Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Raw. Kino. Epic. Fantastic. Spectacular.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They went with a Roman Republican office again?

There's also the Signifier Class.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've never played a Professor Layton game for some reason. Though I was well aware of it, my interest never rose to the point of wanting to try it out.

As I'm aware of the franchise's positive reputation, unusual for the rather niche puzzle genre, I'm glad that you're enjoying it.

I also own the crossover game with Ace Attorney. Though, well, can't say I'd be allowed to bring my 3DS to work. But well, it's fine. With the first trilogy available on mobile, though I still need to get the other two, I can have enough to last me for a while.

Well that was the most videogame dream I've had in a while.

Was stuck in a sidescrolling dungeon with a segment with a lot of earthen platform, locks and keys, a confusing layout and a segment where half was in darkness at all times full of spikes and apparently warp pipes at the bottom half that had wind going through them which helped when I got stuck under them. While trying to figure that mess out, I woke up. Definitely too early too.

I feel like I read about it somewhere, at least the dungeon in concept and just filled in the gaps. But not with HD2D that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I tried typing out some of my depression. I won't, but I feel like I could almost puke it out now, I wish I could. 

I envy all of thee, going about your mortal existences in blissful glee of new games. I'm taking a break from Civ 5, and I don't think I can focus on Kirby in my current state. I would like to maybe start Ys Seven, the ninth entry did help me through some self-loathing a few months ago, but I just can't concentrate enough to start that. Even if I had XC3 ATM, there is no way in seven hells I would be able to truly enjoy it. I've been in pursuit of distraction for the past week, and now either the distractions aren't strong enough anymore, or the melancholy has outgrown them. 

I see family going about their daily lives without worry, I can ask myself on this- how? How can they be so unconcerned, so content, so immersed in the mundane. I can't. I awaken early and are exhausted against my maddened will into slumber only late. I've skipped dessert more often than I usually do, so focused on trying to be lost in the Internet. I express little of this on my face and in my body language, trying to appear normal to them.

This isn't healthy!😖

...Sorry, I needed to vent some more.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I managed to remember and find an LP of a game I half-watched. It managed to calm me down, yet as soon as IRL interrupted me with one little task, it all came surging back.😢

I've my bedroom door shut, laying down enfeebled with fear, others in another room are watching that TV trash called The Bachelorette. How sharp the contrast. There is nothing I'm interested in watching on TV myself right now, I'm not hungry, my 'drive is crushed, I can't read like this, I can't play games like this. Watching a let's play requires I think of something that would interest me enough, and video game music by itself won't fix this.

Here I lay, so sensitive that I don't want to see the word "was" to describe a person that is no longer alive. About a week ago I was at a museum, ecstatically nerdy surrounded by objects owned by people who "were" centuries and millennia ago, now all I can see in such collections is deathdeathdeathdeath. I think back to former pets and grandparents, they've been... gone, it feels so weird, they have been no more and the world has continued without them, it's frighteningly bizarre. I think of the countless humans lives that have been forgotten by history, and the few who survive in memory endure so limited when you think about it, even the famous. I realize my perspective is anthropocentric, and turn to all the life that has existed and no longer does. I don't want to die -but I know I will! 😱 My oft-repeated cry from the heart.😭

With no one able to see me, I let my body quake and tremor with dread. I briefly clench my hands or hold them to my head. I exhale, wheeze, and pant with some frequency to try releasing some of this weight on my chest. I attempt to cry, though tears don't follow. I would like to scream, but I must be too repressed in demeanor, as I don't know how. And when I momentarily step out of my room, I bury all of this below a veneer of little emotion and normality. 

I'm feeling so down that I sent an inquiry explaining my situation to an anonymous relationships advice column a couple hours ago, asking basically "how to nudge my family into booking a therapist for me when they've been (with some justification) putting it off for a while". I probably won't get a reply for weeks, or months, yet I felt like I had to do something, even if it is futile (not unlike life itself).

This was not unpredictable. Mid-late summer is a time when a depression episode has often struck me before. Doesn't make this any less worse. My birthday is almost a month away, family has been asking what I want to do, what I want. Why celebrate that reminder of aging, why celebrate one of such insignificance, why celebrate the passage of time? I might've shown impatience for X2 in the past couple of topic pages, but I always criticize myself nowadays for saying anything to the effect of "I can't wait!". No. You can wait, why be eager to see the advance of time? That means lives age, they get closer to death and die. Time is bad, you should want time to come to a halt. (Truly, Hinduism was right to make Mahakala and Kali the highly destructive deities of death and time.) Presents? I don't want video games, I want immortality, for myself, for everyone, for the universe itself.

-I think that summarizes my thoughts and feelings right now. May this release be useful insight if you see someone else in your life who is struggling.

I'll be honest with you, I don't have an answer for you, a point to cut against here. Sure, not a professional, but it annoys me that that's the case.

I've a bit of a ramble though: time and the march of entropy are a bitch, but to be so capable of ignoring that march and act like nothing affects anything is pretty empty, as I've done in the past and arguably are at the minute. Sure, right now I'm still quarantining, but the behaviour I'm exhibiting fits. There's also the old argument that if time could be frozen like that that there'd be nothing but stagnation. Don't know if that'd be the case in practice, not all of us would be so easily placated. If there was any mentality shift I'd say to consider, it's the shifting of wanting to see the output of time to one of effort. After all, we don't control the t variable. We just get ourselves to control (well that and maybe other selves in particular contexts but that's beside the point).

7 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Well, well, well.

Hide contents

So, just cleared the superboss.

They kept the old drop rate on the item that it can drop.

And apparently it doesn't respawn, same as the original.

Here we go again I suppose.

I'm so glad I didn't bother.

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Did nothing wrong

You're right, nothing. Except that one thing. But that was nothing.

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

I even bought a few DVDs to burn

Well, it was a good attempt.

But do they get the Kaga™ treatment like Mathilda?

That's the fun part: they don't.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sorry, I needed to vent some more.

Like everyone else already said, it's fine. This isn't the kind of thing one should keep botled up.

I don't remember if we've gone over this before, but have you ever considered seeking professional help? You'd probably benefit from it greatly, provided you're able to find a good expert.

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

None of them ever get captured by the enemy.

Well, except for that whole "capturing and POW exchange being gameplay mechanics" thing. But that applies to everyone.

Oh, you're Abrahm now? Cool. I expected to like him more than I did, being Derrick 2 and all, but I ended up growing fonder of Claude's chin.

6 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

While trying to figure that mess out, I woke up. Definitely too early too.

Why does this always happen...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I love the adrenaline of the hunt, though! Xd

True!

So we're walking side by side, then! Awesome!

We will show them the power & speed of Teehee, together!

Chain_attack.mp3

Tfw XBC3 made go all chuuni wih Ouroboros, truly

Spoiler

Virgin Trails Ouroboros vs. Chad Xenoblade Ouroboros

Only class I dont really like so far is tactician. It's healing... Is awful.

Yeah, with auto attacks being slower in this game healing with attack recharge sucks lol

I need one in the Team for evasion field tho

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

If I may share my thoughts on the Consuls, they are....an interesting breed of villain.

For me, they have like 2 sides atm, one interesting, the part where

Spoiler

They talk about life, stasis and watching 'cinema'

And the other...

Spoiler

"Haha imma evil this is a game you maggots"

Tbf, this fuels my theories as well, but makes me go "they stoopid"

Well, i shall await what happens later.

On another matter: Lanz shocked comments lmao

"Queens fried wings!" made me laugh so much lol

What's next, Queen's killer kicks? XD

Edited by Shrimpy

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You're right, nothing. Except that one thing. But that was nothing.

https://i.redd.it/pnywccasmmk11.png

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's the fun part: they don't.

7 hours ago, BrightBow said:

None of them ever get captured by the enemy.

Well, except for that whole "capturing and POW exchange being gameplay mechanics" thing. But that applies to everyone.

> Girlboss

> Kaga game

kirbyohcrap.png

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you all.🙂

I managed to remember and find an LP of a game I half-watched. It managed to calm me down, yet as soon as IRL interrupted me with one little task, it all came surging back.😢

I've my bedroom door shut, laying down enfeebled with fear, others in another room are watching that TV trash called The Bachelorette. How sharp the contrast. There is nothing I'm interested in watching on TV myself right now, I'm not hungry, my 'drive is crushed, I can't read like this, I can't play games like this. Watching a let's play requires I think of something that would interest me enough, and video game music by itself won't fix this.

Here I lay, so sensitive that I don't want to see the word "was" to describe a person that is no longer alive. About a week ago I was at a museum, ecstatically nerdy surrounded by objects owned by people who "were" centuries and millennia ago, now all I can see in such collections is deathdeathdeathdeath. I think back to former pets and grandparents, they've been... gone, it feels so weird, they have been no more and the world has continued without them, it's frighteningly bizarre. I think of the countless humans lives that have been forgotten by history, and the few who survive in memory endure so limited when you think about it, even the famous. I realize my perspective is anthropocentric, and turn to all the life that has existed and no longer does. I don't want to die -but I know I will! 😱 My oft-repeated cry from the heart.😭

With no one able to see me, I let my body quake and tremor with dread. I briefly clench my hands or hold them to my head. I exhale, wheeze, and pant with some frequency to try releasing some of this weight on my chest. I attempt to cry, though tears don't follow. I would like to scream, but I must be too repressed in demeanor, as I don't know how. And when I momentarily step out of my room, I bury all of this below a veneer of little emotion and normality. 

I'm feeling so down that I sent an inquiry explaining my situation to an anonymous relationships advice column a couple hours ago, asking basically "how to nudge my family into booking a therapist for me when they've been (with some justification) putting it off for a while". I probably won't get a reply for weeks, or months, yet I felt like I had to do something, even if it is futile (not unlike life itself).

This was not unpredictable. Mid-late summer is a time when a depression episode has often struck me before. Doesn't make this any less worse. My birthday is almost a month away, family has been asking what I want to do, what I want. Why celebrate that reminder of aging, why celebrate one of such insignificance, why celebrate the passage of time? I might've shown impatience for X2 in the past couple of topic pages, but I always criticize myself nowadays for saying anything to the effect of "I can't wait!". No. You can wait, why be eager to see the advance of time? That means lives age, they get closer to death and die. Time is bad, you should want time to come to a halt. (Truly, Hinduism was right to make Mahakala and Kali the highly destructive deities of death and time.) Presents? I don't want video games, I want immortality, for myself, for everyone, for the universe itself.

-I think that summarizes my thoughts and feelings right now. May this release be useful insight if you see someone else in your life who is struggling.

I was never good at expressing myself, so I am lost for words. The only consolation I can give you is a hug, and even then it is not real.

Virtual Hug GIF - Hug Virtual Hug Hug Sent - Discover & Share GIFs

I am sorry.

Third time's the charm I guess.

Spoiler

Which apparently is within the expected range for the drop as it's supposedly 1/3 chances of getting it.

And what is it?

live_a_live_cola_bottle.jpg

This bottle of cola. How it got here is not explained.

Yes, that effect is correct, but you use it as an item for that attack. Not sure if there's a chance of losing it in the remake, but you'd consider not doing that because, well.....

41-021.png

Using the original because nobody screenshot the equipment screen with it, but, well, you can see it raises Spd. By a lot.

The Fang of the King that is given guaranteed is also pretty good, raising Atk by a good chunk, but the Cola Bottle is kinda broken. I promise not to use it.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

True!

We will show them the power & speed of Teehee, together!

Chain_attack.mp3

Tfw XBC3 made go all chuuni wih Ouroboros, truly

Reveal hidden contents

Virgin Trails Ouroboros vs. Chad Xenoblade Ouroboros

Yeah, with auto attacks being slower in this game healing with attack recharge sucks lol

I need one in the Team for evasion field tho

*high fives* Let's do it!

Yeah, that theme is pretty solid.

Evasion art is the only solid art i think they have as well! XD

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

https://i.redd.it/pnywccasmmk11.png

Piece of shit.

> Girlboss

> Kaga game

kirbyohcrap.png

I did say it in my little write-up before, Alvina is completely unlike Kaga in so many ways. And, really, so is most of Berwick. There's only like, three instances of Kaga Shenanigans, and two of them are written better and are treated with more gravity than usual. Nothing like the deranged horny Kaga we see in Vestaria.

28 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Third time's the charm I guess.

Hide contents

Which apparently is within the expected range for the drop as it's supposedly 1/3 chances of getting it.

And what is it?

live_a_live_cola_bottle.jpg

This bottle of cola. How it got here is not explained.

Yes, that effect is correct, but you use it as an item for that attack. Not sure if there's a chance of losing it in the remake, but you'd consider not doing that because, well.....

41-021.png

Using the original because nobody screenshot the equipment screen with it, but, well, you can see it raises Spd. By a lot.

The Fang of the King that is given guaranteed is also pretty good, raising Atk by a good chunk, but the Cola Bottle is kinda broken. I promise not to use it.

Spoiler

I would've liked to have it, but honestly, I just wasn't enjoying fighting the boss, and I also wasn't enjoying Pogo, so I wanted out fast rather than grind for another half hour.

Eh, I would've only used it once to see it anyway. Thing is too powerful. I can look it up online if I ever feel like it.

Well, that's Pogo done and dusted. And needing to be sent to horny jail all the more.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

I would've liked to have it, but honestly, I just wasn't enjoying fighting the boss, and I also wasn't enjoying Pogo, so I wanted out fast rather than grind for another half hour.

Eh, I would've only used it once to see it anyway. Thing is too powerful. I can look it up online if I ever feel like it.

Spoiler

It'd honestly be better with more HP and less evasion. Having to account for the tiles does force an actual strategy for the fight but it being as RNG reliant as it is when it's not paralysed is an annoyance.

Having voices for this game does accentuate a lot for this part too. Hearing the Ku chief die off screen and then have his eyeware be spat out at you worked on me I have to admit. Pogo will still rank low on the scenario list I bet, but where it ends up compared to the others will be an debate for later.

Damn, I was gonna wait until I was done done with the game to write that review but that finale........ohhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Imma need to write this down while it's still fresh.

Prepare for a long review.

Edited by Armagon

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Piece of shit.

https://i.redd.it/peql7xbdq4f91.jpg

I'm suprised you are well versed in Berserk, Ruben. I thought you didn't like anime.

I was considering playing Kuro no Kiseki, and was wondering a few things 

1: is the run speed good? Reverie had janky FPS all the time.

2: is the gameplay enjoyable at all?

3: is there an English Patch for it?

4: is Fie playable often? Xd

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Ladies and gentlemen.

I have bought Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition and it is arriving tomorrow.

Tomorrow I open up the next chapter of my life.

Oh, enjoy that! ❤️

1 hour ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Well, that's Pogo done and dusted. And needing to be sent to horny jail all the more.

They all need to go to horny jail. Except Zaki. Somehow dickzard man is the least horny of the lot... If only because he seems to only be capable of love for himself.

1 hour ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Hide contents

It'd honestly be better with more HP and less evasion. Having to account for the tiles does force an actual strategy for the fight but it being as RNG reliant as it is when it's not paralysed is an annoyance.

Having voices for this game does accentuate a lot for this part too. Hearing the Ku chief die off screen and then have his eyeware be spat out at you worked on me I have to admit. Pogo will still rank low on the scenario list I bet, but where it ends up compared to the others will be an debate for later.

Yeah, I agree with these, even if I still firmly place it last.

I'm suprised you are well versed in Berserk, Ruben. I thought you didn't like anime.

A friend got me to read it some years back. Started kinda meh, really loved the Golden Age, then it progressively got worse until I got tired and quit.

28 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Mad Dog is great.

No questions will be taken.

Peace is not an option.

I have no questions. Mad Dog indeed is great.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Ladies and gentlemen.

I have bought Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition and it is arriving tomorrow.

Hopefully you enjoy it.

8 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Ladies and gentlemen.

Ayy welcome to the gang!

Enjoy!

Edited by Shrimpy

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have no questions. Mad Dog indeed is great.

Mad Dog and Annie in a party would be too powerful for O. Dio.

Sundown's there for support.

9 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Ladies and gentlemen.

nice, enjoy~

I'm playing it right now too before I eventually get to XC3, lol