Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He recounted one particular translator whom he praised for giving each empty chest in a game its own unique message. Sound familiar? So I went ahead and told him he'd probably like Trails, because he probably would.

Wait, is the implication here that Trails’ English translations not the only time this has happened? Was he referring to the Spanish fanslation of a different game?

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

None of that can ever compare to how shit a character Rean has become in just CS III and IV alone, Wraith.

Lightcosmo you seem to live on an island of blessed ignorance in a bleak ocean of endless sprawling chaos. If Rean’s rubbish characterization or choices in the game are the greatest evil you’ve experienced, then you have escaped unscathed. To play TMS # FE, no to see TMS # FE is to know unending horror, to feel both fear and apathy simultaneously devouring your soul at the same time. There is no coming back. I…never came back…

10 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Lightcosmo you seem to live on an island of blessed ignorance in a bleak ocean of endless sprawling chaos. If Rean’s rubbish characterization or choices in the game are the greatest evil you’ve experienced, then you have escaped unscathed. To play TMS # FE, no to see TMS # FE is to know unending horror, to feel both fear and apathy simultaneously devouring your soul at the same time. There is no coming back. I…never came back…

Eh? I've already played TMS#FE though. 

And its better than CS III and IV Rean. Trust me on this one.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Eh? I've already played TMS#FE though. 

And its better than CS III and IV Rean. Trust me on this one.

…I see. I understand everything now, you never came back either lightcosmo.

I had forgotten the final chapter had randomly spawning bosses.

That was a nice surprise. Just walking around and all of a sudden Ishtar comes out of nowhere and demolishes half my team with a full board attack.

Spoiler

Luckily, Cube is overpowered as hell, so by spamming heals, he was able to keep Sundown hanging in there as he shot the shit out of the guy. Yes, guy.

Cube's the best. Also I have heard "AIN'T DEAD YET" so many times it doesn't even sound like a sentence anymore.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, is the implication here that Trails’ English translations not the only time this has happened? Was he referring to the Spanish fanslation of a different game?

No, he was talking about Trails. He just didn't know the name.

3 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Wait are you suggesting you're eternally tainted by it?

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I had forgotten the final chapter had randomly spawning bosses.

That was a nice surprise. Just walking around and all of a sudden Ishtar comes out of nowhere and demolishes half my team with a full board attack.

Wait, Genealogy was two years after.

Imagine that that happened though, I'd be terrified what they'd do for the BBQ

3 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

…I see. I understand everything now, you never came back either lightcosmo.

Wraith, my sanity was still intact after TMS but CS III and IV ruined me as far as those games were concerned.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wraith, my sanity was still intact after TMS but CS III and IV ruined me as far as those games were concerned.

It’s okay lightcosmo, you’re amongst friends here.

Edited by WraithReborn

Just now, WraithReborn said:

Yes

Huh.

I've seen Kowashitai and didn't feel any different.

Strange.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What.

No one here will judge you for having to play TMS # FE, must of us were young once with dreams and ambitions. But not anymore…not anymore…

3 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Huh.

I've seen Kowashitai and didn't feel any different.

Strange.

Mayhap your soul had already been lost to you before that time Dayni.

Just now, WraithReborn said:

No one here will judge you for having to play TMS # FE, must of us were young once with dreams and ambitions. But not anymore…not anymore…

Who are we talking about here, Wraith?

Watched a new video on the history of tea, the lighter side of it, apparently the history of tea can get dark and political and is long enough to span several 15-20 minute videos. ("Lighter side", and yet said video mentioned a young sharp-witted British noblewoman, who was accused of having an illicit pregnancy when her abdomen started bulging by mean-spirited rumormongers (one of whom is accredited with inventing afternoon tea and introduced to it Her Majesty) and Queen Victoria herself. The young noblewoman then died of what an autopsy revealed to be a large liver tumor.) Specifically, the video covered British tea time, which only became a daily occurrence beginning in the 1840s, although the plummeting cost of tea over the 1700s had laid the groundwork for tea's takeover of Britannia. Afternoon tea as began by aristocrats actually being "low tea", due to it being served on coffee tables, whereas "high tea" was for commoners and served at higher dinner tables and was the evening meal (hence the alternative name "meat tea" because that's what's for dinner). Oh, and there's a California nomadic Cosplay Cafe that serves Grass, Fire, and Water-type tea blends, the Water being vividly dark blue in color. 

d753cd_4a5acf97491c4f9b9a18fe034cd85f58f

Afterwards, I mustered the will to start Ys Seven, on Easy just in case, not like I'm a challenge junkie with Ys. IX as I said before numbed my self-loathing earlier this year, mortality anxiety is a stronger beast I think, but it can't hurt to try. Needed to sort out some control configuration adjustments, and it still feels a little awkward compared to playing on Switch, maybe it's the superiority of the Pro Controller over my 8Bitdo. Totally a graphical downgrade compared to Lacrimosa and Monstrum, much less VA work too, I can bear with it no probs. Dogi being playable should elicit some feeling in me after Dana and Nox relegated him to NPC status, but somehow it doesn't. Adol getting arrested almost first thing looks familiar, though the outcome is far different this time. Stopped part of the way into the Ancient Tree dungeon, when my laptop warned me of low battery. The fundamentals carried into VIII and IX other than Flash Move are all there, it's fun enough. I think I can see room Arma's complaint of boss HP bloat, it isn't an issue on Easy so far, but I can see the possibility of it being there are on the higher difficulties.

While I was playing, someone in the same room turned on a documentary series on Victoria's Secret, its founder, and the fabulously wealthy man's connections to a certain infamous rich and well-connected sexual predator. Said room occupant didn't seem to be paying too much attention to it. I might not care in the absolute least about women's lingerie, but I've been keeping my ears two-thirds open to it. It's still history of a kind, I'm liking having it on, I probably wouldn't have of my own initiative. Apparently, models for the angelic company who were retiring had to keep up appearances, so they had to be given a "good ending", meaning marriage to a wealthy man. That's the positive spin on it, the unstated other way to look at it is handing off sexy ladies to thirsty rich men, creepy.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, right, I forgot where you live.

I can't speak for every professional in my country, but my own therapist has always cost somewhere between 30 and 50 bucks per session. A price, to be sure, but well, not outrageous and far from absolutely requiring something like insurance, I think. Is the situation for these things that much worse in the land of freedom?

I simply don't know.😅 I've never handled these matters, family always has done it for me.

I don't even know where the paperwork for my b/c autism federally-provided Supplemental Security Income (or was it Medicare or Medicaid now? IDK) insurance is. I'm not going to ask, because then they'll gently insist on doing themselves, and they feel compelled to find me a general practitioner as well since I haven't had one due to not having seen a doctor for years.  Wouldn't surprise me if they misplaced their priorities and looked for physical health first. And they claimed there are some many different therapists that they're a little overwhelmed by it and will have to figure out what best suits me. They supposedly have a list written up, but I haven't a clue where it is and it wouldn't surprise me if it's written on paper in chicken-scratch that I wouldn't be able to read even if I found it.

I'd be willing to do my own research, as this could help me out, but I don't want to press the matter if it bothers them. They're not a control freak at all don't get me wrong, but I feel like asking to let me do it is going to lead to some selfless insistence they do it for me.

Basically, dealing with family ain't always so simple. I love 'em, and I don't think it's that they don't take me seriously, they're just moving slower than I would like, perhaps not understanding how much I want help, or perhaps they're merely distracted by other earthly matters.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

At the beginning of ch4 atm just finished Lambda's Hero quest and now revisiting the other colonies for quests and stuff

Same area, 8 heroes, and lvl 47... Xd

Still haven't written my Xenoblade 3 review cause the game's so phenomenal that i still haven't sorted out my thoughts.

Give me time.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

ch4

Oh you're in for some raw kino this chapter.

Funnily enough, I faced a second Ishtar without instantly losing half the team... And lost.

Spoiler

Fucking idiot Akira went and triggered a counter and even Cube couldn't take two consecutive attacks. Doggone it, I should've taken Masaru...

I distinctly remember this game being much easier than this. It's easy in parts, but then some bouts, jeez.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I simply don't know.😅 I've never handled these matters, family always has done it for me.

I don't even know where the paperwork for my b/c autism federally-provided Supplemental Security Income (or was it Medicare or Medicaid now? IDK) insurance is. I'm not going to ask, because then they'll gently insist on doing themselves, and they feel compelled to find me a general practitioner as well since I haven't had one due to not having seen a doctor for years.  Wouldn't surprise me if they misplaced their priorities and looked for physical health first. And they claimed there are some many different therapists that they're a little overwhelmed by it and will have to figure out what best suits me. They supposedly have a list written up, but I haven't a clue where it is and it wouldn't surprise me if it's written on paper in chicken-scratch that I wouldn't be able to read even if I found it.

I'd be willing to do my own research, as this could help me out, but I don't want to press the matter if it bothers them. They're not a control freak at all don't get me wrong, but I feel like asking to let me do it is going to lead to some selfless insistence they do it for me.

Basically, dealing with family ain't always so simple. I love 'em, and I don't think it's that they don't take me seriously, they're just moving slower than I would like, perhaps not understanding how much I want help, or perhaps they're merely distracted by other earthly matters.

Ah, I see. A delicate matter, certainly. I understand you want not to impose, but... Well, at the same time, they need to understand, this isn't something they can slack off on.

Still, I don't mean to criticize your family or tell you how to do things. Ultimately, all I can really do is tell you, hang in there, man.