Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Matthis moment

1 minute ago, Newtype06 said:

rFbje5B.jpeg

Even aside from long covid, I have an annoying tendency for colds to linger when I'd rather they didn't.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

That’s not necessarily true, Iago could be a gun rights lobbyist and Corrin could be an everyday citizen, Iago could be an anti-abortion rights lobbyist (those do exist right?) and Corrin could be an everyday citizen, Imago could be a lobbyist for big pharmaceutical companies and Corrin could be an everyday citizen, etc.

Corrin, an everyday citizen?

That is an odd one.

4 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

That's fair enough. Honestly Kotaro could represent many things as the leader of a smaller authoritarian government trying to get support from America

Kotaro as Mokushu's daimyo is a person who has much personal ambition, but we get little about Mokushu itself and why he acted as he did in relation to his nation rather than his selfish ambitions.

Which can be argued is fine for who he is in the scope of the story he's in. But even Gangrel got a bit more context than Kotaro.

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

https://i.imgur.com/bxvRIug.jpg

Why would I want to be?

16 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Karajan must have been really confused when Sjarta just randomly went and stabbed him. Poor guy just keeps getting bullied by kids. :lol:

Karajan's character traits are threatening people with legal action, being an arrogant shithead and getting bullied by children.

I love him. He's great.

Anyway, I hear sometimes she goes for Nelke there, instead, but she whacked Karajan in my first run too, and in my second she didn't flip out because I didn't have Haldyn. It was funny, she shanked Karajan and then Karajan cured her. Self-defense restoration?

I don't know what that gacha illustration has to do with anything, but I do agree with the general sentiment.

What is she even from? Is it really a gacha? That cannot be true, her boobs aren't exposed. She does have boob armor, but that's still too reasonable for a gacha character...

titania_en.png

Have another one.

033_-_Alwina_-_Paladin.jpg

It always amazed me how unlike Kaga Alvina is. Her role is Camus-like except she uses her brain, she has a romance that doesn't encompass her entire character, she's never victimized for no reason, her design is tasteful and she's established as a great warrior and admired leader and the game actually sticks to its guns all the way through. With time she's become lowkey one of my favorite characters in the game. If only Kaga could have the restraint to write more of his girls like this.

That's that, then. Oboromaru's fun castle has arrived at its end. It was fun, but I probably should've gone for zero kills. Ended up doing 95, not too shabby.

My ranking of the scenarios: Imperial China > Distant Future > Wild West > Present > Twilight of Edo Japan > Near Future > Prehistory. I don't really dislike any of them, though I'll admit Prehistory was pushing it a bit.

And now, for the good stuff.

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What is she even from? Is it really a gacha? That cannot be true, her boobs aren't exposed. She does have boob armor, but that's still too reasonable for a gacha character...

It's just the feel I get from the texture, the shading or whatnot. Idk, it just feels a lot like all those mobile ads I've seen in the Youtube sidebar until I banished it into the shadow realm. They all kinda look the same.

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It always amazed me how unlike Kaga Alvina is. Her role is Camus-like except she uses her brain, she has a romance that doesn't encompass her entire character, she's never victimized for no reason, her design is tasteful and she's established as a great warrior and admired leader and the game actually sticks to its guns all the way through. With time she's become lowkey one of my favorite characters in the game. If only Kaga could have the restraint to write more of his girls like this.

Then Merida goes getting kidnapped twice in the same game.

I do like her armor, though.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh God they filled Medieval with Shakespeak. The heck does "yonder youth victorious cheer" even mean...?

The young cheer at your victory I'm assuming in context.

Also, no spoiler boxes yet? I know, SE didn't feel like they had to and admittedly this is the start I'm assuming.

Edited by Awoken Dayni

I had never noticed how Hasshe, valorous knight vanquisher of the Lord of Dark, and Uranus, kind magician who tagged along for the vanquishing, are supposed to parallel Oersted and Streibough. A "new generation taking over" kinda thing. That's such a neat detail.

42 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It's just the feel I get from the texture, the shading or whatnot. Idk, it just feels a lot like all those mobile ads I've seen in the Youtube sidebar until I banished it into the shadow realm. They all kinda look the same.

True enough, it does give off gacha vibes.

Then Merida goes getting kidnapped twice in the same game.

Such a waste.

I do like her armor, though.

She does look nice, if you get her regular version.

36 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

The young cheer at your victory I'm assuming in context.

Ah, that makes sense.

36 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Also, no spoiler boxes yet? I know, SE didn't feel like they had to and admittedly this is the start I'm assuming.

Indeed. And, as you said, I'm only starting.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Btw, @Armagon

About Lucky 7

Hide contents

Wasn's there a quest to make legendary weapons for nopons in one of the other games? I think it was XB1 to be exact, no?

Spoiler

I don't recall. I know there was a quest to get the Nopon Sword of Legendariness but that's in Xenoblade X.

Loving the presentation improvements here. What used to be a big gray cave is now a demonic haven to match its lord.

Still in awe that I live in a timeline where this remake exists. If this could happen, why not Berwick lol

It turns out Livealive is out of stock in the nearest shop to me.

Because of me.

The inverse cover is very red.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I had never noticed how Hasshe, valorous knight vanquisher of the Lord of Dark, and Uranus, kind magician who tagged along for the vanquishing, are supposed to parallel Oersted and Streibough. A "new generation taking over" kinda thing. That's such a neat detail.

It's always been the intent there.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

F U C K   Y O U

U

C

K

Y

O

U

If you know, you know.

175.jpg

I might know.

(I can't get any videos because youtube age blocks motherfucker for anyone not named Samuel L Jackson)

7 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

It turns out Livealive is out of stock in the nearest shop to me.

No...!

Because of me.

Ohoho!

The inverse cover is very red.

Huh, I hadn't noticed.

It's always been the intent there.

Flew over my head, it did.

175.jpg

I might know.

Heh...

(I can't get any videos because youtube age blocks motherfucker for anyone not named Samuel L Jackson)

Lol

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

You ever get curious when someone dislikes something where the general consensus is that it's good? Basically that, which is why I'm saying it's not that deep. 

Not really, if someone doesn't enojoy something, then i accept that about them, no need to get bothered by it.

Hell, FFVI is considered a "god" among FF games, and you can clearly see where i rank it. XD

4 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Yeah support Ai kinda sucks. Other roles are fine, but i noticed during harder battles i gotta control healers myself

Exactly, like they are standing right next to the defender with their healing arte charged already, but don't decide to use it. Why is that?

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Hell, FFVI is considered a "god" among FF games, and you can clearly see where i rank it. XD

Yes but I don't have an opinion on FF games in the first place so I wouldn't be able to discuss that with you anyways.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Exactly, like they are standing right next to the defender with their healing arte charged already, but don't decide to use it. Why is that?

It's really weird that I have not had this issue.

But if we're talking gripes with the combat, I have three minor ones.

1. No i-frames when Interlinking. Cause like I've had numerous times where the AI would Interlink but the one of the partners gets KO'd right as they're doing it. Particularly troublesome if it's Eunie/Taion cause Eunieboros AoE heal is a godsend.

2. Losing Talent Art charge when KO'd cause man, some of these Talent Arts take a while.

3. Wish Interlink level was more intuitive. I know it's raised by doing Fusion Arts but you can't actually tell how close you are to raising it. 

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yes but I don't have an opinion on FF games in the first place so I wouldn't be able to discuss that with you anyways.

It's really weird that I have not had this issue.

But if we're talking gripes with the combat, I have three minor ones.

1. No i-frames when Interlinking. Cause like I've had numerous times where the AI would Interlink but the one of the partners gets KO'd right as they're doing it. Particularly troublesome if it's Eunie/Taion cause Eunieboros AoE heal is a godsend.

2. Losing Talent Art charge when KO'd cause man, some of these Talent Arts take a while.

3. Wish Interlink level was more intuitive. I know it's raised by doing Fusion Arts but you can't actually tell how close you are to raising it. 

I was just saying that popular doesn't always mean great to everyone.

I dislike the fact that the A.I can activate interlink. What if they use both my healers and now i'm just out of luck?

I've had the A.I kinda break and decide not to help at all in battle either.

Like, please give me an option to edit the A.I a bit.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

dislike the fact that the A.I can activate interlink. What if they use both my healers and now i'm just out of luck?

Settings -> Game -> scroll down to Interlink.

Hell you can even turn off Overkill if you so wish.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Settings -> Game -> scroll down to Interlink.

Hell you can even turn off Overkill if you so wish.

Thank god they have this, would have been annoying otherwise!

I mean, the A.I doesn't need to be all like:

c3ab861dee3f0752081078aaeee99d94.png

Even though i assume it is but customisation is life they say! XD

Difficult Battle in the remake is sweet. A Dignified Battle it's called now, which isn't... quite the same. Mistranslation on the old patch, perhaps. It's not the only one.

But then, the entire remade OST is sweet. I've found myself missing some instrument choices from the original at times, but for the most part, it's great.

Almost made it to the end of Middle Ages. I'm at the final boss's doorstep. It's been a wild ride as ever. I can hardly wait to behold that one scene with full voice acting. Hope the actor is up to the task.

If it were anyone else this'd be age blocked.

Funny you should bring this up. There's an MF bomb in Live a Live.

Yeah. Partly censored, but still. They slipped motherfucker past Nintendo.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Thank god they have this, would have been annoying otherwise!

Hasn't bothered me cause mainly cause the AI is way better at raising Interlink level than I am so I just wait for them to reach Lv.3 so I can swap to them and do two Ouroborus Orders in a row. But the option is there yes.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They slipped motherfucker past Nintendo.

Bro Bayonetta exists. 

Now a certain Xenoblade 3 character saying "bitchqueen" so much that if you took a shot every time she said it, you'd die, now that's "how the fuck did Nintendo let this slide".

Just now, Armagon said:

Now a certain Xenoblade 3 character saying "bitchqueen" so much that if you took a shot every time she said it, you'd die, now that's "how the fuck did Nintendo let this slide".

Ah, well. Interesting.

Just now, Armagon said:

Hasn't bothered me cause mainly cause the AI is way better at raising Interlink level than I am so I just wait for them to reach Lv.3 so I can swap to them and do two Ouroborus Orders in a row. But the option is there yes.

It's kinda like Tales of where i just don't want the A.I to use my Mystic Artes and such on me in case i need the rescources personally.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, well. Interesting.

Was genuinely caught off guard tbh, cause like most of the swear's in this game are in-universe swears.