• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

20220801094410-1.jpg

Ah the fruits of war.😄 Thank Civ 5's super tall cities and AI wonder-building obsession for this fine, fine prize. The Forbidden Palace alone would've made this an excellent capture (plus the Great Wall and the Terracotta Army? Maria Theresa is a Sinophile.). Capturing the Brandenburg Gate from Austria while playing as Germany also has an irony to it. And I can't discount the precious Aluminum resource either. I annexed this right away, I'll have time to use it.

Austria had its priorities wrong. It barely sent any invaders at me, it showed an all-consuming interest in conquering the city-state of Wittenberg, located to the north blocked by the "Vienna" name tag at the top of the screen here. It did conquer my little ally after some turns, but the time Austria wasted doing so let me capture and raze the city of Graz, the only thing between my cities and Vienna. Once fallen, chipped away at some of the forces diverted from now-conquered Wittenberg and killed them and liberated the city-state on the very same turn I took Vienna.

Austria did try negotiating for peace after shortly after the fall of Graz, but the request was denied. She did so on the same turn that Rome sued for peace, did Rome realize that Austria was floundering? I found it weird, since Rome had done nothing except kill one old Scout I had sent over to survey the other continent, and made a failed naval assault including bombers against my ally Bucharest (they almost had it). I accepted his generous indemnity of 33 gold per turn, not sure why he felt like doing that. Rome will probably declare against me again later, and he has already given me an excuse to some of my warmongering by wiping Siam off the map. Wouldn't surprise me if he finished off Persia (of the Freedom ideology) before I got to him too.

Now that I have Vienna, what to do next? Austria married Mogadishu at the western tip of the continent (where the city stats are shown in the above image), it isn't that far away from Rome. It's a weak city, but if I conquered it, it would provide me with a good base where I could purchase and repair naval units for the German descent upon the Roman Empire. I'm thinking I won't though, I'll take Mogadishu and then ransom it back to a crippled two-city Austria instead of killing Maria altogether. My current bottleneck is science, I don't have Research Labs yet, I need a navy including at least one carrier to fight Rome. After I'm done with my current tech, I think I'll pop Oxford University for the Panzers so I can swap over to the top of the tech tree instead. The Celts have a horrendous no freshwater tundra capital with hardly any forests, no surprise that that plus the early Settler the barbarians stole doomed them. They've still knights and crossbows so they'll be wiped out in no time once I move north. The Dutch I would be backstabbing unless my razing of two cities begins to turn them against me, but they're on my continent, and seem alright if still a laggard, they have Great War Infantry I see. From there, it'd be invading the other continent from the west, leaving Rome for last.

1 hour ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I talk a lot about Pogo being a horny little shit.

Hide contents

The second he sees Beru he pops a boner and immediately tries to hide it.

This game is 12s somehow.

He also proceeds to knock out his pet friend (this will not be the first time in relation to her) and bows to her.

My first sentence stands.

Eyup. Pogo's scenario is entirely focused on comedy, except it has exactly three jokes to tell: "Horny funny", "people hurt funny" and "extremely vain idiot has a lizard on his dick". One of these is more amusing than the others.

I'll admit I didn't remember it being quite so obnoxious going into the remake, but I'm still happy the shenanigans are mostly confined to this chapter, at least. I really would've hated if they did nonsense with Lei at any point, but luckily there's already a secks humor central, so she gets to remain serious. I can thank it for that much.

45 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Arielle is the best, holy shit.

Good thing they didn't send her to lead the war in Miselie.

Remember when I said there was a member of the Cordean royal family that had dibs on the royal braincell? It's hers and she uses it to be a girlboss.

Honestly, if they'd sent her to wage war with Miselie they would've made peace and restored relations long before Zade even disembarked. She's really good. Even while kidnapped by brigands she manages to retain some dignity, a remarkable feat for a Vestarian woman that even the likes of Hilda most certainly cannot claim.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eyup. Pogo's scenario is entirely focused on comedy, except it has exactly two jokes to tell: "Horny funny" and "extremely vain idiot has a lizard on his dick". One of these is more amusing than the other.

I'll admit I didn't remember it being quite so obnoxious going into the remake, but I'm still happy the shenanigans are mostly confined to this chapter, at least. I really would've hated if they did nonsense with Lei at any point, but luckily there's already a secks humor central, so she gets to remain serious. I can thank it for that much.

I find it funny (in a "jaysis that's terrible", kinda have to laugh way) just how terrible these characters can be to be honest. Considering the events of this chapter and how this lot have been brought up, it's not surprising that they use such behaviour around each other. And while it could stand to handle the point better, how it ends suggests that

Spoiler

improved communication is supposed to move them past acting as they are.

Very simplistic mentality for sure and I'd say it's not effectively handled because we don't get enough of that outside of the end. Unless there's more in the credits in the remake.

You forgot to add toilet humour and "You'll get knocked the fuck out!" to the list of comedic elements.

4 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I find it funny (in a "jaysis that's terrible", kinda have to laugh way) just how terrible these characters can be to be honest. Considering the events of this chapter and how this lot have been brought up, it's not surprising that they use such behaviour around each other. And while it could stand to handle the point better, how it ends suggests that

Hide contents

improved communication is supposed to move them past acting as they are.

Very simplistic mentality for sure and I'd say it's not effectively handled because we don't get enough of that outside of the end. Unless there's more in the credits in the remake.

Zaki did nothing wrong.

You forgot to add toilet humour and "You'll get knocked the fuck out!" to the list of comedic elements.

I would include the second in "people hurt funny", but yes, toilet humor is also a thing here. All the highest echelons of humor, all in all. Not that I'm any stranger to finding crap humor (figuratively and literally) amusing at times, but the execution here really could be better.

Still, matter of tastes, I suppose. Like the rest of the chapters, it set out to be a homage, in this case to dumb slapstick comedy, and it works as that. I seem to recall it being rather popular among the LaL fanbase, so maybe I'm just weird. As per usual.

I found the one horny slapstick joke with the poster in Wild West to be a lot funnier than the entirety of Prehistory lol

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Currently still at the start of ch 3 in XC3, and currently level 33.

Same but lvl 31 here

Just finishing some side quests and stuff before proceeding with the story

That other part of the desert has some creepy vibes tho

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Remember when I said there was a member of the Cordean royal family that had dibs on the royal braincell? It's hers and she uses it to be a girlboss.

> Girlboss

> Kaga game

kirbyohcrap.png

Edited by Shrimpy

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

> Girlboss

> Kaga game

kirbyohcrap.png

I mean, we already had Sylvis lol

Nah but really, don't get your hopes up too much, but she has one particular scene at the end of the game that's just... You'll see.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dew it.

How would I play it again?

8 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Time to post on spe

If you do, make sure to spell my name right in the credits.

All right, without further ado. Time for the Live a Live final chapter.

Spoiler

Despite knowing full well that Sundown is the optimal starter pick so as not to have to bother with his amazing recruitment (not to mention Lei would be right there at the top of the mountain for a quick teammate), I have elected to start with Lei. Because turns out I'm a normie that favors Lei like everyone else.

Look, she's just really cool, the only female protag and from my favorite chapter. What could I do? She overrides elitism.

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

How would I play it again?

PCSX2, a completely legit copy for your Sony PC (I leave that to you) and this patch.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

PCSX2, a completely legit copy for your Sony PC (I leave that to you) and this patch.

You just reminded me that I planned to play Berwick on my PS2. Well, at least before it stopped working.

Pretty important change I noticed.

Spoiler

Turns out, people actually keep unequipped gear from their tales! Not healing items, though. I guess so you can't just grind for robotic parts in Akira's chapter and turn Cube into a murder monster.

Think I'll make my party Lei, Sundown, Akira and Masaru for now. I'll probably swap one of Akira and Masaru out for Cube when I'm a bit further in. Little one is too adorable to have sitting around at Castle Lucrece. Oboromaru and Pogo, I don't think I like enough, and they both have levels to last. I'll probably do their dungeons, though. Gotta get as much out of this wonderful finale as I can.

25 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Oh hey, it's that fuckwad.

25 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

You just reminded me that I planned to play Berwick on my PS2. Well, at least before it stopped working.

O O F

@Armagon

What exactly determines which character gets reactivated during chain attack?

Like ik TP% determines how many (2 at 150%, and i presume 3 at 200%), but i can't wrap my mind around the who

Also what is exactly power charge?

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

you do, make sure to spell my name right in the credits.

I think one of you should do it!

Edited by Shrimpy

Least the Jukebox exists for now.

At least there's that for infinite whistling. And spoiler songs.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmm, okay, I'll do it after Rev, but only if it has the promise of more lady knights.

47 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

I think one of you should do it!

Actually, how would that work? Would it just a reddit thread of all the posts we made talking about the political messaging of Fates?

29 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Ah a 1 art buff then

And here i though it buffs auto attscks because it disappears after 1 art xD

Thats how it works in X aa well, so yeah.

This piece of shit game really did just give me that item exactly after I would've needed it.

Fuck you game. Now to continue playing you.

12 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Hmm, okay, I'll do it after Rev, but only if it has the promise of more lady knights.

Off the top of my head, there are indeed more. And not just one, either. Though I'm more of a Sylvis fan, myself.