Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

FQ0whn7WYAU5ykQ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Zzvsd6J.png

Ahh i see. She's those Twitter users that see a hot character and be like "oh their so hot, i'll glady let them kill me instantly".

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

c2dzA53.png

Shoujo_manga.png

Truely the most degenerate of them all

The girl right now

cover2.jpg

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Nah, Xeno as a whole is very good.

The thing with Xenoblade is that it's honestly just the most accessible games in the series.

And yet we are in the minority here. Xd

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FQ0y2GKWUAAB00a?format=jpg&name=4096x409

BRUH, I TOOK OVER THIS SHIP FAIR AND SQUARE BUT I STILL HAVE TO BUY IT????????

I'm like actually kinda pissed rn.

Capitalism

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

And yet we are in the minority here. Xd

* old af games

* known discontinued series

Sheesh Teehee, y'all acting up. You could have just bonked the manga earlier.

FaGBP.png.ec14d4e96ec7248b82215a6de926418f.png

TIL Gogoat hasn't been catchable in a pokemon game since X/Y and is the only pre-Gen 7 pokemon that can't be caught outside it's region.

(Let it be in S/V)

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

FQ03fQPWQAIJZWt?format=jpg&name=4096x409

For the first time ever, Attack of the Clones is better than the Phantom Menace.

Anakin being a stickler for the rules is OOC

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For how insistent the series is on using it, it's remarkable how little they do with most of them. Notice how in my analysis the issue with half of them was "lack of screentime"? I mean, c'mon, Glen is just a sad display.

Is Glen even a Camus tho? He died before he confronted his emperor and could come to his own conclusion about staying loyal or defecting.

Glen is more a victim of "Six Gemstone Generals sounds pretty" -but having a plot too short to accommodate them all, plus Lyon, plus Orson, plus the Demon King. Eight villains (because Duessel doesn't count) in a 22/28 chapter game.

59 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Don't ever let adulthood stop you from doing the things you enjoyed as a child.

Reminds me my parents mock me a little when I say I still like Kirby.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Sheesh Teehee, y'all acting up. You could have just bonked the manga earlier.

FaGBP.png.ec14d4e96ec7248b82215a6de926418f.png

I wasn't around to do that. And on seeing the images, my mind recalled a decidedly and unexpectedly dark turn of the plot in a certain video game which I shall leave unnamed.

I was almost going to miss at least one chest in chapter 13 because I massively overestimated how much Sothe could move in 10 turns (yes I’m using Sothe over Volke, any semblance of difficulty helps, plus he’s important in Radiant Dawn), but apparently, by a stroke of pure luck, Marcia has apparently had a chest key sitting in her inventory for who knows how many chapters.

Also Astrid lmaoooo. I might actually use her tho.

I gave Jill a speedwing I had lying around, and with her two speed levels she is doubling everything. I can’t wait to bench Marcia!

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Who brings up something only to say "I won't tell" about it, sheesh...

Sayeth he for whom there is no such thing as a spoiler.

Fine, if you want to know...

Spoiler

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha XIV vs. King Abaddon 

Now, for all the details...

Spoiler

Plot point in question- A family regularly marries their daughters to a being known as Lord Tento.

As it slowly turns out, Lord Tento is an insect humanoid who lives underground. Lord Tento migrated to Japan thousands of years ago and established an unusually advanced culture in the area before humans drove him underground. Lord Tento is bitter, very ugly, and doesn't care for humans very much.

And, Lord Tento is actually an entire species of organisms. All of whom are male. When a daughter of the clan "marries" the "Lord Tento", she is given over to all of them. The "bride" is raped again and again, bearing the next generation of insect humanoids known as Old Ones. Her body gradually becomes insect-like as well. The rest of her life consists of purest misery.

The way the game drops the visceral revelation on the player -without actually showing the IRL player anything graphic- came off as quite disturbingly shocking to me. Neither the first Raidou Kuzunoha game nor anything else in King Abaddon goes in this dark direction.

As for why a family would generation-after-generation give their daughters over to such horrors, there is a reason. You see, the family is a clan of assassins approved by the Shinto gods, they might be shady, but on the whole they help protect Japan.

These holy hitmen rely on Luck Locusts, which steal a person's good luck from them. Either the person dies of an unlucky accident, or they despair of their unending misfortune and die of sorrow or commit suicide. Either way, death by lucklessness leaves not a trace of the murderer, nor evidence of the murder weapon, nobody can seriously claim a murder happened. It's the perfect assassination.

Outside of the assassin clan and their little rural village which is entirely devoted to them, nobody know about the Luck Locusts. And the Luck Locusts are manufactured by the Old Ones. The Old Ones get to reproduce, the assassins get the means by which they can carry out their heavenly duty.

Does this still sound twisted? Well, you wouldn't be the only one to think so. When the young man who would be the assassin clan's next leader saw in-person what had become of the last "bride to Lord Tento", he refused to let his little sister meet the same fate. And so Dahn becomes the game's villain, the man who through acquiring the status of "King Abaddon", seeks to sever his family's ties to such an awful pact, and at the same time find a replacement for the Luck Locusts so the family business can stay open.

I know, this whole thing might sound crazy -and it is. The Raidou games were intended to be over-the-top to some extent, the first game is subtitled "vs. the Soulless Army", but in Japan it's "vs. the Super-Powered Army", who seriously calls something "super-powered"? Which only emphasizes how bizarre the rape twist in King Abaddon is.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer