Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Huh, I was always vaguely intrigued about that game, though I never really looked into it. It's that agreeably bad that it's noteworthy to like it? I found the buzz around it died down quickly, as I saw thumbnails for like maybe a month and then nothing ever came my way about it again. Thought I would've seen more about it if it was a disaster, a bit like Cyberpunk and its bugs XD

On a technical level, it's whatever but the game is incredibly far up it's own ass

1641774186127.jpg

2 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

lolol, as if shonen characters didn't have 15x the amount of blood in their body that a normal human would have, splattered all over the universe XD

Meanwhile 

1641774360998.jpg

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

can’t tell if you’re being serious

You already said Amazing Spider-Man 2 is better than Spider-Man 1 and 3.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Also decided to do some ''research'' and

4xvf8kt.png

Ho

Less Basil than i expected lol. I expected it to be 70% Sunny/Basil going by other ao3 fandoms lol

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, Omori was never going to mesh well with a metric that takes points off based on music and gameplay

I never deduct points on music unless it's offensively bad (see Modern Trails). 

Awesome music can increase points tho (see Atelier)

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:
Spoiler

Honestly thought you would have liked it more because the way the story is told is incredibly similar to Star Door 15. I got heavy Star Door 15 vibes from it (or the other way around, because I played Omori first), at least

Spoiler

Difference being Star Door 15 was like, 5% Omori's length, and didn't have gameplay get in the way

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

On a technical level, it's whatever but the game is incredibly far up it's own ass

1641774186127.jpg

Oh... oh my. This raises so many questions about this individual XD

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Meanwhile 

1641774360998.jpg

Bahahahaha. This got me good, even if I never watched Jojo (though tbf, who doesn't know about it generally even if they never watched a second of the show?)

TIL NSO's Expansion Pack's actually €40.

Halfway to the tipping point Ninty, you can do it!

Just now, Lorneus said:

He has a bit of an ego about him.

I feel sorry for the people who have to work with him.

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

4xvf8kt.png

Ho

Less Basil than i expected lol. I expected it to be 70% Sunny/Basil going by other ao3 fandoms lol

Well, it's still the highest, considering there's Basil/Sunny AND Basil & Sunny

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You already said Amazing Spider-Man 2 is better than Spider-Man 1 and 3.

Oh, I thought you meant levels of fan service, because when I complained about the very bad, blatant pandering shot you were all “ah, so innocent”.

2 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

He is not good, even I acknowledge that. I would’ve bought Heavy Rain by now if I was okay with giving him money.

12 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Whoever thought it was a good idea should be fired

Now I agree with Armagon, Banner Saga too slow

Ohhhh wait you mean, in the game.

Yeaaah I forgot that thing lol

11 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

I saw a very very abridged version with French voiceovers once and quite a few scenes has me go "wait, this happened?". Though the one thing I quite remembered was that Makoto slept with like every female in the entire anime or close to. Hence the quip.

Makoto was something, all right. Kotonoha was the best character, though. She put the predictable joke in "slice of life."

lolol, as if shonen characters didn't have 15x the amount of blood in their body that a normal human would have, splattered all over the universe XD

Yes, well, anime bad. What do you have to say now?

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And here I am, appreciating all of teehee’s games. If 13 Sentinels ends up being kino, maybe I am destined to bring peace to teehee.

Ehhhh you didn't like at least one of my reccs.

Then again, agreeing with Ruben on everything is basically the final boss of Teehee.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

4xvf8kt.png

Ho

You know, Shrimp.

I was a happier man before I laid my eyes on the words

Mari and Sunny

2 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

This usually means more friendship than romantic on Ao3

/: shippimg

&: friendship

Ohhh thank the fucking lord

Horrible taste going on there, though. Where the Aubrey/Kim at.

7 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

David Cage is also just a shit human being.

Bahahahaha. This got me good, even if I never watched Jojo (though tbf, who doesn't know about it generally even if they never watched a second of the show?)

JoJo is so funny, characters just be surviving fatal wounds cause they're built different 

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh, I thought you meant levels of fan service, because when I complained about the very bad, blatant pandering shot you were all “ah, so innocent”.

Wait now I'm confused. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ehhhh you didn't like at least one of my reccs.

2/3 is better than nothing.

It wasn’t even like, bad, I could see the appeal if you’re patient. It’s just that… I’m not.

Horrible taste going on there, though. Where the Aubrey/Kim at.

You try writing fanficiton between Great Character and No Personality and see how it ends up.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

He is not good, even I acknowledge that. I would’ve bought Heavy Rain by now if I was okay with giving him money.

Oh, he's the one behind Heavy "discard scenes from the plot you should definitely be seeing so as to make it more """mysterious""" as to whom the villain is" Rain? I mean, I kinda liked it, but that one "twist" was egregious to me.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

This usually means more friendship than romantic on Ao3

/: shippimg

&: friendship

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

/ is for romantic pairing, & is any other sort of pairing. Family, friendship, etc.

Aaah, at least the distinction makes more sense now. Thanks ^^

Makoto was something, all right. Kotonoha was the best character, though. She put the predictable joke in "slice of life."

Hahahaha, never thought of that one before. 

Hmmm... I say you should watch Erased.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

JoJo is so funny, characters just be surviving fatal wounds cause they're built different 

Bahahaha, I was about to say "Isn't that just typical anime?" but that is just amazing XD There's not even a hint of "I'm struggling" it's just flat-out ignored by the character after three seconds XD

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Shouts Bara on repeat for her plane to shoot.

The evolution of saying "ora" with each punch.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You try writing fanficiton between Great Character and No Personality and see how it ends up.

She'll be happier than with one of her mentally and emotionally wrecked friends. That's what'll happen.

4 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Oh, he's the one behind Heavy "discard scenes from the plot you should definitely be seeing so as to make it more """mysterious""" as to whom the villain is" Rain? I mean, I kinda liked it, but that one "twist" was egregious to me.

So uh, in spoilers if anybody cares. Not that you should.

Spoiler

I grew fond of calling him the Magical Fatso. He's also my favorite character in the game.

I love Heavy Rain. It's such a wonderful little pile of steaming dogshit, and I'm all for it, as long as I don't have to give Davey Cagey a single cent for it.

5 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Hahahaha, never thought of that one before. 

Well, to be completely honest, I shamelessly stole it from a youtube comment just now.

5 minutes ago, Lorneus said:
9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmmm... I say you should watch Erased.

Do elaborate. What is Erased and how many cringe anime moments does it contain?

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You don't read much fanfiction, do you?

My experience with it is limited.

Highly limited.

...okay, I'm pretty sure I haven't read a single full fanfiction in my entire life.

Random History Lesson: Both the / and & to denote romantic and friendship pairings likely harkens back to the 1970's, with Star Trek fanfiction. The difference was born in order to differentiate the sort of relationship Kirk and Spock had in those fanfics. This is why Slash today is the term to refer to same-sex romances, because the first time it was used, it was for a homosexual pairing.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

47 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Let's face the Truth, we will never get another Trails in the Sky''

A wisdom many of us should've accepted long ago

Your right, its just an unreachable dream at this point.

48 minutes ago, Sooks said:

A game doesn’t need to be Sky to be good though.

Didnt you say it wasnt as fun as Sky?

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Random History Lesson: Both the / and & to denote romantic and friendship pairings likely harkens back to the 1970's, with Star Trek fanfiction. The difference was born in order to differentiate the sort of relationship Kirk and Spock had in those fanfics. This is why Slash today is the term to refer to same-sex romances.

TIL

I always wondered where the term slash came from lol

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My experience with it is limited.

Highly limited.

...okay, I'm pretty sure I haven't read a single full fanfiction in my entire life.

So you mean you've never read one... or have at least read something even if not finished it?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So uh, in spoilers if anybody cares. Not that you should.

Reveal hidden contents

I grew fond of calling him the Magical Fatso. He's also my favorite character in the game.

I love Heavy Rain. It's such a wonderful little pile of steaming dogshit, and I'm all for it, as long as I don't have to give Davey Cagey a single cent for it.

Hahaha, very fitting XD On my part, I thought it had some interesting moments, but I didn't find it laughably bad either. Except for JASON. I did wish to redo it but grew out of it rather rapidly. I don't know, it just stands in "meh with some ugh" land for me.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do elaborate. What is Erased and how many cringe anime moments does it contain?

... I have a tendency to erase cringe anime moments from my mind when they're not too prominent, so probably not that much as I don't remember any, but I would not be surprised there are some. Giving you details would be... quite spoilery in general, I'd say, but... I could draw some parallels to Omori, while it's very very different. It's an anime, though I think there is a live action one as well, that I haven't heard bad of. Then again, I don't really hear anything about live actions typically XD There is one questionable aspect I remember, but it's kind of explainable as well and interestingly introduced. It's not too long and effectively poignant. Among my favorite animes. 

Bahahaha, I was about to say "Isn't that just typical anime?" but that is just amazing XD There's not even a hint of "I'm struggling" it's just flat-out ignored by the character after three seconds XD

JoJo characters just be doing anything to win

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

>Shouts Vola on repeat for his plane to shoot.

FIFY