• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Hmm, I'm reaching the end the scene I'm currently writing. I could make the chapter as finished, even if word count it'd be far shorter than the preceding chapters. Or, I could adapt what would've been the next chapter (which would also be of comparable length, thus much shorter than the previous ones) and merge the two into one. Hmm...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:
  Hide contents

...did i miss something? I didn't get that impression...

Yeah, you absolutely missed something.

Spoiler

For starters, you can witness the aftermath. When sleeping over at Basil's house, just go back to sleep instead of heading to Basil's room. You will wake up again shortly after. The rest of the gang and Polly will be standing on the corridor outside his room. Sunny takes a quick peek inside, sees Basil's bloody corpse and promptly erases the door's existence from his mind, just like he did with the closet with the toybox.

Even if you don't see it though, in the bad ending where Sunny leaves with his mom, you can hear sirens. An ambulance headed to retrieve Basil's body. This isn't stated directly, of course, but the implication is pretty strong, and Basil committing suicide adds up with everything. Really, the only reason he doesn't kill himself in the good ending is that Sunny interrupts him.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, you absolutely missed something.

Hide contents

For starters, you can witness the aftermath. When sleeping over at Basil's house, just go back to sleep instead of heading to Basil's room. You will wake up again shortly after. The rest of the gang and Polly will be standing on the corridor outside his room. Sunny takes a quick peek inside, sees Basil's bloody corpse and promptly erases the door's existence from his mind, just like he did with the closet with the toybox.

Even if you don't see it though, in the bad ending where Sunny leaves with his mom, you can hear sirens. An ambulance headed to retrieve Basil's body. This isn't stated directly, of course, but the implication is pretty strong, and Basil committing suicide adds up with everything. Really, the only reason he doesn't kill himself in the good ending is that Sunny interrupts him.

Oh you guys were talking about the bad/neutral endings

yeah i saw that

i thought you were talking about the good one and was like ''wtf''

Edited by Shrimpresident

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

Oh you guys were talking about the bad/neutral endings

yeah i saw that

i thought you were talking about the good one and was like ''wtf''

lol nah

Spoiler

In the good ending things end... Well, not exactly well. It's going to be rough on everyone. But they're all still alive and they can begin to move on in earnest. Could be worse.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

And in Hikikomori ending 

Hide contents

Basil is already dead or something, probably

still looking through it

Well

Spoiler

One of two things may happen. If you go into Hikikomori halfway through the good route, the exact same thing happens as in the bad endings and Basil commits suicide during the final night. If you never go out... Well, he's going to hear about Sunny's departure at some point, and he's not going to take it well. Might live a few more days, but I wouldn't be too hopeful.

JKBTUSq.jpg
Fie is absolutely right.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well

Reveal hidden contents

One of two things may happen. If you go into Hikikomori halfway through the good route, the exact same thing happens as in the bad endings and Basil commits suicide during the final night. If you never go out... Well, he's going to hear about Sunny's departure at some point, and he's not going to take it well. Might live a few more days, but I wouldn't be too hopeful.

Spoiler

Even if you never leave, the sirens still play at the end in the moving away ending. Afaik, going out on the first day and then going hikikomori only adds the best attention to detail in all of fiction.

Rean stahp

Why are you doing this? Why??

3 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Makes me wonder

Reveal hidden contents

how Basil lived all these Years without his daily Sunny dose

Spoiler

The hope that Sunny would come back and save him, since it was “something behind him” that pushed Mari, if I had to guess.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

I am gonna Sylphid Dance you

Hey, she’s better than half the cast. That’s… something.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Fie is absolutely right.

I believe you mean

Also, I didn't know they put me into Coldsteel!

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hide contents

Even if you never leave, the sirens still play at the end in the moving away ending. Afaik, going out on the first day and then going hikikomori only adds the best attention to detail in all of fiction.

Spoiler

What are you talking about here? I'm afraid I don't get what you mean.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Makes me wonder

Hide contents

how Basil lived all these Years without his daily Sunny dose

What Sooks said.

Spoiler

It's also why Sunny moving out is the breaking point and what finally drives him to suicide. He latched on to the idea that Sunny would come back for him one day. Hearing that he's leaving for good in a short three days was too much for his mind to bear.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

just

Hide contents

adopt him. Seems like his family was really shitty anyway

Spoiler

Which family are you talking about here? Because they're both pretty awful. Sunny's dad is absent and his mother seems to be as affected by the grief as her son. Not a great spot to be with one child, let alone to adopt a new one.

As for Basil's family, his parents are established to almost never be at home. Not even in a "we gotta work" way, they seem to be incredibly distant, and the only other family member Basil has around is his ailing grandmother, who is bedridden and hospitalized near the end of the game.

So unless Polly adopts them both, it's a pretty unfortunate situation for everyone.

Just now, Shrimpresident said:

The best theme you won't ever hear. Because Omori route.

Also teehee

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

What are you talking about here? I'm afraid I don't get what you mean.

Spoiler

The attention to detail part? I’m referring to the only noticeable difference I’m aware of in the hikikomori route if you immediately go for it or if you start it after going out the first day.

If you go out on the first day, you get Basil’s photo album (which you never get if you stay inside from day 1). Later on in the route (I don’t know exactly when this happens), when you check the photo album, all of the photos are blacked out. Because Sunny is running away in this route, repressing all his memories, just like when he first blacked out the photos. I just find this to be a really cool detail.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

Which family are you talking about here? Because they're both pretty awful. Sunny's dad is absent and his mother seems to be as affected by the grief as her son. Not a great spot to be with one child, let alone to adopt a new one.

As for Basil's family, his parents are established to almost never be at home. Not even in a "we gotta work" way, they seem to be incredibly distant, and the only other family member Basil has around is his ailing grandmother, who is bedridden and hospitalized near the end of the game.

So unless Polly adopts them both, it's a pretty unfortunate situation for everyone.

Spoiler

I've always said Polly was the most competent adult in the hooligan world. That's the best outcome honestly.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The best theme you won't ever hear. Because Omori route.

Also teehee

Eh, it's an okay theme, but it doesn't hold a candle to 

Spoiler

I'm sorry, but this is best battle theme in the entire game to me, even if it's entirely missable and random. 

Teehee though.