Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Why chapter 17? Why? Three boring maps? Bleh!

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That's for every cavalier.

For mages you can choose instead staffs or knives.

Wait… what? You get the option of extra healing and utility or knives? As in, the two might weapon based on strength and locked at one range for your mages? Why? Why would anyone pick that? Why is that even an option?

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

And on the subject of mages, I've always went with staffs. I basically promote Soren and Ilyana and ditch Mist (who gets to reach a sufficient level and staff rank for you-know-what) and Rhys for the rest of the game. XD

Just now, Sooks said:

Wait… what? You get the option of extra healing and utility or knives? As in, the two might weapon based on strength and locked at one range for your mages? Why? Why would anyone pick that? Why is that even an option?

The novelty I guess? Experimenting?

But yeah, there's really not that many incentives to give mages knives.

The Stiletto is the only knife that's really worth it due to being anti-armor... but then, sages can just use magic against them, so... yeah...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just like in the GBA games, Steel Axes are E-rank weapons. As are Hand Axes.
Unlike the GBA games, weight is negated by Strength. So the huge weight is not actually a hindrance in this game.

Anything else is just not worth it, because of how hard it is to dig yourself out of that E rank.

If Oscar learns Bows and Boyd promotes, there will be a followup to their event about coming up with a special move. They will then learn the Triangle Attack.
Cute, but not much else.

Edited by BrightBow

47 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And once again, this chapter (chapter 17) is just such a nothing map.

s.

Maps.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why chapter 17? Why? Three boring maps? Bleh!

Yeah.

I mean, why are you surprised? The entire game is nothing boring maps.

I'm actually going to defend this, despite being the PoR hater. The knife promotion exists precisely because it's useless. It's there to give an incentive to train the unpromoted mages and to keep the sages from being Pent, as they both have knives.

That, and of course, meme knife Soren is funny, if you want to go that route.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, I get to choose a weapon for Astrid when she promotes? Interesting.

Uhhh… axes I guess? She could use the extra damage.

This, on the other hand, it's just kinda there. Axes every time. No brainer choice.

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

If Oscar learns Bows and Boyd promotes, there will be a followup to their event about coming up with a special move. They will then learn the Triangle Attack.
Cute, but not much else.

Plus, this needs to happen before chapter 19. Since all events are tied to specific chapters.

Sadly this isn't like Berwick Saga where events that are not tangled up in main story maps will simply occur whenever you meet the requirements.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

s.

Maps.

Yeah.

Pain.

I mean, why are you surprised? The entire game is nothing boring maps.

Some of them have had some sort of flavor instead of just… existing.

I'm actually going to defend this, despite being the PoR hater. The knife promotion exists precisely because it's useless. It's there to give an incentive to train the unpromoted mages and to keep the sages from being Pent, as they both have knives.

Interesting…

Sothe is the better knife meme.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Somehow I doubt that was the intent. Probably just another case of them trying to bring back an SNES mechanic in the dumbest way possible.

In any case, the game is not doing itself any favors by having such few healers.

Edited by BrightBow

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Plus, this needs to happen before chapter 19. Since all events are tied to specific chapters.

Sadly this isn't like Berwick Saga where events that are not tangled up in main story maps will simply occur whenever you meet the requirements.

Comparing this game to Berwick Saga is like comparing eating a turd to a nice dinner at a luxury restaurant. I mean, c'mon. It's just not fair.

Some of them have had some sort of flavor instead of just… existing.

I guess that's true. I mean, gotta latch on to something when playing PoR.

Sothe is the better knife meme.

Hmm, well... Yeah, undeniably.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Somehow I doubt that was the intent. Probably just another case of them trying to bring back an SNES mechanic in the dumbest way possible.

Plus, the game is not doing itself any favors by having such few healers.

I mean, yes, all of this is true, but hey. At least there's no Pent. It's something.

...Wait, what SNES mechanic are we talking about here? As far as I recall, neither knives nor choosing the weapon type to gain on promotion was a thing in the SNES games...

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, yes, all of this is true, but hey. At least there's no Pent. It's something.

...Wait, what SNES mechanic are we talking about here? As far as I recall, neither knives nor choosing the weapon type to gain on promotion was a thing in the SNES games...

No knives, sure. But weapon / magic hybrid classes were a thing.

Knives are just bad swords anyway. It's not like they have any unique traits like in Berwick Saga.

Just now, BrightBow said:

But weapon / magic hybrid classes were a thing.

This isnt bad at base, just cause they cant design gameplay the right way doesnt mean it isn't a good idea.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

No knives, sure. But weapon / magic hybrid classes were a thing.

Knives are just bad swords anyway. It's not like they have any unique traits like in Berwick Saga.

Ah, yes, I realize your point now.

...Yeah, probably true.

9 Mag Maruj.

Doing Eisenbach proud.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There’s… a fourth map?

No… nooooo……

At least this one has some wrinkles to it.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There’s… a fourth map?

No… nooooo……

Yep. Four maps. That's supposed to be the wooooow cool gimmick of chapter 17. It's actually four chapters in one, with a consistent team to which you add two units to the team per map, if I recall correctly.

Of course, Path of Radiance is still Path of Radiance, so there's no difficulty and this really just means three extra maps of boredom before the credits roll. The consistent team gimmick doesn't even do anything, I mean, this is Fire Emblem, everyone uses a consistent team to begin with.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

There's something funny about the Ezio collection on Switch making you manually download each game in the collection separately.

I can't tell if that's a Switch thing or Ubisoft being Ubisoft but either way it baffles me.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There’s… a fourth map?

No… nooooo……

Hah, you thought reaching true magnificence would be quick?

Edited by Acacia Sgt