Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

46 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I'm deep enough in Cube's scenario now that I'll leave spoilers up

Hide contents

So, gotten to the point where we've had Rachel's part of the story, the behemoth's out and Huey and Rachel just got savaged by the behemoth.

It's got this nice sombre piece as Kato reminds you that they need you in this time to deal with the interface. You walk off with the track in your ears.

And then you get near there and the music stops as the behemoth charges right for you.

Panic immediately sets in. I dive into the room. Thankfully it's not able to open doors.

Imagine if my joycon had screwed me over there.

Spoiler

Behemoth got me too once lol. They did well with the remake here.

46 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

That there's so many of them and they all have the thunder AoE except the one guy you have to get on fire tiles so you need him to be in Supernova range, which of course takes getting to it and then realising it 2-shots you.

Second worst's probably Jupiter aka Bird trolls.

Keep in mind I got as far as said bird trolls without the memory card then finished it off after getting it.

What I like about Captain Square is how each scenario is sort of a puzzle and you have to figure out how to best use the tools given to you to solve it. There's always a relatively painless way Much better than Pogo and Oboromaru's secret super bosses, which just heal all damage you deal to them from the status tiles they create and you gotta grind to outdamage them.

If there's another way, by all means, let me know when the time comes.

29 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Oh my god she's beauti-

*Cough* sorry, what were we talking about?

Hey, that's a fair take and I agree with it too. Play Berwick Saga to see more?

24 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

I like that this is something we can all agree on.

We finally found it.

Teehee's inception.

Just now, Awoken Dayni said:

Megalovania time.

Time to just sit and listen for the next few minutes I reckon.

God was it hype the first time the game hit me with that.

And the second.

And the third.

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Megalovania time.

Time to just sit and listen for the next few minutes I reckon.

Noooooooooo!!!! Curse you Fox!!!! How many innocent people must die before you’re satisfied!?!? 

Ending spoilers:

Spoiler

Kato lives 😄

They took Cube 😮

One down, 5 and a half to go because I took the save without Oboromaru data.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Behemoth got me too once lol. They did well with the remake here.

Spoiler

I managed to avoid getting caught by it, but because I wasn't sure how much power I'd need I got myself caught on the acid on the third floor.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What I like about Captain Square is how each scenario is sort of a puzzle and you have to figure out how to best use the tools given to you to solve it. There's always a relatively painless way Much better than Pogo and Oboromaru's secret super bosses, which just heal all damage you deal to them from the status tiles they create and you gotta grind to outdamage them.

If there's another way, by all means, let me know when the time comes.

For the bosses? Or for the captain square maps?

What's painless for the birds then?

1 minute ago, WraithReborn said:

Noooooooooo!!!! Curse you Fox!!!! How many innocent people must die before you’re satisfied!?!? 

GODDAMMIT I DID IT AGAIN!

MegaloMAINA, Mania!

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Vivi would be a romance option if there was any justice in the world.

Preach.

Well I haven't really done anything yet, but it seems appealing so far (even if this is the part of the game Sooks complained about for being boring).

Did I call it boring? I just think it completely kills the pacing and the main plot goes from building up your team and getting ready to take on the war to dicking around Erebonia doing random side objectives (and I’m not talking about the side quests, I mean this is what some of the actual main quests felt like). Which… maybe is the same thing, idk.

Recruiting Thors students is cool though.

48 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Azura sings two versions of Lost in Thoughts, the light version and the dark version. While the light version only makes Garon a little sweaty, the dark version (Which is very middle eastern inspired in it's music) Makes Garon flip out, representing how many US conservatives refuse to acknowledge the unique culture and people in the Middle East, as they are so content with the idea that they are nothing but Muslim savages who behead men and enslave women.

And in the support conversations between Ryoma and Felicia, Felicia mentions chocolate as though it's a "Nohrian dish" even though chocolate originated from Mesoamerica. This represents the cultural amnesia that many Americans have where they associate names and items with a different people and culture. Chicago, Massachusetts, Mississippi, where do you think these "God loving American" names came from?

Can you tell I'm running out of metaphors to make?

Yeah, how long is this gonna go on for…

The fact that there are, supposedly, several ninja clans in Hoshido but that fact is swept under the rug outside of a few support conversations represents how people in the United States view the Middle East and the people who live there as a monolithic hive mind, where every practicing Muslim unequivocally thinks terrorism is pretty cool and everyone living in the general area has zero cultural differences, despite the fact that this is untrue.

5 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

GODDAMMIT I DID IT AGAIN!

MegaloMAINA, Mania!

Listen Dayni, I don’t know if you’re in there anymore, but you’ve got to stop listening to the voices!

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Man, i totally expect memes about chain attack music

It's a real banger, but... xD

Hey, it could always be Xenosaga EP I when it comes to music!

42 minutes ago, Sooks said:

dicking around Erebonia doing random side objectives

Just wait till you play CS III and IV! You think its bad there...

Edited by lightcosmo

Far future spoilers I suppose.

Spoiler

Darthe when he sees twins:

Another-two.png

19 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Listen Dayni, I don’t know if you’re in there anymore, but you’ve got to stop listening to the voices!

Nope, nothing like that going on here.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Happy birth day...

I do not know the Jetsons enough to make jokes on him.

Though I'm sure others are on that at the moment.

TIL Switch games can restrict screenshotting to avoid spoilers. I am unable to screenshot during the end of the Medieval chapter. Big dickmove, to be honest.

Anyway, Medieval over. This was every bit as epic as I had hoped. MASSIVE LIVE A LIVE SPOILERS AHEAD

Spoiler

Streibough's actor is godly. He does a wonderful smarmy traitor. His angry speech at Oersged was great. I even watched it twice, it was so good.

The battle against him actually saw some changes. Beyond the QoL changes and the presentation improvements, most of the game has been very faithfully adapted, but final battle Streighbough was given a glow up. Now he looks all dark and evil, like he does when he flies up just before the battle begins. He is also somewhat less pathetic. He dies fast but he can dish out some mean blows. I approve, OG final battle of Medieval was just sad.

And of course, the generic silent JRPG protagonist going mad, ranting about the undeserved shunning he suffered and willingly turning himself into the main villain of all time with a grand orchestral version of the Odio theme playing in the background is just... God, so hauntingly beautiful.

I love this game so much.

1 hour ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Ending spoilers:

Hide contents

Kato lives 😄

They took Cube 😮

One down, 5 and a half to go because I took the save without Oboromaru data.

Spoiler

Kato living always made me happy. He stays out of the love triangle shit and just does his own thing. A poor team player, perhaps, he just keeps to himself and his bot. But still nowhere near as dysfunctional as the other jerks.

And c'mon he's Dad. I love how he calls Cube "little one." An obvious workaround for the changable name, but in this case, I think I like it better anyway.

1 hour ago, Awoken Dayni said:

MegaloMAINA

Megalomaine lol. The Stephen King version.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

43 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This

This has thevpotential to dethrone SC

Pls don't fuck up

Please

Spoiler

When you say dethrone SC, do you mean as your favorite game ever or in some more specific aspect? Cause if it’s the first thing, why are we even in spoiler tags?

Oh my fucking God this is SO good.

Spoiler

Playing the finale as Oersted was always one of my favorite things about this game. How many games let you play as the bad guys and smack the snot out of the good guys for no reason? It's so unabashedly cruel and unique.

But here? Wow. Fucking wow. With the remake's presentation, all bets are off. Oersted's speech actually got me fired up. The visuals are amazing, the soundtrack is god-tier and Oersted's voice actor goes all in. Oersted got a new demonic appearance. In the pause menu he's cackling maniacally!

This is it. The grand finale of Live a Live. I am the incarnation of evil. I am pure hatred. And I shall wipe out mankind. For they deserve to suffer for their sins.

Fuck me this is incredible. Best timeline thanks to this game.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Once it's charged, I think I'll go for Akira.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

TIL Switch games can restrict screenshotting to avoid spoilers. I am unable to screenshot during the end of the Medieval chapter. Big dickmove, to be honest.

DAMMIT SE

If anyone does it it's them.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Kato living always made me happy. He stays out of the love triangle shit and just does his own thing. A poor team player, perhaps, he just keeps to himself and his bot. But still nowhere near as dysfunctional as the other jerks.

And c'mon he's Dad. I love how he calls Cube "little one." An obvious workaround for the changable name, but in this case, I think I like it better anyway.

Spoiler

I don't agree on the irredeemably of the others as OD-10 seemed to see.

We know that Huey and Rachel broke up with a fair amount of animosity, Kirk used that to big himself up, Kato focused on his own works to avoid facing the drama around him and the captain . All of this could have been worked on, OD-10 however chose as much as Kato did to not do anything to resolve the issues for being such a total AI over the ship, killed the captain and let the rest break down with the options it had to encourage it.

Course, considering it's origins, it's not surprising it didn't try and chose violence.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Megalomaine lol. The Stephen King version.

Spoiler

That's where they got inspiration for Rachel bringing Kirk into her bed after he died.

Freaking fuck boss had like 3% hp remaining AAAAAA

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Reveal hidden contents

When you say dethrone SC, do you mean as your favorite game ever or in some more specific aspect? Cause if it’s the first thing, why are we even in spoiler tags?

Yes

Spoiler

Because i don't wanna start a Trails suscussion

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Mmkay thats cool!

May I ask why you prefer those classes?

Fencer has cool abilities and skills, Zephyr is evasion build Nia, and Magic gunner because i don't trust AI with support qnd find timed CDs better on support classes

Just now, Shrimpy said:

Fencer has cool abilities and skills, Zephyr is evasion build Nia, and Magic gunner because i don't trust AI with support qnd find timed CDs better on support classes

Interesting! The class functions are pretty fun, although so far healers got the short end of the stick.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Interesting! The class functions are pretty fun, although so far healers got the short end of the stick.

Combine healers with tanky master skills

For example heal + Zephyr's evasion helps in a pinch quite a bit