Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is that... Aegina and Ruby? I mean, the drawing's quality is good, but... frankly, the way they both are, I would expect a volleyball match between these two to end not in cute fanservice, but rather brutal, bloody murder barely avoided.

By Ward standing between them and yelling at them.

I don't know. They are both kinda underpowered.

Well, at least Aegina is good once every 7 turns.

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Done with the filler Eirika monster map. Now it's time for everyone's favorite Sacred Stones map.

The boat.

I've a couple of ideas for this. But mostly I need to nerf it, because good God this map with good enemies has to be hell.

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I don't know. They are both kinda underpowered.

Well, at least Aegina is good once every 7 turns.

They are evenly matched, then!

Thiw3Yyq_o.png

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But mostly I need to nerf it, because good God this map with good enemies has to be hell.

But you have a bunch of good units now! Surely it'll be fine now.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thiw3Yyq_o.png

>Dies

Who's he facing?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've a couple of ideas for this. But mostly I need to nerf it, because good God this map with good enemies has to be hell

Why not just change the map entirely? Its restricted af anyways and can only be played a handful of ways.

H8NUiN1.pngJasFJzO.png

And with those two leveled up I finally have a fully promoted team!

...Except Tethys of course, but she doesn't count.

XwGy5zu.png

Mordor?

8yQBpMA.png

I can tell this map is going to be fun because I barely tell what is and isn't traversable terrain.

p0kIFiM.png

I'm so glad I kept this guy along.

HtvXpjv.png

Woah woah woah! Game! You can't just have stationary bosses for the whole game than have this thing sniped Eirika from three tiles away, nearly killing her!

Y6GsPMG.png

Killing these eggs gives an unreasonable amount of XP.

My fliers are going to level up so much.

vN3Ykn9.pngu1YGzuK.png

Meme Face Palm GIF - Meme FacePalm Disappointed - Discover & Share GIFs

nz1Fdav.png

Aaaalright, we're at the homestretch, just two more levels until it's over. That was a fairly short chapter so I might as well just do it now.

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, I think that's a fair summary. Awakening probably did do it best, and it has the best lines because I can actually remember one. I can also remember one from Three Houses, but that's because it's Hanneman going "aha, a weakpoint" like the absolute dork he is, I love him. Fates... I can remember Charlotte making a mad face and going "I will tear you in half", for no particular reason. Drawing a massive blank on Echoes's crit shenanigans.

Pleased with the new direction taken.

One thing I'll praise Fates for is the hilariously stupid quotes being mixed with the incredibly bizarre critical animations.

My personal favorite is Felicia as a sorcerer yelling "I'm gonna break you!" in the most cutesy way possible before levitating in the air and fucking exterminating her enemy's vital organs.

Hey, that guy looks like someone I knew once. He was in the same student housing where I spent my three college months. We didn't talk that much.

...I'm probably supposed to know who this man is, aren't I? Hey isn't the other one Elon Musk--

I think this is from Thor Ragnorok? It's one of the MCU movie.

You didn't post the screenshot where she goes "you mean like this?" and shows him the door to darkness. Just, straight up, in the middle of the battlefield.

Well, he did mention that she was just joking right afterwards which I interpreted as Eirika not actually showing anything.

FE1 best FE because it doesn't have enough pixels to be horny

But even what FE1 hides in it's pixel graphics, it cannot hide in it's concept art.

20 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:
Personally, I agree. It's the main reason why when I thought they were gone I didn't mind.

The quotes have had less of an impact in the discourse too (There's a reason Pick a god and pray was a common thing in the fandom of that time. You might see it on occasion from titles since, but talk about crit quote's peak was Awakening as a whole.), not helping the case for them.

Yeah, there was such a moment of hype for me when a crit activated in Awakening, with the games that followed it was more just a "Oh hey look, a crit" situation.

I will say though, there are some Fates quotes that I think are really good. Sazio's bit of silence before simply saying "Weak" is pretty great, and Kaze's "The pain will pass" is pretty unique.

11 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

But you have a bunch of good units now! Surely it'll be fine now.

D'Erica is literally Derrick with a meme speed growth.

11 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

>Dies

Who's he facing?

NwjP3b0w_o.png

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Why not just change the map entirely? Its restricted af anyways and can only be played a handful of ways.

Well, I do think it's pretty unique, and it serves as an excellent stage for the appearance a certain group of OCs. I just want to tweak it a bit so it's not as godawful. Spam less zombos and stuff.

10 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Well, at least Ruby came close to winning a tournament. At least until her dad decided to remind her that just because it's called "domestic violence" it does not mean that it stops outside the house.

And then Ward was like "even I never went that far, someone's got to teach you a lesson

7 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

vN3Ykn9.pngu1YGzuK.png

The moment everyone loves.

7 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Well, he did mention that she was just joking right afterwards which I interpreted as Eirika not actually showing anything.

As her hands reached for her skirt, Forde saw the spirit of Fado rising from the grave and ordering his execution

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

But even what FE1 hides in it's pixel graphics, it cannot hide in it's concept art.

...true enough.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Kaze's "The pain will pass"

.....Yeah that's one.

I also just remembered Oboro shouting at the enemy that they'd need stitches. Like, I don't think stitches will fix a blade through the skull.

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I think this is from Thor Ragnorok? It's one of the MCU movie.

That's the one.

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

vN3Ykn9.pngu1YGzuK.png

Yep.

People crucify her for that one.

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

See: Marth and his pantsless power.

IS has been avoiding it as best they can ever since, but someone made the mistake with Engage, soon Pantsless Marth will be free at last.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

D'Erica is literally Derrick with a meme speed growth.

Either it's stupid low or it's 69 or something, there's no in between.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Spam less zombos and stuff.

It's less the zombies and more the hoveries that'll get me on this map.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As her hands reached for her skirt, Forde saw the spirit of Fado rising from the grave and ordering his execution

Nah, Fado was getting the axe out to cut Forde down himself.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ajx0JjMX_o.png

Don't mind me, just had to share this accidental bit of unfunny programmer humor lololololol

He was just fighting to maintain the integrity of the traditional family structure

He's the guy who gets used by Riev in this game and if anyone would blend in with the far right it's that asshole.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh god, I didn't think about the implications of her riding a horse with naught but a skirt and undergarments to protect her crotch.

That's something all pegasus riders deal with I suppose.

Except Shigure and Subaki of course because male privilege.

It's the Fire Emblem equivalent of there being no pockets on most female clothing.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

I don't have Adobe Premiere downloaded at the moment but if I did, I would make a really low effort meme with this video.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

.....Yeah that's one.

I also just remembered Oboro shouting at the enemy that they'd need stitches. Like, I don't think stitches will fix a blade through the skull.

That's a great one as well.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

See: Marth and his pantsless power.

IS has been avoiding it as best they can ever since, but someone made the mistake with Engage, soon Pantsless Marth will be free at last.

Wasn't there a Heroes skin of Marth based off of his original design or was that a weird fever dream I had?

Edited by Edelguardiansing

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Wasn't there a Heroes skin of Marth based off of his original design or was that a weird fever dream I had?

They limited it's power by making him younger (like SD prologue age) and adding shorts.

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Oh god, I didn't think about the implications of her riding a horse with naught but a skirt and undergarments to protect her crotch.

FE doesn't have sudocrem either, the chafed skin must be terrible.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...You know what my problem with portraits is? Even though I'm not an artist, I still get that awful feeling where I keep seeing the most insignificant flaws in them, and I just have to jump in and fix them. And then turns out I've wasted an hour moving pixels on a face. Oof...

I mean, when Etrian Odyssey started letting players alter their characters' skin, eye (individually for heterochromia if desired), and hair color, I could easily spend 10 minutes per character trying to make them look just right, plus decide on a name with some good inspiration behind it and that looked nice in the ingame font. With five characters per team it wouldn't surprise me if I spent an hour working on it.

We can all be nitpicky critics of aesthetics when the situation is right.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I mean, to be fair, Forde is a really cool dude, he deserves it. He also deserves stats, but alas, life is unfair.

He might have one of the most uninspired designs in FE8, but he does have personality for sure. On the downright wacky side perhaps b/c painting or dozing off on the battlefield, but perhaps his lackluster appearance is what keeps it feeling restrained. He retains enough realism that you know he can take war seriously, and he has his brotherhood to add another little facet.

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Ya know what TMS actually needed?

Paper mario like audience

...I can't believe I never thought of that before.😲

Although being 3D with 360* battlefield, the theatre of TTYD wouldn't be implementable. And it wouldn't be as easy to read either, good luck noticing when someone is going to throw a rock at you. I'd need to really think about for how an audience could be implementable in TMS.

On the topic of PM, if you're ever bored and see it on sale, you might want to consider Bug Fables. -Though it doesn't have the theatre setup while we're on that specific point.