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

...that explains everything

everything

+25% STR/SPD/ATS

Also check your Alisa craft list again

Actually I hadn’t been using Jusis this entire field study since he was the least relevant here.

Well kinda tied with Emma.

doubt.

Unless your Team is like really slow

It’s more like, that will do enough damage to get the boss to the HP threshold where he will start spamming AoE and I won’t be able to kill him fast enough to not die.

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Nope. ATS is magic (or Arts strength)

Aaaah, okay, yeah. That makes more sense.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

they could stack if they cast buffs...

they usually don't, or don't get the chance to

I mean, there are other ways to offset uber party buffs, like making the enemies way stronger than the party and stuff, but even then the fact the... was it break? mechanic exists to prevent enemies from acting for a turn... Apart from immunity that doesn't balance well with stacking haste. It does give buffers more of a role at least. I find it tends to be mitigated in most JRPGs, though when they're useful, they also tend to be crucial.

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

Also with how the formula works, +25% buff is pretty major. It's more like 50-70% damage increase. +50% can easily go to double-Triple damage

That's... a strange formula? Does your power multiply with your weapon's strength or something?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s more like, that will do enough damage to get the boss to the HP threshold where he will start spamming AoE and I won’t be able to kill him fast enough to not die.

easy then, damage to HP threshold then Burst him down. S-craft are hilariously broken in CS

All deal Colonel level damage in Aoe

7 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

here are other ways to offset uber party buffs, like making the enemies way stronger than the party and stuff

How they did it in older games, and thus you had to manage buffs and debuffs to stay on par with the enemy

Here's a boss fight from Crossbell. As you see, i had to manage buffs, debuffs, heals and stuff. I never had to do that in the other video.

Not super hard. but still some thought put into it.

After CS i went to check the stats in the Notebook to see why game is so easy. In Sky Bosses really outsped you and you had to buff yourself to be able to stay on par (and even then they still outsped), in CS there was exactly 1 boss faster than Party average. My Party just outsped everything, and if you couple in buffs, debuffs, and the much more broken skills the new games offer...

yeah...

break? mechanic exists to prevent enemies from acting for a turn

Faint, not break. I stun locked her, basically, which shouldn't have been possible.

Break was introduced in CS3 and it made everything even easier. It sucked so much.

That's... a strange formula? Does your power multiply with your weapon's strength or something?

damage formula is something like 3x str - 1.8 def (this is not the exact formula), so a 25% str buff is big, 50% is huge

Edited by Shrimpresident

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

20220106_232253.jpg?width=295&height=431

Why do people assume Latinx is a thing that's got that much clout?

I really do not get it.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

America Chavez?

They called her America Chavez?

I hope I'm misunderstanding something here.

I mean, America Ferrera's a real person.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Although you forgot orders, Shrimpy.

Ugh

right

don't remind me

I don't even know why they added this

why did they keep giving the players tools without giving the enemies anything to compensate?

And honestly, the concept of Orders was just utterly borken. Free buffs that can last for turns without any subsantial cost wtf.

Atleast Master Arts in Ao has one of your Party Members in perma cast state to provide the buffs

Edited by Shrimpresident

15 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Here's a boss fight from Crossbell. As you see, i had to manage buffs, debuffs, heals and stuff. I never had to do that in the other video.

Not super hard. but still some thought put into it.

Faint, not break. I stun locked her, basically, which shouldn't have been possible.

Hmmm... Well, the things that I noticed were mostly that spd dwn on the enemy didn't seem to ever provide you double turns, though they seemed the speedy type, so maybe having multi turns was one of their gimmicks. Other than that, your EP/CP gauges seemed to go down, which I didn't notice at all in the other video (maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention on that front though). You seem to constantly be using delay in this fight as well, with the red haired guy, probably explaining his lack of damage output in general compared to the others. I imagine that AGL is for evasion, since SPD also exists? Other than that I didn't notice you using many buffs, contrarily to the other game where that was about half your actions. I guess buffs vs debuffs utility got a bit reversed in later games?

What's the difference between break and faint? Does break prevent them from acting and reduce their stats or something? Does it last longer? 

23 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

damage formula is something like 3x str - 1.8 def (this is not the exact formula), so a 25% str buff is big, 50% is huge

That's certainly... something? Idk, it just seems a little randomly confusing to me, like you'd expect a 25% buff to do roughly 25% more damage, not 75%. I mean, once you know the type of formula, it works, it just seems like a strange choice to me XD

3 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

What's the difference between break and faint? Does break prevent them from acting and reduce their stats or something? Does it last longer? 

Faint gives auto crits and break gives auto link strikes. And break dispels all enemy buffs and makes them lose 1 turn.

And broken enemies lose defence.

Ofc crits give link strikes anyways.

Edited by lightcosmo

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Faint goves auto crits and break gives auto link strikes. And break dispels all enemy buffs and makes them lose 1 turn.

Ofc crits give link strikes anyways.

Wait... that boss also lost a turn because of faint, from what I understand. And if faint gives auto crit, and enemies don't have the time to buff themselves anyway, I'm confused as to why Break is considered more broken than faint. Is it just easier to accomplish?

18 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Well, the things that I noticed were mostly that spd dwn on the enemy didn't seem to ever provide you double turns

Yeah i had to manage buffs/debuffs to stay on par with them in older games, other wise i would've got double turned

Other than that, your EP/CP gauges seemed to go down, which I didn't notice at all in the other video

CP intake in newer games is hella broken

EP regen MQ make EP a non issue

You seem to constantly be using delay in this fight as well, with the red haired guy, probably explaining his lack of damage output in general compared to the others

Yes, but if you look carefuly i could only delay the clones, the main boss is immune to delay and status and kept attacking

Guess what i can do in newer games? Delay boss to infinity.

I imagine that AGL is for evasion

yup

I guess buffs vs debuffs utility got a bit reversed in later games?

Newer games it's much much much easier to apply buffs to self/party, what's with op stuff like Noble command. 

Older games some bosses you can debuff, some bosses you can't. Variety. That boss could be debuffed.

In Sky i needed to both buff myself and debuff enemy (if possible). Like it's name says, Nightmare mode.

like you'd expect a 25% buff

what's buffed is the stat, not the damage output

12 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Wait... that boss also lost a turn because of faint, from what I understand. And if faint gives auto crit, and enemies don't have the time to buff themselves anyway, I'm confused as to why Break is considered more broken than faint. Is it just easier to accomplish?

Break also makes bosses take much more damage and get delayed quite a bit. Basically makes it even easier to burst them down, which was already easy to begin with

Edited by Shrimpresident

They've been arguing Niles v Mozu for days at the Unpopular Opinion thread.

If I didn't want to stay far away from that dumpster fire, I'd jump in, because I'm fairly certain nobody's brought up Capture yet and that's just a disgrace.

Also I'm surprised the Fates unit argument hasn't transformed into a Fates story flamewar yet

1 hour ago, Shrimpresident said:

Honestly, i have half a mind to download CS and get Sooks save file and record the fight, but i really really don't wanna touch CS ever ever again

Maybe if a mod removes Rean i might

Put a Derrick sticker on the screen and pretend Rean's actually the most based person in the history of mankind.

44 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I mean, America Ferrera's a real person.

My deepest condolences.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah i saw lol

I wanted to jump in myself, but eh, i rather stay away from there tbh

because I'm fairly certain nobody's brought up Capture yet and that's just a disgrace

Ultility has been brought up somewhere i think

Edited by Shrimpresident

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My deepest condolences.

Pretty sure she's rich enough that she doesn't need them.

My contribution:

Oh yeah i saw lol

I wanted to jump in myself, but eh, i rather stay away from there tbh

That was my reaction as well yeah.

Ultility has been brought up somewhere i think

Niles gave me Yayoi. Niles better.

I'm still a bit sad that I left that run unfinished. Maybe I'll return to it one of these days. Yayoi deserved to see the end of the war.

Or maybe I'll do another generics only Rev run lolololololololo

7 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Yes, but if you look carefuly i could only delay the clones, the main boss is immune to delay and status.

Guess what i can do in newer games? Delay boss to infinity.

Ah, yeah. I did notice one of the messages was different but I never bothered to read it for some reason.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Older games some bosses you can debuff, some bosses you can't. Variety. That boss could be debuffed.

In Sky i needed to both buff myself and debuff enemy. Like it's name says, Nightmare mode.

Huh, bosses that are entirely immune to debuffs in general? Interesting. With how prominent they seemed in that fight, it must allow the player to use much more varied skills to make do in battles, with how the damage output in general didn,t seem to be sky-high and barreling down didn't seem like a very viable solution.

what's buffed is the stat, not the damage output

Lol, yeah, I got that, I was just puzzled at the decision to calculate the damage output in that way XD

Break also makes bosses take much more damage and get delayed quite a bit. Basically makes it even easier to burst them down, which was already easy to begin with

Aaah, okay, yeah, makes sense now.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If I didn't want to stay far away from that dumpster fire, I'd jump in, because I'm fairly certain nobody's brought up Capture yet and that's just a disgrace.

Haha, I haven't checked over there in a while. Maybe I should take a peek for a little spice XP

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also I'm surprised the Fates unit argument hasn't transformed into a Fates story flamewar yet

Wasn't that topic extensively covered like two weeks ago? Lol, who am I kidding, as if that would make any difference.

Just now, Dayni said:

Pretty sure she's rich enough that she doesn't need them.

Oh.

...It's not too obvious that I have no idea who you're talking about right?

Just now, Dayni said:

My contribution:

Neither one.

Senno Emblem.

Just now, Lorneus said:

Wasn't that topic extensively covered like two weeks ago? Lol, who am I kidding, as if that would make any difference.

It's covered extensively every month for half the month. Hence my surprise.

28 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Break never fails, once you hit them enough times, break goes off and they start taking massive damage, basically ending battles instantly right after.

Edit: Shit, Shrimpy beat me to it.

Edited by lightcosmo

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

...It's not too obvious that I have no idea who you're talking about right?

Honestly I barely remember either.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Neither one.

Senno Emblem.

Senno can learn duplicate.

(Get yourself two Sennos)

10 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

bosses that are entirely immune to debuffs in general? Interesting

Yup. But you have enough Options to deal with them. You can still buff yourself (which i didn't do in that fight) + higher tier skills/magic dealing more damage, for example

10 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

barreling down didn't seem like a very viable solution

Thank god.

Otherwise we would've the modern Games problem: 4 Ultimate Attacks into gg. Or 3 magic attacks before boss first attack to take down half his hp.

Edited by Shrimpresident