• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Yup. But you have enough Options to deal with them. You can still buff yourself (which i didn't do in that fight) + higher tier skills/magic dealing more damage, for example

Thank god.

Otherwise we would've the modern Games problem: 4 Ultimate Attacks into gg. Or 3 magic attacks before boss first attack to take down half his hp.

Honestly I dont believe enemy boss = perfect status immunity is a good idea. If you gotta design it like that, then that says the status effect itself needs to nefed to hell and back. Nothing should be as busted as the shit in CS.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Honestly I dont believe enemy boss = perfect status immunity is a good idea. If you gotta design it like that, then that says the status effect itself needs to nefed to hell and back.

If you don't give them immunity tho we would've a CS problem tho. Just make the minions vulnerable

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Nothing should be as busted as the shit in CS.

straight facts. It's the most broken shit i ever saw in any game, ever.

Edited by Shrimpresident

It's not like me and Ruben started arguing over it again xD

We have our differences, but we both appreciate the options Conquest gives us

And i am just in total Trails war mood atm. Y'all awakened Falcom Fanbase Shirmp from his suppossed eternal slumber

Edited by Shrimpresident

Just now, Shrimpresident said:

Middle or bottom one?

Also Teehee reached Japan?

My comment? At 3:48 it's the one showing up from the bottom. The one that begins "As a longtime fan..."

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh my...

As if you weren't the first to make the joke, way back when

It's not like me and Ruben started arguing over it again xD

We have our differences, but we both appreciate the options Conquest gives us

Yeah, there's nobody in Conquest who is not viable. Everyone is fun in their own way, which is a great thing. Anyone's preferences over who feels more fun than others are purely subjective taste. Mine is better and everyone else is wrong if they disagree but eh, details.

And i am just in total Trails war mood atm. Y'all awakened Falcom Fanbase Shirmp from his suppossed eternal slumber

Put a Derrick sticker over Trails and pretend it's Berwick Saga instead. Just... when in doubt, employ the Derrick sticker.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Put a Derrick sticker over Trails and pretend it's Berwick Saga instead. Just... when in doubt, employ the Derrick sticker.

Funny enough, when i played Berwick it did remind me of Trails a bit...Well, the good days of Trails lol

It's probably one of the reasons i enjoyed it as much as i did

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, there's nobody in Conquest who is not viable. Everyone is fun in their own way, which is a great thing. Anyone's preferences over who feels more fun than others are purely subjective taste

Camilla Haters:

Omoridepressed.gif

Garon Apologists:

OMORI_MANIC.gif

Oh god, that Grin fits Garon too much lol

Edited by Shrimpresident

18 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

If you don't give them immunity tho we would've a CS problem tho. Just make the minions vulnerable

straight facts. It's the most broken shit i ever saw in any game, ever.

I understand that but consider the core, why should they have to? Why is a status a crutch like that in the first place? Tone them down and instead of them being instant win buttons, make them light negatives and then status can work while not being game breaking. 

Short version- fair status = better balance.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I understand that but consider the core, why should they have to? Why is a status a crutch like that in the first place? Tone them down and instead of them being instant win buttons, make them light negatives and then status can work while not being game breaking. 

Short version- fair status = better balance.

True

But do you expact Modern Falcom to care about Balance?

You played 4 of their games and saw how each game became worse with the balance

Edited by Shrimpresident

33 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Funny enough, when i played Berwick it did remind me of Trails a bit...Well, the good days of Trails lol

It's probably one of the reasons i enjoyed it as much as i did

Trails in the Sky with good gameplay and less hateable people

Camilla Haters:

Omoridepressed.gif

Garon Apologists:

OMORI_MANIC.gif

Wait but I'm both--

Oh right I almost forgot, she's not even my least favorite Fates royal, not even close.

What kind of an elitist am I...

Oh god, that Grin fits Garon too much lol

Garomori.

Oh God, no please...

'Morning!

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nice! My message was used! At 3:48, right column.

That's really cool!

1 hour ago, Shrimpresident said:

True

But do you expact Modern Falcom to care about Balance?

You played 4 of their games and saw how each game became worse with the balance

Hell no, I havent found a single game yet that can get this right. 

Devs are blind to the most obvious issues.

27 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, I think it's a rather largely spread opinion that turn-based RPGs are more prominent for the story than the gameplay. I think the decisions to give options to make them easier in a ridiculous manner over time reflects that attitude as well. Then again, I find video games in general have a tendency to be easier nowadays, apart from the times they go out of their way to be a difficult game or for indie games sometimes. I think it's simply an attempt to appeal to a wider audience, but then they hit a wall with the difficulty increases for the population who wants a challenge because they didn't think about that aspect in advance. Or they make a "challenge" more akin to torture because they want to create an impression of difficulty. Though it's more speculative talk through a handle of personal experiences without any factual research backing me, as I typically do. 

TIL Detective Pikachu 2 is dead.

For the last 8 months.

Game's probably gone too.

F for Owain voicing Pikachu again.

36 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

apart from the times they go out of their way to be a difficult game or for indie games sometimes. I think it's simply an attempt to appeal to a wider audience

I wouldn't have minded that if they didn't add difficulty settings akin to older games. I can live with an easy ''normal'' mode.

But don't add a Nightmare mode that's as easy as the easy modes of older games.

36 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

I think it's a rather largely spread opinion that turn-based RPGs are more prominent for the story than the gameplay.

Maybe, but i can't really enjoy a story without atleast an acceptable gameplay.

And i really really really loved older Trails gameplay. I wrote wall of texts, helped people, shared strats and even organized community playthroughs.

It was a hell-ish but fun experience. And i wanted more.

So once Cold Steel hit...I found myself streamrolling through everything. On the highest difficulty. 

And before anyone says ''Nostalgia/experience'', i played Crossbell after Cold Steel (due to lack of localizations), and while certainly, they were easier than Sky, they were miles harder than Cold Steel. Atleast fights required me to think and i had to respond to Ai actions (a rarity in Cold Steel). Maybe a bit too easy for Nightmare that made me bang my head in Sky quite a lot of times, but it was acceptable.

And then, since you said people played for the story, the easy gameplay ruined many Story moments for me. In older games hard fights were usually hard. I got more immersed in the story because when the party was exhausted so was i. I felt i achieved something after i fought a hard boss for 20 Minutes, or had to get creative with the strats. Or the clutch win had me going ''YES!!!!!!!!!!''.

In Cold steel every time a boss fight happened and the party was exhausted or went ''that was hard'' or anything like that i went ''What the fuck, you guys just streamrolled them'', and i was just bored. It ruined any Story moments that could've been good.

The one time in Cold Steel Saga i had fun like the Sky days is when i faced a NG+ Boss with a NG only party, and i was like 40 levels underleveled! The fight took me an hour, but that was the only time in Cold Steel i remembered the Trails i loved.

An interective gameplay is needed for a good Story. It's why for example in RD i don't mind the Greil Merc parts being easier because the Greil Mercs are more experienced, are op in the story as they were in the gameplay, so it all flowed well together. In that case the easier difficulty enhances the Story, for example, while Dawn brigade parts were harder because they are an inexperienced group, which also fits the story.

You do remember i had the gameplay problem as well where due to lack of difficulty i didn't feel like Alm did anything.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

It's more like they didn't even work on it and just rushed stuff and added stuff to say ''We upgraded it!!!''

Edited by Shrimpresident

Man, all that talk made me remember my old Trails NG Nightmare gang...i wonder how they are doing hmmm

Also, the only good boss fight in the whole CS saga. Gained like 8-9 levels from that kek (from 106-107 to 115)

Spoiler

0e43X2I.jpeg

20180227180308_1.jpg

I even went back to the Thread to see my reaction, and it was ''SO FALCOM CAN STILL MAKE GOOD BOSS BATTLES, WHY AREN'T MORE LIKE THIS'' just like i remember lol

Edited by Shrimpresident