• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

17 hours ago, Armagon said:

Morbius will be the first movie to sell a trillion tickets.

17 hours ago, Armagon said:

Matt Smith probably outacted everybody in that movie.

He didn't even know what he was supposed to do, he himself admitted.

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Okay yeah, that was so much better. Shame they're not compatible gameplay-wise, because Gregor is just too precious. Also, "porridge and pierogi!" is a beautiful expression.

Gregor!Laurent is unironically the best Laurent you can get, at least in the base game.

All right, chapter 8 it is.

Well, lookie here. If it isn't Beauty and the Beast. Beauty being Gregor, of course. Certain individuals that shall not be named have asked that I give the latter a chance. You guys really want me to fail objective 1 of 3, with these riveting picks for my team... Ahh, well. Worth a shot, I suppose. You get to breathe for now, Nowi. Do not take this for granted. Inb4 I forget to move her again.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Hahaha! Ah too true, the best supports are always between the least mechanically compatible

Oof.

final_624b44b241a61b0085995e32_110093.thumb.png.1228e6fb95a9bb6ab834c5ff55cf331e.png

I feel like a sports fan who just witnessed their favorite team lose.

What is it with you guys and your awful pegasus knights? Why can't you like Cherche instead?

Well, I'm really truly sorry, but I simply can't. Sumia already has an extremely difficult time being useful. I cannot justify having two flying deadweights with this level of brutal difficulty.

...Well okay, truth be told, Kellam is damn near worthless as well. But c'mon. He's Kellam.

37 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Gregor!Laurent is unironically the best Laurent you can get, at least in the base game.

What? Really? But Gregor is as physical as physical gets. Wouldn't Laurent have absolute shit magic if Gregor provided the seed?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What? Really? But Gregor is as physical as physical gets. Wouldn't Laurent have absolute shit magic if Gregor provided the seed?

He's the only one other than Donnel and Robin who can give him the Mercenary class, so I guess Armsthrift is part of the equation here.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, chapter 8 it is.

Well, lookie here. If it isn't Beauty and the Beast. Beauty being Gregor, of course. Certain individuals that shall not be named have asked that I give the latter a chance. You guys really want me to fail objective 1 of 3, with these riveting picks for my team... Ahh, well. Worth a shot, I suppose. You get to breathe for now, Nowi. Do not take this for granted. Inb4 I forget to move her again.

Incorrect, Gregor is both Beauty and Beast. Nowi is just Nowi.

if you do end up benching Nowi, you should at least check out her supports with Tharja as they are pretty heartfelt.

And while you're at it, check Gregor and Tharja's supports, one of the bestsin the game.

And on top of that, check out Libra and Tharja's supports as well.

Christ, for being one of the weaker characters of Awakening, Tharja sure is in a lot of the best supports in the game...

Barlowe: "Hmm... Perhaps she doesn't need our help so much as we could use hers..."

Nowi: Instantly dies.

That never gets old.

Ah, but I did promise, so into Gregor's big protective arms you go, Nowi. Let Gregor handle mean men. This will also help them gain a good few support points together, so I can not marry them, because I refuse to do that to Gregor.

Also, the voice select mod may've been a mistake. Every time Nowi goes "you like dragons~?" my eye twitches. Thank God this chapter also brings in Gregor and his beautiful accent.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

He's the only one other than Donnel and Robin who can give him the Mercenary class, so I guess Armsthrift is part of the equation here.

Ah, that would make sense.

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Incorrect, Gregor is both Beauty and Beast. Nowi is just Nowi.

Hah! That's a good one. Wish I'd come up with it, myself...

if you do end up benching Nowi, you should at least check out her supports with Tharja as they are pretty heartfelt.

I'll try to keep her around. At the very least, until she produces Nah.

...Oh, goddamnit, that means I gotta marry her off to someone...

And while you're at it, check Gregor and Tharja's supports, one of the bestsin the game.

And on top of that, check out Libra and Tharja's supports as well.

Christ, for being one of the weaker characters of Awakening, Tharja sure is in a lot of the best supports in the game...

Turns out Tharja is secretly a good character. But you can't say that. Only Three Houses characters are allowed to be good.

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What is it with you guys and your awful pegasus knights? Why can't you like Cherche instead?

Well, I'm really truly sorry, but I simply can't. Sumia already has an extremely difficult time being useful. I cannot justify having two flying deadweights with this level of brutal difficulty.

…Than the real question Rubenio is who are you going to get your avatar to marry?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

Sumia got another point of strength.

Also, Gregor is straight up a better Chrom. A fact that he has further set in stone by getting a near perfect level for his first 100 experience milestone. Being able to say these words makes me happy beyond words.

3 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

…Than the real question Rubenio is who are you going to get your avatar to marry?

He already did lol. He married Miriel just an hour or two ago.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

One word.

Galeforce.

For Cordy, anyway.

Ah, yeah, the gamebreak strats. Unfortunately, the mod has done well away with Galeforce, so all Cordy is is Sumia but even worse. Sure, two more strength, but she's so hilariously slow that she can't even double for something remotely resembling decent damage.

I'm using her in the desert, though. At the very least, she's being useful at setting up mire mages for Sumia to finish.

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm really into redheads.

Wait, no, that joke doesn't work here since Cherche is also a redhead...

I'm sorry, Cherche is kind of boring and her wyvern gets more character development then she does.

Anyhow, Cordelia is up there as one of Awakening's best written characters, along with Gregor and Libra.

And I don't know what the mod is doing to Cordy but in the base game she is an absolute beast from start to finish.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll try to keep her around. At the very least, until she produces Nah.

...Oh, goddamnit, that means I gotta marry her off to someone...

Reminds me, Libra and Nowi's supports are also very good.

Not saying you should marry the two, C to A is the highlight of it.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Turns out Tharja is secretly a good character. But you can't say that. Only Three Houses characters are allowed to be good.

I'd love to sit here and tell you how great Tharja is as a character, and while she does get a lot of good points, her obsession with the Avatar really brings her down in my eyes. Were there even just one support where she explicitly got over her obsession, she would rise up as an S tier character but sadly her obsession is treated more as a integral character trait rather than a flaw that she needs to get over.

I mean, whether I like a character is more than just gameplay viability. It's not that I don't like Cherche either. Just still like Sumia more than her.

But fine, I get it. Already learned my lesson.

All right, so Cordelia got two 3% crits in a row and this resulted in her getting a level. A good level, to be precise. HP, strength, skill, speed.

Eh. Works for me. Guess you get your wish for now, Quetzal. Jesus, though... Libra is coming soon, so is Henry, Tharja I'm told I should check out too... How do you guys want me to fit this many people into my team? I don't have room!

8 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I'm really into redheads.

Wait, no, that joke doesn't work here since Cherche is also a redhead...

Hahahah! You played yourself!

I'm sorry, Cherche is kind of boring and her wyvern gets more character development then she does.

I can't say I remember much of her. I was well on my way to stop reading the text when she joined.

Anyhow, Cordelia is up there as one of Awakening's best written characters, along with Gregor and Libra.

Of course she is.

And I don't know what the mod is doing to Cordy but in the base game she is an absolute beast from start to finish.

Really? Checking the patch notes, it doesn't seem like the mod did anything at all to Cordy. She probably just fell victim to the rest of the game around her changing. What sufficed to make her gamebreakingly good in vanilla is no longer enough, or something.

Reminds me, Libra and Nowi's supports are also very good.

Not saying you should marry the two, C to A is the highlight of it.

I mean, who else is going to marry Nowi? Options are tight and deployment slots, even more so.

I'd love to sit here and tell you how great Tharja is as a character, and while she does get a lot of good points, her obsession with the Avatar really brings her down in my eyes. Were there even just one support where she explicitly got over her obsession, she would rise up as an S tier character but sadly her obsession is treated more as a integral character trait rather than a flaw that she needs to get over.

Ah well.

2 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Why Miriel?

Because she's randomly my best unit and Barlowe spent a long time being her +5 magic backpack.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, whether I like a character is more than just gameplay viability. It's not that I don't like Cherche either. Just still like Sumia more than her.

Well, yeah. Honestly, I have no strong feelings for Cherche. I just kinda want a flier that can do things.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But fine, I get it. Already learned my lesson.

Hey, no. Don't be like that. I'm doing this. I'm committed. This is going to work. Sumia is going to kill Grima or I will die of a stress-induced aneurysm.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Because she's randomly my best unit and Barlowe spent a long time being her +5 magic backpack.

I weep for the lost opportunities you’ll now never have Rubenio:

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of course she is.

Damn. This hits close to home. 

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

h, yeah, the gamebreak strats. Unfortunately, the mod has done well away with Galeforce, so all Cordy is is Sumia but even worse. Sure, two more strength, but she's so hilariously slow that she can't even double for something remotely resembling decent damage.

I feel offended from you calling her Cordy. Just having Cord in the name is an insult. Doesnt even compare to the mighty Cord.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, yeah. Honestly, I have no strong feelings for Cherche. I just kinda want a flier that can do things.

Huh. Cherche is usually broken for me. She feels like one of the only units who can actually do things on lunatic without excessive grinding, and I sure can't say the same for Sumia. 

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ruben, Lucina will be team MVP 100%. After all, she is the only Awakening character that matters imo! Xd

That's a strange way to spell Vaike.

Oooo! Another one! Another point of strength on Sumia! Could this be it? The redemption arc? Ohoho...!

And Chalant or whatever his name was dropped an energy drop! Well, I know who's getting that, haha. Sumia is now 100% better than Cordelia in every single way. Ah... Oh well, as long as I have room for her.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Ruben, Lucina will be team MVP 100%. After all, she is the only Awakening character that matters imo! Xd

I can only pray you are correct.

1 minute ago, Shaky Jones said:

I feel offended from you calling her Cordy. Just having Cord in the name is an insult. Doesnt even compare to the mighty Cord.

I wasn't even the first to call her Cordy!

Huh. Cherche is usually broken for me. She feels like one of the only units who can actually do things on lunatic without excessive grinding, and I sure can't say the same for Sumia. 

To be fair, the entire Awakening cast is reduced to "Panne", "Gregor" and "Not Panne or Gregor" for me. It'll take this second run to actually get some favorites.

That's a strange way to spell Vaike.

I can vouch for Vaike's usefulness so far. He's a little on the slow side, but his HP lets him eat a couple of hits and he hits like a truck, something precious few others can say.

Nowi:
So you know how old I am, huh? Weird. Most people can't stop talking about how young I look.

Gregor:
Is just, how you say, flatulence?

I stared at this for a solid three seconds in dumbfounded silence. Then I laughed so hard I started crying.

I don't even know what the hell he was trying to say. I'll find out in a minute.

I love you so much, Gregor.

...Yeah, fuck it, it's official, this game is better than Radiant Dawn. Flatulence made it so.

Atlus smoking the biggest pot of weed when they designed the final boss of Royal, i just want to end this already.

16 hours ago, Julizan said:

As said I love this heavy Dedede theme in Forgotten Land, but I kinda miss the catchyness which made me loving this series

I have heard a few people say that the music, while good, doesn't "sound like Kirby" which....alright i guess? 

I understand you tho.

10 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait didn't you saying reviving?

Revives and buffs fall into the same type of cateogry.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, so Cordelia got two 3% crits in a row and this resulted in her getting a level. A good level, to be precise. HP, strength, skill, speed.

Eh. Works for me. Guess you get your wish for now, Quetzal. Jesus, though... Libra is coming soon, so is Henry, Tharja I'm told I should check out too... How do you guys want me to fit this many people into my team? I don't have room!

One of these days, they're going to release a Fire Emblem game where you can use literally use all units available to you in every chapter, and the game is going to be built around that.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of course she is.

If you couldn't tell already, I really like the cast of Awakening.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahah! You played yourself!

Okay, so if I look at my favorite characters in Fire Emblem...

Cordelia...Anna...Sakura...Gangrel...

Oh God I really am into redheads.

Fucking flatulence.

Oh my God I can't stop giggling like an idiot at that.

They got my guard down with the typical dragon loli exchange and then they dropped that gem on me.

Gregor man, have mercy, I'm dying here.

I had intended to share my intention to marry Gregor to Tharja after remembering that her daughter is that one archer girl, and criticize Vaike for doing the chicken wrong, but my plans were all dashed.

By flatulence.

Oh my God that was so fucking funny. I'm not even sure why. Just the sheer absurdity of Gregor's answer made my brain shortcircuit.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

One of these days, they're going to release a Fire Emblem game where you can use literally use all units available to you in every chapter, and the game is going to be built around that.

The problem (or boon, depending on how you look at it) with this is that you can't really have a big cast if everyone's going to be on the field. Moving 30 units each turn is not fun. And, of course, permadeath is out of the question with a small team.

If you couldn't tell already, I really like the cast of Awakening.

I cannot blame you. Not after the flatulence.

Okay, so if I look at my favorite characters in Fire Emblem...

Cordelia...Anna...Sakura...Gangrel...

Oh God I really am into redheads.

I've a more specific type. Redheads in general are all right. Redhead archer girls, though? The best of the best, every time. I suppose that's why I want to make Noire into one haha

Edited by Saint Rubenio

It's late too. I won't be able to play more. Today's Awakening session ends with Sumia beginning her redemption arc and Gregor dropping the single greatest line in the game so far.

Life is good, guys. Life is good. Like flatulence.

...I finished reading the support and I still haven't the faintest clue what he was trying to say. But I think I like it better that way.

Oh, man.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Life is good, guys. Life is good. Like flatulence.

No Rubenio! Don’t do it! Don’t fall for Awakening’s faux charms! Come back to us Rubenio, come back!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I finished reading the support and I still haven't the faintest clue what he was trying to say. But I think I like it better that way.

I'm pretty sure I have an idea, but I won't ruin things for you.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Atlus smoking the biggest pot of weed when they designed the final boss of Royal, i just want to end this already.

Persona 5 Royal's final boss without context:

The_world_c252.png