Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This actually makes more sense than where they're recruited in Eirika's route. They encounter Eirika in Port Kiris, head the complete opposite way and find themselves in Grado. In Eirika's route they just sort of teleport ahead of Eirika even though they, again, headed the complete opposite way.

Eirika's route has Hamil Canyon though, that too was an excellent integration of L'arachel. Assuming the battle happened on Ephraim's route... who came to save the day? It couldn't be Rausten. -But then the boss kill option that sends Grado into retreat exists, maybe Innes did a commander headshot or Saleh cremated Aias's head off.

3 hours ago, joevar said:

im really interested OG series where Masaki and Shu exist, but reading the plotline always gives me headache

With only like 2~4 bad guy groups per game, OG should be easier to follow than mainline SRW, not harder.

Masaki and Shu would be tricky to follow though, since 2nd OG and Dark Prison are PS3 games, and hence unlikely to be translated for decades to come due to presumed difficulty of emulation. You'd have to settle for the Classicverse for now, although that is pretty antiquated, and hence I stopped after the first half of SRW Gaiden, the youngest not-F & F Final Classicverse title. The later three Masoukishin titles will likely take forever to translate too.

Right now, the best chronological translated path available for Masaki and Shu would be:

1. Possible start with SRW Gaiden, the first half. This is not strictly necessary whatsoever, SRW Gaiden didn't exist long after SRW2 after all, Masa's story was made in media res.
  2. Regardless of whether or not one played SRW Gaiden, they would want to follow up with OG1, Ryusei's route to be precise.
  3. After OG1, then either: 
    1. OG2, followed by Alpha Gaiden on its true ending. If we only we had OG Gaiden translated, that would work instead of Alpha Gaiden.
    2. Or, SRW3.
  4. Then you'd have to head over SRWEX in the absence of 2nd OG and Dark Prison.
  5. Then it's... SRW Gaiden's second half? Does this happen before SRW4, and before Masaki and Lune return from their temporary departure in 2nd OG? This is where I begin losing track of the chronology.

...And that'd be where it ends. For now. SRW4 from what I heard some months ago might be the next game fans finish translating. That would bring the Classicverse version of their tale to an end. OGverse would still have LoE 2-F to get through, plus MD and whatever 3rd does with them.

3 hours ago, joevar said:

harblu.jpg.20447049f6c8644b270c43d1ff7c36de.jpg

huh.. why is her hair remind me of someone...

That "someone" you're being reminded of better shout Dead Endo Shootoh/Slash! If they don't during crits/skill procs, then they are inherently a failure.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

WSLu4iT.pngW4mioBv.png

Uh...

Think I'll do this chapter later.

One good piece of advice I once heard for this chapter- don't use every deployment slot you've got if you care about deaths. Benching a couple of your squishes might make it less frustrating, this map isn't great for leaving them in secure locations.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 177.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

The hack with Moulder and Syrene as the real protags.

I didn't pick characters at random. They're all there for one reason or another. Even if it may seem I just threw them in there based on how much I like them lol

Hey! That looks awesome!

Thanks!

I'd watch an anime about them.

It wouldn't be an anime.

Because it would be good.

Tb49unL.png

Alright, fine. lets see how Knight Amelia prefo-

MLHsOHF.png

PFFFT!

Welcome to the beautiful world of knight Amelia.

43 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

WSLu4iT.pngW4mioBv.png

Uh...

Think I'll do this chapter later.

Phantomship.txt

41 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Garoneye with its first victims.

> Turns into an eyeball

> Flies to another continent

> Murders a child and a man with a hat

> Refuses to elaborate

Garon/10

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

omolrWM.png

"Rocks are like seeds..."

I love it.

He's totally gonna send her on a suicide mission now. Because Garon supports domestic abuse, but only the needlessly convoluted type.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Eirika's route has Hamil Canyon though, that too was an excellent integration of L'arachel. Assuming the battle happened on Ephraim's route... who came to save the day? It couldn't be Rausten. -But then the boss kill option that sends Grado into retreat exists, maybe Innes did a commander headshot or Saleh cremated Aias's head off.

...You know, I had not stopped to think about that. L'Arachel is with Ephraim in my hack. Who's going to save the day now?

......Eh, I may have a silly idea. We'll see.

Alicia's levels are being pretty trash.

Was she projecting on Maruj after all?

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Since they are actually ranged staffs, the visibility is not centered on the caster.

Shame only BS and SS have done that, all the others that have torch centre it on the healer.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I didn't pick characters at random. They're all there for one reason or another. Even if it may seem I just threw them in there based on how much I like them lol

Wait, you're making larger story edits?

https://media.tenor.co/images/735ec1041bf6bab81967c9e7334fd52d/tenor.gif

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Due to the pseudo-schrödringer nature of the routes, I can assume that between Eirika having an actual cadre of soldiers and it being implied that Innes fared better off in Ephraim's route, that they had the actual numbers to withstand Aias (and Pablo) and troops with actual numbers. So no need for Rausten Knights to save the day.

While pondering on whether or not to unlock super trainees, or, really, do anything with them, I discovered that there is a patch that allows the implementation of more trainees. How convenient. I had a janky-ass semi-trainee system in place for the monster, with their own exclusive promo items, but now I can give them proper automatic promotions. Awesome. This community does some serious magic.

...Still not sure about the super trainees, though. Ewan's is... mildly interesting, but the other two are just worse halberdier / berserker, respectively. I'll see if I can come up with something, or find a way to remove the option.

30 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Alicia's levels are being pretty trash.

Was she projecting on Maruj after all?

Of course. Maruj best boy. Screw Alicia.

30 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Wait, you're making larger story edits?

https://media.tenor.co/images/735ec1041bf6bab81967c9e7334fd52d/tenor.gif

I thought I'd made that clear before. Yes, I'm making some rather heavy story edits. At this point it's pretty much fanfic in hack form. Not in a "I'm fixing this garbage" way, far from it, more in a "okay so what if instead of this thing, I make this OTHER thing happen at this point of the story" way. With a crapton of OCs thrown in for good measure. It's a fun time, writing all this.

>Send Xeno into the arena

>Powerful dark bishop

>He 1-shot crits

Xeno has been good in this run.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Still not sure about the super trainees, though. Ewan's is... mildly interesting, but the other two are just worse halberdier / berserker, respectively. I'll see if I can come up with something, or find a way to remove the option.

Personally I've never held much of an interest in going for Super Trainees myself, not even Ewan because no staves.

Don't have ideas for you at the moment either.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I thought I'd made that clear before.

I did not see this before.

My curiosity stands.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, finally the weekend, finally have the time to begin Agarest anew.

I'd perhaps recommend it... but I still quite remember it'd probably be too "anime" for some here, hahahaha.

This is Generations of War is it?

What's the gameplay for it?

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

I can imagine.

So the final boss was a bit long, but overall the game was good. It took me 88 hours to finish, I spend too much time on these games.

Spoiler

The ending was nice, everyone got a good cry in, though I expected a scene with Ouroboros to contextualize how exactly this game fit into their plans. Maybe Vita would meet with the other Anguis to mysteriously discuss things, or Crow would wake up in a mysterious location and Vita would say something like "The Grandmaster has kindly offered you an invitation to our gathering of souls, Enforcer... No. XVIII." At the very least, the Vermillion Apocalypse is probably related to the Sept-Terrion of fire in some way. Maybe that's what the NG+ quest is for...

Now I have time to do... something. I'll try playing Pikmin 3 Deluxe on the hardest difficulty and see how that goes.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

P4cZYu6.jpg

At least now we know what Claiomh Solais's power source is.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2022-09-24-14-15-44-40_572064

Violet has the hoverbike dragon though, Scarlet just has the motorcycle lizard that doesn't even use its wheels.

ScarVi let you explore the region in multiplayer, so you should be able to all play together unless it's local only.

1 minute ago, Punished Dayni said:

This is Generations of War is it?

What's the gameplay for it?

I think I mentioned this a few days ago... but just about like SoV.

Though the battles themselves might feel more Trails than Fire Emblem in it being an RPG on a grid than an actual SRPG.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Halberdier doesn't exist in SS though.

For Journeyman... Maybe make it Martyman? Revise it to provide a large Def promotion bonus and raise the cap to 29. Lower the Str cap to like 23 to compensate and remove the Crit bonus, drop the Spd cap to match. Add a real nice promotion Res boost as well for overall durability. Add something of a Con bonus too since otherwise Ross gets none staying a Journeyman. There, concrete tanky infantry mono-axe that doesn't try to be a knockoff Berserker. Maybe negate the movement penalty in forests as a fairly useless flourish. -I tried.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

Did you notice just how good Torch staffs are? Since they are actually ranged staffs, the visibility is not centered on the caster.

That way it's possible to keep the area outside of the ship well lit, so that fliers won't be able to sneak up at you.

By the time I remembered that I had that I needed Moulder to heal like six people.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

One good piece of advice I once heard for this chapter- don't use every deployment slot you've got if you care about deaths. Benching a couple of your squishes might make it less frustrating, this map isn't great for leaving them in secure locations.

B-b-but  ˜”*°•.˜”*°• E x p e r i e n c e •°*”˜.•°*”˜

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It wouldn't be an anime.

Because it would be good.

The hell is this then?

Kiki's Delivery Service Movie English Subbed - Animes Movies

Personally I've never held much of an interest in going for Super Trainees myself, not even Ewan because no staves.

Don't have ideas for you at the moment either.

They just aren't all that interesting. The concept is funny, but the end result is just... bleh. Knight Amelia is funnier, somehow.

I did not see this before.

My curiosity stands.

Well, I ain't saying nothing. I mean, to be fair, the sky's the limit when it comes to giving Fado more than he got in the original, but...

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Halberdier doesn't exist in SS though.

It does in the hack haha.

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For Journeyman... Maybe make it Martyman? Revise it to provide a large Def promotion bonus and raise the cap to 29. Lower the Str cap to like 23 to compensate and remove the Crit bonus, drop the Spd cap to match. Add a real nice promotion Res boost as well for overall durability. Add something of a Con bonus too since otherwise Ross gets none staying a Journeyman. There, concrete tanky infantry mono-axe that doesn't try to be a knockoff Berserker. Maybe negate the movement penalty in forests as a fairly useless flourish. -I tried.

That's not too bad. I do dig the idea of making them a sort of "challenge" promo tree where the tier 1 trainee still sucks balls but then they gain a massive boost for tier 2. Just a little something for the insane. General Amelia would still be better though.

19 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

The hell is this then?

Kiki's Delivery Service Movie English Subbed - Animes Movies

It's not anime. Her eyes aren't impossibly big and I can't see her panties or her boobs, therefore it's not anime.

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's not anime. Her eyes aren't impossibly big and I can't see her panties or her boobs, therefore it's not anime.

But Rubenio it’s still technically anime. This film is also anime as well: