Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Most games are tested. Whether the devs use the feedback is a different matter.

Of course, there is the case of so single devs as well but even then, you'd probably let a few people test the game to get an opinion other than your own. I don't know if Kaga actually has done this (as in, let others test it, not himself).

For example: XCDE Future Connected had SO MANY text errors and lines that literally didn't match up to what the character was saying, they made a patch just for that.

Did they even read the same script we did? Or did they just not watch the cutscenes, which means they didn't do their job either way.

Idk how many people can fail to catch such big errors, but hey, that's my point lmao

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Time for Three Reconstructions?!šŸ˜ƒ Koei specializes in retelling the same story again and again with the portrayal and details tweaked, more than eight retellings of the Three Kingdoms of ChinaĀ and more thanĀ five of the Warring States of Japan says it all. They can fix the Claude thatĀ wasn't-broken-but-they-tried-to-fix-and-end-up-breakingĀ on the third try. You just gotta believe!šŸ˜

More like Three Times will not be the charm and we'd rather get the writing teams who've been involved in writing scenarios away from that desk.

And we're still two months away from any chance at more answers than leaks.

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My uncle works at Nintendo!

And my uncle is the CEO. Checkmate.

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That reminds me, the VS team (IE Kaga) actually had the main VS2 localizer give us kudos for a thorough beta testing effort.

It felt nice.

That is nice indeed.

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

For example: XCDE Future Connected had SO MANY text errors and lines that literally didn't match up to what the character was saying, they made a patch just for that.

Did they even read the same script we did? Or did they just not watch the cutscenes, which means they didn't do their job either way.

Idk how many people can fail to catch such big errors, but hey, that's my point lmao

I was moreso talking about actually playing the game itself but ok.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I was moreso talking about actually playing the game itself but ok.

Playtesting isn't just limited to gameplay, though?

And c'mon, do i need to bring up the CS arc and terrible game design? I don't... do i?

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Playtesting isn't just limited to gameplay, though?

Text errors are way more likely to be glossed over than bugs. It's understandable honestly, especially for fast readers.

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

And c'mon, do i need to bring up the CS arc and terrible game design? I don't... do i?

Ā 

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Whether the devs use the feedback is a different matter.

Ā 

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

To add to my point, FFVI another game that didn't clearly get tested, cause i'm sure perma losing a party member isn't supposed to happen. XD

Is that in regards to the story or can you just flat out lost a party member just cause?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is that in regards to the story or can you just flat out lost a party member just cause?

It's a bug, they never come back. And this happens in a few instances.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Text errors are way more likely to be glossed over than bugs. It's understandable honestly, especially for fast readers.

Imagine listening to someone speak 3 sentences, and reading a paper of apparantly the same thing, but not a single line matches! wouldn't you be like, wtf?

22 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It's a bug, they never come back. And this happens in a few instances.

Oof.

Did any of the rereleases fix it?

22 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Imagine listening to someone speak 3 sentences, and reading a paper of apparantly the same thing, but not a single line matches! wouldn't you be like, wtf?

Honestly not really cause I'm gonna default to what I hear rather than what I see.

Now if the line itself is just flat out gibberish, then yeah. But usually these sync errors are separated by synonyms, so I don't mind too much.

29 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

To add to my point, FFVI another game that didn't clearly get tested, cause i'm sure perma losing a party member isn't supposed to happen. XD

I'm trying to remember if this is Interceptor (which is a bug from a specific enemy) or which party member you're on about.

Spoiler

I assume not Shadow because both of those read as intentional

I'm guessing it's the Celes glitch?

Certainly, some glitches tend to get overlooked because their activations requires doing something quite esoteric or very unorthodox. Like getting Gau alone in your party, go to the Veldt, and have him leave the party... when he's the only one. Cue crash.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm guessing it's the Celes glitch?

Certainly, some glitches tend to get overlooked because their activations requires doing something quite esoteric or very unorthodox. Like getting Gau alone in your party, go to the Veldt, and have him leave the party... when he's the only one. Cue crash.

I looked into some of those, you can do it with others too, but of course they get replaced with their moogle placeholders.

I want a mod where they're your entire party.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Perhaps, but it was still a very risky gamble. He's lucky OGs decided to spare him...

At least escaping with a badly damaged battleship is realisticallyĀ feasible. How Meki and Serious Not Silly weren't trapped inside SternĀ and died with it and then got their deceased remains wiped out in the dimension collapse (which was seemingly rewrittenĀ into not a complete collapse)... The heroes must've unknowingly taken the two with themĀ during the escape after the final battle.

Planet, but yeah. And perhaps not surprisingly, they're based on the US. Not unlike Fahren on East Asia and Chizeta on the Middle East.

Yet Geo looks like he could be in Street Fighter or King of Fighters, or maybe Rondo of Blood. Hachimakis aren't American.šŸ‡ÆšŸ‡µ

If you're going to make any location the most openly automobile-tastic might as well make it the US, that's for sure.

On that subject... wish they'd have gone the entire way and made the Chizeta genies playable. lol Still, Giant Sang-Yung is still something. LOL

It did feel like they were cutting corners at a little with the genies and the Chizeta and Fahren ships not actually as units (NPCs at least, they didn't need to be playable). And Giant Sang-Yung not having attacks other than the mouth laserĀ despite its description implying it could.

When you're relegated to a rarely-visited other dimension, it doesn't surprise me that Rayearth (and Knight's & Magic) don't quite have the presentation/portrayal they mightĀ have deserved.

Thanks for all the information BTW!šŸ˜€

Ā 

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

At least they patched it out. Despite being in the earlierĀ wavesĀ of DLC, SRW30's Barbatos Lupus Rex stillĀ has its Limiter Off command left in Japanese. It's not a problem b/c you can easily figure itĀ out- "new option that wasn't there before and only Mikazuki has it, must be that new ability that unlocked during the last IBO battle". Nonetheless, how do you not fix a basic UI error? Considering SRW's long history of no official translations, it doesn't bother me that much however. Overall it's good for a first try, especially when there is sooooo much writing to translate and proofread.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/7e/44/mrJCsBXD_o.jpg

Jesus Christ, Odin. What happened to you?

He was called to this universe and had to disguise himself even harder for longer.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

which one? Xd

When you're first in South Figaro and can end up leaving without her probably, while Locke gets to wear a different outfit for the rest of the gameĀ  is the most noted one, but you can get similar later on for most all the other party too and they get replaced with the moogle placeholder squad.

VI has a lot of bugs on the SNES version, but it's not like they've never been patched in future releases.

Oh my God, why am I a terrible tactician? How did I go from full power to 2 bars left and two pilots dead in a single mission?

40 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

He was called to this universe and had to disguise himself even harder for longer.

Well, I do appreciate his new beard game. It's not quite Endgame Ready Beard levels of epic, but it's still quite epic.

1 hour ago, Awoken Dayni said:

When you're first in South Figaro and can end up leaving without her probably, while Locke gets to wear a different outfit for the rest of the gameĀ  is the most noted one, but you can get similar later on for most all the other party too and they get replaced with the moogle placeholder squad.

Ive also lost her when Locke and Celes are together after Zozo, I believe? They disappeared from the party (when Locke is forced in the party) and I had to restart. Lmao

1 hour ago, Awoken Dayni said:

has a lot of bugs on the SNES version, but it's not like they've never been patched in future releases.

Sure, but my point was those shouldnt exist in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hey guys uhhh

I may have uhhh

Polish_20220720_151157877.png

20 bucks to get it two days early? Not to mention the risk of getting scammed?

...Seriously man, your commitment is admirable. I really don't believe I'd ever do this for any game.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not to mention the risk of getting scammed?

It's eBay, if it's a scam, I'll get my money back.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Seriously man, your commitment is admirable. I really don't believe I'd ever do this for any game.

Xenoblade 2 has maintained it's spot as my favorite game of all time for five years and Xenoblade 3 seems like the only contender to top it So....yeah.

Just now, Armagon said:

It's eBay, if it's a scam, I'll get my money back.

Ah, okay then.

Just now, Armagon said:

Xenoblade 2 has maintained it's spot as my favorite game of all time for five years and Xenoblade 3 seems like the only contender to top it So....yeah.

Well, I do hope it's every bit as good as it looks to be.

Wait what am I saying, I want people to dislike it so they go buy Vestaria Saga 2 instead--