Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Garon at the very top makes me happy beyond words.

Conquest truly made me understand why you love him so much.

And before anyone asks about Camila, she's up there because I find that she's genuinely the most hilarious sibling of the bunch. She's just feels so out of place, it's almost like a "so bad it's good" kind of thing

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also Benny at S woooo

I could do no less for the sweet man.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I've actually been struggling to continue Garonquest. I dunno why. Every time I go to play it I get this weird feeling of laziness. Still leftover rut from my Conquest burn out, perhaps. Even though I'm playing on casual with units that are vastly better than anything you have at this point in vanilla Conquest, so extreme difficulty really shouldn't be a deterrent.

Seriously, Garon is incredible. Basically Effie with a legendary axe. Iago runs circles around both retainers and mages, and Hans is a force of nature with more speed than any early Conquest unit.

Still, not really feeling Pokemon right now, and I don't want to do nothing, doing nothing is the worst. So let's see if I get going after I start.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Conquest truly made me understand why you love him so much.

Heh. Glad someone else sees it. That man's every word is so horrendously written, it's kind of brilliant.

And before anyone asks about Camila, she's up there because I find that she's genuinely the most hilarious sibling of the bunch. She's just feels so out of place, it's almost like a "so bad it's good" kind of thing

Your Garon? I'm fine with that. Camilla is my favorite of the Nohrian princelings, after all. Which is an incredibly sad thing to have to say, but well, who's going to get the title? Little Garon Jr. over there? The man's a complete bore in every scene other than the time he starred in the best scene of the route, and that's something you can also give to Elise.

I could do no less for the sweet man.

More people need to recognize Benny for the sweet teddy bear he is.

IMG_20220213_145701.jpg?width=768&height

The stylization of the X for Xenoblade 3 is most definitely related to those particles surrounding the flutes we see in the trailer. Speculation i've seen online suggests it's the souls of the dead being sent to the afterlife. "Fighting to live, living to fight" is literal, as war and killing people and sending their souls to wherever is the only known way of keeping Aionios stable. Which is a very Takahashi plot. 

Oh and btw, X's stylization

IMG_20220213_154236.jpg

is shattered glass, which has an association with bullets and Xenoblade X weaponry is way more on the pew pew side.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or, maybe OD mechanics are altered from the single-player maingame such that everyone has a separate Party Gauge that fills substantially faster to account for being practically speaking, a party of one?

Yeah that would seem like the most likely way to go if Party Gauge OD is a thing.

I mean it already is a thing in Xenoblade 2 but like you said, X has multiplayer.

Hmm, i wonder if anyone can help me here, but i will ask anyway...

My PC suddenly stopped detecting the controller. At first i thought it's a controller problem, but i tested on another PC and it works fine, then i thought it's a usb port problem but i was able to rule that out as well with some testing....

Does anyone here have an idea what it might be?

Edited by Shrimpolaris

Actually, come to think of it, maybe I've just been in a worse mood today because rain kept me from doing the weekly hike.

...That, and today are elections in my "state." Politics always sour the mood.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

My PC suddenly stopped detecting the controller. At first i thought it's a controller problem, but i tested on another PC and it works fine, then i thought it's a usb port problem but i was able to rule that out as well with some testing....

Oh dear. It's always fun when things stop working for seemingly no reason, isn't it?

Do you have your controller configured on Steam? If so, perhaps Steam simply stopped recognizing it for some reason or another, you might have to reconfigure it. I can't really come up with anything else. My next ideas would be that the controller wasn't plugged in properly or that the controller itself is damaged, but if it consistently works in the other PC but doesn't in yours... Well, I don't know. Sorry I can't be much help.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do you have your controller configured on Steam?

I used to, now Steam doesn't recognize it, and worse, i don't see the damn thing on the device manager, which means my PC for whatever reasons is not detecting it

Edited by Shrimpolaris

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I used to, now Steam doesn't recognize it, and worse, i don't see the damn thing on the device manager, which means my PC for whatever reasons is not detecting it

Hoo wee. I mean... aside from the cliche "try restarting your computer" advice, I've got nothing. Sorry. Hopefully you figure it out without much headache. These things are always so annoying when they happen.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

npnp, ty!

Is there some way to reset the controller from the controller itself?

Curious to see if that would do, I've done it now and again with one of mine.

Oh yeah, I had completely forgotten another unique combat mechanic of Live a Live. There is no such thing as revival items. When characters fall in battle, a simple heal will get them back on their feet.

The problem? Enemies can still target fallen units. If a fallen unit takes damage, it is wiped off the battlefield and cannot be revived for the rest of the battle. So you have to hurry and get to your fallen comrades to revive them before they can be killed off.

We need to start keeping a "Ruben is excited for Live a Live" counter.

Also, even now that I've gotten an official pronounciation I still can't stop reading it as "leave a leave" in my mind. A leftover from the good ol' days when my English wasn't too good, haha.

43 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

What kinda controller is it?

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

i don't think so...

Does your device manager have that device saved? I'm curious if that could help, but I don't want to say that's the answer for your case.

And I can assume it doesn't get recognised either plugged in or not right?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, even now that I've gotten an official pronounciation I still can't stop reading it as "leave a leave" in my mind. A leftover from the good ol' days when my English wasn't too good, haha.

I immediately though "Leave a leave from the vine"

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...That, and today are elections in my "state." Politics always sour the mood.

Meanwhile here looks like it won't be until 2024 for anything.

And then the local/European and national in the same year and if someone decides to be an utter shitheel to try and mess with things by forcing the national early, possibly the same day. I don't necessarily think it'll happen but the idea seems terrifying, especially for smaller parties (As I got to hear when I mentioned it to someone).

Oh hey. This is something. I was browsing my folders in boredom and stumbled into "the Super Mario Bros 1 that never came out on the market." It's a ROMhack of Mario 1 that I made when I was 13. Funny that I still have this thing.

On the first screen there's a pipe that takes you to a the classic bonus screen, and from there almost to the end of the level. If you don't take it, you encounter Bowser a few steps ahead.

What was wrong with me...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Does your device manager have that device saved? I'm curious if that could help, but I don't want to say that's the answer for your cas

There're many hidden/inactive usb devices i just unistalled in a try to install the right one again with plugging in/out the controller

nope, no dice

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

And I can assume it doesn't get recognised either plugged in or not right?

yup

like it's a whole lot of nothing when connected to my pc specifically

20220213_171114.jpg

Every day we stray further from the path of God.

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The problem? Enemies can still target fallen units. If a fallen unit takes damage, it is wiped off the battlefield and cannot be revived for the rest of the battle. So you have to hurry and get to your fallen comrades to revive them before they can be killed off.

This is Valkyria Chronicles. Except with permadeath.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

20220213_171114.jpg

Fruity Pebbles!?!?!?

Fleentstones!?!?!?

Oough...!

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is Valkyria Chronicles. Except with permadeath.

Oh yeah? So in that game is just, no revives, you just heal and that's it? Without a countermeasure, that sounds rather broken, not gonna lie. But I imagine it's balanced in some way. Would you mind elaborating?

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah? So in that game is just, no revives, you just heal and that's it? Without a countermeasure, that sounds rather broken, not gonna lie. But I imagine it's balanced in some way. Would you mind elaborating?

So basically if a unit "dies", you have to reach them within three turns or before an enemy gets to them, otherwise, they die forever. After rescuing them, they spend one turn recovering in the reserves, after which you can redeploy them.

Admittedly, the enemy AI is kinda dumb at permanently killing your units so you shouldn't actually be losing anyone unless you impose that on yourself.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

So basically if a unit "dies", you have to reach them within three turns or before an enemy gets to them, otherwise, they die forever. After rescuing them, they spend one turn recovering in the reserves, after which you can redeploy them.

Ah, so the Tactics Ogre approach. More or less.

Well, that's neat. Thanks for the explanation.

Oh man, I should not have gone to sleep so late, I have been exhausted today. And tomorrow is a school day, it doesn’t feel like the weekend is over since I’ve spent it all doing essentially nothing. Or more accurately, it kind of feels like I’ve wasted away all weekend. I guess today is just an ugh day.

Meanwhile, Triangle Strategy is sloooow. Even with the “fast” battle option or whatever on, it feels like everything just moves so slowly. It’s still enjoyable though, it’s not really that big of a deal.

I also continued Pokémon, where not much of note happened other than me evolving Heather Jr. and catching two Pokémon: a Sandile whom I named Florida Man that I will be very lucky to have for the next gym, and a Dwebble who I named PB and J because its evolution is called Crustle, which is like Uncrustable, a company primarily known for their peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, if you squint your eyes at it. I want to use it because Crustle seems like a very interesting Pokémon, but I want to use everyone else I have slightly more. Maybe if anyone dies.

Edited by Sooks

Okay, I have to talk about this.

The guide goes "Basically a cutscene to get this powerup" at the fight I'm currently at.

I don't think I've ever seen a fight where an attack can deal over 200 damage, have you? FFS.

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

There're many hidden/inactive usb devices i just unistalled in a try to install the right one again with plugging in/out the controller

nope, no dice

yup

like it's a whole lot of nothing when connected to my pc specifically

Shoot.

Is there anything in your bluetooth setting that might be of some use? I don't know what your OS would have, it could have something I don't see.

Xenoblade X fans trying to explain how it can fit into the series timeline

c28.gif

After all this time...

l8Wdt1v.png

Finally, I have them all. Though I didn't get the popup when I opened the last chest, so I initially didn't think I got the achievement. I parked myself right before the final bosses so I'll try to finish the game tomorrow. I'd like the opportunity to save in the middle of things but expect that I have to finish the game in one go.

Before that, an observation:

Spoiler

After some time of hearing about this series's use of "win the battle, lose the cutscene", I was surprised to find that we decisively won against all the Enforcers in this chapter. Maybe Renne wasn't "defeated", but Pater-Mater was rennedered inoperable and she got hug no jutsu'd. Even the Enforcer fights in Chapter 7 were draws, since we didn't defeat the Enforcers but they didn't beat us either, even if they accomplished their goal of deactivating the towers.

But I am about to fight Loewe, so maybe he will "correct" my misunderstanding. Perhaps Weissmann will use force lightning on Joshua during the final battle, and Loewe will shout "Nooo!" and throw Weissmann into the core of the Death Star... er, the Aureole.