Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Deltacron variant... 2022 off to a great start!

I hope this makes classes go back to being remote, it's the only way for me to keep studying.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I thought you’d only played Cold Steel 1 and Cold Steel 2.

I already played through Sky 1-3rd and CS 1-2. Like I said before, I am going to start Zero in due time, so I don't feel burnout.

Oh, and I also played Kuro's prologue and Chapter 1 (thanks, psn demo), but I can't talk about things like story in detail because I can't read runes, lol

Edited by Awakened_06_

• Replies 177.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

28 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Visuals and performances >>>>>>>>>> goofiness

Idk, I'd rather watch a bad but funny movie than a straight-up bad movie.

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Deltacron variant... 2022 off to a great start!

Another one and another one and another one.

For something that fundamentally doesn't make any sense, viruses sure are persistent. 

Hm, I kinda wanna do a Pokemon Nuzlocke.

The only problem is that I am bad, and I'll thusly run out of Teehee thread members to use really quickly.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

The only problem is that I am bad, and I'll thusly run out of Teehee thread members to use really quickly.

Start bringing in alternate teehee members, like CS!Shrimpy or Reuben.

Finished my second match of Civ BE. Promised Land victory actually took me longer than my Transcendence win. And as I couldn't help myself, I then went started a third game, this time Emancipation is my intended goal, with Al Falah as the Sponsor. I want to try manufactory spam, and Al Falah seems most suited for that.

Picked Primordial as the biome with the map as 82 Eridani e, makes for an all-land map with lots of useless snow at the edges. Though it does have a nice harsh vibe, and the Strategic and Affinity Resources are bundled in big bunches, instead of many smaller quantities. Map feels a lot more cramped without any water either.

Looks like unless I fully abuse Al Falah's City Developments bonus (which I don't intend to use much for Science b/c suboptimal games are more fun), it'll take me even longer to win this time. I spent some time fending off a war by Kavithan Protectorate trying to take my capital, and then Pan-Asian Cooperative started a second war over my second city, which I came very close to losing. So many invaders, but picking the Culture from kills personality trait made it beneficial to an extent. Rather than pursue conquest of the PAC, it's also now in a war with African Union, fighting to defend its capital, so I'll leave the two AIs to shoot each other and wait for the PAC sue for peace against me. Then, I'll peacefully begin linking my five cities with the magrails I'm on the verge of finishing research on.

This is proving a nice break before I resume LA3.

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Another one and another one and another one.

For something that fundamentally doesn't make any sense, viruses sure are persistent. 

Keep this in mind, the bubonic plague, the primary (pneumatic and septicemic plagues also existed) culprit of the Black Death that ravaged Eurasia and North Africa from 1346-1353, and killed 75-200 million people, did not go away overnight.

My venerable Early Modern Europe books says bubonic plague had reoccurring outbreaks over the centuries that followed. The last outbreaks of bubonic plague in various parts of Europe being in the years: 1665- England, 1710- Central Europe, 1720-1 in France, 1737- Ukraine, 1743- Southern Europe, and 1789-91 in Russia. Hypotheses why it went away greatly vary.

Take 1346 as your starting year, let's go with 1743 as the end date, that's three years short of 400 where people lived in real fear of bubonic plague.

And, as the plague was going down when the 1700s began, Europe was experiencing remarkable increases in influenza, scarlet fever, typhoid fever, typhus, dysentery, diphtheria, infantile diarrhea, and above all else- smallpox. So life expectancy was still nasty, brutish and short. (Not to be confused with the average British tourist, who is nasty, brutish, and in shorts.)

In other words, let's not complain, even with modern scientific understanding and technologies, that we are in a third year of a pandemic.😃

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Bad or on purpose, if we are to be the Pokémon.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Start bringing in alternate teehee members, like CS!Shrimpy or Reuben.

Yes, this is a good idea.

The real question now is who I should make my Starter.

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

Start with FR/LG or R/S, they're easy games. ORAS is a good alternative to the Hoenn games. X/Y are also easy, but they haver an awkward level curve, so I don't recommend.

Edited by Awakened_06_

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In other words, let's not complain, even with modern scientific understanding and technologies, that we are in a third year of a pandemic.😃

I mean, when you factor the people's response to the pandemic, there's plenty of legit things to complain about.

1 minute ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Start with FR/LG or R/S, they're easy games. ORAS is a good alternative to the Hoenn games. X/Y are also easy, but they haver ano awkward level curve, so I don't recommend.

I think I'll do LG. It has Slowpoke, so it is automatically a good choice.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yes, this is a good idea.

The real question now is who I should make my Starter.

Which teehee member? Julian of course, founder of teehee!

Which Pokémon? Bulbasaur/Cyndaquil/Treecko/Chimchar/Snivy/Froakie/Rowlet are objectively the best starters of their generations, because I like them.

Yes I am aware gen 8 is a thing that exists.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes I am aware gen 8 is a thing that exists.

It shouldn't.

Just now, Sooks said:

Which teehee member? Julian of course, founder of teehee!

Yup, that makes sense.

SDy9VI0.png

The tales of Musse Egret, Founder of Teehee, begin now!

CLBl6Od.pngZgyvqTe.png

Reuben has escaped from Ruben's mind and is terrorizing the world! Only a true knight of Teehee like Musse can stop Reuben.

3BStwWs.png

Alongside Captain Julizan, the First Knight of Teehee,

FjgJG3K.pnghZ6y939.png

Reuben falls for the first time! Unfortunately for us, he can't fall here and must make his retreat.

Thanks, YouTube recommended section. I can no longer say that I have zero knowledge about Sonic, I now know that the red one is seriously based.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

CLBl6Od.pngZgyvqTe.png

Reuben has escaped from Ruben's mind and is terrorizing the world! Only a true knight of Teehee like Musse can stop Reuben.

But Benice, now you can’t get Reuben killed!

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

3BStwWs.png

Alongside Captain Julizan, the First Knight of Teehee,

Noo, you picked the worst one.

6 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Are you guys suggested beginner Pokemon games? Because that's something I'd like to know as well

Pokémon master here

20 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Start with FR/LG or R/S, they're easy games. ORAS is a good alternative to the Hoenn games. X/Y are also easy, but they haver an awkward level curve, so I don't recommend.

These games are my recommendations.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

But Benice, now you can’t get Reuben killed!

We can kill him in the Teehee canon.

Unless I lose.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Noo, you picked the worst one.

What's that, Sooks? You want me to name a Ratata after you?

You know, the "I've been defeated! But I can't fall here" meme reminds me how, back in the ancient times of around ten years ago, I actually had an idea to pitch a Blazing Blade FE hack project idea to someone (since I wouldn't be able to do it myself) which involved a recurring boss. Since it was during the days where most hacks were mostly reskins, the idea was to replace every recolored boss of the game (well, just one of each color swap pair) to be the same guy every time. I remember finding that idea amusing enough that every time I've repurposed the concept (currently still a WIP-RP proposal), I've kept the idea of that guy showing up constantly. It helps that after becoming a SRW fan, I become used to the idea of recurring bosses, since SRW liberally employs it, due to the nature of the stories it adapts.

4 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

These games are my recommendations.

I'm assuming those first two are Fire Red and Leaf Green, yeah? took me a while to recognize Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. 

Pokemon Y was actually the first Nintendo game I owned, so I've played a decent bit of Pokemon. It's been so long though, so I guess I'm looking for the next Pokemon game for me to try.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Squirtle good, I love Squirtle! Best Pokémon ever!

Excellent, well done.

eUeMiot.pngWzh2Lmt.png

Our Route 1 Pokemon turned out not to be a Ratata! We got a Pidgey.

KRUlJ9N.png

I named it after our dear Interdimensional Observer, because birds can fly and...Observe things, I guess?