Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I suppose this is as good a time as any to say that I've not watched the sequels and they're the trilogy that I'm the least familiar with.

Soo uhh... Does Rey hallucinate about Anakin going "I don't like sand" in the movie too?

I hope she hallucinates him dancing.

The Darth Side Of The Force Is A Pathway To Many Abilities GIF - The Darth  Side Of The Force Is A Pathway To Many Abilities - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 177.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Soo uhh... Does Rey hallucinate about Anakin going "I don't like sand" in the movie too?

Hold on, do they do that in the game?

Yeah no, they definitely don't reference that line and if I recall correctly she doesn't hear Anakin in this one.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Hold on, do they do that in the game?

Yes. She starts hearing voices, which is always a good sign of a healthy mental state. Among them is Annie going "I don't like sand." Because this game is the best way to experience these movies.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Yeah no, they definitely don't reference that line and if I recall correctly she doesn't hear Anakin in this one.

Ah, shame.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, fair enough. Still, from what little I've seen of this anime (read, one trailer), she seems like the kind who runs very fast, jumps in the air and fights with knives. So the heels are dumb. But then, that just makes her what, the 85328542389th female character in fiction that's made to perform physically taxing activies in the worst shoes conceived by humankind?

My point is, high heels are a torture device and no woman should be made to wear them by societal conventions. But they do, because societal conventions are dumb.

My favourite is Sarah Kerrigan in StarCraft2. Human lady, reshaped by the swarmy Zergy bois into the ultimate combat machine, with superior psionic powers and incredible physical strength and dexterity.

And also with biological high heels. Gotta make sure that the booty looks just right.

maxresdefault.jpg

6 minutes ago, ping said:

My favourite is Sarah Kerrigan in StarCraft2. Human lady, reshaped by the swarmy Zergy bois into the ultimate combat machine, with superior psionic powers and incredible physical strength and dexterity.

And also with biological high heels. Gotta make sure that the booty looks just right.

maxresdefault.jpg

Jesus fucking Christ.

3 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Meme? It's yours, my friend.

ilwqv9abgju81.png?width=680&auto=webp&s=2f34c8ef3797e629d7698834fef1c08ba0e237a8

That reminds me of my last FE7 run, where due to a mod he was playable and had his own prf. I ended up not using him because I had Ultra Serra.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Man: Regular suit, normal hairdo.

Woman: Bloated dominatrix get-up with hair that would take her an hour to get done every morning.

Yes, I see this is in fact anime.

Tuxedo and Tie is basically the male equivalent of what she's wearing so it's all fair. One chokes you, the other breaks your ankles, what a fun metaphor for conforming to societies expectations.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, those bangs look rather elaborate, not to mention the unnecessary gold ornaments. She's an assassin, right? An assassin is supposed to look inconspicuous, move swiftly yet silently, get the job done and escape without leaving a trace. You'd think a simple ponytail and a dark stealth suit would best sell the assassin look. But no, she has to look like she's headed to prom night instead, while the guy is allowed to look like a regular pen-pusher because he's a guy.

But, again, it's anime. Anime loves to put its women in high heels even if it's completely stupid for them to wear such things. It's just a fact of life. Don't listen to me, I'm just grumpy.

Here, I have an idea of what she should dress like.

Assassin's Creed 2 Teaser Website and Trailer Launched ...

Sue me.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I haven't seen the thing, but if her targets are mostly high-class socialites, the ones to attend fancy parties and stuff, then yes, the "headed for prom night" look would allow her to look inconspicuous. The dark stealth suit would, ironically, just make her stand out more.

I would think those are mostly misconceptions fueled by fiction, and perhaps derived from the old Japanese theater stagehands that dressed in black and the audience was expected to ignore them as they did the special effects.

Seeing how this anime takes place during the cold war and might take inspirations from James Bond and other classic spy films, this kind of outfit makes sense since as you said, she's likely hiding in fancy dinner parties to poison drinks or snipe targets from afar, no hand to hand combat.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My point is, high heels are a torture device and no woman should be made to wear them by societal conventions. But they do, because societal conventions are dumb.

Preach brother.

29 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Where did she get the Subtle Knife?

Who knows. Maybe she also has the Golden Compass and the Amber Spyglass as well?

Edited by WraithReborn

.....I spent more of today than I should have learning about Berserk.

It deserves it's rep.

48 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Who knows.

Spoilers for His Dark Materials by the way.

Read it.

Spoiler

Will fucking broke it!

How does she have it?

48 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Who knows. Maybe she also has the Golden Compass and the Amber Spyglass as well?

What is this Golden Compass, we only acknowledge Northern Lights here!

Edited by Dayni

4 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

i blame Sooks

I can't believe I recognize this anime.

I've never heard its name, heard the theme song, read a synopsis or seen discussion about it at all.

But I know what it is.