Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 hours ago, Eunie said:

This was truly a masterpiece, and I'm glad that I decided to get this game early because it was absolutely worth it!

Same. Xenoblade 3 really is based.

4 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Nothing says Cyberpunk quite like bright vibrant colors and it taking place during the daytime. Almost like fragments of a holographic rose.

It's unfortunate that i was spoiled frame one on this show.

Like i wasn't even looking for it, it just happened.

28 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

R9nab3P.png

this one that replaces swimsuit

Unrelated but you can't mention TMS and censorship in the same sentence without the eternally famous

vagina-bones-meme.jpg?w=293&h=384

• Replies 177.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Unrelated but you can't mention TMS and censorship in the same sentence without the eternally famous

Kek

Tbf, i do think some of the censored stuff does look better, like Kiria's, but most of the replacement outfits are stupid.

The wedding one is ultra stupid.

And honestly this game is ultra niche anyway, who did they want to impress with this bs lol

2 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

And honestly this game is ultra niche anyway, who did they want to impress with this bs lol

This game unfortunately came out in 2016. It was not the only FE affected.

20220923203937-1.jpg

Thank you gayme!😁

Interesting spin on sauna/spa/bathhouse shenanigans.

Zaveid all alone is using his wind magics to discern what the girls are saying (IDK if he can actually see anything), and it's good to know he obeys age limits despite having flirted to Edna before.

Sorey and Mikleo having a conversation on the geographic and causal origins of saunas is supposed to be weird. It is. The academic conversation and them paying not a single word of attention to Perveid is supposed to desexualize an oft-sexualized type of scene in Japanese popular entertainment. For someone presently waiting on a 600-page history of languages from the local library, oh boy the desexing backfired!😍 Their steamy nerdgasm makes me -well it I wouldn't go that far.😝

Within minutes of the above skit, I casually strolled unaware into an optional boss of level 99, 88888 HP, a childlike and cuddly appearance, and an abomination of a stereotypical New York accent. The ill-fitting brogue killed me once and then I got diced to death shortly thereafter.

I entered the final dungeon shortly before leaving and stumbling on the above skit. It seemed like I was mere steps from the final battle. Part of me wants to get it over with, with a willingness to turn the difficulty down to the lowest setting b/c losing and having to retry the final battle kills the immersion factor. Although I also want to quickly go around and do some last-minute event viewing first. If he isn't too strong, I want to kill Edna's big brother. That bringing salvation to Edna's sibling, which IIRC Sorey promised he would do in exchange for her joining the heroes, which is also why Zaveid also made his first appearance when he did, is not a mandatory part of the overarching story is very baffling.

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

That outfit that replaces the swimsuit as a censor is so damn stupid

Actually, I like the replacement outfits for Tsubasa and Eleonora. They've got a cool, kinda tomboyish look to them.

What we should have gotten is both sets of costumes.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FImeWcPVcAcKaF4?format=jpg&name=medium

On SMTV, although I haven't finished it, placing TMS above it is not inconceivable, at all. TMS has characters, SMTV doesn't. TMS has a weak story, SMTV's seems even weaker. TMS has a good set of colorful dungeons, SMTV has a few large realism-bound wastelands devoid of dungeon design. TMS also feels like it has better combat than SMTV, SMT could use more innovation in the Press Turn system it has been running on since Nocturne.

Not to call SMTV bad (but then, what game have I?), I've enjoyed it. But the next SMT better address everything that went wrong with V, and retain and improve upon V's venture into open world-ish design (and Atlus will sure be reusing the HD 3D demon models for years and years to come).

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Sells all my Joy Pendants for Rupees

>You need 20 Joy Pendants to enter the Private Oasis for a Triforce Shard

*sigh* Time to find where i can grind these.

You played WW before and didn't remember this?

-Though TBF, I always had a game guide with this game. So I knew better from the very start.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You played WW before and didn't remember this?

-Though TBF, always had a game guide with this game. So I knew better from the very start.

I don't remember a lot of things from this game tbf. The most i remember about the Triforce hunt is needing to control the seagulls and having to find the Ghost Ship chart.

33 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Ninty gears games for kids! 

C'mon Shrimpy. Xd

BT5Xl7o.png

I may or may not continue an ironman here.

CMZSGsx.png

Look at him, like a lost phantom finding his way home, the sweet boy returns as new spirit rekindled to gather what was once lost.

13zMxcK.pngG3cpzQp.png

Have any of you watched the movie Paths of Glory? It's a movie telling a true story of a French unit in World War 1 that refused to attack a position knowing that they would all die if they did. The unit and the soldiers involved were all trailed for cowardice and were branded as traitors who were executed soon after. It's a cruel story about war that I watched recently and little lines like this remind me of it.

7CsW5xr.png

I'm noticing more oddly paced movement on the units on screen, I wonder what that's about. It's as if it's on fast movement even though it isn't.

KXQMrGZ.png

I like this guy.

OLdT4zJ.png

*sigh* Alright I'll use Amelia.

LYksXKE.png

Hello, my name is Forde, and I just got hit by a sleep spell that had an 18% chance to hit.

aJzMjHI.png

Hello, my name is Amelia, and I just got hit by a sleep spell that had a 29% chance to hit.

hOJBSKx.png0vSZRe0.png

These lines tell me the game wants me to pair Ephraim with Tana.

This is why I will avoid that pairing at all cost.

O0SuKLm.pngXzL14Zp.png

Hey don't blame him! They got a sleep rod on their side.

yi2mBUm.png

Already I'm far more invested in this plot than the beginning of Eirika's route. The dynamic between unwilling soldiers of Grado and Ephraim is very interesting.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Zaveid all alone is using his wind magics to discern what the girls are saying (IDK if he can actually see anything), and it's good to know he obeys age limits despite having flirted to Edna before.

see, i know you would like zaveid. and im sure by now its zaveid >> dezel. that wacky uncle energy is what the party need than gloomy mysterious boy dezel was.

8 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I mean I know Awakening has a few paired endings that aren't great, I'm not sure about Fates or Three Houses though.

owo, thats cute. big boi walhart wants to be pampered by great-great-great.... grandpa Alm and great-great-great... grandma Celica

Oh, TMS censorship talk, huh.

Fun fact, Encore version kept the censorship even in the Japanese version. Not so much for it, surprisingly. Rather, it was cheaper to just base the Encore version off the original English one. Many Japanese pre-orders were cancelled because of it.

24 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I may or may not continue an ironman here.

I forgot, did you had casualties before the split or is everyone still alive at the moment?

24 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

These lines tell me the game wants me to pair Ephraim with Tana.

This is why I will avoid that pairing at all cost.

Haha, and that's a pairing I pretty much always go for for them.

If we're on the subject of shipping, these are the ones I tend to go for when it comes to Magvel:

Spoiler

Eirika x Seth

Franz x Amelia

Gilliam x Scyrene

Vanessa x Innes

Neimi x Colm

Artur x Lute

Natasha x Joshua

Ephraim x Tana

Gerik x Tethys

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I forgot, did you had casualties before the split or is everyone still alive at the moment?

Franz bit the dust early on unfortunately, but I didn't want to play through all of the early game just to pick the other route so I must leave him behind until a future playthrough.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Haha, and that's a pairing I pretty much always go for for them.

If we're on the subject of shipping, these are the ones I tend to go for when it comes to Magvel:

Reveal hidden contents

Eirika x Seth

Franz x Amelia

Gilliam x Scyrene

Vanessa x Innes

Neimi x Colm

Artur x Lute

Natasha x Joshua

Ephraim x Tana

Gerik x Tethys

Interesting, I'll check those out to see what I might go for.

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

Franz bit the dust early on unfortunately, but I didn't want to play through all of the early game just to pick the other route so I must leave him behind until a future playthrough.

Interesting, I'll check those out to see what I might go for.

Oh, I see.

I suppose for completeness sake, these are the rest of the paired endings I aim for in my SS playthroughs:

Spoiler

Garcia and Ross

Kyle and Forde

Saleh and Myrrh

L'Arachel and Dozla

And as a matter of fact, also what I tend to default for my fanfics. Although, I'm not above having elements of other endings coexist. It's the unfortunate thing about the endings, paired or otherwise. Due to the support limits, some things just aren't possible. But well, for fanfiction such limitation doesn't exist. So dammit, if I want to have

Spoiler

Amelia be reunited with her mother while also end up marrying Franz or even someone else

I can just do it, so help me!

1 hour ago, joevar said:

owo, thats cute. big boi walhart wants to be pampered by great-great-great.... grandpa Alm and great-great-great... grandma Celica

There is about 1000 years between Marth and the First Exalt IIRC. And another 1000 years between the First Exalt and the start of Awakening. A generation is usually defined as 30 years.

2000/30 = 66.6. We'll round up and thus realize that Alm and Celica would be great*65 grandparents to Walhart, approximately. Considering just how many branchings that is, it would be very possible Walhart has some Almica DNA in him.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

see, i know you would like zaveid. and im sure by now its zaveid >> dezel. that wacky uncle energy is what the party need than gloomy mysterious boy dezel was.

Sure. Totally.😄

Zaveid got better with time. If he didn't attack the heroes in his first appearance, he wouldn't have made such a negative first impression, even if that assault was understandable in retrospect, and the heroes come to accept his death = salvation (for some, obviously not everyone) logic in time. It's almost as if the game was intentionally trying to frame Zaveid in a negative light until right before he joined. Once he joins, his Casanova behavior is the worst he has, yet the ladies never fall for it and he never traps them or anything, he's a fairly harmless and hopeless buffoon of a romantic. His boundless love isn't that of passioned youth, it is flavored by him being a middle-aged man in a way that makes him feel antiquated, "wacky uncle" is indeed not a bad way to describe it.

Dezel... his first appearance I don't actually remember very well.😅 Again, I didn't completely understand his past because he explained it only once. Dezel was antisocial, he had a few softer moments, yet he remained too strait-laced to truly love. When Dezel walked off the stage, I didn't feel anything for him.

Visually, Dezel has a... fantasy poker player attire? It's cohesive, but ehh... and is a tad flat and narrow. Zaveid is a studmuffin who looks awesome by default, and wears Dezel's hat better than he ever could, it completes a rockin' hot shirtless cowboy getup.

Dezel is restrained on the surface, with what's inside him failing to elicit sympathy or interest. Zaveid is very zesty on the outside, with enough sobriety on the inside to balance his characterization and let you take him seriously as a wise and useful hero. Now, a zany character is not inherently better than a subdued hero, Pascal is a failure of zaniness to cite another Tales character. Nonetheless, Zaveid is a successful exuberant good guy, the rest of the crew isn't flavorless, yet he expresses himself most openly, most loudly, most foolishly, most confidently. He livens things up with a charisma that adds irreplaceable charm to the merry adventure, kept in check by the occasional jab from Edna's parasol.

DfvRxEj.png

Oh no.

zENYUQy.pngsmm33Sz.png

Oh no.

Victory remains in sight but I also have a save state ready for me to save these two. I've allowed myself resets this run if they are convenient so I'll leave the hand of saving certain units purely on if it's simply worth it or not, which is a question I rely on to you fine folks.

Do you think I should go back and save these two? I know Amelia certainly has strong fans.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, TMS censorship talk, huh.

Fun fact, Encore version kept the censorship even in the Japanese version. Not so much for it, surprisingly. Rather, it was cheaper to just base the Encore version off the original English one. Many Japanese pre-orders were cancelled because of it.

nintendo (or IS?) whole situation can be summed up with meme phrase: "the risk i took was calculated, but man, am i bad at math"

a fan-service-heavy game that remove its fanservice. who are they trying to please here?

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

😮 never seen that anime before. thats 90's mecha glory for sure. is it any good?

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Zaveid got better with time. If he didn't attack the heroes in his first appearance, he wouldn't have made such a negative first impression, even if that assault was understandable in retrospect, and the heroes come to accept his death = salvation (for some, obviously not everyone) logic in time. It's almost as if the game was intentionally trying to frame Zaveid in a negative light until right before he joined.

i think i've seen some more character in games or anime where they start as villain/enemy and then become a very interesting ally. but NGL its very hard to pull off. but when it lands, it will stick like a FlexTape(tm) covering a crack/hole (feel free to not laugh at the joke)

3 minutes ago, joevar said:

😮 never seen that anime before. thats 90's mecha glory for sure. is it any good?

I've not seen much of it itself, admittedly. I know it, like almost everything mecha, thanks to Super Robot Wars. But I would consider the story to be good. It was made by Tomino, and it falls on the lighter side of his spectrum, so...

That said, if you intend to watch it, don't get fooled by the Opening sequence. Just... don't. lol

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I've not seen much of it itself, admittedly. I know it, like almost everything mecha, thanks to Super Robot Wars. But I would consider the story to be good. It was made by Tomino, and it falls on the lighter side of his spectrum, so...

That said, if you intend to watch it, don't get fooled by the Opening sequence. Just... don't. lol

a fellow SRW enjoyer, i see 👌

wheres our next SRW banpresto !? dont tell me now its getting longer between release due to them wanting to sort out Copyrights for western countries.

gone are the days where i can brag about living in SEA to SRW fans because no copyright problem will disturb Bamco by releasing their game here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

if the story is good i might watch it. but that sentence about opening sequence concern me..

Just now, joevar said:

a fellow SRW enjoyer, i see 👌

wheres our next SRW banpresto !? dont tell me now its getting longer between release due to them wanting to sort out Copyrights for western countries.

gone are the days where i can brag about living in SEA to SRW fans because no copyright problem will disturb Bamco by releasing their game here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

if the story is good i might watch it. but that sentence about opening sequence concern me..

Oh, you too? Nice!

I am surprised we've yet to get news by now. It's certainly now that 2022 would be another year without a mainline game, since DD still going otherwise. Honestly, I would be willing to accept this delay if it means we are getting the games worldwide now. We spent too long without the series coming over barring the few OG games we got... too long...

Wha-wha-what!? You! That means you likely bought V and X on Steam, have you!? I'm soooooo jealous.

---

Ahahaha. I mean, the opening sequence has pretty much nothing to do with the anime itself. As in, nothing you see there actually happens in the anime itself. In fact, why the opening is such if so is... still something of a riddle of the ages I think. Unless there has been a statement about it. So yeah. But like I said, the anime itself is nothing like that.

I am surprised we've yet to get news by now. It's certainly now that 2022 would be another year without a mainline game, since DD still going otherwise. Honestly, I would be willing to accept this delay if it means we are getting the games worldwide now. We spent too long without the series coming over barring the few OG games we got... too long...

in the time theres no new SRW, Macross copyright problem solved,  Fafner in Azure finally finished-finish, Evangelion movie completed, Code geass got new movie with some upgrade, and some other obscure mecha shows i dont know. i hope they pick some of those in next game.

As in, nothing you see there actually happens in the anime itself

that gives me de javu. feels like bamboozling audience was a thing in 80's and 90's huh.

Wha-wha-what!? You! That means you likely bought V and X on Steam, have you!? I'm soooooo jealous.

22ad0d028d9fb685120f30f41a9f84fc.jpg

actually not X... im holding off from playing it at first, then i completely forgot about it until you mentioned it. thanks for reminding me, i guess?

ultimately its personal reference but i like V's OG mecha, theme song, and line-up more than X hence i played V first. its also the first time in the series afaik where Final Boss has unique, voiced, dialogue lines for every protagonist. ultimate fanservice and peak cheesiness really

Spoiler

final boss: Shinji Ikari why are you not depressed?!

Shinji: nah dude... i got so many friends here that their optimism rubs me so hard

Edited by joevar