Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

It's a monocle.

Yeah, but he doesn't have the kind of design that goes well with a monocle. I think it's supposed to be more a steampunk lens of some kind. He's an engineer specializing in explosives, after all.

Still, steampunk monocle is still a monocle. So that's great.

Can you put glasses on Klaus?

On Lichtenheim? No, but I can use the power of photoshop gimp paint.net.

https://images2.imgbox.com/48/6c/QF2EFFVa_o.png

That's so perfect. Ah, if only.

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I look at this and I'm thinking I should know who that is. But I don't.

Like, I'm pretty sure the blue guy is Sigurd, but... That's not Deirdre's color scheme lol. Not even close.

EDIT: What the absolute fuck... When I posted, the twitter display changed to artwork of the spy thing!

EDIT 2: Okay, this just gets weirder and weirder. I clicked edit, and on the editor, it shows as the other artwork with the Sigurd lookalike and the wrongly colored Deirdre. What's wrong with you, Serenes?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Like, I'm pretty sure the blue guy is Sigurd, but... That's not Deirdre's color scheme lol. Not even close.

EDIT: What the absolute fuck... When I posted, the twitter display changed to artwork of the spy thing!

EDIT 2: Okay, this just gets weirder and weirder. I clicked edit, and on the editor, it shows as the other artwork with the Sigurd lookalike and the wrongly colored Deirdre. What's wrong with you, Serenes?

I have the same issue with Serenes sometimes

it's weird

-------

submitted the final assignment for my degree

I feel alive and dead inside at the same time

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Wakes up and the first thing my eyes see for the day is a dog taking a dump in my room.*

Well, that's one step worse than being woken up by the dog's fart.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And then I proceeded to unload on myself. Yet another "NOTHING HAS CHANGED! I AM WORTHLESS!". I've lost count of these happy moments, but then I never kept count in the first place.

Ah now, the dog did the deed, that's something I didn't quite get the response for. But that's the thing with the stresses you've been on about, unrelated issues end up framing things even worse than they already are.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It can leave me speechless, how I can scream at myself first thing of the day, last thing, and anything in between for being a piece of rotten driftwood. To the point of a little quaking of the body sometimes even, I can on occasion force a quick quake on demand in like ten seconds if I focus my thoughts properly. And yet, my willpower is so languid that I do nothing about my inert existence. I internalize my feelings all too well.

It's weird, but in a way, my digital attempts to work on the A-or-G? matter lately have been fulfilling, since I feel like I'm doing something with my life that progresses me out of this cycle of stagnant, meaningless, nothingness. Running into issues of doing this behind my family's back and without a license or insurance b/c no job -more rancid fruits of the unbroken cycle of stillness and worthlessness- frustrates me, because I want to plow ahead, I've already wasted about a decade of time which I can never get back.

I'll admit I don't have much to contribute here this time, but one thing I'd add is that thinking of that time as wasted is a poor idea. You're asking to look at yourself as unable to escape that past and that self-defeating image helps nobody, not least yourself. And I apologise that I don't have an answer for getting into meeting a therapist either.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/48/6c/QF2EFFVa_o.png

That's so perfect. Ah, if only.

And I just changed my pfp too, well poop.

35 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Congrats! I'm confident that you'lldo great.

34 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And I just changed my pfp too, well poop.

Dew it, it's not too late. Save the other one for the next cycle.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Hey that appeared in my recommended too! Sometimes Youtube does its job decently.

43 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well, that's one step worse than being woken up by the dog's fart.

It's not the first time it has happened in my room, but never timed so perfectly.

Said dog loves carpeting. We keep an old bathroom mat in the kitchen because they don't like sitting on the hardwood. They also love grass, you know, the surface where they normally *ahem*, that might explain the issue.

43 minutes ago, Dayni said:

But that's the thing with the stresses you've been on about, unrelated issues end up framing things even worse than they already are.

TBF, "Nothing has changed!" was already in my head last night. Not that it's ever that far away. A rude awakening might've broken the serenity of morning and directed me towards negative thoughts for the day. But I can't make any certain call why my mind went that way.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Agreed, it's too pink for Deidre's off-white/silver. You might be able to say "artistic license", but there are only so many shades you can move away from the canon coloration.

Being pink hair runs into the second issue of making me think of Ethlyn, you know, Sigurd's sister. I'm not getting specific images out of this, and thankfully I can divert my mind to one sister-in-law passing the other some hair dye to change it up a for a little while, have a little fun by visually increasing their bond.

The pink in the hair is much too close to the dress's as well, particularly towards the bottom.

-My tone is not harsh when I say this, it's my entirely unemotional artistic criticism. It's a subjective opinion and if one thinks otherwise, that's fine. I'm rather analytical even with art I like. 

52 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

😬🤞🍀

I know that feeling. As I used to say to myself, may the sword of judgement fall on your shoulder, not on your head.

Getting a degree is one thing, using it is another.🙄 Hopefully you'll pass, but the job ain't over yet, in fact your literal job hasn't even begun!

It was right what the people said. Trevor and Sick really are the greatest comic relief villains. Could even say they're... sick.

Anyway, I continue to love this game, even when it makes me use the character I benched 20 hours ago. Heck, that's not even a problem, one random encounter and he's good to go. No need to even keep him out of reach from stray arrows. When a battle ends in this game, everyone gets up and receives experience. So convenient. Everything about this game is so convenient. It makes me realize that pace is a really underrated aspect of videogames. Fancy animations are good and all, but I find I tend to enjoy myself better when the game doesn't waste my time more than it needs to.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Agreed, it's too pink for Deidre's off-white/silver. You might be able to say "artistic license", but there are only so many shades you can move away from the canon coloration.

The problem is that these designs aren't so unique that you can completely change the color scheme and still be able to call it the same character. If Sigurd wasn't there I honestly would've had no idea it was supposed to be Deirdre, because Deirdre looks like a really generic princess type. She needs those colors to be Deirdre. The same applies both ways, by the way - if Sigurd's fanart had black hair, a red jacket and a white cape, you would never imagine it's him, because he's a really generic noble knight type.

Being pink hair runs into the second issue of making me think of Ethlyn, you know, Sigurd's sister.

...Oh God, I hadn't even realized that.

I'm not getting specific images out of this, and thankfully I can divert my mind to one sister-in-law passing the other some hair dye to change it up a for a little while, have a little fun by visually increasing their bond.

Yeah, it's either that or Sigurd has issues.

But then, Sigurd demanding that his wife pretend to be his sister when they have funny bed times would be so believable from Kaga...

-My tone is not harsh when I say this, it's my entirely unemotional artistic criticism. It's a subjective opinion and if one thinks otherwise, that's fine. I'm rather analytical even with art I like. 

Oh, the drawing itself is good. I'm just saying, she doesn't look like herself lol.

52 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Woop woop!

Bask in the success, all that's left is for it to be assessed.

Well, unless there's exams too.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's not the first time it has happened in my room, but never timed so perfectly.

This is why I hard banned the dog after she peed on my mattress.

In her defence it was on the ground. And she was a puppy.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Said dog loves carpeting. We keep an old bathroom mat in the kitchen because they don't like sitting on the hardwood. They also love grass, you know, the surface where they normally *ahem*, that might explain the issue.

We tried to avoid her being near carpets to prevent this. It was not perfectly successful.

Thankfully since she moved she's been better about that generally.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

When a battle ends in this game, everyone gets up and receives experience. So convenient.

Ah, beautiful.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Ah, beautiful.

Really beautiful. The elitist in me wants to say that people staying down after they're killed makes more sense, but... Is that really more challenging, or just more tedious? If people remain down, all that accomplishes is make you say "oh boy, a couple of my characters are dead. Well, no point in trying to fight the boss in this state. Better walk back to the nearest inn!" and then waste time doing that. Or waste a revival item, but that's simply not optimal when you can go back to the recovery point and lose no ingame resources, only time. Revival items aren't so common in these games that you can just throw them away out of impatience.

I much appreciate that this game streamlines the process by having people get a hitpoint back after battles. I know it's not just this one that does it (Live a Live did something similar too, for example), but it's just another thing to appreciate about Exit Fate. That, and the "leftover mana and healing spells are used at the end of battle." It rewards conservative play with magic and encourages you to keep your items for strategic use in battle.

Did the last part of the event. Man, it was certainly quite the effort to reach this point, but...

UGO9ijE.png

Seeing that makes it all worth it. Though 'soon' might still take a little while, heh, considering I want to... hmm...

So, I continued through the Sechs Territory in the meantime. I also won the Summer Harvest Festival! Thanks to a Level 6 Yam. I'm pretty sure I can use it too for the Autumn one, but well, that's a long ways to go.

Well, Aquameleon wasn't as much of a chore to fight. Of course, this time I actually remembered to equip an accessory for Water protection, and that the weapon I had already did... well, decent damage I guess. If between 100-200 HP per hit is decent for a boss who already has HP over the 10K mark.

At last, the final dungeon of Act 2, the Floating Empire! I entered it, but only so I could acquire a Platinum. Just so I can craft an Engagement Ring using Diamond+Platinum. Now I can... hmm...

You know what, I planned to actually wait until Act 2 was over, but... ah, forget about it. I'm at this point already, so might as well.

6GdYLwh.png

A fitting way to end the season, and mark the beginning of the end of Act 2. I probably should've de-equipped the weapon, haha.

Also random Clorica is present. Usually I'd plan to have a party of Margaret and Dolce, but ever since I learned about Clorica (and Kiel) supplying food items when in the party... well, that +1M gold didn't amassed itself. Praise the Royal Curry!

DzAvFxr.png

It's only fitting.

I also forgot the day gets skipped, otherwise I'd do more stuff for the day before actually proposing... but eh, I'm fine with that. Though that means the wedding itself falls (haha) on Autumn 1.

6qW2jSZ.png

Teehee!

And this was the reason I decided to just go ahead:

mQGMbGG.png

Yes, it kinda looks awkward with Venti lying there... but dammit, she deserves to at least watch!

The Floating Empire... I remember just how... long is it, with its three subareas. Well, I'll deal with it next time.

Goddamnit. I was led on a wild goose chase, looking all over the entire continent for the one guy that I deemed the most forgettable character in the game when I first saw him. Just this really boring serious knight-looking type, nothing particular stood out about him. But coat lady wanted to see him, and much like with Nikolai, I like her coat, so I looked for him anyway. He was in the last place I looked every time. Joy.

Turns out, she didn't join, a rarity in this game for a character with a portrait. A very nice portrait too. Instead, I got the boreman alone.

Well, I am sad now. Exit Fate has actually made me sad, for once.

...But, eh. She's not Deke. I'm still just happy that Deke and Lichtenheim are here. It's been what, almost 30 hours since they joined? I'm still so happy that they're a thing.

Besides, while I was looking at the LPArchive's playthrough for a clue because I simply couldn't find him the last time (turns out he was hiding in a house, the asshole), I accidentally got a glimpse of one of the four characters I've yet to recruit. Honestly? The game's cast goes out on a bang. That guy looks hilarious. Unfortunate that I spoiled myself, but I would've gotten him in like half an ingame hour anyway.

I really only have four characters left to get. And then it's on to the final stretch of the game. Can't have much left, can I.

Shit, now I'm sad again.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No. I would rather not, thanks. I've said everything I had to say about Xenoblade before, there's no point in repeating it.

Then why respond like that, knowing others will respond in kind? Only to say: "oid rather not argue about it", knowing you said something in the first place?

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And then I proceeded to unload on myself. Yet another "NOTHING HAS CHANGED! I AM WORTHLESS!". I've lost count of these happy moments, but then I never kept count in the first place.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It can leave me speechless, how I can scream at myself first thing of the day, last thing, and anything in between for being a piece of rotten driftwood. To the point of a little quaking of the body sometimes even, I can on occasion force a quick quake on demand in like ten seconds if I focus my thoughts properly. And yet, my willpower is so languid that I do nothing about my inert existence. I internalize my feelings all too well.

It's weird, but in a way, my digital attempts to work on the A-or-G? matter lately have been fulfilling, since I feel like I'm doing something with my life that progresses me out of this cycle of stagnant, meaningless, nothingness. Running into issues of doing this behind my family's back and without a license or insurance b/c no job -more rancid fruits of the unbroken cycle of stillness and worthlessness- frustrates me, because I want to plow ahead, I've already wasted about a decade of time which I can never get back.

I’m sorry you’re going through that, I hope everything improves. Take care of yourself!

5 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Congratulations! I hope you make a good grade on it.

9 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

hmygodwhydoikeepseeingxenoblade2discourseeventhoughiamnotevenaxenofan

The year is 2100 Xenoblade has just released it's 69th entry. Xenoblade 2 still lives rent free in people's heads.

Loving the absolute hilarity of "has cheapened the brand" tho. Xenoblade 2 was so successful that Nintendo now considers Xenoblade to be worthy enough of the "one more thing" in their Directs, a thing usually only reserved for their biggest heavy hitters. Not even Fire Emblem has gotten that treatment and that series had a  phoenix moment in terms of success. 

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reminds me of besting Blooper in Super Mario Sunshine, second and third fights to be precise.

And here I thought BotW's combat was rather plain.

Video didn't embed. 

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Said dog loves carpeting.

Is he not trained to not do that?

5 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I know how it feels.

I was anxiously checking the grades to see if I passed math so i could get my AA.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And this was the reason I decided to just go ahead:

mQGMbGG.png

Yes, it kinda looks awkward with Venti lying there... but dammit, she deserves to at least watch!

This is hilarious lmao.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not even Fire Emblem has gotten that treatment and that series had a  phoenix moment in terms of success. 

While this is technically true, at least two Directs opened with Fire Emblem (January 2015 with Fates and February 2022 with Three Hopes), not to mention that FE got four games shown off in its own Direct in 2017. The only game announced between then and Three Hopes was Three Houses itself, which was properly revealed at E3 2018 (and more than half of that Direct was devoted to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate).

In addition to XCDE and XC3 were being "one more things", the March 2020 Direct opened with DE and the February 2021 Direct opened with Pyra and Mythra in Smash, though Smash reveals were a big deal regardless of what character was added. Byleth was also added as a DLC character so FE and Xenoblade are even on that front.

20 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

not to mention that FE got four games shown off in its own Direct in 2017

Yeah the FE Direct was neat. Tho thinking back on it, three of the four games they showed there came out in 2017 so i think the reasoning was "let's dump this all at once".

Opening game on a Direct is also good but i think we can all agree that the "one more things" usually hit harder.

Mega Man ZX review:

Mega Man ZX is a game that takes place 100 years after the events of the Mega Man Zero series, which is a little weird because Zero and the Four Guardians get referred to as "ancient heroes" when 100 years isn't that long ago but then again people in the Star Wars universe just forgot Jedi existed after a mere 20 years so i guess it's not that unbelievable. Anyways, the moment to moment gameplay of Mega Man ZX is very fun, which is to be expected. Nice fluid controls make moving around and shooting things feel very nice and it somehow feels even more refined than Zero 4 in that aspect. New to this series is the ability to change forms because this game is just Mega Man power-rangers. You get to pick between a male and female protagonists (for the record, i went with Alie because i'm pretty sure this is one of two times where the franchise called Mega Man has a female protagonist) and over the course of the game, you get to merge with Zero, X and the Four Guardians in fun power ranger forms......except for the part where honestly, most of the froms that weren't ZX form just weren't that fun. HX form is neat because you get double jumps and air dashes and LX form is hilarious to obliterate one specific boss but other than that, there's no real reason to use the other forms. Yes you could use them to exploit boss weakness but charge shot from ZX was just the better solution. Compared to Zero 4's EX Weapons, this is definitely a step in the lower direction. At least the bosses themselves were still pretty fun to fight and combined with the decent level design, it made for a pretty good time.

....so why am i giving the game a 6/10? Because one element legitimately hinders this game to warrant it: the Metroidvania design. Metroidvanias are fun but an important aspect of them is a good map screen. This is subjective but while some people love getting lost in Metroidvanias, i don't. Exploring is good but if it feels like i'm just running in circles, that's not a good thing. Which is the problem with this game. Do me a favor and look up the Mega Man ZX map and you will see how it is the worst thing. The worst part about said map is that the position of the areas don't even line up with where they actually are so it's all misleading. And then we need to talk about how despite being structured like a Metroidvania, the progression isn't. The progression is still the standard Mega Man deal except this time you have to physically make your way to where the levels actually are. You're not exploring in this Mega Man Metroidvania, you are simply taking the long way around and it does not help that you are not at all told where the areas you need to go to actually are. I had to use a guide to figure out where everything was located and to be honest, you probably will too after taking one look at that atrocious map screen.

Mega Man ZX is alright. It honestly fails at being a Metroidvania but at least the moment to moment gameplay is good enough to make up for it and this is the one and only time you'll ever see me use the horrid "good x but bad y" way of describing something maybe i should just deduct another point and call the game bad.