Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Review The Banner Saga | Reviews | TechTudo

Oh you actually supported my suggestion! That's awesome.

You know what, then?

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition on Steam

I support yours. Get Dragon Age, Cosmo! It's a bit janky, but quite good, and... Actually, come to think about it, these both have something in common, they give you choices and they matter.

Been on a serious B. Saga craze lately, actually. Not as much playing it - though I've been tackling survival mode at last - but I've been drawing characters like crazy at work. Oughta share next monday. I'm kinda proud of my Ekkill.

I'm feeling as much pain as you, Ruben

That's the PoR experience for ya

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Yo it's your birthday?

Happy Birthday then, Cosmo of the fairly lights!

Have a nice one 😄

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, it is? Happy Birthday!

Get SRW 30... *shot*

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

That's a way to sneak in a birthday announcement, happy birthday!

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't believe I missed the birthday thing in my rush to shill games.

I am a horrible person.

@lightcosmo A most happy date of birth to you!

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Happy birdday @lightcosmo!

Giant_Haasts_eagle_attacking_New_Zealand_moa.jpg

1 hour ago, Green06 said:

Happy Birthday!

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Happy birthday!🎂🎉

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yo Happy birthday.

You should get CrossCode.

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes! I don't know how any of you feel, but having you all wish for me reminds me of how close we can be!

I am truly blessed to know every one of you! ❤️

Do ya think this version would be fast-paced, hardcore, and overall suitable enough for a Ys boss battle?

I think the first one could work for a story boss or osmething, but not the usual boss, ya know?

Also could work as an early dungeon/Area theme (compare to sunshine Coastline from Ys 8, for example, gives me a similar vibes but a bit more "Danger" feeling)

Is it Koshiro? Feels kinda like him xD

And would this work for maybe a dungeon, Shrimpy? Can't see it fitting a Ys boss

Yup Ancient ruin or something.

2010s is also when Katy Perry condemned the entire music industry to damnation in the eternal abyss for at least half a century.

And i used to like her before whatever happened to the music industry happened.

Same with Taylor Swift, same with *insert x musician here*

1 hour ago, Green06 said:

Pokespe

PokeSpe the Goat

The first Manga volume i ever bought was actually a PokeSpe volume.

Rip and tear the Moblins

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You? Well, you aren't as quick on the uptake as some of us, so it's not quite as easy a guess, but uhhhhhhhh Xenoblade?

Close enough, you wouldn't even need to play them in release order either.

Lightcosmo played Xenoblade already so I would've probably recommended Viva Piñata or Pikmin instead (if they were on Steam), but you can still get a cookie.

Chocolate_chip_cookies.jpg

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Lightcosmo played Xenoblade already so I would've probably recommended Viva Piñata or Pikmin instead (if they were on Steam), but you can still get a cookie.

Hey now, im always up for more Xeno!

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I recommend getting Banner Saga as well.

Ludin fan club assemble

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Egghill*

Ahahahahah! Oh man I can't believe I had almost forgotten. Thanks for reminding me. Add that to the list of meme drawings I gotta do. Egg on a hill, Garon doing a cookout...

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Seems to be popular haha

Well, it is a pretty sweet trilogy. Beautiful art, a REALLY good story, lots of choices that matter, a cool world inspired by norse mythology, unique and in my opinion fun combat system, immersive soundtrack... All three of us who played it here enjoyed it, as you can see. Been trying to make Shrimpy play it for ages, because of... reasons, but alas.

...I do always recommend it on sale tho. They feel less like three games and more like three parts of one bigger game. But since they were released years apart, the pricing does not reflect this, sadly.

But hey, winter sale should begin what, next week? Eh? Eh?

Close enough, you wouldn't even need to play them in release order either.

Lightcosmo played Xenoblade already so I would've probably recommended Viva Piñata or Pikmin instead (if they were on Steam)

You know... no, if anything it's a bad guess. The fact that everyone here and their mom has already played Xeno should've made me dismiss Xeno as the guess. I do not deserve cookies.

, but you can still get a cookie.

Chocolate_chip_cookies.jpg

I will take them, though.

Mmmmm cookies.

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes! I don't know how any of you feel, but having you all wish for me reminds me of how close we can be!

I am truly blessed to know every one of you! ❤️

Didn't realise I deserved that much credit. 😛

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Rip and tear the Moblins

I wonder how bombs are handled, didn't look like they could be thrown, which is accurate to the original in fairness.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Absolute power absolutely corrupts" Armagon!

I simply wouldn't let it corrupt me.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And lmao at the meeting of fan-tasy and developer mistakes. I getcha how that could leave you embittered. Maybe if I you weren't an Internet Friend of mine, I'd deem you petty in your complaint and tell you to get over it -maybe (the Bayo fans complaining about Bayo3 sinking BayoxJeanne don't seem entirely unjustified from a distance)- but since you are what you are to me, I getcha!😉

Haha. I've since moved on from it but it's like the primary reason I distanced myself from Pokemon after that. Like when Let's GO didn't have a National Dex, I just assumed that was part of that particular game and assumed Gen 8 would have it....but nope.

I mentioned it in my review but Dexit did make me enjoy Violet a little less. While I still named my character after myself, as I've always done, it wasn't me anymore. It was simply somebody else. "Some new man goes sauntering away.....and I'm dead".

3 hours ago, Green06 said:

Yes, but they invented a new form for Greninja whereas in Infernape's case they just took a mechanic from the games and wrote the arc around it.

As the anime is not bound by the rules of the game, I think it's neat when the anime does anime-only things. Like Thunder Armor for instance.

At any rate, Infernape and Greninja served through different purposes. Infernape was more about proving himself, that he wasn't the worthless Chimchar Paul thought he was. Greninja bonded with Ash, allowing both of them to reflect on a deeper level (well deeper for Pokemon anyways). Infernape beat Paul, that was enough. But Greninja and everything else surrounding Ash in Kalos was absolutely setting him up to win the League. But no, Charizard, we have to jack off to Charizard, isn't Charizard so cool guys?

3 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

SERIOUSLY, WHAT DID THAT PART OF THE ANIME DO TO PEOPLE?

Remember when Zekrom showed up in the beginning and then never again? For fucks sake, even Ho-Oh returned, making a proper appearance after the latest episode of Journeys.

33 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Mario Kart Blue Shells only is...something xD

True chaos. It's a race to not be first.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait... Hold on, is that there on the right who I think it is...?

BoRx5el.jpg

I can't believe they turned my man Herbie Hancock into a Spiderman villain.

Though one could argue that Chameleon already made him one many years ago

Just now, lightcosmo said:

I assume you dislike Charizard? Xd

I like Charizard. I dislike how much Game Freak and TPC keeps jacking off to it. It is the pinnacle of Kanto pandering.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I like Charizard. I dislike how much Game Freak and TPC keeps jacking off to it. It is the pinnacle of Kanto pandering.

They funny part is out of the 3 kanto starters (not counting Pikachu) Charizard is the worst of the 3.

They tried to make him the best but failed.

1 minute ago, Imperator Squilla said:

And then you get MegaZard X

I just thought it was funny that they failed to properly overpower Charizard. 

Poor typing + Fire doesnt resist Ice so Blizzard ends it quickly.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I just thought it was funny that they failed to properly overpower Charizard. 

Poor typing + Fire doesnt resist Ice so Blizzard ends it quickly.

Second part's redundant. Fire resists Ice but Flying doesn't. That's not the issue, the issue is Rock kills Charizard immediately. Only way Charizar doesn't get Stone Edge'd to death is if you Terastilize into something else.

But let's compare real quick:

• Venusaur: Grass/Poison, weak to Ice, Psychic, Flying, Fire
  • Charizard: Fire/Flying, weak to Rock, Water, Electric, weak to Ground but only if you Smack Down (which is Rock anyways).
  • Blastoise: Water, weak to Electric, Grass (and Freeze Dry is the one Ice-Type move that is super effective but that's situational).

Venusaur is actually the one with the most weaknesses, strictly speaking, but it does get the neat effect of being immune to Toxic. Charizard's typing ensures it doesn't resist moves it's prevos did but it also nullifies it's Ground weakness. Blastoise is pretty standard.

IEUvjA1.png

Words spoken seconds before piracy.

FHF7FRe.pngcw2AxbI.png

Well it's either that or we all die under a brutal Daein regime so we can worry about whether or not the Princess gets power over her land later.

fhAmuoU.pngOtoMpvH.png

What's your least favorite FE archetype? Mine is the aggressively snobby straight girl with a hyper-fixation on what their male lead society deems "womanly" and has frequent lectures with the other female members of the team on how to be more "womanly" They annoy just as much in FE as they do in real life.

FE3H | Hilda - Class, Ability & Skill | Fire Emblem Three Houses - GameWithSevera/Gallery | Fire emblem fates, Selena fire emblem, Fire emblemCasting Call Club : Let's Dub: Fire Emblem: Serra

...And they always seem to have pigtails.

pi7Emv8.png

It isn't uncommon for those with publicly perceived "low-class" accents to fake a more "proper" accent when applying for more professional jobs, it's a regional accent discrimination that's prominent in all countries.

utZlWfM.png

This however is the worst way to solve that issue.

yzuXLGQ.png

A people caring about their leader that doesn't care about them so much, lamenting that if he'd been there things would've turned alright for them as if it wasn't his choice is both funny and depressingly accurate.

OzkksZw.pngRjZ0SWM.png

And yeah, I can totally believe why the Daeinians would believe in the King for giving opportunities to individuals as has happened in real life, but still it's a shame that no one or a least a vocal minority that no one heard suggested that the King was still at fault for allowing the opportunity of individuals to rise up while the masses are left behind to rot in their class segregated society.

aQNA3Jy.png

Capture was such a slept on mechanic in Fates and there should've been more  unique bosses to capture in the main story beside the bosses in paralogues.  So this is a theorycraft

XD5KJ1M.png

Ike hates Fire Emblem confirmed.

gSgOuyn.png

I knew he was one of those "Matter of perspective" Nazi's on twitter.

viv8ga4.png

Bat dung is a great swear.

2HGJKf6.png

Alright this whole scenario made me laugh out loud.

4dZGnvm.png

What a powerful staff that Rhys will never be able to use because my team just dodges every attack that's thrown at them effectively making Rhys heal like 2 people per chapter.

u7rcas8.png

Alright so I was gonna do a joke where I took the actual Ancient Heron Language script and write "Teehee" in it as the sole reply to this image, but after downloading the font I realized that Windows just doesn't let you write in other fonts, you can download as many as you wish but actually using them? Only when writing in a text document and even that will turn to normal one copied and pasted elsewhere, unless of course I'm missing something which could be very possible.

Either way, you have been robbed of a very mediocre joke that I spent 30 minutes on before giving up.

ncK035D.png

Deadpool 3' Will Be Directed by 'Free Guy' Filmmaker Shawn Levy

5 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

SERIOUSLY, WHAT DID THAT PART OF THE ANIME DO TO PEOPLE?

Soft reboot

They wanted new fans to jump in

That explains some of the ORAS talk before.

ORAS talk? When?

If I had an idea of how many other volumes I could find, I could consider getting them

https://jb2448.info/

53 volumes

4 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

PokeSpe the Goat

The first Manga volume i ever bought was actually a PokeSpe volume.

Ever got around to the BW chapter?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAgToPZWQAIzMS_?format=png&name=900x900

But no, Charizard, we have to jack off to Charizard, isn't Charizard so cool guys?

Keep calm and BLAST BURN

Remember when Zekrom showed up in the beginning and then never again? For fucks sake, even Ho-Oh returned, making a proper appearance after the latest episode of Journeys.

But you see, they needed a reason for Ash's Pikachu job to Trip's Snivy, even though he beat a fucking Latios in the previous chapters

They just be picking anybody now.

Let's hope we get at least something like this

Morbius Milo GIF - Morbius Milo Have Sex - Discover & Share GIFs

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Second part's redundant. Fire resists Ice but Flying doesn't. That's not the issue, the issue is Rock kills Charizard immediately. Only way Charizar doesn't get Stone Edge'd to death is if you Terastilize into something else.

But let's compare real quick:

• Venusaur: Grass/Poison, weak to Ice, Psychic, Flying, Fire
  • Charizard: Fire/Flying, weak to Rock, Water, Electric, weak to Ground but only if you Smack Down (which is Rock anyways).
  • Blastoise: Water, weak to Electric, Grass (and Freeze Dry is the one Ice-Type move that is super effective but that's situational).

Venusaur is actually the one with the most weaknesses, strictly speaking, but it does get the neat effect of being immune to Toxic. Charizard's typing ensures it doesn't resist moves it's prevos did but it also nullifies it's Ground weakness. Blastoise is pretty standard.

Mega Venusaur also gets Thick Fat.

Let's keep going:

Meganium: Grass, weak to Fire, Ice, Flying, Big and Poison because pure Grass Types are the most oppressed Pokemon on the planet.

Typhlosion: Fire, weak to Water, Ground, Rock

Feraligatr: Water, weak to Electric and Grass

Sceptile: Refer to Meganium

Blaziken: Fire/Fighting, weak to Water, Flying, Psychic, Fairy, and Ground. Fire/Fighting is an oppressed combo.

Swampert: Water/Ground (GOATED combo ngl), weak to Grass and that's it. It does lose the Ice resistance tho.

Torterra: Grass/Ground, weak to Fire, Ice, Bug and Poison

Infernape: refer to Blaziken

Empoleon: Water/Steel, weak to Fighting, Electric, Ground

Serperior: refer to Meganium

Emboar: refer to Blaziken

Samurott: refer to Feraligatr

Chesnaught: Grass/Fighting, weak to Fire, Flying, Fairy, Psychic, Ice

Delphox: Fire/Psychic, weak to Water, Dark, Ghost, Ground, Rock. Like Fire/Fighting types, it is oppressed.

Greninja: Water/Dark, weak to Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Grass. It is one of the more oppressed Water Starters.

Decidueye: Grass/Ghost, weak to Fire, Bug, Ice, Flying, Dark, Ghost. Most oppressed type combo.

Incineroar: Fire/Dark, weak to Water, Ground, Rock, Fighting

Primorina: Water/Fairy, weak to Electric, Poison, Grass

Gen 8 Starters: refer to Gen 2.

Meowscarada: Grass/Dark, weak to Fire, Flying, Ice, Fairy, Poison, Fighting, Grass Starters keep taking Ls man.

Skeledirge: Fire/Ghost, weak to Water, Ground, Rock, Dark, Ghost

Quaquaval: Water/Fighting, weak to Grass, Flying, Fairy, Psychic, Electric, making it the most oppressed Water Starter.

Obviously this is just Types themselves and not any potential moves they can learn. But objectively speaking, Grass Starters get super oppressed, followed by Fire Starters and then there's Water Starters, which over the course of the series history, has had it overall pretty good.

29 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

What's your least favorite FE archetype? Mine is the aggressively snobby straight girl with a hyper-fixation on what their male lead society deems "womanly" and has frequent lectures with the other female members of the team on how to be more "womanly" They annoy just as much in FE as they do in real life.

FE3H | Hilda - Class, Ability & Skill | Fire Emblem Three Houses - GameWithSevera/Gallery | Fire emblem fates, Selena fire emblem, Fire emblemCasting Call Club : Let's Dub: Fire Emblem: Serra

One of these is not like the others because Severa/Selena is absolutely not what you just described. 

25 minutes ago, Green06 said:

But you see, they needed a reason for Ash's Pikachu job to Trip's Snivy, even though he beat a fucking Latios in the previous chapters

They did Unova so fucking dirty in the anime man.

Edited by Armagon