• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Screen-Shot-2022-12-17-at-1-28-46-PM.png

🤩

Was watching a news program, this lady (police officer by day, don't accuse her of not having a life (feel free to say that of me tho'!)) and her basement collection (this corner isn't 1/10th of it it looked like) kicked off a 12 min segment on the retro gaming market.

Wall-to-wall games is 👌 to me. You can't get this feeling with digital.

39 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

I saw Ash come and go

For he was Ash and she was Ash and they became Ash and they were always Ash. For from Ash we come and to Ash we return!⚱️

This doesn't work in Japanese obviously. Who even picked the localized names back in the day?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This doesn't work in Japanese obviously. Who even picked the localized names back in the day?

Red_and_Blue_Intro_3.png

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe?

Now imagine if he was Jack Ketchum...

You know thing that strikes me about the Leskinen clips?

The subtitles keep insisting he's mispronouncing Okarin's name as "Lintahlo", but... his voice actor is Japanese, so he cannot pronounce Lintahlo and ends up correctly pronouncing Rintaro, just with a slight slur.

10/10 maybe I should play this game after all, Shrimpy was always going on and on about those two losers Mayuri and Daru and neglected to mention this obvious Ruben favorite material smh

Alright, preventing Faye's Cutlass from turning into a broken weapon upon destruction worked. Not it's just gone once it reaches the end of it's life.
Considering it's too shoddy to ever repair it, it always annoyed me having it taking up space after it breaks.

Wanted to do this with the Perseid too. But considering there is an event where it gets automatically repaired to full, I figured it might cause issues if it gets removed.
Instead I lowered it's durability and gave it the auto-repair effect to compensate. So even if it breaks, it's gonna have at least some use the next chapter.

Edited by BrightBow

On that subject, I actually once got my brother to try FE games years ago. His interest didn't last, but he did at least tried. Played a bit of PoR, BS, and SS, was all he did.

He does like strategy games, but more the Real Time kind. He is an avid Age of Empires player, after all.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

You will enjoy Leskinen

...hoo boy.

3 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

My brother is liking Sparks of Hope

And he hates Strategy games

Good sign

Not bad! Tell him to use Loogi.

3 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

You think i didn't try already xD

Oh, so that's why he hates them already?

Tell him to try SRW games next, then.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, so that's why he hates them already?

nah he just generally doesn't vibe with strategy and tactics games in general

...maybe because when we were kids i tried to get him into RTS (because i was really into them) and it backfired hard XD

As for why he gave Sparks of Hope a try? "Mario games usually give genres a spin to make em fun"

Well, can't say I've had that happen to me. Like, losing interest over time is the worst outcome I've had with suggesting games to my brother. Even to this day he still plays Runescape, which I introduced to my brother (and my father, though he only plays occasionally nowadays) back in 2005 or so.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

As for why he gave Sparks of Hope a try? "Mario games usually give genres a spin to make em fun"

I like how this was the logic, even though this is as far from a Mario game as you could get while still having Mario in it lol. Actually, Mario being in it is about as far as the Mario connection goes. Ninty didn't even make friggin thing.

Of course, it all works out because Ubisoft Milan are badasses, but sill.