• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Lvl+, Lancereaver, Miracle when more than 30% HP, AOE

Right, thanks... Ehh. Yeah I think I like this better than Leif.

Damn. After all these years, Leif weakest lord is finally no longer a misconception.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right... Ehh. Yeah I think i like this better than Leif.

Damn. After all these years, Leif weakest lord is finally no longer a misconception.

I honestly think Leif would be very OP with the WTA thing.

No break = Very Easy to create EP monster. On a tanky unit and with maybe vantage, and watch him be Enjej's Seth.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

No break = Very Easy to create EP monster. On a tanky unit and with maybe vantage, and watch him be Enjej's Seth.

So that's why they keep showing the Vandad pose. It's a hint that you can make him Seth with Leif!

Cool. OP in the least fun and interesting way possible. Leif got done so dirty... Ah well, can't know for sure till we play around with it ourselves.

35 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Doesn't alot of this hinge on the game's difficulty and design? XD

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So that's why they keep showing the Vandad pose. It's a hint that you can make him Seth with Leif!

Cool. OP in the least fun and interesting way possible. Leif got done so dirty... Ah well, can't know for sure till we play around with it ourselves.

Quite...interesting? Annoying? How they went with Master Knight/FE4 Leify boy over FE5 Leif

31 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Doesn't alot of this hinge on the game's difficulty and design? XD

true

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Quite...interesting? Annoying? How they went with Master Knight/FE4 Leify boy over FE5 Leif

The shame it less that they used MK stuff as that they didn't bring as much from Thracia.

I don't think capture should have been locked to Leif if Engage was going to allow capturing generics, but maybe if they did something similar to Thracia capture and you'd be able to take weapons from opponents during a map only for that map? That way you could see someone has, say, a longbow that the unit could steal with Leif early on and use it to shoot at foes behind a defensive formation (which if they were adjacent to backup units they'd get their attacks to contribute damage too), or it could be an effective weapon you didn't have many of and could thus use more freely (say you were on a map full of cavalry so you needed a horseslayer and there was one in an early formation).

Limit it by changing the weapon each time you use the capture. That way you have a choice to make on longer maps if reinforcements or some later enemies mean your hammer you stole isn't worth using in the latter half.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally, this is a couple days old already, but

oswouga4wp6a1.png

Heyyyy why is Veyle grouped together with the villains haha?

Maybe she's from the same place as them.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also join the Xenobros already

I didn't recommend Xenoblade specifically because Sooks doesn't really like RPGs that aren't Omori or Octopath.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

honestly think Leif would be very OP with the WTA thing.

Emblem Leif finally let's you do the thing FE4 enemies got to do for free.

lmao! (FF7 Crisis Core Reunion)

Square should have seen this coming after changing something that was amazing:

523af907ab84c8684e420b078c88c2b1.png

074871cc05318de04c8852b87b02503c.png

6d243b4fd75f5c5c2d91e877b43ddf2e.png

7f8aceeeed61fe1d297371e20c49795d.png

There are SO MANY comments that complain about wanting Zack's (The MC of the game) VA to be changed back that anyone would accept reused voice lines. Too bad SE, you chose wrong replacing his VA. XD

I haven't gotten the chance to play yet (i plan to ofc as i loved CC on the PSP, a big part was alot of the VA work haha)

so it'll be interesting to see how i feel after hearing something that is apparantly "that bad".

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Heyyyy why is Veyle grouped together with the villains haha?

Maybe she's from the same place as them.

Gee, I can't imagine why...

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Heheh, true indeed. It is a nice taste of fresh air though. Often times when I tell people that I have ADHD they undermine it quite a bit. A lot of that is thanks to just how the illness is named, many people don't think ADHD to be as serious as it actually is.

I get the impression that the larger populace might have the impression that ADHD is "over-diagnosed" or outright "fake". A bs excuse someone gives when they're slacking off or wants undeserved pity, or perhaps asking a doc for a prescription of Adderall for a performance boost.

I'm not sure to what extent it has sunk into the general consciousness, but on my own end, I think there might be a relatively new perception in the US that autism is linked with mass shooters. Again, not really sure of it, as I haven't done any searches into that. 

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Everything about Leif is incomprehensible. They based him on the game where he is a secondary even though he's only here because he was the protagonist in a different game - never mind the fact that Thracia had so many mechanics they could've adapted into emblem abilities.

Plus, everything he has just feels so... Uninspired. Less damage when WTA, automatic WTA, big attack with lots of weapons, a crit axe... It's all such minor, underpowered stuff compared to every other Emblem.

He feels like a complete afterthought. By far the worst Emblem so far, and I doubt he'll be beaten. Only good thing about him is Vandad t-posing lol

It's Thracia 776, that weird old game whose original release was very limited, whose mechanics and maps have jagged edges, and whose unofficial English translation was long a mess. It's almost befitting it'd be that way. If 4Remake be true, it wouldn't surprise me if they haven't given three thoughts as to what should naturally follow- 5Remake (perhaps after 1-2 new titles for spacing ofc).

As for Leif himself, 4 Leif Clover is a strong unit. But narratively, in Thracia 776 he is one of the most failed lords in FE. And as a unit in T776, his bases leave a lot to be desired, Leif basically relies on two early stat boosters + his Light Brand for his one moment of greatness, after which he needs Scrolls to be statistically strong, which isn't so amazing in Thracia b/c you know it ain't all about stats. For a Leif based his broken-ish (not really without a good holy weapon) self to become underwhelming... is it not befitting too?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Oh she does? I could've sworn there was flavor text in the end that said something about her "Respecting other faiths" maybe that was just the church itself.

Hey that's another thing I learned, I'm really prone to forgetting things.

I mean, it can still happen. She's still alive by the end of the game, so it's not like she couldn't have that realization, but then die some time after.

It's only a potentially lasting effect in AM/SS... but in VW? Yeah, she be dead.

Neo Team Plasma and Team Star being the best villain teams in Pokemon by a significant margin is hilarious when you consider that they are at the complete opposite spectrums.

Team Star: were labelled as the bad guys for the heinous crime of standing up for themselves after being victims of bullying. Through your battles with them, you find out the truth.

Neo Team Plasma: literally terrorists. Probably killed a bunch of people when they attacked Opelucid City with their Kyurem cannon. Also Ghetsis definitely 100% tries to kill you.

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Neo Team Plasma and Team Star being the best villain teams in Pokemon by a significant margin is hilarious when you consider that they are at the complete opposite spectrums.

Team Star: were labelled as the bad guys for the heinous crime of standing up for themselves after being victims of bullying. Through your battles with them, you find out the truth.

Neo Team Plasma: literally terrorists. Probably killed a bunch of people when they attacked Opelucid City with their Kyurem cannon. Also Ghetsis definitely 100% tries to kill you.

Nah fam, it's the Pokémon world. They just fainted.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

lmao! (FF7 Crisis Core Reunion)

Square should have seen this coming after changing something that was amazing:

523af907ab84c8684e420b078c88c2b1.png

074871cc05318de04c8852b87b02503c.png

6d243b4fd75f5c5c2d91e877b43ddf2e.png

7f8aceeeed61fe1d297371e20c49795d.png

There are SO MANY comments that complain about wanting Zack's (The MC of the game) VA to be changed back that anyone would accept reused voice lines. Too bad SE, you chose wrong replacing his VA. XD

They already fucked up by changing the entire cast for FFVIIR

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

OG Team Plasma better

https://i.redd.it/ng123cn4vx601.png

5 minutes ago, Green06 said:

OG Team Plasma better

https://i.redd.it/ng123cn4vx601.png

You say this but most of OG Team Plasma actually just became Neo Team Plasma and only a select few who legitimately believed in Pokemon rights realized their methods were wrong and turned their efforts to running Pokemon conservation and shelters. The ones who didn't were just using it as an excuse to rule Unova and after N lost, they all said "fuck it, we ain't playing nice anymore".

Edited by Armagon

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You say this but most of OG Team Plasma actually just became Neo Team Plasma and only a select few who legitimately believed in Pokemon rights realized their methods were wrong and turned their efforts to running Pokemon conservation and shelters. The ones who didn't were just using it as an excuse to rule Unova and after N lost, they all said "fuck it, we ain't playing nice anymore".

Yeah, but OG Team Plasma actually put some effort in not looking overtly evil

And that line is very funny

4 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Yeah, but OG Team Plasma actually put some effort in not looking overtly evil

That's literally the point. It was all a facade except for the people who genuinely believed in the cause.

On the Neo vs. OG Plasma, I'll say I think BW is stronger overall because for all that plenty there were part of the organisation for power that Plasma as a whole was about more than that. That people agreed with N to at least some degree, even as the contradictions grew and they escalated their actions. OG Plasma still committed abuse against people and pokemon and destroyed an entire ecosystem in Victory Road (And took out best route theme from B2W2)

Neo Plasma might have been mask off and , but I'll say I preferred OG Plasma as a whole in the end.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Also Ghetsis definitely 100% tries to kill you.

I feel like he'd have done the same in BW if he had the chance.