• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Cold Steel is becoming enough of a drag that I’m considering playing a second game alongside it, but I’m afraid that if I do that, I’ll just drop the game and never be motivated enough to pick it back up.

Sooks redemption Arc?

43 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Started up Pokemon Ultra Sun again for the heck of it and MAN I had forgotten how pink I was.

2022-01-08_22-25-15.261_top.png.ef5888aad8c4a53b4bbf55c6e529b252.png

Pinkredible.

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Cold Steel is becoming enough of a drag that I’m considering playing a second game alongside it, but I’m afraid that if I do that, I’ll just drop the game and never be motivated enough to pick it back up.

If I may...

I am low on brains, but perhaps this shall make a suitable argument for why you should play Y0.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So, what makes it good?

Have some bullet points.

• The battle system is super fun. Your units and the enemy units move simultaneously, so you don't select which enemy you want to attack as much as the tile that you want to strike at. If the enemy standing there decides to move, you'll be swinging at the air. Of course, if you read the AI correctly (which isn't as impossible as you might think), you can do the same to them. This system ensures there's little downtime, and even in the simplest skirmishes you have to think every move through and stay one step ahead of your foes. And the satisfaction when you circle around an enemy and hit them when they were going to hit you, that's just so good.
  • The equipment system is also quite interesting. Your characters are blank slates who are all virtually identical. What sets them apart is their equipment. There's four different classes of gear that determine the unit's role, and nine different types of weaponry with different techniques and utility. You can turn anyone into anything you like. Think Three Houses's weapon system, but on steroids.
  • The game handles its secrets in the best way. If you play the game blind, you can go from start to finish without feeling like you're missing out on anything. However, if you decide to dive in deeper, you'll find that you barely scratched the surface, and that there's so much more going on underneath the surface. This greatly adds to the replayability - I mean, look at me, it's barely been a week and I'm already back for more.
  • The story's pretty good, sporting great villains, C H O I C E S and four different endings you can get from 'em.
  • The music's fine.
  • The visuals hold up well for a PS1 game. Particularly, magic's an spectacle.
  • Pike.
    ...I mean, c'mon. Look at him and tell me he does not deserve his own bullet point.

That's it, I think. I can't guarantee you'll like the game, the battle system is one of those "love or hate" type of deals, but if it works for you, it'll be a great time.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Sooks redemption Arc?

What do I need to be redeemed for? Sucking at the game?

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

I am low on brains

Untrue.

but perhaps this shall make a suitable argument for why you should play Y0.

You make a pretty convincing argument.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Have some bullet points.

• The battle system is super fun. Your units and the enemy units move simultaneously, so you don't select which enemy you want to attack as much as the tile that you want to strike at. If the enemy standing there decides to move, you'll be swinging at the air. Of course, if you read the AI correctly (which isn't as impossible as you might think), you can do the same to them. This system ensures there's little downtime, and even in the simplest skirmishes you have to think every move through and stay one step ahead of your foes. And the satisfaction when you circle around an enemy and hit them when they were going to hit you, that's just so good.
  • The equipment system is also quite interesting. Your characters are blank slates who are all virtually identical. What sets them apart is their equipment. There's four different classes of gear that determine the unit's role, and nine different types of weaponry with different techniques and utility. You can turn anyone into anything you like. Think Three Houses's weapon system, but on steroids.
  • The game handles its secrets in the best way. If you play the game blind, you can go from start to finish without feeling like you're missing out on anything. However, if you decide to dive in deeper, you'll find that you barely scratched the surface, and that there's so much more going on underneath the surface. This greatly adds to the replayability - I mean, look at me, it's barely been a week and I'm already back for more.
  • The story's pretty good, sporting great villains, C H O I C E S and four different endings you can get from 'em.
  • The music's fine.
  • The visuals hold up well for a PS1 game. Particularly, magic's an spectacle.
  • Pike.
    ...I mean, c'mon. Look at him and tell me he does not deserve his own bullet point.

That's it, I think. I can't guarantee you'll like the game, the battle system is one of those "love or hate" type of deals, but if it works for you, it'll be a great time.

All of that sounds interesting. Unfortunately for Vandal Hearts 2, I just bought 4 games from the Steam sale plus another one I have lying around, but it can be added to the list of games I know that exist and might be interesting.

…except for the secrets though. I don’t want to miss out on any content, I’d just use a guide.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You make a pretty convincing argument.

I FINALLY POSTED A GOOD YAKUZA SONG LET'S GOOO

Untrue.

I'm spending it all doing French homework right now is all.

I like that one with the string instrument(s) from Like A Dragon.

Okay that’s probably really vague.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

I'm spending it all doing French homework right now is all.

French

my school nemesis

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What do I need to be redeemed for? Sucking at the game?

For actually believing for a while it's a Trails game

Dw, i did for a while, too

Edited by Shrimpresident

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Beautiful.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay that’s probably really vague.

No, I know the one you're talking about.

AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T READ THE COMMENTS THIS IS THE 2ND MOST KINO MOMENT IN FRANCHISE
Also, you might like this one, which is admittedly inferior IMO to both other songs I've posted today, but it has a violin part, soo...?

Spoiler

(Spoiled for size, and pls don't touch the comments because spoilers)

Edited by Benice

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

All of that sounds interesting. Unfortunately for Vandal Hearts 2, I just bought 4 games from the Steam sale plus another one I have lying around, but it can be added to the list of games I know that exist and might be interesting.

Yeah, sure. Just throwing an idea out there and taking the opportunity to gush some more about this game. Besides, the bullet points are there for everyone to see, if anybody's willing to get any ideas. Wink wink nudge nudge.

Also I just let the sale pass without buying anything lolololololol

…except for the secrets though. I don’t want to miss out on any content, I’d just use a guide.

Ah, the Sooks%.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

B-baka Mitai though......

9 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

French

my school nemesis

I would say that's the German talking, but I wasn't all that great either. Admittedly languages were my weakness back then.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I focused on Switch.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

No, I know the one you're talking about.

AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T READ THE COMMENTS THIS IS THE 2ND MOST KINO MOMENT IN FRANCHISE

Yes, this is the one.

And of course, I’d just listen to it embedded here.

Also, you might like this one, which is admittedly inferior IMO to both other songs I've posted today, but it has a violin part, soo...?

Huh, I do seem like I really like violin music, don’t I?

Actually, I kinda do, now that you mention it…

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I had a sequel to a game I really enjoyed, a sequel to a game I used to be enjoying, a teehee recommendation for five bucks and a game I’d just been interested in for a while. Truly, what more can you ask for?

Ah, the Sooks%.

Well, no, that would require me to get the golden ending and everyone live, but then where would the fun be in the choices if I used a guide for them?

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Shrimpresident said:

U8KuMGn.png

Wtf lmaaaao

Omori really wanted that Aubrey harem huh?

I have no context.

Looks to me like someone took the phrase One-Man Army differently from everyone else.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Admittedly languages were my weakness back then.

Same. Or anything not Math or Science related lol. And even with Science i sucked hard at Biology

Also travelling made French the 4th language i had to learn. I was 12, three were enough

I had a sequel to a game I was really enjoying, a sequel to a game I used to be enjoying, a teehee recommendation for five bucks and a game I’d just been interested in for a while. Truly, what more can you ask for?

No more, I suppose. Still, I expect I'll be gushing about this game for some time. Don't think you are safe.

Well, no, that would require me to get the golden ending and everyone live, but then where would the fun be in the choices if I used a guide for them?

Hah!

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

U8KuMGn.png

Wtf lmaaaao

Omori really wanted that Aubrey harem huh?

Ah yeah, that moment. That's pretty hilarious.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah!

This implication makes me more interested in the game than anything you said before it.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Hikikomori route yeah

When you use Universal remote near tv you get this scene

What universal remote?

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And of course, I’d just listen to it embedded here.

Nice.

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Huh, I do seem like I really like violin music, don’t I?

Actually, I kinda do, now that you mention it…

I rarely go 2/2 for musicposting in a day, let's go!

(Also, the beginning of 0 has a lot of names and stuff dropped, so you'll prolly need me to explain some stuff about 15 minutes in if you do start.)

19 minutes ago, Dayni said:

B-baka Mitai though......

That one doesn't count, it's a karaoke song.

Plus it's only the fouth best in the game.