• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

23 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

On the bright side: game releasing earlier than expected!

On the monkey's paw side: I have less than a day to beat Gunvolt 3 and depending on what my schedule on July 28th is.....

I mean if i get that Thursday off, it's all good, but i also can't ask for it because my birthday is the week before and i'll be asking for time off for that.

23 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

FE when

Monolith Soft FE with this level of spritework 

People would no longer be saying GBA FE has the best animations in the series (yes i know you don't agree with that statement in the first place).

23 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Not counting Auras that self revive?

That still only works on you and is a temporary measure.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Agreed. Best modern Zelda game.

Indeed. Lorule theme an absolute banger.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On the monkey's paw side: I have less than a day to beat Gunvolt 3 and depending on what my schedule on July 28th is.....

You know what to do.

Screen-Shot-2022-04-21-at-9-06-55-AM.png

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

People would no longer be saying GBA FE has the best animations in the series (yes i know you don't agree with that statement in the first place).

Hopefully they'll find some way to keep the 2D skills alive. Focusing on AAA 3D stuff without any b-grade in-house projects means they could dull.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait, what? Would you normally be beating it in a day? If not, wouldn’t it hurt your enjoyment to force yourself through it in a day to play something else instead of just playing Gunvolt later?

Edited by Sooks

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Obviously, this is the game where Gonk Droid is playable.

Shirtless Kylo Ren is playable too.

No wonder Ruben wanted to play this game so badly.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hopefully they'll find some way to keep the 2D skills alive. Focusing on AAA 3D stuff without any b-grade in-house projects means they could dull.

Same. PxZ2 came out in 2015, it's been a hot minute since Monolith Soft worked on any 2D projects. 

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, what? Would you normally be beating it in a day?

Inti Creates games are not very long. I've beaten Gunvolt games in 1 sitting before, the BMZ games in two.

The difference is back then i didn't have a job.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Inti Creates games are not very long. I've beaten Gunvolt games in 1 sitting before, the BMZ games in two.

The difference is back then i didn't have a job.

Makes sense.

IMG_20220421_085015.jpg

Just now, Sooks said:

Makes sense.

But also like, Gunvolt 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. It was the last mainline game in the series before Gunvolt 3 later this year.

Gunvolt 2 came out in 2016, when i was a junior in highschool. Even tho it was only actually announced in 2020, i've been waiting for this game for years. 

34 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

They use hot men as currency 😮

Ah yes. The hottest of studs.

yckk94q303641.jpg?auto=webp&s=e7a59b6d42

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Obviously, this is the game where Gonk Droid is playable.

Don't forget Gonkatine. The true mastermind behind the war.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Shirtless Kylo Ren is playable too.

No wonder Ruben wanted to play this game so badly.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20220421_085015.jpg

Man: Regular suit, normal hairdo.

Woman: Bloated dominatrix get-up with hair that would take her an hour to get done every morning.

Yes, I see this is in fact anime.

Any Star Wars fans here? Please cover your eyes, I'm going to say something bad.

I think BB-8 is cuter than R2D2.

There, I said it. I'm sorry I committed a sin. I will spend 5 paragraphs praising the original trilogy to redeem myself. Uh, later.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wdym, this is just like in real life?

I mean, those bangs look rather elaborate, not to mention the unnecessary gold ornaments. She's an assassin, right? An assassin is supposed to look inconspicuous, move swiftly yet silently, get the job done and escape without leaving a trace. You'd think a simple ponytail and a dark stealth suit would best sell the assassin look. But no, she has to look like she's headed to prom night instead, while the guy is allowed to look like a regular pen-pusher because he's a guy.

But, again, it's anime. Anime loves to put its women in high heels even if it's completely stupid for them to wear such things. It's just a fact of life. Don't listen to me, I'm just grumpy.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I guess the design worked on you. I did think it looked like the designers were trying to go for being overwhelming in being cute when I first saw it, but I definitely never disliked it..

I get it, but I was someone who watched the OT before the prequels were even out and we still have R2 somewhere in the house.

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, those bangs look rather elaborate, not to mention the unnecessary gold ornaments. She's an assassin, right? An assassin is supposed to look inconspicuous, move swiftly yet silently, get the job done and escape without leaving a trace. You'd think a simple ponytail and a dark stealth suit would best sell the assassin look. But no, she has to look like she's headed to prom night instead, while the guy is allowed to look like a regular pen-pusher because he's a guy.

But, again, it's anime. Anime loves to put its women in high heels even if it's completely stupid for them to wear such things. It's just a fact of life. Don't listen to me, I'm just grumpy.

Well, I haven't seen the thing, but if her targets are mostly high-class socialites, the ones to attend fancy parties and stuff, then yes, the "headed for prom night" look would allow her to look inconspicuous. The dark stealth suit would, ironically, just make her stand out more.

I would think those are mostly misconceptions fueled by fiction, and perhaps derived from the old Japanese theater stagehands that dressed in black and the audience was expected to ignore them as they did the special effects.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

55 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Any Star Wars fans here? Please cover your eyes, I'm going to say something bad.

There, I said it. I'm sorry I committed a sin. I will spend 5 paragraphs praising the original trilogy to redeem myself. Uh, later.

To be fair, you are in the age group the Sequel trilogy was meant to target with stuff like BB-8, so it's not that surprising. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)

1. [NSW] Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Nintendo, 03/25/22) – 38,234 (589,200)
  2. [NSW] 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (ATLUS, 04/14/22) – 27,199 (New)

This is 75% of Japanese Day 1 PS4 sales for 13SAR (which is an awful acronym, sounds like a virus). This, despite being ported over two years later, and Japan supposedly not buying into late ports very often.

In summary, a relatively impressive reception for a late port in a niche genre.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She's an assassin, right? An assassin is supposed to look inconspicuous, move swiftly yet silently, get the job done and escape without leaving a trace. You'd think a simple ponytail and a dark stealth suit would best sell the assassin look.

You complain about a fictional character who should look stealthy?

weird-ninja.large.jpg

🤪

Simply put, actual assassins and stuff like ninja actually looked like this:

en-henso.gif

That was the actual point of being "stealthy".

What we associate as ninja/assassin/spy/etc. garb:

colornin: cerastes: daisenseiben: ... - get a grip, old man!

Was for kabuki theater stagehands.

Granted, a ninja could disguise as a theater stagehand, but it wasn't their only go-to "uniform".

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That "Eccentric" Ninja is wearing too much, imho. As everybody knows, wearing heavy armour impedes one's ability to sneak about. So it follows that less armour means better sneaking, and no clothing at all means quasi-invisibility.

Yes, that joke is shamelessly stolen

Fuck, I need to catch up on OOTS one of these days...

6 minutes ago, ping said:

So it follows that less armour means better sneaking, and no clothing at all means quasi-invisibility.

Isn't that how The Elder Scrolls handles it?

Obviously blending in requires you to, y'know, blend in.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)

1. [NSW] Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Nintendo, 03/25/22) – 38,234 (589,200)
  2. [NSW] 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (ATLUS, 04/14/22) – 27,199 (New)

This is 75% of Japanese Day 1 PS4 sales for 13SAR (which is an awful acronym, sounds like a virus). This, despite being ported over two years later, and Japan supposedly not buying into late ports very often.

In summary, a relatively impressive reception for a late port in a niche genre.

So it looks like it's working out?

That the port has held up?

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I guess the design worked on you. I did think it looked like the designers were trying to go for being overwhelming in being cute when I first saw it, but I definitely never disliked it..

I get it, but I was someone who watched the OT before the prequels were even out and we still have R2 somewhere in the house.

Yeah, of course. I mean, even though I watched like, two prequels and played Complete Saga when I was a boy, I consider the entirety of Star Wars to be varying degrees of mediocre. Can't say I feel much animosity or love for any of it. The memes are the most emotion it gets out of me, frankly. So yeah, I'm going to appreciate the ball droid. It rolls.

55 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I haven't seen the thing, but if her targets are mostly high-class socialites, the ones to attend fancy parties and stuff, then yes, the "headed for prom night" look would allow her to look inconspicuous. The dark stealth suit would, ironically, just make her stand out more.

I would think those are mostly misconceptions fueled by fiction, and perhaps derived from the old Japanese theater stagehands that dressed in black and the audience was expected to ignore them as they did the special effects.

Ah, fair enough. Still, from what little I've seen of this anime (read, one trailer), she seems like the kind who runs very fast, jumps in the air and fights with knives. So the heels are dumb. But then, that just makes her what, the 85328542389th female character in fiction that's made to perform physically taxing activies in the worst shoes conceived by humankind?

My point is, high heels are a torture device and no woman should be made to wear them by societal conventions. But they do, because societal conventions are dumb.

53 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

To be fair, you are in the age group the Sequel trilogy was meant to target with stuff like BB-8, so it's not that surprising. XD

He's a ball. And he rolls. That's the coolest thing ever! He's like Genny, he's ready to roll. Maybe that's been the reason I like Genny all along. Unbeknownst even to myself, I have a fondness for things that roll.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

weird-ninja.large.jpg

🤪

Why did you send me this screenshot? It's just an empty field. I don't see what point you're trying to make here, I can't see anybody.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, fair enough. Still, from what little I've seen of this anime (read, one trailer), she seems like the kind who runs very fast, jumps in the air and fights with knives. So the heels are dumb. But then, that just makes her what, the 85328542389th female character in fiction that's made to perform physically taxing activies in the worst shoes conceived by humankind?

My point is, high heels are a torture device and no woman should be made to wear them by societal conventions. But they do, because societal conventions are dumb.

And anime ain't real. So honestly, I don't see why it should be bothersome that the work of fiction is... fictional to begin with.

Sarcastically Surprised Kirk | Know Your Meme

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So yeah, I'm going to appreciate the ball droid. It rolls.

Oh no, it's Genny-8-

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He's a ball. And he rolls. That's the coolest thing ever! He's like Genny, he's ready to roll. Maybe that's been the reason I like Genny all along. Unbeknownst even to myself, I have a fondness for things that roll.

I see we're on the same page.

I suppose this is as good a time as any to say that I've not watched the sequels and they're the trilogy that I'm the least familiar with.

Soo uhh... Does Rey hallucinate about Anakin going "I don't like sand" in the movie too?

Anyway, I've obtained the 4x stud multiplier. Now I am more efficient in my collection of studs.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And anime ain't real. So honestly, I don't see why it should be bothersome that the work of fiction is... fictional to begin with.

Sarcastically Surprised Kirk | Know Your Meme

Eh. True. It's just a pet peeve of mine, to be completely honest.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't listen to me, I'm just grumpy.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Oh no, it's Genny-8-

I see we're on the same page.

He's going to roll over Palpatine 2: Electric Boogalo.

Edited by Saint Rubenio