Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Then why respond like that, knowing others will respond in kind? Only to say: "oid rather not argue about it", knowing you said something in the first place?

Forgive me. I should've known I'm not allowed to make a tiny stupid joke when talking to somebody that isn't even a Xenoblade fan either.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Forgive me. I should've known I'm not allowed to make a tiny stupid joke when talking to somebody that isn't even a Xenoblade fan either.

Considering the past, i find it difficult to believe it was a mere joke, and besides, you know what the result is gonna be, if you don't like it, why bring it on yourself?

20 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Well, no matter, the decline that started with the previous doctor won't stop so soon.

Forgot to respond to this but this is Capaldi slander and will not be tolerated. 

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Forgot to respond to this but this is Capaldi slander and will not be tolerated. 

I was talking about the thirteenth

Edited by Newtype06

25 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Considering the past, i find it difficult to believe it was a mere joke, and besides, you know what the result is gonna be, if you don't like it, why bring it on yourself?

Does everything I say have to be some sort of grand declaration of war? I mean, yes, I dislike Xenoblade. Sometimes I delve deeper into it and offer proper arguments, but that doesn't mean I'm obligated to do that every single time the topic comes up. Can't I just be making a light jab at Xeno in response to someone else's comment because I felt like it?

Armagon constantly disses Kaga's games when they come up in conversation. Does that mean the Kaga's fans in the thread have to get up in arms every single time he does? Of course not. The most I do is sometimes I respond to his snark with snark of my own. But that's it. There's no need to argue every single time he disses Kaga's games, just like there's no need to argue if I say someone who hates Xenoblade is "based." I don't even know who the guy is or what his arguments are, for crying out loud. It's all in good fun, or so I would like to think. And if you don't think the joke is funny, well, you can just ignore it. Four posts later, nobody will even remember I wrote those two words.

Honestly, I thought you were joking too. "You want war" is the kind of overly melodramatic response I would make to Armagon's Kaga disses. Didn't think you actually meant it. But sure, if you're so interested in fighting for another five pages where all we do is repeat the same arguments we've already been made multiple times before, we can do that. Then you tell me what exactly it is you hope to gain from that.

13 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

I was talking about the thirteenth

See, you said "previous Doctor" which implies Capaldi because Whittaker hasn't actually left yet. She still has one episode left.

At any rate, based RTD is coming back to lead the show next year so the Chinball era would just be a bump in the road.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At any rate, based RTD is coming back to lead the show next year so the Chinball era would just be a bump in the road.

You're calling him Chinball on purpose aren't you?

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But that's his actual last name.

It's Chibnall.

I didn't think you were doing it out of malice, just that you saw the funni and took it.

4 minutes ago, ping said:

G0I8DEz.png

WAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

Oh boy, those body pillows from EDF6 are going to come in handy.

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Does everything I say have to be some sort of grand declaration of war? I mean, yes, I dislike Xenoblade. Sometimes I delve deeper into it and offer proper arguments, but that doesn't mean I'm obligated to do that every single time the topic comes up. Can't I just be making a light jab at Xeno in response to someone else's comment because I felt like it?

Armagon constantly disses Kaga's games when they come up in conversation. Does that mean the Kaga's fans in the thread have to get up in arms every single time he does? Of course not. The most I do is sometimes I respond to his snark with snark of my own. But that's it. There's no need to argue every single time he disses Kaga's games, just like there's no need to argue if I say someone who hates Xenoblade is "based." I don't even know who the guy is or what his arguments are, for crying out loud. It's all in good fun, or so I would like to think. And if you don't think the joke is funny, well, you can just ignore it. Four posts later, nobody will even remember I wrote those two words.

Honestly, I thought you were joking too. "You want war" is the kind of overly melodramatic response I would make to Armagon's Kaga disses. Didn't think you actually meant it. But sure, if you're so interested in fighting for another five pages where all we do is repeat the same arguments we've already been made multiple times before, we can do that. Then you tell me what exactly it is you hope to gain from that.

Dunno, why wasn't it okay when i jabbed at CS? You give me one good reason and i can agree.

I could say the same back, if you don't like my CS posts, ignore them, simple enough.

I was joking, just still trying to understand why it isn't okay for me to make jokes, but it is you, that's all.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

didn't think you were doing it out of malice, just that you saw the funni and took it.

...no i legitimately thought it was Chinball. I've been reading his last name wrong since 2018.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Dunno, why wasn't it okay when i jabbed at CS? You give me one good reason and i can agree

I think the reason is you sorta just bring it up without provocation and then it keeps going.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Dunno, why wasn't it okay when i jabbed at CS? You give me one good reason and i can agree.

I could say the same back, if you don't like my CS posts, ignore them, simple enough.

I was joking, just still trying to understand why it isn't okay for me to make jokes, but it is you, that's all.

I knew you would bring this up. I just knew it.

You know what the difference is? I don't make that many jabs at Xenoblade. I only do it occassionally in response to others bringing up Xenoblade, because I frankly don't care that much about it. I don't spend my every waking hour thinking about how much I hate Xenoblade. At the time of The Incident, you and Shrimpy were making a ton of posts every single day ranting about CS, over, and over, and over, and over, and over. I admit, it got super tiresome to come into the thread and see the same sludge of negativity all the time. Eventually I got tired enough that I threw one diss out myself. And it wasn't even directed at you mainly, it was directed at Shrimpy. Except Shrimpy took it well. You still hold a grudge months later.

Heck, it wasn't just me. A while later Benice started dissing you for the constant CS hate, too. You hold a grudge against him as well? Nobody ever said you're not allowed to make jabs at things, people were just tired of seeing it all the time. You know, exactly like people were sick of my shit when all I ever talked about was how much I hated Three Houses. And you know what? Eventually I realized, they were right. I was insufferable, so I decided to tone it down.

So yeah. That's the difference. I have absolutely nothing against you personally. I just think this grudge of yours is a tad unreasonable.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

...no i legitimately thought it was Chinball. I've been reading his last name wrong since 2018.

Well, least you weren't working with him.

So his fiery passion earns him a nickname and not the fact that he's literally on fire. And said nickname is "smoldering" which uh

20220510_084107.jpg

Yeah Monolith, i don't think you thought this one through. 

Edit: apparently in JP, it's  "Crimson Cammuravi" which is way better. NoE why?

Edited by Armagon

It would be nice if I could find a place to talk about Trails without causing an argument, but alas... also there is no one here on "my level", so to speak.

Nintendo's report for the fiscal year is out and Metroid Dread sold 2.9 million copies, making it officially the best selling Metroid game. Additionally, Kirby and the Forgotten Land did well for itself by selling 2.65 million in one week (as this listing is as of March 31). The list of sales is under "Million-Seller Nintendo First-Party Titles" if you'd like to look for yourself.

Edited by Lightchao42

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I knew you would bring this up. I just knew it.

You know what the difference is? I don't make that many jabs at Xenoblade. I only do it occassionally in response to others bringing up Xenoblade, because I frankly don't care that much about it. I don't spend my every waking hour thinking about how much I hate Xenoblade. At the time of The Incident, you and Shrimpy were making a ton of posts every single day ranting about CS, over, and over, and over, and over, and over. I admit, it got super tiresome to come into the thread and see the same sludge of negativity all the time. Eventually I got tired enough that I threw one diss out myself. And it wasn't even directed at you mainly, it was directed at Shrimpy. Except Shrimpy took it well. You still hold a grudge months later.

Heck, it wasn't just me. A while later Benice started dissing you for the constant CS hate, too. You hold a grudge against him as well? Nobody ever said you're not allowed to make jabs at things, people were just tired of seeing it all the time. You know, exactly like people were sick of my shit when all I ever talked about was how much I hated Three Houses. And you know what? Eventually I realized, they were right. I was insufferable, so I decided to tone it down.

So yeah. That's the difference. I have absolutely nothing against you personally. I just think this grudge of yours is a tad unreasonable.

And it still stands.

I could go back and see how many "i hate Pyra and Mythra's design" posts you've made, but i dont need to. This isnt "every so often".

And yet all that positive stuff I said you "missed" I guess. I did JUST says how I liked its inheret CT system, but I guess you missed that.

If you think its unreasonable, like you said, just ignore it.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

And it still stands.

I could go back and see how many "i hate Pyra and Mythra's design" posts you've made, but i dont need to. This isnt "every so often".

And yet all that positive stuff I said you "missed" I guess. I did JUST says how I liked its inheret CT system, but I guess you missed that.

If you think its unreasonable, like you said, just ignore it.

You know what? Fine. Clearly nothing is going to come out of this, so why don't you just pretend I don't exist from here on and I'll do the same? Save everyone the trouble. I have no desire to make an enemy, of all things, in a silly chat thread, of all places.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know what? Fine. Clearly nothing is going to come out of this, so why don't you just pretend I don't exist from here on and I'll do the same? Save everyone the trouble. I have no desire to make an enemy, of all things, in a silly chat thread, of all places.

That's not addressing what i said at all. no one acknowledged all the positive things i said at all, not my fault.

See, my grudge against the game wasn't a personal feeling, i was just calling out bad game design and others got upset over it.

I also said that i thought it's core was great, another good thing that no one mentioned. I mean, cherry-picking makes anything sound bad.

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That's not addressing what i said at all.

Look, I really don't want a bad beef between us. Especially not over something as trivial as a slight from months ago and a few harsh remarks at videogames. It could ruin the vibe of the thread if we start spending time yelling at each other.

Let's just let it go, all right? I got angry earlier. I shouldn't have. I'm sorry. In the future, let's exercise some restraint around each other, the both of us. Can we just leave it at that?

Edited by Saint Rubenio