• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Your Garon? I'm fine with that. Camilla is my favorite of the Nohrian princelings, after all. Which is an incredibly sad thing to have to say, but well, who's going to get the title? Little Garon Jr. over there? The man's a complete bore in every scene other than the time he starred in the best scene of the route, and that's something you can also give to Elise.

...Wouldn't it be Princessling?

In any case I'll continue being envious of that alternate universe that had a really well-written Camila that put focus on her mental illness and how she deals with it but I'll still appreciate her for the unintentional comedic relief she is now.

Wait hold on, when Xander grows old, will he look like Garon? It's becoming apparent to me how little the siblings look like each other.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

More people need to recognize Benny for the sweet teddy bear he is.

They nailed the gentle giant archetype with Benny.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Wait hold on, when Xander grows old, will he look like Garon? It's becoming apparent to me how little the siblings look like each other.

Makes sense, since they're only half-siblings. So they will ALL look like Garon when they become old.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Meanwhile, Triangle Strategy is sloooow. Even with the “fast” battle option or whatever on, it feels like everything just moves so slowly. It’s still enjoyable though, it’s not really that big of a deal.

Took me 4 and a half hours to clear the demo.

And that's ignoring resets.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Makes sense, since they're only half-siblings. So they will ALL look like Garon when they become old.

The idea of them all, especially Elise looking like Garon is funny to me. The absurdity is what's getting a laugh out of me.

Garon's genes are apparently very strong.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20220213_145701.jpg?width=768&height

The stylization of the X for Xenoblade 3 is most definitely related to those particles surrounding the flutes we see in the trailer. Speculation i've seen online suggests it's the souls of the dead being sent to the afterlife. "Fighting to live, living to fight" is literal, as war and killing people and sending their souls to wherever is the only known way of keeping Aionios stable. Which is a very Takahashi plot. 

Oh and btw, X's stylization

IMG_20220213_154236.jpg

is shattered glass, which has an association with bullets and Xenoblade X weaponry is way more on the pew pew side.

Interesting little analysis, I never really noticed the different stylizations.🙂

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Speculation i've seen online suggests it's the souls of the dead being sent to the afterlife. "Fighting to live, living to fight" is literal, as war and killing people and sending their souls to wherever is the only known way of keeping Aionios stable. Which is a very Takahashi plot. 

I didn't actually fight in the final battle in XC1DE, but IIRC, didn't they say they had to do that thing, because time was running low for the world for some unexplained reason? Lifeforms are made of ether and need it to live, so I can see your speculative point.

Although how a world's "magical environment" has gotten so unstable that it needs mass sacrifice is need of answering then. XC1 and XC2 did not take place in the same world, so maybe when the world-merge happened it was inherently unstable. This, despite the appearance of stability to the average person, as -like with XC2's Titan death crisis- it would be a slow terminal decline that blissfully hides the crisis to the unobservant and the unaffected.

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

20220213_171114.jpg

Every day we stray further from the path of God.

I'm not sure of the last time I had "pancake syrup". It's been... a decade or more since I shifted over to pure maple syrup and occasionally cookie butter. The corn syrup stuff might be more readily producible, cheaper, and not affected by weather (no doubt climate change is going to worsen the conditions maple trees need for syrup creation), but it's nothing like the real deal. Sweet, yet not so heavy nor blatantly saccharine, and relatively little goes a long way.

So when I see this stuff, it's like being a loyal angel in Heaven, staring into a pond and glimpsing Hell far below, completely unfazed and unmoved by the barbarity that resides in the inferno.

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Xenoblade X fans trying to explain how it can fit into the series timeline

c28.gif

We shall see. For now, I'll -as I thought of it myself- will go with this as the speculative answer if there is one- Samaarians. We'll find out in... 2025 at the earliest, if ever?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, I had completely forgotten another unique combat mechanic of Live a Live. There is no such thing as revival items. When characters fall in battle, a simple heal will get them back on their feet.

The problem? Enemies can still target fallen units. If a fallen unit takes damage, it is wiped off the battlefield and cannot be revived for the rest of the battle. So you have to hurry and get to your fallen comrades to revive them before they can be killed off.

One hit takes a KO'ed character off the battlefield? That could be unfair. Sounds like it would be better if it was something like "character, who is KO'ed, takes damage equal to 50 or 100% of their maximum HP".

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, so the Tactics Ogre approach. More or less.

Well, that's neat. Thanks for the explanation.

Valkyria Chronicles is about anime as FE is, and it leans more pure Strategy than SRPG. I am completely unsure if you would find any joy in it, though there are a few older folks around.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

They nailed the gentle giant archetype with Benny.

Sounds like he'd get along very well with this guy.:

Jungo.png

Jungo precious, must protect!

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Sokmg6r.png

Goat skill. Fates needed this for ninja hells

Would the reflection include inevitable end too? Throw that on a tank and watch the game ply itself for those maps.

Oh wow, this demo actually presents you with an interesting choice that isn’t immediately super obvious what to do for. I actually don’t know what to pick, hmm.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Oh wow, this demo actually presents you with an interesting choice that isn’t immediately super obvious what to do for. I actually don’t know what to pick, hmm.

It's one I felt pretty easy about what I was going for, but it can be made easier with the exploration phase giving you more knowledge.

I now wonder about if you were playing without any of that info if you can still get your outcomes or if you get outvoted continuously.

Updated my profile banner and sig. But my profile pic changes to Sophie because Atelier Sophie 2 is this month.

Starting in March tho, i'll be switching to the Xenoblade 3 party members, one character per month up until release. A nice way to count down, i think.

39 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Meanwhile, Triangle Strategy is sloooow. Even with the “fast” battle option or whatever on, it feels like everything just moves so slowly. It’s still enjoyable though, it’s not really that big of a deal.

Banner Saga fan complaining about slow gameplay.

31 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Xenoblade X fans trying to explain how it can fit into the series timeline

c28.gif

I actually have a crackpot theory about this. 

So our main guy's name is Noah right? At the end of Xenoblade 3, Aionios is destroyed. Noah, being him, ended up getting the entire population into arks and they all escaped (that's not how the Biblical story goes i know).

In Xenosaga, there is Abel's Ark

latest.png?width=576&height=432

Ark. A vessel humanity has biblically used to survive (Abel's Ark is not this btw, it's just there to sound cool).

In Xenoblade X, we get one glimpse of Samaarian ships, said to have originated from another dimension. These ships look a lot like Abel's Ark because of course.

latest.png?width=811&height=432

The Samaarians are the people of Aionios, led by Noah into this new dimension to start life (one of 3's main themes) once again.

Samaar is one of Xenoblade X's great unresolved mysteries so you could tie it in. I know Takahashi is that big brained.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I didn't actually fight in the final battle in XC1DE, but IIRC, didn't they say they had to do that thing, because time was running low for the world for some unexplained reason? Lifeforms are made of ether and need it to live, so I can see your speculative point.

Well (Xenoblade 1 spoilers obviously)

Spoiler

It didn't need to happen but Zanza wanted to wipe out all life and start anew. The Xenoblade 1 universe only became unstable after Zanza's death and Shulk had to reform it. In theory, it should remain stable but then the merger happened.

Zanza claims he's done it multiple times but Alvis contradicts this.

Although how a world's "magical environment" has gotten so unstable that it needs mass sacrifice is need of answering then. XC1 and XC2 did not take place in the same world, so maybe when the world-merge happened it was inherently unstable. This, despite the appearance of stability to the average person, as -like with XC2's Titan death crisis- it would be a slow terminal decline that blissfully hides the crisis to the unobservant and the unaffected.

Which then brings in the question of Melia and Nia's motives. They might see Ouroboros (i'm still assuming this is the name of our party) as a threat because, as noble as Ouroboros' intentions probably are, it's too big of a risk to take in Melia and Nia's eyes. They probably don't want the war to keep going but it's something that consistently keeps the world stable, as opposed to whatever plan Ouroboros has, which might save everyone but is incredibly risky.

Again, speculation.

For now, I'll -as I thought of it myself- will go with this as the speculative answer if there is one- Samaarians.

Dm7ocgvVAAIE3fI.jpeg?width=768&height=43

Great minds think alike.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Sokmg6r.png

Goat skill. Fates needed this for ninja hells

FE fangame skills be like: "if you do this action, fuck you lmao".

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

sig

wide xeno

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Which then brings in the question of Melia and Nia's motives. They might see Ouroboros (i'm still assuming this is the name of our party) as a threat because, as noble as Ouroboros' intentions probably are, it's too big of a risk to take in Melia and Nia's eyes. They probably don't want the war to keep going but it's something that consistently keeps the world stable, as opposed to whatever plan Ouroboros has, which might save everyone but is incredibly risky

honestly

too ooc for both Melia and Nia ngl, so i can't subscribe to that theory

Edited by Shrimpolaris

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Starting in March tho, i'll be switching to the Xenoblade 3 party members, one character per month up until release. A nice way to count down, i think.

So that'd cover March to August, or am I misunderstanding?

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Oh shit, not again. Is it my time?!

Cosmo, why not try Ys?

You have a Ys origin Demo on steam, if you want some classic Falcom goodness, forget all that new stuff^^

You even have Ys 9 Demo to test modern Ys, but beware the mid boss music.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

too ooc for both Melia and Nia ngl, so i can't subscribe to that theory

I would agree if it wasn't for the fact that it seems an eon has passed. The merger can't have been that recent just based on lines from the trailer.

It would be ooc for both Melia and Nia as we know them but if that much time has passed, i wouldn't expect them to be the same exact character. At risk of starting World War 3, it'd be like Luke in Return of the Jedi vs Luke in The Last Jedi, but on a much bigger scale.

Again, speculation. We know nothing yet. Because right now, it's either this or Melia and Nia have lived lives so long that they've grown jaded (maybe they even lost the one last person who was close to them, Tyrea and Dromarch respectively).

Honestly, i just don't want it to be possession or some shit. If a third party is pulling the strings like Solaris in Xenogears, at least let Melia and Nia and their respective nations keep their own agencies, which was also a thing in Xenogears.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So that'd cover March to August, or am I misunderstanding?

March to September, that's six months. Xenoblade 3 has a tentative September 2022 release date.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

March to September, that's six months. Xenoblade 3 has a tentative September 2022 release date.

Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep.

That's what I mean. Any plans for Sep then?

24 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's one I felt pretty easy about what I was going for, but it can be made easier with the exploration phase giving you more knowledge.

I now wonder about if you were playing without any of that info if you can still get your outcomes or if you get outvoted continuously.

Well, I haven’t actually started talking to anyone about the decision, I was just presented with it and then immediately went to go do side battles. The extra info from the previous exploration gives incentives for both nations, but even then, I’m also considering what we know happens later in the game from the prior demo.

And yeah, rereading through all the extra info doesn’t really help. I still feel there’s a case to be made for both.

Edited by Sooks

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep.

That's what I mean. Any plans for Sep then?

It seems i cannot count.

I'll probably use the boxart as the pfp or some shit for September. 

6 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

You liked CS4

Yeah but not that aspect lmao.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

My kinda crack theory goes a bit into ''Player Party is already dead'' theory.

Takahashi has done this plot point twice already so that's not even a crack theory lmao.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

But yeah i get ya. I hate that stuff

And honestly Nia's mask is a little bit sus. But Melia's mask is one we've seen before so i hope Nia is just wearing it cause she thinks it's neat lmao.

Just now, Sooks said:
18 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well, I haven’t actually started talking to anyone about the decision, I was just presented with it and then immediately went to go do side battles. The extra info from the previous exploration gives incentives for both nations, but even then, I’m also considering what we know happens later in the game from the prior demo.

It did contribute, alongside what I saw in this demo.

I wonder if it might deviate from events in the first demo though, you'd suspect probably not but if it does I'm curious how much so.

Just now, Armagon said:

It seems i cannot count.

I'll probably use the boxart as the pfp or some shit for September. 

You'll figure it out.